Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Naruto Team vs Bleach Team (Animators)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Team vs Bleach Team (Animators)

I have been wanting to discuss this for a long time, but I've always wondered, why does Bleach always get the good animation teams and have mostly consistent animation, while Naruto almost always get the bad teams and have inconsistent animation??

Naruto gets usually rather subpar animation during any canon arc and usually wastes the good animators on filler arcs. The only times when they have good animation in a canon arc is when it's either a Sasuke or Hinata episode. This leads me to believe they're biased towards these 2 characters, (which is pretty obvious). And as for wasting animators on fillers, I wouldn't mind having good animators in fillers. AS LONG AS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE A DECENT PLOT, DAMMIT!!!

Bleach, on the other hand, gets all the treatment and is like the golden child of the 2. It usually has fairly good and consistent animation most of the time. And that's not all. They also have better storywriting in fillers compared to Naruto.

Now this is what boggles me, what makes Pierrot prefer to give preferential treatment to Bleach?? why isn't it equal with the both of them??

I know the old reason: Bleach sells better in DVD's.

But this doesn't make any sense to me. If they really wanted to sell more DVD's wouldn't they have given them both equal treatment?? And moreover, Naruto is a freakin' MEGA-franchise since DBZ. (internationally, I mean) And besides, by giving the Bleach treatment to Naruto, they would certainly double the profits, wouldn't they??

As for treatment of fillers, I can understand that fillers do have pretty high rankings in Japan, but at the very least they could have a decent plot if they were serious about fillers. Of course, these past few episodes have been decent, but it was only until the latter half of this current filler arc that it got better. Why can't they have some consistent storytelling for once??

That's not the last of my gripes about the storywriting. There's also the characterization. As far as I can tell, there's also some really off characterizations. Mostly with Naruto. I can't believe how dumb they make him look in fillers.

And lastly, they also seem to know next to nothing about prioritizing. Instead of churning out new movies every year, they should instead give the Bleach treatment by releasing it bi-annually, thus, not wasting any of the budget on movies. This, as we know already makes the series suffer. With the good animators on the movie team, the series are left over with bad animators.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner odz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Team vs Bleach Team (Animators)

I don't know if I fully agree. I usually don't notice the differences in animators when watching either, but I distinctly remember being disgusted by the animation in bleach during the Hueco Mundo arc. (final fight with grimmjow) My thoughts are that naruto has been relatively consistent whereas bleach fluctuates between good/bad more drastically

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach animators are clearly better than Naruto.

And they are more consistent.
    For Naruto, you can have one episode that is really good and the next one is crap.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member matsemann08's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Bleach has mostly only good animation, specially during fillers, Bleach fillers are a treat to the eye. Just watch the latest arc, the first half of the arc has some of the best animation (specially lighting) of any Bleach episode.
    Naruto's animation has few tops (85, 123, 166) and a loooot of lows.
    The animation style is so different between the two though.

I seem to remember that I never disliked the animation of a Naruto episode before I started reading the manga, when you don't know what's going to happen I think you don't care as much about the animation. When you have read the manga you're much more observant, and you look to see how Studio Pierrot has treated the manga.
    Wish I hadn't started reading the manga, although I couldn't, because I would have been spoiler by the internet and friends

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I will just write what I know from 'reading' others: Bleach animation team is definitely better than Naruto animation team <or whatever the case with this issue> The same goes with fillers it seems <I mean: opinion is the same - Bleach can have interesting fillers with plot <like mini arc or sth> whereas Naruto has serious shit, even when making such mini arcs <unfortunately didn't seen Sora arc so I cannot say if its true>>

That aside:
    Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy
    The only times when they have good animation in a canon arc is when it's either a Sasuke or Hinata episode
    From what I know, its because of that particular director of 'fast action' or sth, who likes Sasuke/Hinata characters. But correct me if I'm wrong, I just speculate on what I read from others posts, haha xd
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach anime > naruto anime. Naruto manga> bleach manga.
    I always enjoy bleach fillers ( if the fillers have no plot its a minimum of 3-4 episodes unlike naruto 5months+). Is it so hard for naruto team to make up some random decent bad guys? instead of ghost ships and giant insects -.-

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well now that the Bleach getting brought to a close as of March 27thi this year. Hopefully Naruto fans can say goodbye to crap like this..

Spoiler: A few of the animators lowpoints. show

With Bleach and Beelzebub cancelled Studio Pierrot has no excuse for not putting their best people on the Naruto anime. And hopefully fire anybody involved in unleashing the abomination that was Naruto Shippuden episode 167 upon the world.(they deserve it)
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply