Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 474 Discussion

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 474 Spoiler Discussion

Just what I wanted. This is very interesting indeed. I have trouble imagining Ukitake as a real bad guy here. I think it's more complicated than that. This is all tied into the Royal Realm somehow, and Isshin - Likely previous Royal Guard, Ichigo - Because of Isshin's blood = half shinigami, Ukitake - The supporter and "leader" of the Substitute Shinigami (having given Ichigo the badge and all) and Ginjo - Being the previous Substitute Shinigami who likely got his badge from Ukitake too, are all connected in this somehow. Maybe Ukitake is the only one who knows more than the other Captains, and as such needed Ichigo on his team. As such this was all a part of his plan to make Ichigo aware of the Royal Realm and the coming plot.

I don't think Ukitake will be an antagonist, I doubt he has trolled us like Aizen did, pretending to be a good guy and then suddenly turn evil, I think Ukitake is like he has shown so far. I also find it extremely unlikely that he worked with Aizen, talk about good acting in that case. They were probably both aware of the same issue (The King, Aizen obviously wanted him/her/it dead and knew major stuff), but are approaching the issue in different ways. Hence their little talk at the end of the SS arc. Aizen's way because of his real and twisted nature, went psycho, looked for more power and worked with Hollows. Ukitake's method is likely a more stealth mission of recruitment, which likely will include all of Ichigo's friends, and later the whole SS. The reason he is approaching it like he is, is because it would be looked upon as treason at this moment if he accused the Royal Realm of whatever they are or plan on doing. But when he has enough proof and the plot has kicked in, the revelation will come, and the whole SS will go against the Royal Realm.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodan View Post
    A couple of years ago I made a post about my theory that he was the mastermind...... But no-one listened :P I posted this pic as evidence, kubo does nothing without a reason....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bleach_captains.jpg
    Yeah I remembered that somewhere. The fact that Ukitake had his back turned seemed so out of place lol

Its possible that he isn't really sick as well lol

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Omnion_1990 View Post
    In my opinion when that picture was released ukitakes identity wast revealed. its the same trick kishimoto used in naruto with akatsuki, showing pein and konan facing away. I dont think its some conspiracy theory.
    I'm sure his identity was revealed back then, he was important in the SS arc.

Btw I agree with 3c, it makes a lot of sense.

But that means that Ginjo is a good guy Poor fbers who died...
    Last edited by Darjaille; November 22, 2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: names... :XD

ex oriente lux

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Btw I agree with 3c, it makes a lot of sense.

But that means that Ginjo is a good guy Poor fbers who died...
    Thank you, but I'm not sure about Ginjo. I actually think he is a bad guy that either needs to go or needs to get smacked back to reality. Ginjo could become a new part of their cast, but Ginjo's current abilities would basically just be a weaker version of Ichigo, so nothing worth bringing along. After this color spread, I thought Ginjo had officially joined the cast, dressing up as Ichigo's inner circle (serving food), but it died with Ginjo's true nature, and I have trouble imagining him being a good guy after his sinister display. Likely he simply went rogue when he heard about the Royal Realm from Ukitake, or something like that. At this point all we know for certain is that Ginjo is a plot device to slingshot the plot into the Royal Realm storyline. This will throw us into the Isshin mini-arc which in turn will throw us into the main plot - Royal Realm (Invasion?). Ginjo needed to be part of the plot somehow to hold the necessary information to function as a plot device, but if he will be used after serving his main purpose is up to Kubo.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Before we go and Declare Ukitake evil, lets get the details. Things might be his fault, but lets not forget back in the Soul Socitey arc, you could have said that everything was Urahara's fault. At the very least Hat and Clogs could have been honest about the whole shit with Aizen and putting the Hyogoku inside Rukia. Hell may turn out that it wasn't Ukitake, but rather Aizen doing an impersination. Or that Kuugo is blaming someone else rather than admittin his own errors. Like Ukitake was his biggest supporter, and the reason Kuugo became an substitute Shingami, but when Kuugo got booted for Abusing his power, he blamed Ukitake. We'll have to wait and see.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Thank you, but I'm not sure about Ginjo. I actually think he is a bad guy that either needs to go or needs to get smacked back to reality. Ginjo could become a new part of their cast, but Ginjo's current abilities would basically just be a weaker version of Ichigo, so nothing worth bringing along. After this color spread, I thought Ginjo had officially joined the cast, dressing up as Ichigo's inner circle (serving food), but it died with Ginjo's true nature, and I have trouble imagining him being a good guy after his sinister display. Likely he simply went rogue when he heard about the Royal Realm from Ukitake, or something like that. At this point all we know for certain is that Ginjo is a plot device to slingshot the plot into the Royal Realm storyline. This will throw us into the Isshin mini-arc which in turn will throw us into the main plot - Royal Realm (Invasion?). Ginjo needed to be part of the plot somehow to hold the necessary information to function as a plot device, but if he will be used after serving his main purpose is up to Kubo.
    I though Ginjo is only executing the plan (with Uki as mastermind of the plan), but if Uki actually tries to recruit Ichigo, then yeah, what sense does stealing Ichigo's powers make?

Why is Ginjo talking about the plan then... (as Ukitake's plan)

ex oriente lux

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not believing this mastermind thing just, yet....or at least not what the real meaning of what the word implies....mastermind behind what? Killing Ichigo and stealing his powers? I don't think so...creating Fullbringers, maybe in order to fight the Quincy, or Hollows, or just not to lose their minds to their latent Hollow abilities? Yes, I can believe that.

We know that even if Ukitake is sweet he can be really tough when it's necessary, I think there's no reason why he wouldn't be case in such light...however intentionally harming Ichigo and going on a rampage? Nah....Let's not forget why the captains are here...to stop Ginjou

So in the end it all goes back to why Ukitake gave the Shinigami badge to Ichigo....it wasn't just a tool to leave the body fast, but a tool which can be used to awaken Fullbring...he probably did the same with Ginjou, and this mastermind thing is the original idea for what the Fullbringers stand or at least stood for...

So we need more details for us to decide that Ukitake is the bad guy...
    Last edited by benelori; November 22, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake!?
    Alright, I can believe it, but only if it's one of those two scenarios:

- Ukitake is a good guy, and the whole Fullbringer stuff was for "good".
    - Ukitake is a loyalist and he works for the Soul King.

I think it's the second one.
    He really seems like he would fit as one of those Soul King loyalist, don't you think?

But, eitherway, Ukitake is not bad.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL!! This is epic. I remember some people on BA predicting ages ago that Ukitake was the real mastermind behind everything! Still this is such a refreshing surprise because I don't think anybody REALLY believed those theories. Kinda makes sense though...he was the one who introduced Ichigo to the badge in the first place right?

edit: After calming down, yeah I can't see him being evil either. Not like Aizen, who is a maniac. I don't think he's a SK supporter though, cause why would he be "recruiting" people and "planning stuff". I agree with 3c - maybe he wants the same thing as Aizen but is doing it another way. If he was a SK loyalist he wouldn't be doing this, he would just accept the status quo like Urahara. If it goes down like this then its the SK loyalists + RG that will be the next antagonists.
    Last edited by Xerneas; November 22, 2011 at 09:38 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member noVaLue's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Pulling all the strings ... starting when? before Ichigo loses his powers, or for last 17 months.
    Or there is something about, Ukitake researches to stabilize his health. Or Ukitake searched something similar to the Hogyoku, where he's the master of God's powers, and not the Hogyoku being...
    Code:
    No Signature, because it's one.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

O...M...G

I can only hope its a lie. Never saw that coming. If Ukitake is the mastermind then the bigger question is involvement of Shunsui. Considering how the two are always are together. Possibility of Shunsui involvement can not be overlooked.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; November 22, 2011 at 10:20 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, not sure what to think of it yet. It sounds pretty much like a second Aizen story to. The night, innocent, rather weak looking captain being a badass villain. I would not want it again. Gonna wait with my real judgement when the chapter is our or when more information are there on that matter.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Bleach 474 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Ukitake!?
    Alright, I can believe it, but only if it's one of those two scenarios:

- Ukitake is a good guy, and the whole Fullbringer stuff was for "good".
    - Ukitake is a loyalist and he works for the Soul King.

I think it's the second one.
    He really seems like he would fit as one of those Soul King loyalist, don't you think?

But, eitherway, Ukitake is not bad.
    I totally agree with you, Captain Ukitake is not bad. Ichigo is so gullible, he cannot see that evil Ginjo is deceiving and manipulating him once again. I think Captain Ukitake was that mysterious Shinigami who inserted some of Isshin and Urahara's reiatsu into that large glowing container.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member munafn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

BANKAI!! im curious to see what his bankai will look like..will it be similar to post dangai training or maybe a combo of that and FB..Ukitate being behind it is not that surprising because
    1)like mentioned before, he was the one that gave the badge to ichigo in the first place..
    2)Ginjou also had a substitute badge
    3)the new shinigami posted in karakura (zennosuke san? the afro shinigami guy) had clearly said he has never heard of any sub. shin. badge
    4)there may have been a fourth point but im too lazy at this point lol
    ~Where there is love there is life..where there is life there is humor...where there is humor there is action and adventure..where there is action and adventure there is anime..without anime the world just keeps spinning around in an endless spiral~

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Whether Ukitake is evil or not, why did Ginjou mention him? There is got to be some history involving Ukitake's involvement.

New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast