Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The God Slayers Thread

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The god slayers?

Makarov did say
    Quote Quote:
    a Dragon can not eat the flames of a God
    implying he knew gods existed
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The god slayers?

^Well, makarov did not say that, it was zancrow. Still, it is a manga fact that zancrow's flame was inedible to natsu and originally too hot for him. More so, according to makarov natsu made his body into one that could eat the flame which perhaps suggest natsu made himself into a pseudo GS to pull that of.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The God Slayers Thread

In the end the point of dragonslayer is magic taught by a dragon.
    since Zancrow learned it from a human (namely Hades) and there wasn't any report of Hades being taught by a god
    its very simple, Zancrow's magic power is a lost flame magic, just like romeo's fire magic but then the oldest and strongest form of it closest to the source of magic power. Nothing more nothing less.
    The reason natsu couldn't eat it at first caus he didn't know that kind of fire and figured out how it worked during his fight.

And thats the way the cookie crumbles!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, several chapters ago we saw orca, an user of black lightning and it was pretty much hinted that he would be fighting laxus soon enough. This was probably mentioned in the chapter discussion but odds are pretty high that orca is also a god slayer. If that is the case then odds are he would have an advantage over laxus as god slayers seem to be able to simply eat DS magic. I wonder how laxus would win that one and where exactly orca would have learned such a magic in case he is indeed such a mage. It would be interesting if saber tooth turned out to have some sort of contact with an actual god or at least someone like hades who has knowledge of a number of lost magic.

---------- Post added April 28, 2012 at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was April 09, 2012 at 02:16 PM ----------

Thinking about it, why is this thread in the archive?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have found weird about god slayers is that at no point they have taken any non human physical attributes. Dragon slayers generally have rather long fangs (for a human) at least and in some cases we have actually seen them with actual scales on their bodies. Namely, natsu when using dragon force, gajeel's iron scales, and cobra and laxus. Sting and rogue even have different eyes.

Now, if we assume the principle behind a god slayer is the same as the principle behind a DS then we have to assume that god slayers are people who mimic the constitution of a god. So, why haven't we seen them with at least one non human trait? Perhaps the so called gods are actually human like in appearance. SO basically the gods would be human like beings who have control over a particular black element.

Another possible interesting development, God slayer lachrima lol.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2