Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Thread

Venom65437

Re: Baseball Topic

You're probably right that he should be in, but sports Hall of Fames are a joke really. We could write a whole novel on players that should be in... players that maybe SHOULDN'T, and how flawed the process is in general...[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 05:09:46 PM_________________________________________________So just out of curiosity, with the season coming up, anyone like fantasy baseball? I have never done it, but I did play fantasy football and it was pretty entertaining. Anyway, if there are some people interested, we could have our own little league at Yahoo, I'd set it up and everything.

Any takers?

-[/hr]
    Ok, so I'm taking it no one is interested. That's ok, looking forward to the start of the season, only a few weeks away!

-[/hr]
    The season starts Sunday! Whose excited??
    Last edited by Venom65437; March 29, 2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity PaperYomiko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Venom65437 View Post
    The season starts Sunday! Whose excited??
    I am!
    First game was tonight...except my cable wasn't working, so I only saw the ninth inning, and it was a disaster, 1-7
    "Peace to the books of the world, an iron hammer to those who would abuse them..."

Venom65437

Well we're 1-0! Atlanta will surely go undefeated this year!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

undefeated, huh? I'd buy you a beer if that were the case

well we won tonight, 7-1, so balance has been restored in the universe.
    "Peace to the books of the world, an iron hammer to those who would abuse them..."

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. Cubs are 1-1 right now and after the lame game Zambrano had against the Reds in losing 5-1 on Monday, looks like we got a better pitcher in Ted Lilly right now, he schooled the Reds 4-1 tonight.

PaperYomiko, who's your team?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Red Sox XD

Good luck with your season, btw, you cubs fans deserve it!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Uchiha Slayer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we're 1-0! Atlanta will surely go undefeated this year!
    Plus we bot a better bullpin!!! No more losses down the streach, HOPEFULLY.
    <br />Dont look me in the eyes or you&#039;ll be sorry

Venom65437

3-0 beeyotches!!! I'm telling you 162-0 all the way!

It's such a relief that we have good pitching in the bullpen, and we don't have to stress out about that! The best part is were winning while Chipper and Andruw haven't played really well offensively yet.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That freaking Brian McCain is the truth for Atlanta. The division will not be easy to clench. But this year we're going to get it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

now we're 2-2 I hate being tied...
    and it's too bad cause Wakefield pitched well, but didn't get any run support, which seems to be a common thing for him >.<
    I really wanted him to get a win for his opener, too...

but the good news is that Matsuzaka appears to be living up to all the hype. He pitched a great game on thursday, 10 k's

Venom65437

Good old John Smoltz comes through for us when we need him and we righted the ship. I'm still overall very impressed by our pitching. When Chipper and Andruw get going, we're really going to be something.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good old John Smoltz comes through for us when we need him and we righted the ship. I'm still overall very impressed by our pitching. When Chipper and Andruw get going, we're really going to be something.

pitching is above avarage this year for real...I heard people talking that we might have the best bullpin in baseball, but we got to see. I think Andrew and Chipper are mid season stars. They'll come around. GO BRAVES!!!

Venom65437

I have absolute confidence that Chip and Andruw will have great years like they always do. I'm just happy to see us doing well while they aren't. I think Chip might be about to get started... he hit the ball hard all last game, and you can't tell me you didn't think that double in the 8th was going to be out of there, I thought for sure it was.

Our bullpen is excellent, it's so nice to be able to trust them again.

In some bad news, Mike Hampton is out for the year AGAIN. Tore a tendon in his left elbow... ugh.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, about time Atlanta bulpin get it going, took a hold year. But Chip and Andrew are really swinging the ball good. Its time for Langerhan(how ever you spell it) to get it going. Jeff F. is just coming aroung, he hit nasty homer two nights ago. The boy Andrew is getting sick with it. I hope Atlanta keep the wallet open for him.

Venom65437

Yes, I think we'd be crazy to let Andruw go. Between his offense and defense he's one of the 5 best players in baseball, IMO. That said, we haven't paid for ANYONE to stay for years. The only players who have stayed, Chipper and Smoltz, took less money because they wanted to be here.

BTW, now that Chipper has gotten going, he's off to one of the best starts of his career, I would really like to see him stay healthy and show what he can do again this year.

New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast