Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabishii otaku no shoujo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Sabishii otaku no shoujo

HegemonKhan suggested that I say something, so... my names Clare, and I'm a 19 year old shoujo, which makes me feel a bit old *eek*. I like taking photos, but I haven't been doing it very long. I also love Japanese anime and manga, Vocaloid songs and Touhou games, and the boy in my avatar is Raki from Claymore who Im in love with *squee*! And my screen name is from an awesome character called Teresa of the Faint Smile from the same anime and manga.

I dont know any other anime fans where I live but Im really the sort of quiet girl who doesn't usually say much, and I dont find it easy to make friends or to get on with other people. Most other people find me antisocial and cold and snarky and I just find most people boring anyway. But even though I don't like most people or feel lonely, I do feel lonesome though, and my strike range is ages 12-22 or something like that...

I enjoy most kinds of anime and manga. But Im not a convention goer, and one reason is because I dont drink alcohol which is such a big thing at the UK conventions and because I don't like social events, or most uni students, who seem to be the vast majority of con goers here because of the age restrictions.

I also love animals and children, nature, camping, cooking, photography and neofolk music.

My favourite anime and manga series is Claymore by Norohiro Yagi, which has lots of themes in it that are relevant to my life. My other favourite anime and manga include Code Geass, Death Note, Elfen Lied, Fate Stay Night, FLCL, Love Hina, Negima! Magister Negi Magi, Wolfs Rain etc...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sabishii otaku no shoujo

Hi then Clare!! (Can I call you Clare? )
    Welcome to MH! Don't feel old coz I'm 19 years old too and I still feel very young!

Oh, by joining in here I think you'll find many other anime fans.. and many of us are quiet chatty really, so I don't think you'll find us boring.

Convention, huh? At least there are conventions in your place, in my city we don't have it at all... (or maybe I never know where)

Neofolk music? Another neofolk music lover!!

I see Fate/Stay Night there... Do you watch Fate/Zero by any chance?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

You might feel young and so do I, what I meant is younger boys feel that I'm old.

And no, I've not seen Fate Zero... just FSN. I could make a list of all the anime and manga I have, but I can't memorise them.

But believe me, if you were here in the UK, you'd want to stay away from conventions, unless you just want to get drunk, which is all there is to do for teens anywhere in the UK, and they're way too expensive to get into as well.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, who cares about those younger boys. Indeed there are a lot of younger boys here but I just antagonize them.

Hmm, you should watch Fate/Zero then. It is more promising than FSN.

Hmm. Maybe, I can't stomach alcohol anyway. It upsets my stomach greatly. I just wish there's a convention here.

Anyway, you remind me that I really want to go to UK!! Where do you live in the UK?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Younger boys are the best catch, if a younger boy is man enough to make the first move on an older girl, then hes an alpha. And if he's still inexperienced at the time, he's going to worship you.

And no, I don't like alcohol, and I try to avoid social situations where people do dangerous, addictive things because I'd stand out if I didn't . I don't do drugs or smoke for that reason, either, or have promiscuous sex (but flirting with boys online is something else lol). Its nothing to do with being 'good', its about controlling your own life and keeping safe from bringing harm to yourself. Besides how can someone rebel through behaving like that, when that is what British society promotes?

Oh... and I'm from up t'north, so if you come to Britain take my advice and avoid this area of the country. In fact if I was you, I'd avoid all of the cities in Britain, and the provincial towns too, especially at nights. But here up north, we have two awful cities full of criminals, called Liverpool and Manchester, whose people think are the centre of the universe when they're both the sort of crap places you wouldn't want to visit, ever. In the area between and all around these dumps are numerous horrible, decaying towns with no identity because everything looks the same, because all the shops are the same high street names, or they're empty and boarded up. Walking through the worst ones is like playing Resident Evil, with addicts staring you out.

If you ever do come to Britain, then we do have lovely areas here as well, just stick to the countryside and if its possible enjoy camping in a tent, because that's the best way to enjoy Britain.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    Younger boys are the best catch, if a younger boy is man enough to make the first move on an older girl, then hes an alpha. And if he's still inexperienced at the time, he's going to worship you.
    Well, I think I'm still an old-school girl since I don't like younger boys. I antagonize every younger boys who try to flirt with me. ^^"

And no, I don't like alcohol, and I try to avoid social situations where people do dangerous, addictive things because I'd stand out if I didn't . I don't do drugs or smoke for that reason, either, or have promiscuous sex (but flirting with boys online is something else lol). Its nothing to do with being 'good', its about controlling your own life and keeping safe from bringing harm to yourself. Besides how can someone rebel through behaving like that, when that is what British society promotes?
    I'm doing the exact thing you do... I don't drink alcohol (though if someone offers me a very high quality wine, I'll be happy to accept.. ), do drugs or smoke. The eastern society is quiet harsh when it comes to this kind of things. I don't know anything about British society since I never go there or even know a British person personally but I think what you said is quite true.

Oh... and I'm from up t'north, so if you come to Britain take my advice and avoid this area of the country. In fact if I was you, I'd avoid all of the cities in Britain, and the provincial towns too, especially at nights. But here up north, we have two awful cities full of criminals, called Liverpool and Manchester, whose people think are the centre of the universe when they're both the sort of crap places you wouldn't want to visit, ever. In the area between and all around these dumps are numerous horrible, decaying towns with no identity because everything looks the same, because all the shops are the same high street names, or they're empty and boarded up. Walking through the worst ones is like playing Resident Evil, with addicts staring you out.

If you ever do come to Britain, then we do have lovely areas here as well, just stick to the countryside and if its possible enjoy camping in a tent, because that's the best way to enjoy Britain.
    Well, I want to go the tourist spots, of course, where I can see all the historical buildings. I also want to visit the British Library if that's possible. I'm not the type to go on trip to have fun, I'm the type to go on trip to learn the history and culture in an enjoyable way. I want to go to the countryside too since I want to enjoy the fields and forests. I'm sick with all the jungles here.. ^^" Don't worry, if I go there someday, I'll be careful. I won't go out at night, I think, not without any male company. I'm not sure about the tent, though.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Well, I think I'm still an old-school girl since I don't like younger boys. I antagonize every younger boys who try to flirt with me. ^^"
    I pretty much antagonise everyone who doesn't seem fun or useful in some way.

Quote Quote:
    I'm doing the exact thing you do... I don't drink alcohol (though if someone offers me a very high quality wine, I'll be happy to accept.. ), do drugs or smoke. The eastern society is quiet harsh when it comes to this kind of things. I don't know anything about British society since I never go there or even know a British person personally but I think what you said is quite true.
    And I think eastern culture is superior too. I prefer the value systems of religions such as Taoism and Buddhism over those of the three Abrahamic religions. Personally I'd also prefer to live under Islamic law, which makes criminals afraid, to Western liberalism, which allows criminals to create fear among good people.

Quote Quote:
    Well, I want to go the tourist spots, of course, where I can see all the historical buildings. I also want to visit the British Library if that's possible. I'm not the type to go on trip to have fun, I'm the type to go on trip to learn the history and culture in an enjoyable way. I want to go to the countryside too since I want to enjoy the fields and forests. I'm sick with all the jungles here.. ^^" Don't worry, if I go there someday, I'll be careful. I won't go out at night, I think, not without any male company. I'm not sure about the tent, though.
    If you do come here give London a miss, and make sure you manage to miss the tourist season if you do visit Stratford-upon-Avon, the Lakes or the Peak District... and the male company of inexperienced boys is most fun in tents, with one single sleeping bag

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much antagonise everyone who doesn't seem fun or useful in some way.
    Hahaha... yeah, right.

And I think eastern culture is superior too. I prefer the value systems of religions such as Taoism and Buddhism over those of the three Abrahamic religions. Personally I'd also prefer to live under Islamic law, which makes criminals afraid, to Western liberalism, which allows criminals to create fear among good people.
    Well, I'm somewhat in the middle, since I follow one of the three Abrahamic religions but my culture is very much influenced by Chinese and Middle-East culture. ^^"

If you do come here give London a miss, and make sure you manage to miss the tourist season if you do visit Stratford-upon-Avon, the Lakes or the Peak District... and the male company of inexperienced boys is most fun in tents, with one single sleeping bag
    But I want to visit London very much... And of course I'll avoid the tourist season, I hate crowds. Umm... I don't think I'll have that kind of company. ^^"

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Hahaha... yeah, right.
    Well don't worry, you're at least one of the above.

Quote Quote:
    Well, I'm somewhat in the middle, since I follow one of the three Abrahamic religions but my culture is very much influenced by Chinese and Middle-East culture. ^^"
    And Indian? Don't forget the Indianisation of south-east Asia.

