Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anagle Mole by FUKUCHI Tsubasa

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anagle Mole by FUKUCHI Tsubasa

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    I like Metaru. She's super cute
    Spoiler show

Agreed. Noticed that she's the only majin so far without any footwear. O.o Wonder what the deal is with that?
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

New batch of chapters was pretty awesome. I was pretty impressed at the fight choreography in Lichiru and Kyousuke's fights. The mangaka is getting pretty creative.

Though...for the first time, things are feeling kind of rushed. Metaru was fodderized before even doing anything. Same with that masked guy. That was clearly rushed and kind of worrisome...

And now Psychodoll is introduced, who is probably a "mid-boss" before they take on King Noelu. Hopefully Stalker-kun takes him on in a cool fight.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New batch of chapters was pretty awesome. I was pretty impressed at the fight choreography in Lichiru and Kyousuke's fights. The mangaka is getting pretty creative.

Though...for the first time, things are feeling kind of rushed. Metaru was fodderized before even doing anything. Same with that masked guy. That was clearly rushed and kind of worrisome...

And now Psychodoll is introduced, who is probably a "mid-boss" before they take on King Noelu. Hopefully Stalker-kun takes him on in a cool fight.
    See yeah. That's what I was sort of worried about. Is Fukuchi rushing to a conclusion? Or is there more we don't know going on with them? I kind of don't think the series will end in one more volume anymore, but two more isn't really much better.

That being said, 42 (Psycho Vs Stalker) was pretty awesome. The scantlators have promised me a normal schedule for now on so lets hope it works out for them.

Fukuchi's always been creative with how he handles fights, so I'm not surprised. Still these went really well.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what King Noelu was doing? He somehow brought Luke back to life and he was sipping on some liquid. Concentrated healing spring water perhaps?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what King Noelu was doing? He somehow brought Luke back to life and he was sipping on some liquid. Concentrated healing spring water perhaps?
    It seems to me that Noelu (I figure it could be and maybe is 'Noel' but Fukuchi's weird naming sense really doesn't help.) is testing out how the water works. I sorta get the idea that his search for new clothes (a new body?) has to do with the properties of the water and what it does over long time usage. Maybe short usage heals while long time usage harms? I'm still wondering why he sent Luchiru to the surface and seemed interested in Chiwa a while back.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    It seems to me that Noelu (I figure it could be and maybe is 'Noel' but Fukuchi's weird naming sense really doesn't help.) is testing out how the water works. I sorta get the idea that his search for new clothes (a new body?) has to do with the properties of the water and what it does over long time usage. Maybe short usage heals while long time usage harms? I'm still wondering why he sent Luchiru to the surface and seemed interested in Chiwa a while back.
    Sounds plausible.

By the way, what was up with that backwards talk? That was super annoying to read. Was that written backwards in the original Japanese? Was it hard to translate?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds plausible.

By the way, what was up with that backwards talk? That was super annoying to read. Was that written backwards in the original Japanese? Was it hard to translate?
    Oh not only was it written in backwards in Japanese but it was also written in katakana. Which is mainly used for foreign words and can look like a run on sentence written in caps. KINDOFLIKETHISBUTBACKWARDS. I had to read them out loud once or twice to get what they meant, but usually I was able to pick out one word and use context to figure out the rest of the sentence. So not too bad. Fukuchi did do us a solid and write the important parts forward so that was nice. I was thinking of writing them forward and just explain they were backward in a translator note, but I felt like that would have been even MORE confusing.

It'll be interesting to see what happens from here. Space 42 solidifies stalker as probably the most awesome character in the series, and Fukuchi seems to be slowing down a little. He was talking to a fan on twitter about Anagle's future and while he didn't reveal anything pertinent (of course), he did say that he recently finished drawing more scripts. So if we are to assume he has at least a month or two planned in advance then the series should go on a little longer.

I'm interested in that foreshadowing in space 41 when Chiwa was convincing Luchiru to find out the reason why he was born....it's the first time Towako's pregnancy has become relevant. Now it could add up to nothing, but I don't think what Chiwa was saying was completely without meaning....
    Last edited by Bomber D Rufi; November 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of writing them forward and just explain they were backward in a translator note, but I felt like that would have been even MORE confusing.
    Yeah, it was annoying to read, but I guess it was kind of important to actually see that they were talking in their own secret way, rather than just pretend they were.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was annoying to read, but I guess it was kind of important to actually see that they were talking in their own secret way, rather than just pretend they were.
    Exactly. It would have been weird for me to write it forward and then in the very next panel they explain that they're backwards speaking.

I'm really wondering where things will go from here. Noelu has been suspiciously absent for a while, and the story pacing seems too fast one chapter, and just right in another. I'm still wondering what Fukuchi could...or no scratch that. I wonder what he will do once they get back to the surface?
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really wondering where things will go from here. Noelu has been suspiciously absent for a while, and the story pacing seems too fast one chapter, and just right in another. I'm still wondering what Fukuchi could...or no scratch that. I wonder what he will do once they get back to the surface?
    I was just about to mention that. Great villains usually have a fair amount of build up, and Noelu is just too mysterious so far. We don't even know what he really wants. That could all be wrapped up in a single chapter, but I think it would be better if this arc is just a prelude/introduction to him as the final villain in a series of arc/saga.

Let's say that they defeat Psychodoll and Gorudof as this arc's villains. Then they could get back to the surface and regroup. Cue new arc where Noelu makes his move. Perhaps there are even more than one of these underground Anaguland-like places.....Or...they get back to the surface and live happily ever after as a family and the manga is canceled...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just about to mention that. Great villains usually have a fair amount of build up, and Noelu is just too mysterious so far. We don't even know what he really wants. That could all be wrapped up in a single chapter, but I think it would be better if this arc is just a prelude/introduction to him as the final villain in a series of arc/saga.

Let's say that they defeat Psychodoll and Gorudof as this arc's villains. Then they could get back to the surface and regroup. Cue new arc where Noelu makes his move. Perhaps there are even more than one of these underground Anaguland-like places.....Or...they get back to the surface and live happily ever after as a family and the manga is canceled...
    Well, if we're to use Fukuchi's earlier works as an indication of how things will go...I'd say we'll probably hear from Noelu within one to two more chapters, assuming he's in Pishkarif. Luchiru and the others are on their way out of the tower, and I'd imagine once they leave it'd be hard for him to catch up with them. As for Psychodoll....well....lets just say the Stalker is awesome, and leave it like that. Fukuchi's not one to dawdle, as Ueki was really breakneck fast even though it ran for almost three years. It's why I'm not 100 percent sure how Anagle will go at the end of the day, and I repeat what I said about it sometimes being too fast and other times being just right. Like, any other mangaka would have had Luchiru on the surface for another year or so before taking us down to Anaguland. We were taken into the manga's 'second stage' only like 14 chapters in.

All of this hedges on one simple thing. Will humans and majin be able to live with one another? or will this lead to something deeper? Something interesting to note is the kanji for majin ='間人' is 'human' backwards. '人間' So I think the relationships between the two species are going to be the key to something deeper, and with Chiwa's foreshadowing speech in space 41, I feel like Luchiru will spearhead something big.

---------- Post added November 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was November 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM ----------

Side image of Anagle mole volume four out December 18th.

---------- Post added December 12, 2013 at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was November 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM ----------

Had this up for other reasons but it's sorta Anagle related. Behold my closet of wonders!!
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think volume 4 will sell more than previous volumes. I think the cover may catch peoples' eye...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think volume 4 will sell more than previous volumes. I think the cover may catch peoples' eye...
    lol. That's what people have been joking with Fukuchi about on his twitter. Though chapter 45 is....dat ending. I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Spoiler show

From that....

To this.

Spoiler show

Please Fukuchi, no repeats of Ueki +'s ending. I'm begging you.

And worse yet is no continuation for a whole week. So many people were bitching at him on twitter. I almost feel like getting one so I can talk to him too. I feel like I'd be too much in awe to say anything coherent though.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Torca's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope it's not ending.. Such a good manga, I love this easy-going tone and the strikes of seriousness from time to time. I'm waiting for next chapter, we should get the answer where it's aiming in next 2 chapters. Does it have still chances to be longer or is it end?
    Sorry for my English -.-

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torca View Post
    I really hope it's not ending.. Such a good manga, I love this easy-going tone and the strikes of seriousness from time to time. I'm waiting for next chapter, we should get the answer where it's aiming in next 2 chapters. Does it have still chances to be longer or is it end?
    First off, welcome to the Anagle Mole thread. Nice to have new meat here. :3

At least I believe it should go on for another volume. Chapter 46 should conclude volume 5. Now I doubt Fukuchi could pad a fight against the king for an entire volume, so it's either A) He has plans for the series after this fight or, B) Volume 6 will be sorta short and make up for it's shortness with a bunch of extras and stuff.

Recently on his twitter Fukuchi has said he's been busy with stuff but he didn't mention if what he's busy with is Anagle mole, a new manga, or something else entirely. The last time he mentioned working on a manuscript for Anagle was a month ago, and the series yo-yos around the TOC a lot (which effectively means nothing in Sunday especially when compared to Jump.) The series doesn't sell particularly well either, though I suppose volume 4 could help with it's cover. (I already preordered my copy. What? I like Arulu. Not like that dammit. It's all pretty up in the air. I hope it's not going to end but we may have to face facts...

Though you hit on exactly why I like Anagle Mole too. It's easy going and serious at the same time, and has really likeable characters. I hope it doesn't go anywhere anytime soon myself.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!