Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

2 1.50%
  • 2 (Boring)

7 5.26%
  • 3 (Regular)

25 18.80%
  • 4 (Good)

64 48.12%
  • 5 (Epic!)

35 26.32%
New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 647 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

Seems like in the end oda also rushed to the ending with luffy suddenly losing consciousness... I guess another 2 chapters for all the explanations and wrapping up of things + 1 chapter for the celebration and good bye..

This arc will definitely not gonna make into my favorites.... It is just for the simple reason that Oda has exceptionally raised the quality of the arcs before FI and then back to the level of Skypiea arc... I guess its time to be patient once again ....

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading the chapter, the one who said stop me is Shirahoshi and not the sea kings. I'm not sure about this voice of all things at all. Also isn't it a bit weird that we don't see Hodi corpse ?

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    After reading the chapter, the one who said stop me is Shirahoshi and not the sea kings. I'm not sure about this voice of all things at all. Also isn't it a bit weird that we don't see Hodi corpse ?
    But then why wasn't it in a regular speech bubble? I think Roger and Luffy's similarities have been made pretty apparent recently like how roger recruited Rayleigh and how similar it is to how luffy recruited zoro
    Last edited by Naruffy; November 23, 2011 at 03:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the subject of discussion here: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/39808484/10
    WHile it is a bit curious that the speech is not in a typical speech bubble, it isn't really typical speech is it..?
    Shirahoshi is at her most desperate and empathetic, so it could just be she was in the moment.. dunno.
    However in the following dialogue Luffy addresses Yowahoshi showing that the voice was hers..

Then later on when Shirahoshi is talking to the Sea Kings there are radial waves both from Shirahoshi and the Sea Kings. So I also doubt Luffy has some learned to communicate any further than before. But the Sea Kings do note Luffy would have destroyed the ship in time, and that for me is satisfaction.
    IMO this chapters ending was the closure of the arc, the rest is detail work..

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    This is the subject of discussion here: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/39808484/10
    WHile it is a bit curious that the speech is not in a typical speech bubble, it isn't really typical speech is it..?
    Shirahoshi is at her most desperate and empathetic, so it could just be she was in the moment.. dunno.
    However in the following dialogue Luffy addresses Yowahoshi showing that the voice was hers..

Then later on when Shirahoshi is talking to the Sea Kings there are radial waves both from Shirahoshi and the Sea Kings. So I also doubt Luffy has some learned to communicate any further than before. But the Sea Kings do note Luffy would have destroyed the ship in time, and that for me is satisfaction.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of it being a hint towards Luffy's similarities to Roger and Luffy starting to be able to "hear the voice off all things" and leaving his mark/an impression on any where he went (like how roger's name was in poneglyph on sky island). It could be Shirahoshi somehow communicating telepathically with Luffy, but I think them having that sort of connecting would be unnecessary and unexplainable, compared to him being able to telepathically communicate with a creature he can't verbally talk to.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Interestig chapter, good to see the end of the arc. A few things to comment on.

The strawhat's victory was obvious from the start. I don't think any of them should have a bounty below 100, even ussop or nami. I am midly disappointed that hyozu's poison was never a factor here though. I wonder if sanji's control of fire is related to the boa sisters ability to control fire though.

Luffy has quite some power. He actually could have destroyed noah on his own given a little more time. Noah is roughly 80 km long which means his attacks can reach miles at a time which makes sense considering the speed he moves at and his arms being 100 meters lol. I remember some time ago it was said the BB destroyed a nation in a day and any of the level 6 prisoners could accomplish that overnight. It is good to see the strawhats now also posses more power than an entire nation, it shows they really currently are among the strongest crews in the world. Still, if luffy is still an equal to jinbe he still has to grow quite a bit before he matches the likes of WB or shanks or mihawk.

