Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Historic Appeal

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Historic Appeal

History buffs? Really anyone who loves history will surely love this manga. But for all fans in general does that historic kind of story appeal to you? I mean with history I found out it is generally a pack of awesome stories that are all true, and viking stuff is not that much mainstream history, even though it is kind of the more epic things in our history. How has the historic aspect of this story made you love it or hate it?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Historic Appeal

I'm not much of a history buff but I love the history aspect of Vinland Saga. Of course it takes a few artistic liberties.
    But to me it makes it all the more bad ass when I know there really were vikings kicking ass and taking names.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SSJPabs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Historic Appeal

I am a big history buff (though I go in for medieval Spain instead of Britain/Scandinavia) and I find the deviations from history very distracting though I can usually just let go and enjoy the story. Still, I hope Canute is presented in a better light in the future.

New Reply