Quote Quote:
    But I want to visit London very much... And of course I'll avoid the tourist season, I hate crowds. Umm... I don't think I'll have that kind of company. ^^"
    Well... dont, because you'll just be disappointed that it isn't the same London we show to foreigners in books. And don't expect it to feel English either, you need to see our rural communities to get a sense of that. But a trip to London ought to be cheaper than going to Africa and Pakistan and Poland I suppose, you'll experience rootless and degraded versions of a lot of the worlds cultures if you visit London...

But whatever you do, just stay away from Manchester and Liverpool, or you'll wish you never came here... Those cities would be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder if they were people, instead of cities that are breeding grounds for lowlife. Nothing good has come out of Manchester since the very early (pre-rave) 90s, and nothing of note from Liverpool since the Beatles in the 1960s, except for an axed television soap about incest and people burying a dead body under their patio. Unbelievably both places, have a tourist industry - don't bother.

Nice places in Britain to visit would be the New Forest, the Peaks and the Lakes, Cornwall's coasts and the Scilly Isles, Norfolk Broads, Yorkshire Dales, Snowdonia, the Scottish Islands and the Highlands of Scotland etc... but there are places that too many people ignore as destinations like the Pembrokeshire coast in Wales and Dumfries and Galloway in southwest Scotland, that are as least as good and you don't need to worry about the tourist season or avoiding tacky tourist traps. I love both of them...
    Last edited by faintsmile1992; November 10, 2011 at 02:46 AM.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, I want to go to England.

Welcome to MangaHelpers, faintsmile! So you have met my fellow spammer friend. Such discussions going on there. Please pardon her as she's quite a maniac in that kind of things, hahaha~

Do you follow this season's new anime, by the chance?

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Still, I want to go to England.
    England's fine, just beware of the English lol.

Quote Quote:
    Welcome to MangaHelpers, faintsmile! So you have met my fellow spammer friend. Such discussions going on there. Please pardon her as she's quite a maniac in that kind of things, hahaha~
    I hope you're friendly too?

Quote Quote:
    Do you follow this season's new anime, by the chance?
    Well I only follow anime if they're dubbed and licenced, because unlike reading black and white manga I have problems reading subs against a moving background, so I don't follow them as soon as they get released over in Japan.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Clare (I'll call you that too if you don't mind)! Welcome to MH!

I'm also interested in photography. It's just an interest though (for now at least). Do you upload your photos in DeviantArt? If so, I'd love to look at them. Anyway, what pictures do you like to take?

Where outside of England have you been?
    Do you have a pet?
    What is your favorite animal?
    Do you have a favorite place?
    What color are your eyes? Yep, I can get carried away...

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

England's fine, just beware of the English lol.
    And here I always want to hear the real-life British English.

I hope you're friendly too?
    I'll let you decide on it as we talk more later.

Well I only follow anime if they're dubbed and licenced, because unlike reading black and white manga I have problems reading subs against a moving background, so I don't follow them as soon as they get released over in Japan.
    Ah, I see~ Sorry. Well, no worries, there are lots of awesome manga waiting for you. XD Series you're following now?

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you are indeed and old shoujo...but you are quite perfect as a josei...

And I already read some of your posts in the general world topics section....awesome job
    And loneliness in RL shouldn't be the case here...you'll have a blast here....me thinks!

Welcome!

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Try http://faintsmile1992.deviantart.com to see some of my images but I haven't uploaded any new ones in a while. I've posted this information about my photogaphy there, so I'll say it on here too.

"My cropped galleries are where you will find the most consistently high quality of photographs, although there are good photos in my other galleries too.

If you look at the photographs in my favourites gallery, theyre mostly a mixture of landscape photography, nature and wildlife photography, including macro photography, and photos of ruined and abandoned places, including both historical and more recently abandoned sites."

I haven't modified any of those images in any way other than by cropping those photos in the later galleries with PhotoScape. I'm not very good with Paint.NET, and its only later that I tried even cropping them. I guess it shows how I lose interest in things and jump from hobby to hobby whilst forgetting the old one.

To tell the truth, it might sound weird but I haven't really taken holidays outside England, I prefer camping to guesthouses or hotels and its excess baggage to take such gear on an aeroplane, then I go camping alone, so there's the problem of getting it around the airport and then from the other airport to the campsite. I can however get to Scotland and Wales without flying over the sea.

And I don't have a pet myself, but I do love snakes, monitor lizards, skuas and birds of prey, and wild carnivores like cats and foxes. My favourite places are forests and the coast, and being besides running water.

If you're so interested by hair and eyes are dark brown, as is usual for people of Iish descent.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast