Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

2 1.50%
  • 2 (Boring)

7 5.26%
  • 3 (Regular)

25 18.80%
  • 4 (Good)

64 48.12%
  • 5 (Epic!)

35 26.32%
New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 647 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece One Piece 647 Discussion

Chapter out! This time was FAST.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Last edited by Uriel; November 23, 2011 at 12:19 AM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lawlord's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 647 Spoiler Discussion

Wow didn't expect some joyboy, nor for Luffy to emulate Roger's ability!! This is awesome. I am actually very excited. Good development from the chapter, be interesting to see how much Luffy damaged Noah/sea kings helping. I wonder how Noah stopped, was it by seakings or itself?

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy got tired? And his wound from Akainu opens? Interesting set of events, though the overall chapter with celebrations and closing the arc, sort of, was expected. I really want to know the Joyboy story which is one of the more interesting ones apart from all of this Hody business. I wonder if next chapter Neptune will have a flashback or something, a short one with Joyboy?

The sea kings is an interesting take as well, but I never quite saw Shirahoshi that excited in these last chapters for her to summon them? Noah stopped with the help of the sea kings, yeah.^^
    Last edited by Josef K.; November 22, 2011 at 08:09 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omnion_1990's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Luffy got tired? And his wound form Akainu opens? Interesting set of events, though the overall chapter with celebrations and closing the arc, sort of, was expected. I really want to know the Joyboy story which is one of the more interesting ones apart from all of this Hody business. I wonder if next chapter Neptune will have a flashback or something, a short one with Joyboy?

The sea kings is an interesting take as well, but I never quite saw Shirahoshi that excited in these last chapters for her to summon them? Noah stopped with the help of the sea kings, yeah.^^
    the wound wasnt from akainu. it had 2 years to heal.... its talking about the wound hody gave him.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes indeed. Interesting enough Hody did manage to hurt Luffy in a way. I guess it is not because Luffy was weak or anything, the water was a handicap for Luffy, I wonder what will the impact of the whole thing would be?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

For me this spoiler is fake... I hope it is. Its nothing new.
    Luffy said that he is milion times tougher than Hodi think he is was said just to let Luffy faint after two chapters? Dont think so.
    Few chapters ago it was said that SH will protect everyone and that was point of 2 years long training.
    Fake for now. I will belive when I see some pictures.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Luffy said that he is milion times tougher than Hodi think he is was said just to let Luffy faint after two chapters? Dont think so.
    Few chapters ago it was said that SH will protect everyone and that was point of 2 years long training.
    Fake for now. I will belive when I see some pictures.
    Couldn't agree more. Also I have to add: after all that hype about Shira and SeaKings, Oda wouldn't call them in the middle of the chapter, in fact I can't see no decent author doing that. Such things are used as a cliffhanger. The spoiler reeks fake. But they are apparently confirmed and from AP. I honestly confused.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes indeed. Interesting enough Hody did manage to hurt Luffy in a way. I guess it is not because Luffy was weak or anything, the water was a handicap for Luffy, I wonder what will the impact of the whole thing would be?
    Well the wound was deep and a bite from a shark, Luffy would usually shake it off but he's been in gear third stretching the wound constantly for several minutes, he likely tore the wound open even more.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad we got early spoilers ...and it has been confirmed so this is it

BlackHair

I personally like that Luffy got help from Shirahoshi and the sea kings , i don't see why it's strange for the sea kings to show up suddenly , your comment is way off and i think this is a nice choice that Oda made , it's more spectacular than any other thing Luffy could have come up with

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all nice, but what about the premonition?
    Wasn't Luffy supposed to destroy the Fishman Island?

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Luffy's will reached even the sea kings and they were impressed by it , maybe this truly means he's in the process of developing Roger's ability "voice of all things "
    A very interesting chapter , i honestly can't wait to see it

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally coming to a close, it's about time. I will wait to make sure that it was Luffy's will that called the sea kings or weakhoshi who did when the issue comes out. So it was joy boy who brought the ark huh, I really wanna know who that guy was, I hope Robin gets all the answers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    BlackHair

I personally like that Luffy got help from Shirahoshi and the sea kings , i don't see why it's strange for the sea kings to show up suddenly , your comment is way off and i think this is a nice choice that Oda made , it's more spectacular than any other thing Luffy could have come up with
    U missed my point. Its not about calling the sea kings suddenly, but calling them in the middle of the chapter. My point was, that they should have been called as the cliffhanger (end of the chapter).

But nvm anyway, the third spoiler post made it more clear. I thought the Sea Kings appeared somewhere between the beginning and the middle of the chapters. The new post however corrected my earlier assumption. Though not as the cliffhanger, they did appear near the end of the chapter. Its better this way, since it means we are moving on a much better pace, unlike in past arcs with phonoglyph involved. .

Joyboy, I hope we get more information on him. But considering how Oda handled the past phonoglyphs, I don't expect anything big in this arc. But I hope Im wrong, after all we have Neptune, who seems to know more.
    Last edited by BlackHair; November 22, 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw "translation". Fake as shit. I would write better Oda-like fake ass spoiler.
    Or mayby Im just extremly disappointed by the content of the chapter. It doesnt sound or feel like Oda work for me if it is.. Im glad that Fishman Island arc is coming to an end.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

No it’s from T, which is the guy who always gives spoilers. Unless he is trolling or his account was hacked it is true.

Luffy said that he is million times tougher than Hodi think he is was said just to let Luffy faint after two chapters? Dont think so.
    No he never said it. Like so often the translation was false. What Luffy really said is that Hodis ability to take hits equals someone who has a 100 Million Bounty

Lead protagonist talking big in a shounen? That’s something completely new. What someone says and what he can do are two completely different things. In fact Luffy destroying something as big as Noah would take the tension of any future fight. And Luffy would have died at least twice in this fight if he were the pre timeskip Luffy.

I believe the point might be that he loses a lot of blood and needs a blood transfusion. I thought it would be the other way around and that Luffy would give a Fishman blood to lower the tension and for a band between the two races but I might be wrong

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast