Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anagle Mole by FUKUCHI Tsubasa

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anagle Mole by FUKUCHI Tsubasa

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    We seem to read/enjoy the same manga. Or well you read a lot of stuff I translate.
    Funny, I was just about to say the same thing when I saw the two quotes from you in my notifications I guess I just like slightly off-beat stuff that still has a mainstream appeal. So wacky shonen basically(I wish Choujin Gakuen was still being scanlated or would get licensed. It looks right up my alley )

Quote Quote:
    But yeah I think that things are only gonna get better from here...though the ultimate question is what can Fukuchi do after they're rescued Chiwa and stuff? I guess it really depends how the Anaguland arc finishes, but I really don't see anywhere else the story can go.
    Yeah, it depends on whether or not the King is defeated in the process of rescuing Chiwa. There is still potential to extend the series if done correctly. Also, I highly doubt that they would allow Fukuchi to take a year hiatus if they knew he was only going to come back to finish off this one arc. I think they must have longer plans for this series.

Quote Quote:
    Seconded on the art. I sorta like how the girls aren't like super lanky and hugely stacked or anything. It does come off as moe a bit though.
    It does come off as moe, but not in the negative connotation that has been associated with the word. That's why I call it "ulti-moe" or "neo-moe".

Quote Quote:
    I like Chiwa's design and color scheme (her eyes and hair color especially).
    I actually envisioned her hair as blonde for some reason before I saw it as blue in a color page.

Quote Quote:
    I do want to see more of the Stalker and Kurumiel though...they look like they'd be really interesting.
    I miss the Stalker too. I think he is going to show up soon and do something cool. Remind me who Kurumiel is again?

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    Funny, I was just about to say the same thing when I saw the two quotes from you in my notifications I guess I just like slightly off-beat stuff that still has a mainstream appeal. So wacky shonen basically(I wish Choujin Gakuen was still being scanlated or would get licensed. It looks right up my alley )
    And even more ironically is that a scantlation group approached me about translating that series. (Does the irony ever end?) To be honest I really wanted to do it too, but that was around the time a lot of projects picked up for me. I suppose now that things have quieted down I may consider buying the series and translating it sooner or later....especially since I'll be done with grad school in December which gives me a lot of free time.

Heh. I'm not so much into mainstream, but I really love shounen as a genre. I find myself sort of transitioning over to Seinen lately but I think I'll always be a fourteen year old at heart. The law of Ueki was the first series I ever tried to translate and bought in Japanese so Fukuchi's works always have a special place in my heart. I feel like my path of translatordom might have been a lot different if I hadn't started with Ueki and then transferred to Gintama.

Yeah, it depends on whether or not the King is defeated in the process of rescuing Chiwa. There is still potential to extend the series if done correctly. Also, I highly doubt that they would allow Fukuchi to take a year hiatus if they knew he was only going to come back to finish off this one arc. I think they must have longer plans for this series.
    Well...I dunno. You see this sort of thing happened with the Ueki sequel 'The law of Ueki plus'. He took a year off and then it came back for like...two more volumes worth of material and then ended. I'm really not sure if the series got cancelled because of lack of interest on the fans part or lack of motivation on Fukuchi's part since he went on to do Takkoku (I swear I'll finish that one day too...) for two years without a problem. (Or an anime.)

It seems to me that Luchiru and Arulu want to go back to the surface with Kyousuke and Chiwa so I suppose there's that to look forward to, and as you mentioned the King is a big factor as well. Also the water that seems to restore majin (and subsequently gave Kyousuke his diving powers) seems to be a big plot point as mentioned in chapter 37. (Which should be out soon as the scantlators have just given it to me along with chapter 39 to TL.) Chapter 39 also brings back a plot point from earlier in the series when Chiwa 'fought' Luuido. The mi-guard thingys...why do majin need them? So there are lots of mysteries left in the series but then the ugly truth that Anagle seems to poll poorly in the mag and not sell that well (though a lot of people were overjoyed to see it back...) so who knows just how much Fukuchi will be able to do before being asked to wrap it up? The one saving grace is that Sunday tends to let things hang out at the bottom of the TOC longer than jump does....and Fukuchi is an established author. I just hope the series manages to at least pass Ueki Plus's five volume total. I always like to see an author do a bit better with each series unless he or she is intentionally aiming for a certain volume count. That being said, Fukuchi tends to keep his series to about 2-3 years in length, and technically if it hadn't gone on hiatus, Anagle Mole would be on it's second year now. Food for thought.

It does come off as moe, but not in the negative connotation that has been associated with the word. That's why I call it "ulti-moe" or "neo-moe".
    Ah. Yeah I get what you mean. CYou should check out some of Fukuchi's earlier stuff. It's worlds different than his current art style. I like that his character designs are unabashedly cute. Though oddly enough, Anagle seems a little more violent than his other stuff, while Takkoku had a lot more fanservice. In exchange, Anagle has many more varied designs than his other series which I really like. You don't end up getting characters confused.

I actually envisioned her hair as blonde for some reason before I saw it as blue in a color page.
    The first chapter's color page had it as blue though....and I'd say it's more of a turquoise than anything. Her hair and eyes are an unusual combination. Separately they're not all that unique but together? It's one of the reasons why Anagle Mole volume 2 is my favorite cover of the three though with Arulu slated to be on Volume 4, Chiwa might have to make room.

I miss the Stalker too. I think he is going to show up soon and do something cool. Remind me who Kurumiel is again?
    I hope Stalker-kun will show up. I thought he might during the current one-on-one battles, but since Luchiru took out two of the guys (and the two most unlikeable at that), I think maybe not. I agree that he will do something awesome when he does. would it be weird for me to say that I think he could define whether the series goes on longer or ends soon depending on what he does when he does show up?

Kurumiel is the majin who he sorta requisitioned to lead him to Kita city so he could find Chiwa. Here she is. I realize I'm spelling her name differently than I did before, but that's only cause I realized that all of the majin names have a 'ru' in them somewhere around chapter 30 or so. If she should appear again I'll spell it Kurumiel. I have a feeling she'll figure big into Stalker-kun's future too. :-P Anyway, I just got chapter 39 from my raw provider and it's looking like a really important chapter so off to work.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

And even more ironically is that a scantlation group approached me about translating that series. (Does the irony ever end?) To be honest I really wanted to do it too, but that was around the time a lot of projects picked up for me. I suppose now that things have quieted down I may consider buying the series and translating it sooner or later....especially since I'll be done with grad school in December which gives me a lot of free time.
    I actually keep bugging Vertical Inc. to license it in English every time they have a licensing survey. I think it has a chance too because it is only 10 volumes, it is slightly off beat, but still has the potential to reach the shonen action demographic that seems to be the only group that really buys manga in America, and it comes from the same magazine as Aku no Hana(which they already licensed), Shingeki no Kyojin and Doubutsu no Kuni(both of which their parent company has licensed).

Quote Quote:
    Heh. I'm not so much into mainstream, but I really love shounen as a genre. I find myself sort of transitioning over to Seinen lately but I think I'll always be a fourteen year old at heart. The law of Ueki was the first series I ever tried to translate and bought in Japanese so Fukuchi's works always have a special place in my heart. I feel like my path of translatordom might have been a lot different if I hadn't started with Ueki and then transferred to Gintama.
    By "mainstream appeal", I just mean the themes such as friendship and determination that are so prominent in shonen action manga. Those themes, mixed in with some weird art and story, and you have my attention.

Quote Quote:
    Well...I dunno. You see this sort of thing happened with the Ueki sequel 'The law of Ueki plus'. He took a year off and then it came back for like...two more volumes worth of material and then ended. I'm really not sure if the series got cancelled because of lack of interest on the fans part or lack of motivation on Fukuchi's part since he went on to do Takkoku (I swear I'll finish that one day too...) for two years without a problem. (Or an anime.)

It seems to me that Luchiru and Arulu want to go back to the surface with Kyousuke and Chiwa so I suppose there's that to look forward to, and as you mentioned the King is a big factor as well. Also the water that seems to restore majin (and subsequently gave Kyousuke his diving powers) seems to be a big plot point as mentioned in chapter 37. (Which should be out soon as the scantlators have just given it to me along with chapter 39 to TL.) Chapter 39 also brings back a plot point from earlier in the series when Chiwa 'fought' Luuido. The mi-guard thingys...why do majin need them? So there are lots of mysteries left in the series but then the ugly truth that Anagle seems to poll poorly in the mag and not sell that well (though a lot of people were overjoyed to see it back...) so who knows just how much Fukuchi will be able to do before being asked to wrap it up? The one saving grace is that Sunday tends to let things hang out at the bottom of the TOC longer than jump does....and Fukuchi is an established author. I just hope the series manages to at least pass Ueki Plus's five volume total. I always like to see an author do a bit better with each series unless he or she is intentionally aiming for a certain volume count. That being said, Fukuchi tends to keep his series to about 2-3 years in length, and technically if it hadn't gone on hiatus, Anagle Mole would be on it's second year now. Food for thought.
    Well, I guess no matter how much potential it has, it can't continue if it isn't making money. But I think it is/was worth the read whether it ends up being long or short.

Hey, do you think that Chiwa's older brother may become important. He seemed kind of enigmatic for a while there. Also, I think there will be more to this "anagle mole" thing. The explanation for that was kind of anticlimactic.

Quote Quote:
    The first chapter's color page had it as blue though....and I'd say it's more of a turquoise than anything. Her hair and eyes are an unusual combination. Separately they're not all that unique but together? It's one of the reasons why Anagle Mole volume 2 is my favorite cover of the three though with Arulu slated to be on Volume 4, Chiwa might have to make room.
    LOL I don't know how I missed that. I guess I wanted her to be blonde so bad, I erased that from my brain...

Quote Quote:
    I hope Stalker-kun will show up. I thought he might during the current one-on-one battles, but since Luchiru took out two of the guys (and the two most unlikeable at that), I think maybe not. I agree that he will do something awesome when he does. would it be weird for me to say that I think he could define whether the series goes on longer or ends soon depending on what he does when he does show up?

Stalker-kun really impressed me. He's really resourceful. Him and Kurumiel could do some damage in a fight.

Quote Quote:
    Kurumiel is the majin who he sorta requisitioned to lead him to Kita city so he could find Chiwa. Here she is. I realize I'm spelling her name differently than I did before, but that's only cause I realized that all of the majin names have a 'ru' in them somewhere around chapter 30 or so. If she should appear again I'll spell it Kurumiel. I have a feeling she'll figure big into Stalker-kun's future too. :-P Anyway, I just got chapter 39 from my raw provider and it's looking like a really important chapter so off to work.
    Oh yeah, now I remember her. She's cute. Maybe Stalker-kun will end up falling for her and forgetting about Chiwa.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually keep bugging Vertical Inc. to license it in English every time they have a licensing survey. I think it has a chance too because it is only 10 volumes, it is slightly off beat, but still has the potential to reach the shonen action demographic that seems to be the only group that really buys manga in America, and it comes from the same magazine as Aku no Hana(which they already licensed), Shingeki no Kyojin and Doubutsu no Kuni(both of which their parent company has licensed).
    It'd be nice if it had a anime too. That might really have peaked interest...a lot of the top selling manga in the US have anime companions. Plus I would have loved to watch it. Still, if no one licenses it I'll translate it...eventually.

By "mainstream appeal", I just mean the themes such as friendship and determination that are so prominent in shonen action manga. Those themes, mixed in with some weird art and story, and you have my attention.
    I know those are the pillars of shounen-dom, but I just love the amount of imagination that goes into the stories and characters. Something about how crazy and otherworldly things can become only get me more interested. I mean a genre where something like Anagle mole is pretty normal has to be pretty imaginative no?

Well, I guess no matter how much potential it has, it can't continue if it isn't making money. But I think it is/was worth the read whether it ends up being long or short.
    Agreed. Of course seeing how popular Ueki was and knowing Fukuchi's talent, I really would love for this to go on a little longer even if it is unnoticed by the public as a whole.

Hey, do you think that Chiwa's older brother may become important. He seemed kind of enigmatic for a while there. Also, I think there will be more to this "anagle mole" thing. The explanation for that was kind of anticlimactic.
    To be honest, I sorta think he looks like Stalker-kun. Now that may just be an incidental similarity, but..

To answer your question, I think he might be. In the character sketches Fukuchi had in volume one, he and a dog were pictured in a silhouette. So Fukuchi's been planning something with him since the beginning at least. Something else I thought of between this post and the last is how there's suspiciously no father in the Kusanagi family. Towako's the mom, then the three children and her dad Seijurou. I wonder if that has any significance? Not to mention how did the King get Luchiru planted in humanity so easily? Nammit, this series better not get cancelled with all of these mysteries...

LOL I don't know how I missed that. I guess I wanted her to be blonde so bad, I erased that from my brain...
    lol. I wish I could see Chiwa in blond. Though I like the current colors so much.

Stalker-kun really impressed me. He's really resourceful. Him and Kurumiel could do some damage in a fight.Oh yeah, now I remember her. She's cute. Maybe Stalker-kun will end up falling for her and forgetting about Chiwa.
    Heh. Perhaps! I mean I hope we get to see what they've been doing since he last appeared in chapter 18...though I get the idea that we won't, and he'll just show up outta no where. I really wanna see stalker-kun and Kurumiel doing some bonding.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I sorta think he looks like Stalker-kun. Now that may just be an incidental similarity, but..

To answer your question, I think he might be. In the character sketches Fukuchi had in volume one, he and a dog were pictured in a silhouette. So Fukuchi's been planning something with him since the beginning at least. Something else I thought of between this post and the last is how there's suspiciously no father in the Kusanagi family. Towako's the mom, then the three children and her dad Seijurou. I wonder if that has any significance? Not to mention how did the King get Luchiru planted in humanity so easily? Nammit, this series better not get cancelled with all of these mysteries...
    They kind of do look a like...And he always did dote on Chiwa...And Stalker-kun is different from usual stalkers. He is kind of just looking out for her and not really showing romantic feelings, right? Maybe he is Stalker-kun. Maybe his "super stalker powers" are his majinagram? Though I guess that can't be right because his little brother would have recognized him.

Yeah, it really is weird that there is no father....Especially since the mother is pregnant...Are you implying that the King might be the father of the unborn child? Or even the father of all of the children?

I was thinking..what if the children are half majin, and that's the only reason why that healing water didn't kill Kyousuke?

---------

Interesting. Having someone to talk to about this series kind of changed my perspective on it and put it in a higher light for me Now I REALLY hope it picks up in popularity so Fukuchi can flesh it out to its greatest potential.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They kind of do look a like...And he always did dote on Chiwa...And Stalker-kun is different from usual stalkers. He is kind of just looking out for her and not really showing romantic feelings, right? Maybe he is Stalker-kun. Maybe his "super stalker powers" are his majinagram? Though I guess that can't be right because his little brother would have recognized him.

Yeah, it really is weird that there is no father....Especially since the mother is pregnant...Are you implying that the King might be the father of the unborn child? Or even the father of all of the children?

I was thinking..what if the children are half majin, and that's the only reason why that healing water didn't kill Kyousuke?
    Well, I wasn't so much implying that the king is their dad as much as I'm thinking he's either human or has a connection to humans. See, it would have been one thing if Luchiru popped out of Mt. Rushmore and wandered around until he found Chiwa and Kyousuke who then proceeded to take him home out of pity, but he was essentially adopted by them as soon as he appeared, and they knew he was coming. That seems to suggest that the King Noelu has some pull on the surface, or at least knows a human who's connected with the Kusanagis. Although I said that Stalker-kun looks like their brother that's more of a crack theory. I feel like either Noelu is their bro or knows who he is.

Though that is an interesting theory....then does this mean that Chiwa might have a majinagram? Or ooh, let me one up that theory. What if majins are actually humans who were exposed to the water over long periods of time and that's what gave them super powers...and they were sent underground because they couldn't coexist with humans? mmmm...thats some good speculation.

---------
    Interesting. Having someone to talk to about this series kind of changed my perspective on it and put it in a higher light for me Now I REALLY hope it picks up in popularity so Fukuchi can flesh it out to its greatest potential.
    Heh, to be fair Discussing a series with someone who has competent things to say makes it ten times better. Though Anagle is brimming with potential so....though yeah I hope that my fears of it facing an early cancellation are unfounded. There's a lot Fukuchi could do with the plot if given a chance.
    Last edited by Bomber D Rufi; October 30, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I wasn't so much implying that the king is their dad as much as I'm thinking he's either human or has a connection to humans. See, it would have been one thing if Luchiru popped out of Mt. Rushmore and wandered around until he found Chiwa and Kyousuke who then proceeded to take him home out of pity, but he was essentially adopted by them as soon as he appeared, and they knew he was coming. That seems to suggest that the King Noelu has some pull on the surface, or at least knows a human who's connected with the Kusanagis. Although I said that Stalker-kun looks like their brother that's more of a crack theory. I feel like either Noelu is their bro or knows who he is.

Though that is an interesting theory....then does this mean that Chiwa might have a majinagram? Or ooh, let me one up that theory. What if majins are actually humans who were exposed to the water over long periods of time and that's what gave them super powers...and they were sent underground because they couldn't coexist with humans? mmmm...thats some good speculation.
    Yeah, Luchiru being put up in Chiwa's house was clearly arranged. And if it wasn't arranged between Majin and human, then it must have been arranged between Majin and Majin. So either Chiwa's older brother is a Majin, her father is a Majin, or like you said, the Majin have some human connections. If so, I think that Noelu probably knows that humans are relatively weak, but just decided not to let that be common knowledge for some reason...Maybe he doesn't want them to take over the human world? Maybe he is content in ruling over just he Majin. I dunno, I'm still tired and I'm starting to confuse myself so I'll stop now.

I think Chiwa definitely has a majinagram. At least a latent one like Kyousuke.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Luchiru being put up in Chiwa's house was clearly arranged. And if it wasn't arranged between Majin and human, then it must have been arranged between Majin and Majin. So either Chiwa's older brother is a Majin, her father is a Majin, or like you said, the Majin have some human connections. If so, I think that Noelu probably knows that humans are relatively weak, but just decided not to let that be common knowledge for some reason...Maybe he doesn't want them to take over the human world? Maybe he is content in ruling over just he Majin. I dunno, I'm still tired and I'm starting to confuse myself so I'll stop now.

I think Chiwa definitely has a majinagram. At least a latent one like Kyousuke.
    Ugh. So much I wanna say that is technically spoiler until the chapters come out, but the last three show that humans have a distinct advantage over majin. Though I dunno, Noelu thus far hasn't shown interest in ruling over humans but he apparently is the guy who has to sign off on spies going to the surface. It's why Chiwa's going through all of the testing and stuff in the first place. Though I guess you could infer that maybe another majin was like 'Hey, why can't we live on the surface again?' And maybe their curiosity is what is leading them to spy on humans? While a lot of them fear the humans because of the misunderstanding, there have been a few majin that seem to be suspicious of them, but not outright afraid. I think they've started to suspect that maybe the rumors aren't true. Like the two dudes that found Chiwa when she first appeared in Anaguland treated her like a gang boss, but didn't seem afraid of her.

But yeah I love having someone to discuss this with.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

The ladies of Fukuchi's various series say Happy Halloween.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. So much I wanna say that is technically spoiler until the chapters come out, but the last three show that humans have a distinct advantage over majin. Though I dunno, Noelu thus far hasn't shown interest in ruling over humans but he apparently is the guy who has to sign off on spies going to the surface. It's why Chiwa's going through all of the testing and stuff in the first place. Though I guess you could infer that maybe another majin was like 'Hey, why can't we live on the surface again?' And maybe their curiosity is what is leading them to spy on humans? While a lot of them fear the humans because of the misunderstanding, there have been a few majin that seem to be suspicious of them, but not outright afraid. I think they've started to suspect that maybe the rumors aren't true. Like the two dudes that found Chiwa when she first appeared in Anaguland treated her like a gang boss, but didn't seem afraid of her.

But yeah I love having someone to discuss this with.
    Interesting...maybe something to do with those ear muff thingies(lol i forget what they are called)...

Noelu may be the king, but we did see that that one General guy who runs the school had ambitions to overthrow him. So I think it is possible that there are more people like him that don't like the king and want to rule the surface too.

Noeulu seemed like a really bad dude from the short glimpse we got of him though. He killed one of his own kind for just wearing his shoes indoors...I can't imagine he would have any qualms killing a human, especially if he knew they were physically weak. But I'm stretching my speculation to the limit with the information I currently have. Can't wait for the next chapter

Yeah, same here. Too bad others aren't getting in on the fun. Maybe we should get a mod to make this one of the featured manga so more people see it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...maybe something to do with those ear muff thingies(lol i forget what they are called)...

Noelu may be the king, but we did see that that one General guy who runs the school had ambitions to overthrow him. So I think it is possible that there are more people like him that don't like the king and want to rule the surface too.

Noeulu seemed like a really bad dude from the short glimpse we got of him though. He killed one of his own kind for just wearing his shoes indoors...I can't imagine he would have any qualms killing a human, especially if he knew they were physically weak. But I'm stretching my speculation to the limit with the information I currently have. Can't wait for the next chapter

Yeah, same here. Too bad others aren't getting in on the fun. Maybe we should get a mod to make this one of the featured manga so more people see it.
    Heh, like I said a few posts ago the scantlators have already given me the next few chapters to quality check, and I already translated 39 and posted it here. I think at least 37 and 38 should be out within a few days. You're right about some of the things you're inferring, but I too don't have all of the answers.

Fukuchi updated his blog after nearly a year of not doing so and revealed he'd actually been drawing the manga since around the end of last year, but the pace he was able to go then wasn't nearly good enough to resume serialization right away so the date ended up being pushed back until October 2013. So I'd imagine he has quite a bit of it drawn. Now this could mean that the editors gave him license to draw as much as he wants since the series will go for a while, or that they figured they'd conclude it soon anyway so he could just draw the rest. I wanna be optimistic, but...eh. No point in thinking too hard about it.

I agree that we should poke someone to get this to be a featured manga. After all it was on hiatus for a year, so why not re-feature it now that it's returned? Even ANN had a report when Sunday announced it's return.

Oh. And call it a youthful transgression, but on one chapter I screwed up the translation, and it might indicate that Stalker-kun is closer than we thought...

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/113400/...manga-scans/20
    See, here the handwritten text should read 'Dude, I feel like someone bumped into me, but I don't see anyone...' I just re-read the tank version of volume three and realized I screwed up. >_< I wish I could go back and fix that somehow...but it seems to indicate that even before the hiatus Fukuchi was thinking about Stalker-kun.
    Last edited by Bomber D Rufi; October 31, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Fukuchi updated his blog after nearly a year of not doing so and revealed he'd actually been drawing the manga since around the end of last year, but the pace he was able to go then wasn't nearly good enough to resume serialization right away so the date ended up being pushed back until October 2013. So I'd imagine he has quite a bit of it drawn. Now this could mean that the editors gave him license to draw as much as he wants since the series will go for a while, or that they figured they'd conclude it soon anyway so he could just draw the rest. I wanna be optimistic, but...eh. No point in thinking too hard about it.
    I was kind of wondering about this. I noticed that the art quality didn't degrade at all and the character designs seemed to be really consistent from the before and after hiatus chapters and I thought that was odd. You would think taking a year off would make him at least a little rusty. But it seems he kept at it, even if very slowly, so that answers that question.

Quote Quote:
    I agree that we should poke someone to get this to be a featured manga. After all it was on hiatus for a year, so why not re-feature it now that it's returned? Even ANN had a report when Sunday announced it's return.
    I'll PM the mod of this section.

Quote Quote:
    Oh. And call it a youthful transgression, but on one chapter I screwed up the translation, and it might indicate that Stalker-kun is closer than we thought...

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/113400/...manga-scans/20
    See, here the handwritten text should read 'Dude, I feel like someone bumped into me, but I don't see anyone...' I just re-read the tank version of volume three and realized I screwed up. >_< I wish I could go back and fix that somehow...but it seems to indicate that even before the hiatus Fukuchi was thinking about Stalker-kun.
    Oh, that's really interesting. We could chalk it up to Stalker-kun's expert stalking skills, but wouldn't it be cool if he already attained a majinagram like Kyousuke, and it allows him to be like a chameleon or something? Kyousuke's majinagram ended up being "mole-like", so it wouldn't be weird if you awaken a majinagram that suits your personality, and Stalker-kun got something that augmented his stalking.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was kind of wondering about this. I noticed that the art quality didn't degrade at all and the character designs seemed to be really consistent from the before and after hiatus chapters and I thought that was odd. You would think taking a year off would make him at least a little rusty. But it seems he kept at it, even if very slowly, so that answers that question.
    I sorta noticed the art got a little...rougher? Like before the hiatus things seemed a little more smooth. Just a little more. Though as the reserialization continued, it's more or less falling back into it's old groove. He used to use backgrounds more often before the hiatus, but I attribute the lack of backgrounds now to the fact that Deathpetal is a dark space anyway. The hiatus started in August 2012, but from what Fukuchi's blog says, he started drawing again in December of the same year. (well it just says 'end of the year', so I assume December.) From what I can tell, when a series goes on hiatus, the author usually has to draw enough stock to sustain a serialization and then there has to be space in the magazine before it can restart. He had tweeted a few times slightly before the reserialization that he was drawing and hoping space opens in the mag soon so Anagle can return, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was ready before October, but the editors had to end a few series first before they could bring it back.

Oh, that's really interesting. We could chalk it up to Stalker-kun's expert stalking skills, but wouldn't it be cool if he already attained a majinagram like Kyousuke, and it allows him to be like a chameleon or something? Kyousuke's majinagram ended up being "mole-like", so it wouldn't be weird if you awaken a majinagram that suits your personality, and Stalker-kun got something that augmented his stalking.
    Hmm. Could be! Maybe Kurumiel lead him to the springs and he took some of the water? It'd make sense since she'd know about 'em. Anyway I can't wait till the scantlations for 37-39 are out....then we'd have a lot more to discuss. I hope the mods are also open to making this a featured manga, though I'm cool just discussing it with you honestly. :-P
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I sorta noticed the art got a little...rougher? Like before the hiatus things seemed a little more smooth. Just a little more. Though as the reserialization continued, it's more or less falling back into it's old groove. He used to use backgrounds more often before the hiatus, but I attribute the lack of backgrounds now to the fact that Deathpetal is a dark space anyway. The hiatus started in August 2012, but from what Fukuchi's blog says, he started drawing again in December of the same year. (well it just says 'end of the year', so I assume December.) From what I can tell, when a series goes on hiatus, the author usually has to draw enough stock to sustain a serialization and then there has to be space in the magazine before it can restart. He had tweeted a few times slightly before the reserialization that he was drawing and hoping space opens in the mag soon so Anagle can return, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was ready before October, but the editors had to end a few series first before they could bring it back.
    Hmm...Maybe I just didn't notice because I read it all in one go as soon as it started reserializing. Maybe I read it too fast. Also, you might have a little more invested in it since you are the translator, so you may be more aware of these things. Still, even if it got a little rougher, at least it isn't Hunter x Hunter rough, if you know what I mean(Togashi can go from brilliant to awful when it comes to his art...)

Quote Quote:
    Hmm. Could be! Maybe Kurumiel lead him to the springs and he took some of the water? It'd make sense since she'd know about 'em. Anyway I can't wait till the scantlations for 37-39 are out....then we'd have a lot more to discuss. I hope the mods are also open to making this a featured manga, though I'm cool just discussing it with you honestly. :-P
    Well, the springs were kind of out of the way and he was pretty dead set on hurrying to find Chiwa. I guess I have no reason to believe he took a detour. Perhaps there is more than one source of that water though? I'm reaching just for the fun of it lol.

I already talked to a mod and they said they would sticky this thread. Hopefully we get some new fans in here and maybe even some old fans that haven't even realized it is back in serialization.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...Maybe I just didn't notice because I read it all in one go as soon as it started reserializing. Maybe I read it too fast. Also, you might have a little more invested in it since you are the translator, so you may be more aware of these things. Still, even if it got a little rougher, at least it isn't Hunter x Hunter rough, if you know what I mean(Togashi can go from brilliant to awful when it comes to his art...)
    You're probably right. I have the scantlations online to read, the raws from the magazines to read, and the actual Japanese tankoubons as well, so I've got like three different sources of three different qualities going on here. XD I'm going to buy volume 4 (in Japanese of course) when it comes out in December so it'll be fun to compare the art to the mag scans. Seconded on Togashi though...I mean since he takes whole years off too, you'd think his art would always be top tier stuff....He essentially doesn't have a deadline to think about....though HXH's story quality remains pretty good so it's give and take I guess..

Well, the springs were kind of out of the way and he was pretty dead set on hurrying to find Chiwa. I guess I have no reason to believe he took a detour. Perhaps there is more than one source of that water though? I'm reaching just for the fun of it lol.

I already talked to a mod and they said they would sticky this thread. Hopefully we get some new fans in here and maybe even some old fans that haven't even realized it is back in serialization.
    Hahah. I dunno. I can't see a reason why Kurumiel would take him to the springs....'sides she doesn't even know he's human. He had those headphones on that counted as miguards so he could pass as a majin. I was only reaching too, so that makes two of us. I just wish the scantlatiors would hurry up with the release so we'd have more to discuss.

The thread has been stickied! Lets hope people will chime in....there were a few back when the series first started so I hope they'll come back now.

---------- Post added November 11, 2013 at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was October 31, 2013 at 10:25 AM ----------

Spoiler show

Not gonna lie, I'm stoked now. Also the series seems to be crawling up the TOC every week, and people seem generally happy with it's return. A few things were confirmed in chapter 41 and I feel like the series has a future..!! Probe on Fukuchi! Probe on Anagle!!
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!