One of the more remarkable features of the chapter is just how smart the sea kings appeared to be. Normally they would appear to be stupid angry creatures bent on destruction and eating however they were portrayed to be significantly different than that. More so, the sea kings are far larger than what we could have thought. The sea kings are easily the size of fishman island and a whim of shirahoshi's could now destroy the place. No wonder it was called by her mom an ability capable of sinking everything into the ocean. Even the strongest person around would have trouble navigating an ocean when there is a risk of a 100 mile long creature attacking.

hopefully within the next few chapters we get to see the fishman karate dojo. I do hope oda skips a few parts and we see them going straight to what we have left to see from fishman island. I would not mind an explanation on who joy boy was though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    I'm thinking more along the lines of it being a hint towards Luffy's similarities to Roger and Luffy starting to be able to "hear the voice off all things" and leaving his mark/an impression on any where he went (like how roger's name was in poneglyph on sky island). It could be Shirahoshi somehow communicating telepathically with Luffy, but I think them having that sort of connecting would be unnecessary and unexplainable, compared to him being able to telepathically communicate with a creature he can't verbally talk to.
    Well I do entirely agree that Luffy is slowly growing in his similarities to Roger, and that the connection Luffy has with Shirahoshi is profound.
    However exactly what Rayleigh meant by the whole "Voice of all things" statement is still murky at best.. and it was in regards to Roger and the Poneglyphs. So I still doubt the "Voice of all things" awakening in Luffy. But I really think this is more about Shirahoshi "awakening" her ability to speak with and summon Sea Kings.. Here is where Otohime talks about Luffy's connection to Shirahoshi: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/626/11

That's how I interpreted the whole interaction in chapter. But I could be off base.. I thought she was in the moment and it was an emotional outburst.
    I think it was speech, but it could have been a supernatural connection...
    Who knows

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jguardiana's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

have you guys forgetting someone? about Caribo? we still dont know where he is, and if he appears with our Luffy gone unconcious who will fight him? i hope zorro now can use haki armament. and i think caribo knew zorro can cut logia's to explain he's reaction the first time he saw zorro

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post

I'm curious also about the seakings is part of the plan or something... it seems to me that the seaking don't want the noah to be destroyed as well

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jguardiana View Post
    have you guys forgetting someone? about Caribo? we still dont know where he is, and if he appears with our Luffy gone unconcious who will fight him? i hope zorro now can use haki armament. and i think caribo knew zorro can cut logia's to explain he's reaction the first time he saw zorro
    I don't know about that... he was just surrounded so he didn't fight and as he said, better not show them that he is a logia
    CLEANED

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

they could just put caribou in a barrel again (provided there is one in the vicinity) hehehe

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe first time I ever predicted something correctly in this manga (I'm sure I wasn't the only one!). Those chains had to be for something...

I don't think Luffy could hear the Sea Kings, seemed like they were speaking in different wavelengths, and he was passed out by that point anyway. Maybe one of them did a Haki burst, no-one said it's limited to humans.
    Also these are the same Sea Kings that turned up in the Calm Belt, how's that for a coincidence...

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The only interesting thing about Caribou is how it will look like when the mermaids he "consumed" will be freed. For me, it'd be great to see Luffy asking Zoro or Sanji to dispose of him 'cause he's in the way. In other words, I want Luffy to be aware of the power of his crew and I want him to say "Cut him!" or "Kick 'im", respectively, as in the CP9 arc.

I wonder whether the sea kings will accompany the fishmen to the Reverie or the Strawhats to the new world or both. It'll be surprising if they just swim away again knowing so much about Noah, etc.
    Last edited by yieps; November 23, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think a ponyglyph is more like a vinyl disk you can feel the bulges of the disk (like translating on robin's part) and you can hear them like the ability of roger

did the princess catch luffy or he landed on Noah? what if Caribou is in there and suck luffy up hehehe

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy's gonna need blood. chapter was good, i hope this arc ends before new year.

21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading chapter I had to write it was many times better then I expected it to be after reading spoilers.
    I imagined Luffys failure but SeaKings comment on Luffy being able to destroy Noah in time made everything okay
    It looked like Luffy gone sleeping when he was sure that everyone will be ok
    Last edited by vagabond87; November 23, 2011 at 06:13 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast