Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 32 Discussion | Ch. 33 Prediction

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 32 Discussion | Ch. 33 Prediction

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Ao no Exorcist.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by earthforge; February 01, 2012 at 03:51 PM.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 32 Spoiler Thread

Chinese scan is out (somebody else gets to post the link). I haven't read it yet, but discuss! (Why did it have to come out during studytime?!?!)
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dbgohan08's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CopyNinjaKakashi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy craps! Looks to be quite the chapter!

Kuro!
    Rin draws Kurikara finally!
    Suguro collapses and the barrier is dissolving!
    Toudou wasn't finished messing with Yukio's head!

I can wait for the scanlation.
    "I help those who help themselves."

-"Jesus" aka Zoidberg

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

@_@
    my god, I can't wait for this chapter to be translated.

from what i can understand of the chapter, that fire bird that was possessing everyone's weapons is now possessing rins sword, do you think that everyone's weapons will now sprout blue flame?
    just an idea.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! This month Ao Ex was released fast. Waiting for the scanlation, too.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved this month's chapter for three big reason.

1. BON WHEN U GET SO HOT?
    2. Toudou ma man!
    3. demon!Rin is BACK! LAAAA! (And Kazue's keeping with the longears! Yeahah!)

Honorable mention: Yukio shooting the shit out of bits'of'Toudou after getting enraged.

I'm still wondering what Toudou said to get Yukio that pissed...?

"Yukio, I am your mother!" *shot*
    "Yukio, I love you!" *shot*
    "Yukio, is that a gun in your trousers or are you just happy to see me?" *shot*

On a serious note, I wonder if it's something to do with how freaked out Yukio got over body parts popping out of the ground and strangling everyone.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

44 Page long chapter! Woohoo! Translation can't get here sooner.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luna_wolf View Post
    from what i can understand of the chapter, that fire bird that was possessing everyone's weapons is now possessing rins sword, do you think that everyone's weapons will now sprout blue flame?
    just an idea.
    Now you mentioned it, Shima did look shocked when he glanced at his weapon. But, I don't know. It'd be interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    1. BON WHEN U GET SO HOT?
    2. Toudou ma man!
    3. demon!Rin is BACK! LAAAA! (And Kazue's keeping with the longears! Yeahah!)
    1. He looked about to be sick, sweaty, covered in boils, bags under his eyes, chicken hair all destroyed and totally not cool. But I still loved him in this chapter, seems like he was really friendly, courageous and such.
    2. He got to the point where he's no longer an actual opponent but a zombie you want to beat to death upon seeing. It's awesome.
    3. Yeah. I'm relieved

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    "Yukio, is that a gun in your trousers or are you just happy to see me?" *shot*
    I can see him doing that.
    Last edited by Kryanka; February 01, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

woot chapter's out!!!http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/32
    thanks mangazone!!!!

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

(Note to self: Don't read translated chapters with Toudou at work. I had to quell my verbal expressions of "oh you miserable little manipulator!".)

Kyoto Tower! Haha, Bon's just upset that Rin's obsessed with that. Aww, those two...

Okay, Toudou you actually said "I'm interested in you"... You are so fucking screwed Yukio, he'll do anything to get you. And yeah, I'm sorry to say Toudou is right in that self-loathing is incredibly unstable and childish. When your stubbornness goes one day or your training gives way to your rage like when you shot every vestige of Toudou, you will be doomed.

That "die." Oh fuck. Never. Ever. Ever. In the name of ALL THAT IS GOOD AND WHOLESOME IN ODIN'S BEARD. Piss off. Yukio. That page is scarier than shit. Yukio knows he went overboard, and he's embarrassed and angry at himself and Toudou. Toudou has got his calling card.

The Nietzche quote is so apropo to being an exorcist. It reflects Rin literally with his anger that can give way to mindless rage, and Yukio internally since he buries his negative feelings and doesn't deal with them. Dayum, I was going to reference that in a fic of mine too! I guess I'll have to stick with Yeats and Shakespeare.

