Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

2 1.50%
  • 2 (Boring)

7 5.26%
  • 3 (Regular)

25 18.80%
  • 4 (Good)

64 48.12%
  • 5 (Epic!)

35 26.32%
New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 647 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member feanaro's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

yeah I really forgot about Pappug :P but come on he is there just for comedy at least I don't think he is going to be that important in the future ( unless he joins the strawhat's :P)

lol, he thought he was a human, and that's the reason for him being able to speak, wasn't it? XD

still, maybe joy boy was a Sea King?

on another note:
    Do Sea Kings have Haoushoku Haki, I mean by definition? they ware at least able to knock out a world noble, haki-style

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

well,sanji wasn't so bad,his attack besides defeating wadatsumi,was used to fall on the other fishmen pirates,but just above a little of them,in fact the other could still escape from noah.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribou better not trying anything on Caimie ... X(

Quote Originally Posted by feanaro View Post
    on another note:
    Do Sea Kings have Haoushoku Haki, I mean by definition? they ware at least able to knock out a world noble, haki-style
    No, that noble just pooped his pants because of their freaking size.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but,did you see rufy fell on noah? what will happen now? will VDD take consciousness again? or will it be hody jones?or will it be noah's secret,for example joy boy's spirit?

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Everyone wants to the NW already but before that i want to know more about what everyone did in this 2y and the thing that's been bugging me for a long time is how did Zoro get that scar and why his bounty increased , what made it increase .....also what is Franky's new bounty 'cause he obviously had an increase in bounty as well for blowing up Vegapunk's laboratory
    In the One Piece anime, Franky told the crew during the travel towards Fishman Island about his meeting with Kuma before the Sunny, and in the flashback PX-0 recognized Franky with his robot memory and we saw Franky's bounty hadn't changed. It can't be taken as canon but still Oda would have probably prevented animators if it weren't true.

Coming back on other discussions, I think that Luffy heard the Sea Kings telling him to "stop it"and not Shirahoshi or something else. Simply because Luffy didn't know who it was "speaking" and because just after that the Sea Kings made their stunning appearance. It makes sense to me since they explained that if Luffy had not been stopped, he would have completely destroyed Noah : they implied it would have been useless because they were coming and lending him their strenght. Shirahoshi also asked him but through words and she clearly said it was because she had noticed the Ark had already stopped moving. By the way nobody else wanted Luffy to stop destroying Noah since they wanted him to save the island and didn't know about the Sea Kings.

I don't think we will learn in this arc who Joy Boy truly is. Robin has read the whole poneglyph and she still wondered who was this "Joy Boy". So it means she doesn't know. The Royal family/Neptune does not seem to know many things about "that man" either ; they don't even know the true purpose of Noah. Also since he has something to do with the Blank Century it's not time for us to learn who he is yet. Anyway, we will probably learn more about Joy Boy's plan about the Noah and the Royal family's oath to protect Noah until the good time.

I like to think he was Joy Boy, the Royal heir of the Ancient Kingdom and that he was behind the whole poneglyph project. His Joy epiteth probably means he was the boy of hope supposed by the Ancient Kingdom to achieve great things. It's like the French first name Dieudonné which means "given by God" and that was given to Louis XIV because there finally was a male heir to the Kingdom of France.

I think that after the yet-to-known World Government defeated the Ancient Kingdom and killed its King the young heir was powerless and unable to face the world and had to flee. Yet, he made sure the world would know later about their story and the Ancient Kingdom's goal, which has probably something to do with the big changes Whitebeard talked about and that Roger prepared with his One Piece. It makes sense since the Roger Pirates learnt about the true history. There is no such thing as coincidence in the One Piece manga. These great things are probably what the "Joy Boy" was supposed to do as the new King and that the new Pirate King is supposed to do once he discovered the One Piece the first Pirate King created. Well, this is a new long-term theory given birth to.

I'm also very curious about how Oda has planned to settle things in this arc. This is the first time he let a serious enemy being not defeated yet - but who has to be - after the main plot of the Ark has been solved. I'm talking about logia Caribou after the saving of Fishman Island. I'm looking forward to how he will deal with it. I hope he will let Robin and Nami take care of him since they didn't have a proper enemy to face. They're also the only ones among Luffy's nakamas who didn't have a double-page amazing new attack. May Caribou be the opportunity to show that. It would also be great that the two girls of the Straw Hats take care of the "mermaid kidnapper".

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm i missed the part when they showed Franky's bounty i guess , anyway it would have been better if the raise in bounty happened 'cause there were some speculations that the invader of Vegapunk's laboratory was the cyborg Franky of the SH's and when his bounty was covered up at the beginning of this arc i was sure it increased ...oh well

About Neptune not knowing the true purpose of Noah , i think in the following chapters after the situation clears up a bit we will know for sure if he knows something or not ....IMO i think he knows many things about Noah and about Joy Boy as well since he apologized for not being able to keep the promise he made with this Joy Boy when Neptune saw that the only way to save the fishmen's lives was to destroy the ship
    And if him , the King doesn't know about the secrets of FI then who might know

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Everyone wants to the NW already but before that i want to know more about what everyone did in this 2y and the thing that's been bugging me for a long time is how did Zoro get that scar and why his bounty increased , what made it increase .....also what is Franky's new bounty 'cause he obviously had an increase in bounty as well for blowing up Vegapunk's laboratory
    His bounty didn't increased. It was a mistake by Oda. This arc he made lots of mistakes actually. First with Zoro's eye, then with Chopper eating the Rumble Ball when he didn't need it, then more stuff on fishman island.

I don't want to comment on how this arc is, too troublesome

but as far as I see the last chapter gave us some new huge development that I haven't thought of yet:

inteligent and talking seakings!
    -.- now come on, Oda, I thought they were beast, they, well one of them got Shank's arm, probably one of the strongest characters in the OP World right now
    they were monsters for more than 600 chapters
    and now they are praising luffy?

seriously I haven't expected that
    But okay, let's face the new possibilities
    they know about Noah? even go as far as to save the ship (they said that Luffy would have done it, they actually didn't need to show up!)
    are they an inteligent race?
    maybe even connected to the void century? (Now I am imagining an Atlantis-society living in peace with the sea, riding their Seakings :P )
    or are they themeselves the citizen of the extinct country? (okay that's really a bit too much, but is it?)

any thoughts on that?
    do you think that Seakings will play an even bigger^^ role in the future?
    If the mermaid princess can communicate with them, how come they have to be dumb?

It's just that they don't like people getting into their territory and that's why they attack. Like every other beast.

And it wasn't a sea king that ate Shank's arm, it was a sea beast if I recall correctly.

Edit, it was indeed a sea king, Lord of the Coast, that ate his arm. Though it was one of the smaller species. And he only ate it cause Shanks didn't have time to stop him from eating Luffy. After that he was clearly scared to death by Shanks.

And yes, I believe they'll play a large role in the future, near the end of the show. When Shirahoshi and Fishman island come into the battle and the sea kings are pulling Noah xD

It'll be awesome.

Maybe Luffy will be able to somehow speak to one, one of these days. Though I don't want that to happen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

The ridiculously cute four-armed fishman girl is too cute & I'm glad she was saved, yeah the other 50k people too. Fishmen are so cute as kids its like how with babies = they're cute so you don't think to eat them. Luffys fists looked so cool just flying around him wreckin shop like giant hulk hands reminded me of gomu gomu no golden peony that was some G shit too (brainwave: Luffy in gear-3rd....with a giant foam finger wish someone could draw that for me).

Just wanted to dab a comment cos I'm not sure how I feel about the chapter yet I wouldve taken more seaking talking(I thought there'd be at least ONE goofy one)& less "Straw Hat save us".

FuS

Ps there's a fishman on page 6 bottom left panel, looks like he jacked Trafalgar law for his hat
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

-.- now come on, Oda, I thought they were beast, they, well one of them got Shank's arm, probably one of the strongest characters in the OP World right now
    Never thought of it that way: That they arent the same?

Think of it like there are two kind of SeaKings out there.

The very true Sea Kings (that are the ones talking and ruling over the Sea floor)
    And the gruesome Monsters wich are Seakings only by name.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to comment on how this arc is, too troublesome

but as far as I see the last chapter gave us some new huge development that I haven't thought of yet:

seriously I haven't expected that
    But okay, let's face the new possibilities
    they know about Noah? even go as far as to save the ship (they said that Luffy would have done it, they actually didn't need to show up!)
    are they an inteligent race?
    maybe even connected to the void century? (Now I am imagining an Atlantis-society living in peace with the sea, riding their Seakings :P )
    or are they themeselves the citizen of the extinct country? (okay that's really a bit too much, but is it?)

any thoughts on that?
    do you think that Seakings will play an even bigger^^ role in the future?

If luffy can harness this power with princes shirahoshi then they can even probably overthrow any ship even as big as noah

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    Never thought of it that way: That they arent the same?

Think of it like there are two kind of SeaKings out there.

The very true Sea Kings (that are the ones talking and ruling over the Sea floor)
    And the gruesome Monsters wich are Seakings only by name.
    Either that or they were trained or because they have lived so long they learned a trick or two

Animals do know something or what they see, as chopper is going talking to animals to get information
    CLEANED

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What bothers me more is that those SeaKings know about Noah... and Noah is related to the Lost History... so i guess there is a (maybe huge) connection between these (real) SeaKings and the Lost History...
    Boy i am always so exited if there is only a little hint to the lost history.
    Oda what did you with my soul?

Next Stop is Elban! Land of the giants!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly did not thought on that! How that subtle detail escaped to me!? It's in fact remarkable they know about it. Seems that there is even a bigger role from them that just be the power of the legendary princess.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

-.- now come on, Oda
    I don't know but Oda was always hinting that all creatures are able to speak. Camy talking with small fishes so they form an arrow to lead the way... Chopper talking with those south birds in Skypiea... And Pappagu learning human language over night.

Oda even put something like "hearing the voice of all things" into his story...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    What bothers me more is that those SeaKings know about Noah... and Noah is related to the Lost History... so i guess there is a (maybe huge) connection between these (real) SeaKings and the Lost History...
    Boy i am always so exited if there is only a little hint to the lost history.
    Oda what did you with my soul?

Next Stop is Elban! Land of the giants!
    Very good point that the Sea Kings know about Noah, and even more that Luffy could have destroyed the ship. THey do seem to not only have an impressive amount of intelligence and foresight, but even more. It really seems like they might even have deeper knowledge of FI, and it kind of seems like they might have some kind of precognition or something.

I've even been thinking that perhaps the name Sea King, or "Kai O Rui" in Japanese is a literal name. What I mean is perhaps they are the most advanced creatures in the ocean, and rule over the other Species. It would make sense then that would have been observing seas, maintaining a peaceful dominion. It's possible they remain as the stewards of the Sea, and somehow connected to the age prior to the WG... Maybe......

I do think it's also important to note, they do seem to have some connection with Shirahoshi, and maybe Luffy..
    It's quite curious, I had expected they must have some level of intelligence but not to the level of knowledge and foresight in the chapter.
    It's still under debate if indeed the Sea Kings spoke to Luffy, but someone contacted Luffy's mind.
    SO it seems like the Sea Kings will have some role to play in the repair, and perhaps the exodus of the Fishman to come.

It's exciting to think of what Fishman would be able to do with the Sea Kings as friends and allies.... Then the Tenryuubito would listen....!!!

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    Very good point that the Sea Kings know about Noah, and even more that Luffy could have destroyed the ship. THey do seem to not only have an impressive amount of intelligence and foresight, but even more. It really seems like they might even have deeper knowledge of FI, and it kind of seems like they might have some kind of precognition or something.

I've even been thinking that perhaps the name Sea King, or "Kai O Rui" in Japanese is a literal name. What I mean is perhaps they are the most advanced creatures in the ocean, and rule over the other Species. It would make sense then that would have been observing seas, maintaining a peaceful dominion. It's possible they remain as the stewards of the Sea, and somehow connected to the age prior to the WG... Maybe......

I do think it's also important to note, they do seem to have some connection with Shirahoshi, and maybe Luffy..
    It's quite curious, I had expected they must have some level of intelligence but not to the level of knowledge and foresight in the chapter.
    It's still under debate if indeed the Sea Kings spoke to Luffy, but someone contacted Luffy's mind.
    SO it seems like the Sea Kings will have some role to play in the repair, and perhaps the exodus of the Fishman to come.

It's exciting to think of what Fishman would be able to do with the Sea Kings as friends and allies.... Then the Tenryuubito would listen....!!!
    I think most of us even in OP just brand large sea monsters as seakings but they aren't, those are the real sea kings, damn freaking huge, the kraken doesn't even compare, its as large as an island lols, trully the kings of the sea
    CLEANED

New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast