Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

2 1.50%
  • 2 (Boring)

7 5.26%
  • 3 (Regular)

25 18.80%
  • 4 (Good)

64 48.12%
  • 5 (Epic!)

35 26.32%
New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 647 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    but it's a reality. they are both members of the crew of the 7,then they are at shichibukai level. moria is the only one who didn't deserve to stay in the crew anymore,since he had become too weak. and I didn't bash: I said "I think"! anyway I've always considered jinbe in2 different ways,that is the one where he hasn't got water to fight,and the one where he has got water.since one piece's world is almost covered by water,we should consider jinbe in the second way(he might spit on his hand and then fight with that )
    So you say Buggy is also of their level? Mihawk was probably chosen because of his strengthe and relations with people like Shanks, Jinbei was choosen too improve the relations between fishman and humans (not saying he's weak or anything)
    So no you can't tell their power becuz of their shibukai status.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member NoLimit89's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

And not to mention how Crocodile got defeated by Luffy before haki or even gears.

My OP Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    About crew' strength... I don't get how people can say that Jimbei is weaker than Zoro or even Sanji. It's not only because he was Shichibukai... he actually managed to tie with Ace ahd he was Logia and no way Zoro or Sanji can tie against Ace. I would say that Luffy and Jimbei are on the same level or maybe Luffy is slightly stronger, but only because of his Elephant Gun and Elephant Gatling Gun. But Jimbei has all the water around and also has greater mobility in water, so if they fight in water or near water I will give it to Jimbei. On land it will be Luffy's victiory.
    Your comparisons arent exact 100%, you say Ace will win in a one on one with Zorro as if Zorro won't stand a mere chance against him, he was trained by Mihawk himself and do you think Mihawk will lose against a Logia user just like that (I don't believe so), Mihawk knows exactly where zorro is heading and will have certainly taught him how defend himself against a Lugia user.
    That's one, now Luffy and Jimbei ... Even in water Luffy was so superior than Hody I know he was helped by shirahochi and the prince but still, in a fight in Which Luffy can fight on Land and Jimbei in water (Remember Luffy vs Arlong) Luffy would have a chance, and nothing like a guaranteed Jimbei's victory.

Sorry mods, I know this isn't the right place to discuss this issue.
    Last edited by Black Lagoon; November 29, 2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: I forgot a word

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like him, but seeing as his story hasn't been delved into & how he's been fodderized like the rest, I think Hyouzou is gonna be used as the model for what the drugs do to a body.

He's older than the other NFP commanders and was the only one, besides Hodi, who took enough to get the super-powered effect. I think Choppers gonna notice him aching more than usual, attend to him & comment about the damage.

FuS

Btw pg 6 bottom left corner there's a fishman who jacked Trafalgar Laws hat
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Lagoon
    Sorry, but until Zoro actually shows that he can hit a Logia user I don't buy that he can fight against them. Also, how come Zoro can defend from a wall of fire? The only thing we know for sure is that Zoro was trained to make his swordsmanship better. We don't know if he has Haki. Also even if Zoro or Sanji know about Haki it doesn't make them Haki users.
    Of course Hodi was way weaker than Luffy. His only benefit was pills that granted him that toughness, but still he had that insane toughness and I'm 100 percent sure that neither Zoro, nor Sanji will survive Luffy's Red Hawk, while Hodi actually managed to get to the fight again, take new pills and if not for Luffy's insane Elephant Gun we might have seen some more minutes of a fight.
    Also, I really don't think that Jimbei being in water will lose to Luffy as he is now in the land. Jimbei is the strongest fishman karate user and he can throw plenty of see water at Luffy and we know that sea water is DF's weakness, also remember that move when fishman karate user uses water in human's body to attack. you just can't dodge this attack, because it affects water in your body.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

About crew' strength... I don't get how people can say that Jimbei is weaker than Zoro or even Sanji. It's not only because he was Shichibukai... he actually managed to tie with Ace ahd he was Logia and no way Zoro or Sanji can tie against Ace. I would say that Luffy and Jimbei are on the same level or maybe Luffy is slightly stronger, but only because of his Elephant Gun and Elephant Gatling Gun. But Jimbei has all the water around and also has greater mobility in water, so if they fight in water or near water I will give it to Jimbei. On land it will be Luffy's victiory.
    Jimbey can fight Logia only because his techniques can hit Logia and he already explained it few chapters ago and not because he mastered COC so he is effective against normal people and Logia people and the fight between him and Ace was 2 or 3 years before Luffy start his adventure so Ace should have improved a lot however Jimbey is already old and i dont think he is improving anymore, therefore Zoro and Sanji are stronger than him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving the "who's stronger" stuff aside... sorry, if I'm interrupting something.

You know what bugs me about this chapter? Zoro, Usopp, and Nami looking sorrowfully (sort of) up into the sky ... I know they are his oldest nakama but it still feels a bit weird that Oda focussed on them as he showed them in the group and then again as closeups.

BTW, next "Deck of the Worlds" should be (W|V)iper and the Shandian warriors?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Maledicente's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Lagoon
    Sorry, but until Zoro actually shows that he can hit a Logia user I don't buy that he can fight against them. Also, how come Zoro can defend from a wall of fire? The only thing we know for sure is that Zoro was trained to make his swordsmanship better. We don't know if he has Haki. Also even if Zoro or Sanji know about Haki it doesn't make them Haki users.
    A cyclone of blades would do the job just fine for me. Also, walls of fire are way overrated, even my old notebook with windows xp has got it.

Join the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. May we live long and die out. Thank you for not breeding.
    Come to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
    Entende o que eu digo? Então vem pro tópico em português!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OdaForPresident's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really want to read this entire thread to check, so forgive me if people already mentioned this, but aren't the sea kings in this chapter the same as the ones they encountered in the calm belt?

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2208-...apter-101.html

Exactly the same as the ones in this chapter.
    Last edited by OdaForPresident; November 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM.
    I figured out Crocodile's big secret...... His real name is Croco D. Ile ...

Other recommended manga
    Spoiler show

New should read manga: Historie
    Currently a fan of Korean web-comics. Try them out! Especially Tower of God!!!

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

amizou
    It doesn't matter how, but he can defend from fire and at the same time can hit normal human and Logia user or any DF user, so how come he isn't better in that department than Zoro or Sanji? So no. Zoro and Sanji won't be stronger than him until it will be proven otherwise. I would even doubt that Luffy is stronger than Jimbei. I actually believe that he is stronger, but not that much. And in water Jimbei can make at least a tie with Luffy.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoLimit89 View Post
    And not to mention how Crocodile got defeated by Luffy before haki or even gears.
    corocodile won 2 times before losing,and rufy had got a lot of water to fight him,and blood. Anyway don't treat crocodile as weak,he stopped mihawk and doflamingo,I don't think he is much weaker than them.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    Your comparisons arent exact 100%, you say Ace will win in a one on one with Zorro as if Zorro won't stand a mere chance against him, he was trained by Mihawk himself and do you think Mihawk will lose against a Logia user just like that (I don't believe so), Mihawk knows exactly where zorro is heading and will have certainly taught him how defend himself against a Lugia user.
    That's one, now Luffy and Jimbei ... Even in water Luffy was so superior than Hody I know he was helped by shirahochi and the prince but still, in a fight in Which Luffy can fight on Land and Jimbei in water (Remember Luffy vs Arlong) Luffy would have a chance, and nothing like a guaranteed Jimbei's victory.
    zoro would be owned by ace,unless he knows how to use armor-haki. but I doubt he could use it in 2 years. and don't think ace is weak and mihawk would own him,remember ace had a draw with jimbe 3 years before,was chosen as a shichibukai,was pretty equal to teach,and was stronger than rufy. I'm sure mihawk can use haki as well,but why did he not use it against crocodile when they "fought" during the war?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Uriel, but here's my contribution to this mess :

1- What's the point of knowing about Haki, and not learning it ? Can somehow explain this ? Luffy wasn't aware of it, Rayleigh told him and teached, if Zoro and Sanji knows about it, there's a huge chance that they may use it.

2- Ace pretty equal to Teach ? Sorry, Ace didn't show ANYTHING that could make BB lose the edge, that clash between the two was utterly dominated by BB, the first attack Ace launched, BB was explaining his power, and didn't do much to him, the second attack BB didn't see it coming, and yet it really didn't do anything to him. While a punch from BB nearly broke Ace's neck.

3- Jimbei having a draw is for two reasons : He can touch Ace, but can't nullify his powers. So in others words Jimbei was able to hit Ace, but not nullify his powers totally like BB did.

4- Crocodile vs Mihawk : Crocodile attacked Mihawk after he pwned Mr.1, and then change of panels, did we even saw them fight seriously ? No. So do we now if Mihawk used Haki against him ? No, but someone of Mihawk's caliber can use it (if Sentoumaro, and the chicks from Amazon Island can, why not Mihawk who is the best swordsman in the world)

5- If Luffy learned the basics of Haki in 2 years, why not Zoro and Sanji ? On the contrary, Oda has implied that Zoro and Sanji have a good chance to use Haki.

15. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nanallday's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

Hey guys, I hope you don't hate me for this, but I just started using this forum on the regular and I wanted to share my thoughts on the rest of this arc. If some of it has been said already, my fault - I have a lot of catch-up reading to do In any case, it's all here on this blog I started literally yesterday that I will be continuously updating not really for any views but just for fun :P --> onetheory: onepeace

Spoiler show
    Please visit my One Piece Theory website! onepeacetheory.com!
    Just got started recently. Hope you like it!!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys: Uriel opened the Bleackbeard thread for a certain reason, just as there is the Davy Back Fight Forum for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by NoLimit89 View Post
    And still Crocodile is in the lower top-tier/higher middle-tier of the OP world. Oda has shown us that his ambition has won over him, he's back in the New World again. Let's hope he get's some time on the Cover Story/plot in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    Btw pg 6 bottom left corner there's a fishman who jacked Trafalgar Laws hat
    He may have traded it for the new style of the hat. The Fisherman Islands theme had a lot of those pattern with Hawaiian shirts & etc, but it really looks like a easter egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    You know what bugs me about this chapter? Zoro, Usopp, and Nami looking sorrowfully (sort of) up into the sky.?
    Could that be a sign of CoO? Luffy has their complete confidence, Zoro just stares in the sky with his bandana darkening his eyes, Ussop was agitated cheering for Luffy. But well I would look sorrowful too, if there was a ship half the size of the isle sinking just a couple humdred meters away from me, endangering me and my friends. She may just worry about Luffy to return to the though of CoO.^^
    Quote Originally Posted by OdaForPresident View Post
    I didn't really want to read this entire thread to check, so forgive me if people already mentioned this, but aren't the sea kings in this chapter the same as the ones they encountered in the calm belt?
    Yes and yes.
    So no. Zoro and Sanji won't be stronger than him until it will be proven otherwise.
    More like, Zoro and Sanji could be stronger, weaker or equal, but we just can't tell yet.
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 29, 2011 at 03:38 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    BTW, next "Deck of the Worlds" should be (W|V)iper and the Shandian warriors?
    Yay! A sequel of this one:

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast