Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sabishii otaku no shoujo

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sabishii otaku no shoujo

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    If you look at the photographs in my favourites gallery, theyre mostly a mixture of landscape photography, nature and wildlife photography, including macro photography, and photos of ruined and abandoned places, including both historical and more recently abandoned sites."[/i]

To tell the truth, it might sound weird but I haven't really taken holidays outside England, I prefer camping to guesthouses or hotels and its excess baggage to take such gear on an aeroplane, then I go camping alone, so there's the problem of getting it around the airport and then from the other airport to the campsite. I can however get to Scotland and Wales without flying over the sea.

And I don't have a pet myself, but I do love snakes, monitor lizards, skuas and birds of prey, and wild carnivores like cats and foxes. My favourite places are forests and the coast, and being besides running water.

If you're so interested by hair and eyes are dark brown, as is usual for people of Iish descent.
    Cool! Your photos look really nice. I also like nature and animals. There is this person I know... he's more like a friend of my best friend, he also likes to take photographs of abandoned places.

I also haven't been outside my country, but Bulgaria isn't like England... It's a small country. And I really want to go to England! If me and Phio-chan happen to go to England at the same time, you we can camp together. ^^ It'd be fun.

I'm kinda bad with snakes, but I like iguanas and chameleons. And my favorite animal is the cat. ^^ And I also like to be in the forest! And at the beach. And running water makes you very calm right? I like that.

I'm actually not that interested. xD It's just for fun. I like dark brown hair and eyes. My hair is light brown (though some people say it's dark blond? ).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    And here I always want to hear the real-life British English.
    Cover you ears first.

Quote Quote:
    I'll let you decide on it as we talk more later.
    Well don't bite me lol...

Quote Quote:
    Ah, I see~ Sorry. Well, no worries, there are lots of awesome manga waiting for you. XD Series you're following now?
    If you mean anime, then at present, I've just finished the first series of Spice and Wolf, after HegemonKhan recommended it because he thinks I'm like Horo. My favourite ongoing manga are Claymore and Negima! Magister Negi Magi, but I also love older, completed series such as FLCL and Love Hina.

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Well you are indeed and old shoujo...but you are quite perfect as a josei...
    But I'm not old enough to be a josei! *Slaps*

Quote Quote:
    And I already read some of your posts in the general world topics section....awesome job
    And loneliness in RL shouldn't be the case here...you'll have a blast here....me thinks!

Welcome!
    Thanks for your compliments, but I don't feel lonely, I feel lonesome and there's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Adorien View Post
    Cool! Your photos look really nice. I also like nature and animals. There is this person I know... he's more like a friend of my best friend, he also likes to take photographs of abandoned places.
    Its called Urban Exploration, or UrbEx for short, Adorien. I know where there's an abandoned zoo but I haven't gone there yet...

Quote Quote:
    I also haven't been outside my country, but Bulgaria isn't like England... It's a small country. And I really want to go to England! If me and Phio-chan happen to go to England at the same time, you we can camp together. ^^ It'd be fun.
    It would. I go camping in a small tipi, which is only big enough for one or two people. So you'd need to bring your own gear.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi faintsmile!

Where in UK are you based?

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

It would. I go camping in a small tipi, which is only big enough for one or two people. So you'd need to bring your own gear.
    No problem! Yay, camping! ^^

You watched Spice and Wolf, did you like it? It's one of my favorites. I love Horo. ^^ And what do you think, are you like her? xD

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Hi faintsmile!

Where in UK are you based?
    Hi!

I'm in the north-west, dump that it is!

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adorien View Post
    No problem! Yay, camping! ^^

You watched Spice and Wolf, did you like it? It's one of my favorites. I love Horo. ^^ And what do you think, are you like her? xD
    I'm impulsive, manipulative and narcissistic, so yep I'm quite like Horo the Wise Wolf.

And I do love the series, but then again I love paganism, wolves and medieval looking settings so I'm biased.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm impulsive, manipulative and narcissistic, so yep I'm quite like Horo the Wise Wolf.

And I do love the series, but then again I love paganism, wolves and medieval looking settings so I'm biased.
    I see.

I'm glad you like it. ^^ I like medieval stuff too and Horo is just too cute!

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

She is kawaii and so am I.

If you like medieval stuff then do you like Claymore?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well don't worry, you're at least one of the above.
    Of course.

And Indian? Don't forget the Indianisation of south-east Asia.
    Too bad, I don't really know anything related to Indian here.

Well... dont, because you'll just be disappointed that it isn't the same London we show to foreigners in books. And don't expect it to feel English either, you need to see our rural communities to get a sense of that. But a trip to London ought to be cheaper than going to Africa and Pakistan and Poland I suppose, you'll experience rootless and degraded versions of a lot of the worlds cultures if you visit London...

But whatever you do, just stay away from Manchester and Liverpool, or you'll wish you never came here... Those cities would be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder if they were people, instead of cities that are breeding grounds for lowlife. Nothing good has come out of Manchester since the very early (pre-rave) 90s, and nothing of note from Liverpool since the Beatles in the 1960s, except for an axed television soap about incest and people burying a dead body under their patio. Unbelievably both places, have a tourist industry - don't bother.

Nice places in Britain to visit would be the New Forest, the Peaks and the Lakes, Cornwall's coasts and the Scilly Isles, Norfolk Broads, Yorkshire Dales, Snowdonia, the Scottish Islands and the Highlands of Scotland etc... but there are places that too many people ignore as destinations like the Pembrokeshire coast in Wales and Dumfries and Galloway in southwest Scotland, that are as least as good and you don't need to worry about the tourist season or avoiding tacky tourist traps. I love both of them...
    But I still want to get the feel of London.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I'll see whether I can afford to go those places later on.. Someday far off in the future..

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Welcome to MangaHelpers, faintsmile! So you have met my fellow spammer friend. Such discussions going on there. Please pardon her as she's quite a maniac in that kind of things, hahaha~
    Hah, and you're so late on coming here.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

And here I always want to hear the real-life British English.
    Dream on! Hahaha~

But it is true that British people is hard to find around here... I can always meet American people but not British..

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Well don't bite me lol...
    She'll bite you.

Thanks for your compliments, but I don't feel lonely, I feel lonesome and there's a difference.
    True, true... there's a difference.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Dang! I think we're going to be a good friend!! Wolves and medieval? I'm looking forward for great discussion in the future.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

I'm in the north-west, dump that it is!
    Where in Northwest? I'm in the Midlands, Brummieland

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    But I still want to get the feel of London.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I'll see whether I can afford to go those places later on.. Someday far off in the future..
    Quote Quote:
    Dream on! Hahaha~

But it is true that British people is hard to find around here... I can always meet American people but not British..
    Do you realise that you might not understand our spoken accents without difficulty?

Quote Quote:
    She'll bite you.
    Don't worry, I can bite back

Quote Quote:
    True, true... there's a difference.
    There is *sigh*... I've found that special someone but I can't have him.

"I'm never less at leisure than when at leisure, or less alone than when alone." - Scipio Africanus

I think this quote sums up my attitude as a loner with no emotional bonds to others except one boy I can't have, like an instinct to mate and breed.

Quote Quote:
    Dang! I think we're going to be a good friend!! Wolves and medieval? I'm looking forward for great discussion in the future.
    Well I assumed you'd like them if you like Neofolk, because Neofolk celebrates Northern European identity and culture, and our ancestors saw wolves as Woden's dogs.

Do you love Wolfs Rain too?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Where in Northwest? I'm in the Midlands, Brummieland
    Well, I'm quite a bit to your north lol, but not as far north as Cumbria. We might be moving to mid-Wales soon anyway, into a static caravan between Lampeter and Aberaeron.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolf's Rain!!! Haven't met anyone that liked it round here

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfs Rain is good, I love its philosophical and religious influences, as well as wolves being awesome. (Even though I'm more like a fox or a jackal than a wolf myself.) Wolves were sacred in pre-Meiji Japan when Westernisers exterminated them with firearms for he first time, because they'd introduced livestock farming to the traditionally Buddhist country. So wolves have become an important symbol of tradition and heritage in Japan.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to mh fainty~~~

Nice title for the thread. Well being lonely is not nice but you get my point, I think.

How come you never mentioned it to me?

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I now have crushes on Kiba and Toboe after watching Wolfs Rain... bestiality much?

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    How come you never mentioned it to me?

Sorry Professor, it's one of those things that I wouldn't have thought of in a long time until someone had mentioned it.

Absotively loved the anime opening

25. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast