Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sarkozy called Israeli PM Netanyahu 'liar'

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sarkozy called Israeli PM Netanyahu 'liar'

To be honest I still do not understand what you mean by “good instinct to be reelected”. Instinct, as defined by the Merriam Webster dictionary, is “a largely inheritable and unalterable tendency of an organism to make a complex and specific response to environmental stimuli without involving reason”. In other words, instinct is the behavior triggered by reactions happening below the conscious level.

According to the triune brain hypothesis, the human brain consists out three layers that have separate functions.
    1. The reptilian complex is concerned with physical survival and maintenance of the body. In other words, this part of the brain makes sure that the primary functions of the body are fulfilled: breathing, digestion, circulation, reproduction, etc. This layer of the brain plays a crucial role in establishing territory, in courtship and in social dominance (aggressiveness).
    2. The limbian system is the layer responsible for our emotions, feelings, memory, bonding and reactions like the “fight or flight” response.
    3. The neocortex is the layer that helps us reason. It involves our ability to speak, write, see ahead or plan in the future and voluntary movements.

All three layers of the brain are connected, allowing an ongoing process of communication between the sections. However, when we experience stress in a negative way, our reflexes and emotions take over our ability to reason.

Every human is subject to this primitive survival mechanism. Reflexes and emotions make us act impulsively. Nevertheless, if one is aware of his impulses, he is more likely to control them. Therefore, I believe that politicians (in your opinion, the ones with good instinct) act calm like cucumbers because they control themselves – they reason before saying something. In other words, good politicians enable the neocortex to take over reflexes and emotions.

To gain a better understanding of the human brain please check the following video

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Ancy; December 02, 2011 at 03:31 PM.
    "I fancy myself as a fine example of womanhood...
    the kind that clambers on a bike and rides off like John Wayne on a horse
    "

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

well you were the first one to speak about instinct...
    In a more unbiological definition, a decision by instinct is a decision made without reflection and rationalization with a bit of premonition. And a politician who will bring the themes people are concerned about during the campaign and sense when the wind change direction has greater chance to be elected. And Sarkozy does that perfectly

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

well, in that case you were referring to intuition, not instinct.
    "

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

once again I used your word. And i don't know exactly in english but in French we use often instinct and intuition for the same meaning

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand...I guess I was too much into semantics...Anyway, what is your opinion about the French educational system?
    "

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

it is rather good, also at the moment maybe not as good as it used to be. Its greatest advantage is that it is quite easy to make advance studies even with not so rich parents between scholarship and low fee schools.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

well,politicians always lie in front of other people and even in front of other politicians,then this event(sarkozy VS netanyahu) shouldn't surprise.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2