With this chapter, my writing block on "Mortal Coil" is destroyed.

"Nemo" by Nightwish really reflected Rin in this chapter and his confusion over why he exists ("why, old man, was I saved?") and his desperation to keep from going over the edge. "Drown the Demon" by MaYaN eerily reminds me so much of Toudou talking to Yukio - "predestined to fail and give up, just sacrifice your soul, you can't deny the demon that is in control" and "don't you deny me, bare to face pain and aggression, don't you despise me".

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 32 Discussion | Ch. 33 Prediction

Everything was all awesome til that random powerup at the end. I was left with a kinda "wtf?" feeling after that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*let's skip homework and read the newest AnE chapter!*
    Hello! It's been a while~

Rin looked so dark in this chapter! When Kazue-sensei shaded in half his face and left his eyes peering out... *shudder* kinda makes you wonder what would happen if Rin went serious and evil.... going off Mephisto quoting Nietzche. (lol, did the abyss part remind anyone of PH? ;D )

Earthforge, what's wrong with referencing the quote in your fic? :P Could be considered "canon"

Though, I don't feel that the Okumura twins would give in to their "demon" nature as easily as Mephisto or Toudou seem to think.

O.O Woah...Yukio...your mask just plummeted and exploded. What are you going to do now? Shima was a witness as well.

Love the exchange about Kyoto Tower, and Rin finally pulled it out! Nice.

Refresh my memory? is Ucchusma the demon in the koumaken? Or not? And master as in...a demon master or Fujimoto? :O
    (although, on the last page, ucchusma reminded me of Hedwig for some reason.. XD)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

(I read this at work mid-day: it was such a chapter that I was unable to focus for hours since I kept vomiting analysis of it.)

I don't think Toudou expects Yukio to go all demon-y immediately, he just sees it as plain ol' inevitable with Yukio's personal issues (self-loathing is very damaging, to yourself and others around you - it cannot hold). Yukio fears this incredibly.

I don't think it was a problem that Juuzou was a witness. To him, it will just seem like Toudou's frantically trying to get an ally and is for some reason really interested in Yukio. It's not unknown that there are humans with demon siblings, so that's not indemnifying. It would also make sense that a kid as young as Yukio would get infuriated. Juuzou doesn't know about the seeing blue thing, so it probably doesn't register as any more than overwork for a stressed out kid.

However, you'd have to be insane or Mephisto to order Yukio into another situation where he confronts Toudou. Toudou successfully baited Yukio in this chapter, and Yukio is very embarrassed about it.

Karura was in Koumaken, I think Karura is Ucchusma's master. Ucchusma was the demon that the High Priests had a contract with.

The bit of Nietzche was the only bit I've read justifying Mephisto's position in this arc. Mephisto says it in reference to Rin, but I think it seriously reflects Yukio much more, especially with Yukio's explosion.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think older Shima was really understanding Yukio's situation. I think he was a little freaked out of Yukio because he overdid it a lot (overkill is the word?).

I think the "He who fights monsters" line (Anti-hero type V, iirc TvTropes) pretty much applies to both brothers and in diferent ways. Even if Yukio isn't a "blood" demon, he's on the verge of becoming one because his behaviour (because humans can be monsters). And Rin is obviously fighting against his own violent nature everytime he draws his sword. I'm not really concerned about the author giving Yukio the blue flames at this point. Besides, I was wondering if Yukio is more of a cold and ice person, i.e.: a water elemental, because of his name.

Another thing I noticed and I think is going to be important from now on is this thing that fluffly-firebird said about they (demons and spirits) not being such a thing as, well, demons, angels and so, but just spirits, all of them being the same. And Rin's flames being the "sacred" flames. From a time ago I was wondering if this blue flame thing is not just a Satan sign, but a feature shared by a family of beings. I mean, wasn't Michael the angel of fire? I'm not really on christian symbology, but I vaguely remember this from... I don't know. I think he had a sword in flames, ironically.
    Last edited by Zaresh; February 01, 2012 at 11:43 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast