Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should I read manga after watch OP anime?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sushi's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I read manga after watch OP anime?

see many people helps you here so what did you decided on?

A white rose for one's true love

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spactaa
    About the topic...I think in one piece it's not necessary to read the manga in addition to the anime, if your concern is about the plot, the anime details mostly everything the manga does, so don't worry.
    Yep, I think that's the answer if that was your concern here ^^ One Piece rarely strays from the main plot as compared to other anime I know.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azurel
    Yep, I think that's the answer if that was your concern here ^^ One Piece rarely strays from the main plot as compared to other anime I know.
    Jup that's wat makes it great
    OMG so much empty space down here i rly gotta make a zoro sig :P<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; \/<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; .

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ahfei's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sushi
    see many people helps you here so what did you decided on?
    i had decided to read manga. In fact, i already finished reading it. (Argh, quick reply doesnt have smile icon.)
    Dam fast and not lazy. I found some scene a little bit different, but both are great.

and i suggest everyone read both manga and watch anime!
    "I only said I can cook; I never say my cooking is edible"

Post Thanks / Like

But wats the difference between the manga and anime story?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In my humble opinion, the manga is vastly superior to the anime - not only because the art style in the anime is kind of generic wheras Oda's is quite distinctive, but because the manga doesn't have filler, lame fight extensions, and hour after hour of recaps and discussions meant to stretch things out. While the anime is quite epic - particularly with the music - the manga is simply supreme.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you right now that I started watcing the anime firdt and I stopped at episode 280. I picked up with the manga and I did not miss anything, so I say that the anime is definitely worth watching especially if you want to catch up sooner. Watch the anime then the manga. Personally, I don't think there is that much difference except after episode 280 there was a lot of flashbacks, but it still follows the manga perfectly besideds that everything is cool.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, i have to admit- One Piece is the only Anime-Manga combo that i never get tired of watching both. i have read one piece since it started (manga- 97 right?) same goes for the anime. It is not the same for any other anime-manga combo like Naruto, bleach, DBZ and many many others. I never seem to get disinterested.

There are some times the manga seems or feels better (maybe it is the suspense factor attributed to waiting for the next chapter0. And sometimes the anime is just superb for the same scenes- plot-story material. For me they complement each other fine-- for One Piece only. I wouldnt miss one for the other.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bakashijinsan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Both are good.

But I like the manga more. I seem to feel the intensity of the fights more in the manga than in the anime. Plus, in the anime, some scenes were changed so that it won't be too disturbing to the viewers (like how Belmel died). While I understand that side of the anime, I prefer the straighforwardness of the manga.

For me manga has more advantages. 1) it saves me more time 2) I can be updated with the story 3) Even at work, you can read it without disturbing other people or being caught by your boss 4) Doesn't take that much time to download and doesn't take up too much space in your HDD. I mean, a single anime episode of OP can amount to at least 8~10 Volumes of manga already. 5) and as aforementioned, no fillers!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont understand the whole thing with downloading this things i use no download sites and i get the same quality well not on the anime but that doesnt realy both me cause i read teh manga more it is eaisier to get hooked on it comes out faster and i dont wanna have to go back and listen to the came stuff agian whicih i would have to do if i were to watch the anime religously

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member neild's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

u better read the manga.first i love the anime more than the manga because of all the moving pics and music element in it.but now because the anime is slowed in progress by side stories which oda didnt make (as far as i know) and ridicolous amount of flashbacks (which it thought were unneccesarry during the cp9 arc,luckily they were reedemed by the flashback of merry's upon its death on episode 312 with touching music.i would be very happy if someone can tell me the song name and singer). i thought i just cant wait for the new anime to be available to download every 2 weeks.the manga on the other hand provide faster progress on the story and patience is not my strongest attribute.
    our dreams....
    luffy: ...to become the king of pirates!!
    zoro: ...to become the world's greatest swordsman!!
    nami: ...to draw the map of the world!!
    ussop: ...to be a brave warrior of the sea!!
    sanji: ...to find all blue!!
    chopper: ...to become the best doctor in the world!!
    robin: ...to find the true history!
    franky: ...to become world's greatest shipwright!!
    going merry: ..to Sail together with the strawhats Forever!
    neilson (myself):....to watch houston rockets' game live and see yao ming in person...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

ye i started watching the anime after downloading the Many Lemons - Sail on AMV if youve not seen it find it and watch it its amazing but any way then i just got sick of waiting to find out what was going to happen now ill just watch the odd anime episode when theres gonna be a fight or somthing speacil like gear2nd/3rd or monster point but its well worth watching and reading its a nice comparison in my opinon

Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend reading the manga and following the anime too, so you don't miss out on anything.

When you're up to the newest chapter and episode, it isn't hard to follow both.

EDIT:

BTW, the anime story is pretty much the same, except for filler and the Davy back fight arc. The One Piece anime is not like FMA, where the anime's plot is completely different from the manga.
    Last edited by Hawkuro; June 18, 2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Adding some facts...

I'm gonna get a Nintendo Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
    For those who can't get Photoshop: Get Gimp! (Google it)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO the reasons why you'd rather want to read the manga are:

- You just hate the colors
    - You hate the fillers (by that I also mean the extra lines and scenes in non-filler episodes)
    - You don't have time
    - You are the person who just hates anime
    - You want more violence (Like how Luffy got his scar, and how Bellamy didn't "grab" the guy's hand)
    - You watched 4Kid's dub (please no discussion of this matter here )

But since I did none of these above, I am still a loyal anime fan and have still not caught up with the manga.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

............................ Read manga first.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast