Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

    2 1.50%
  • 2 (Boring)

    7 5.26%
  • 3 (Regular)

    25 18.80%
  • 4 (Good)

    64 48.12%
  • 5 (Epic!)

    35 26.32%
New Reply
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 249

Thread: One Piece 647 Discussion

  1. #196
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by zozo96 View Post
    Yup, it's them. At least some of them. I don't think anybody else had mentioned it. I read some pages of the posts, but not all of them. I'm too lazy to do it, either. At least I read quite a lot of them. Somebody already mentioned it being the sea kings from one of the manga's chapter, though. I don't remember which chapter and my laziness meter has gone beyond my eagerness to look for the link. It's the chapter when they are trying to cross the calm belt, before entering Grand Line. Anyway, welcome back Black Lagoon! You've gone for quite a while. I thought you had gone for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Hey, it's been so long that without your avatar, i wouldn't have recognize you.
    Uriel, don't worry about the low number of posts anymore if black lagoon is back :-)
    As said someone already noticed about the sea kings. I think it's more a joke from Oda rather than the same animals but I wonder what his answer will be if the question is asked in SBS

    Also about the discussion on the sea kings age. The fact they do know about noah as well as neptune makes me wonder if fishmen know more about the void century than humans. I hope we will have some answers soon
    @zozo96@k-dom
    I've been treating my addiction to the forum (Almost a year now)
    I had some real life work to do that took me that took me so long so i couldn't frequent the forum as usual, and when i noticed i was no more an addict (although,if i reach the 5000K my status in the forum will change to addict)
    Enough of the off topic


    @zozo96: they were shown in the 625th chapter
    @k-dom:Good point, and since queen Otohime was teaching fishmen about the surface world giving speeches in the streets, bars and everywhere means that she was there once, meet somebody who went there, or what's more important and the reason I mentioned all the obvious is what if before the Blank Century fishmen and human were living peacefully together, and after that century the aftermath teared their relationship apart, which turned the surface world into a Grandma's Stories in fishmen Island. IMO

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #197
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fleurlolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    Shirahoshi Joining the crew will bring so much happiness to Luffy, not because she's sweet, she's his friend and everything you could imagine, but because of her gift, whenever he gets hungry she could call a Sea King.

  4. Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #198
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    While Reading some posts and talking to some friends, i noticed something weird ... Before Fishmen Island's arc, no i'll go a bit farther ... since Fishmen Island was first mentioned, i saw that everyone (myself included) wanted to see Fishmen Island's arc so badly, and guess what ... if it wasn't because of the desire to see the StrawHat's new powers i guess all off us would have voted "Regular" in every thread since the arc began ... of course with some exceptions.

    But hey!! this is Oda's MasterPiece we are talking about, the one we were praising for so long, so do you think he will start throwing out some pointless bulls**t?? i guess it enters in both plot and character developments.

    Of course he's human and makes mistakes, but we should give the man a break.

    @fleurlolie: your point is so funny ROTFLMAO

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #199
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurlolie View Post
    Shirahoshi Joining the crew will bring so much happiness to Luffy, not because she's sweet, she's his friend and everything you could imagine, but because of her gift, whenever he gets hungry she could call a Sea King.
    LOL!!!

    Luffy already has boa hancock to feed luffy!

    ---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    While Reading some posts and talking to some friends, i noticed something weird ... Before Fishmen Island's arc, no i'll go a bit farther ... since Fishmen Island was first mentioned, i saw that everyone (myself included) wanted to see Fishmen Island's arc so badly, and guess what ... if it wasn't because of the desire to see the StrawHat's new powers i guess all off us would have voted "Regular" in every thread since the arc began ... of course with some exceptions.

    But hey!! this is Oda's MasterPiece we are talking about, the one we were praising for so long, so do you think he will start throwing out some pointless bulls**t?? i guess it enters in both plot and character developments.

    Of course he's human and makes mistakes, but we should give the man a break.

    @fleurlolie: your point is so funny ROTFLMAO
    good point!!! would you say that the "hype" of fishmen island gave better ratings for this arc? It has been mentioned years ago (real life time) for it to end right now. There has to be more! Of course there is noah and joy boy. Maybe oda will show one of the commanders of big mom's crew observing what the mugi's did to her territory! Also, about cairbou i don't think luffy is in the state to fight him. It has to be either sanji (because he will be the pimp if he saves all those mermaids) or jimbei since his attacks can naturally hurt DF user's, especially logia types.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #200
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    @Jdapenao Concerning the last panel on page 8 ( not 9 :P ), I was talking about the fact that she is able to swim between those certainly very fast and randomly moving fists at all, not anything else. Nevertheless, your point is valid. Once again I didn't look careful enough and missed her closed eyes. Since in One Piece luck and emotions are very important and the latter have the power to push the other past its limits I can accept that explanation.

    @Razh, Josef K.
    Well, although her vision was blurry and she didn't see a face it was made quite clear Madam Shirley's predictions come always true so something will happen. :) Even though Madame Linlin could potentially appear - there could be a way to communicate with her in case of an emergency - with current state of affairs and in contrast to Thriller Bark Luffy's crew didn't break a sweat so far so I doubt Oda will complicate the story development with any more new enemies

    @Black Lagoon
    The sea kings were already mentioned several times, even with links for comparison by Gimbo TJ in post #71.
    As I already implied, in my opinion the purpose of showing the fishmen's exaggerated cheering was to clarify the despair and helplessness of their nation and the irony of the whole situation where someone of the race enslaving the fishmen is fighting their own civil wars. I see, however, a point in the argument in some previous posts that as a result Oda may have slowed down the pace a bit too much.
    Yet, only the friendship to some of those fishmen concerns Luffy and nothing else - Nami's and Sanji's opinions can be neglected in that case. Thus the recognition he deserves will rather be in form of something like a higher bounty after the news spread he destroyed fishmen island or winning Big Mam as an ally, respectively.
    More or any other kind of appreciation of his achievements would lead us to a discussion of power which is not something the SH crave for.
    Last edited by yieps; November 27, 2011 at 07:41 AM.

  10. #201
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    the end of the chapter was very good,with everyone celebrating,but does this mean the fights are finished,or will oda surprise us,with VDD's awakening for example,since rufy is on noah as well.

  11. #202
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vespertine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    28
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    if i had to guess, i would say that VDD will have a cover story during next arc, he's just that type of character.

  12. #203
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
    if i had to guess, i would say that VDD will have a cover story during next arc, he's just that type of character.
    yeah,like Foxy. but Vdd should be imprisoned now that the fishmen of ryugu can.Also,I guess the cover will go on for long time with the characters of the entire manga,unless we will see them during the story.

  13. #204
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    From my part i hope we won't see VDD and Hodi at all , they are just annoying and uninteresting ......it would be better if the remaining chapters of this arc are dedicated to explaining more about Noah and the mysterious Joy Boy and their fate should just be concluded with a few panels , that's more than enough IMO

  14. #205
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    well,surely in the next chapter noah will be the center of the story,because the sea kings can't hold it in this way forever and rufy is on it. I wonderw that both hody,rufy and Vdd are defeated,is it the time for caribo to appear again?

  15. #206
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    Would any of you oppose to a Monster Quatro?
    1. Luffy - Pretty obvious, no?
    2. Zoro - First two are locked, forever. Jinbei cant touch this, errr them.
    3. Sanji/Jinbei - water can wash the flames away, fire can make the water evaporate.
    4. Franky - Robots > Raw Human Power ie. Robin
    5. Robin - I think Robin is 4th *biased*
    6. Brook - Robin can crack him like that. Just saying. I STILL LOVE YOU BROOK.
    7. Chopper - No surprise. Not as strong as middle tier, strongest of low tier.
    8. Nami - No one should underestimate Nami. Think of her as Enel, mkrrr?
    9. Usopp - He will always be the weakest. "But he got stronger!" Well so did Nami.
    Can we agree that this is the ranking list? ^^

  16. #207
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by cheddarpretzels View Post
    Would any of you oppose to a Monster Quatro?
    1. Luffy - Pretty obvious, no?
    2. Zoro - First two are locked, forever. Jinbei cant touch this, errr them.
    3. Sanji/Jinbei - water can wash the flames away, fire can make the water evaporate.
    4. Franky - Robots > Raw Human Power ie. Robin
    5. Robin - I think Robin is 4th *biased*
    6. Brook - Robin can crack him like that. Just saying. I STILL LOVE YOU BROOK.
    7. Chopper - No surprise. Not as strong as middle tier, strongest of low tier.
    8. Nami - No one should underestimate Nami. Think of her as Enel, mkrrr?
    9. Usopp - He will always be the weakest. "But he got stronger!" Well so did Nami.
    Can we agree that this is the ranking list? ^^
    no,actually I think jinbe is still stronger than zoro.if zoro were stronger than jinbe it would mean zoro is also stronger than mihawk,and although a lot of people think so,it's a bit too early for his aim to be achieved. and why do you think chopper is weak?of course his "transformations" are good but nothing compared to the others member,but when he is in the yeti form he is almost unstoppable,I think not even franky could handle him. and yes,usop is stronger than nami. nami has got the weather,and usop has got his weapons as well,but physically usop is stronger nami is good because she is very smart,then usop must be stronger.

  17. #208
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    no,actually I think jinbe is still stronger than zoro.if zoro were stronger than jinbe it would mean zoro is also stronger than mihawk,and although a lot of people think so,it's a bit too early for his aim to be achieved. and why do you think chopper is weak?of course his "transformations" are good but nothing compared to the others member,but when he is in the yeti form he is almost unstoppable,I think not even franky could handle him. and yes,usop is stronger than nami. nami has got the weather,and usop has got his weapons as well,but physically usop is stronger nami is good because she is very smart,then usop must be stronger.
    Don't want to bash, but anyway : You imply that Jimbei and Mihawk are equals... Which is something that has yet to be proven... Stop making this A>B and B>C then A>C logic

  18. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #209
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Don't want to bash, but anyway : You imply that Jimbei and Mihawk are equals... Which is something that has yet to be proven... Stop making this A>B and B>C then A>C logic
    but it's a reality. they are both members of the crew of the 7,then they are at shichibukai level. moria is the only one who didn't deserve to stay in the crew anymore,since he had become too weak. and I didn't bash: I said "I think"! anyway I've always considered jinbe in2 different ways,that is the one where he hasn't got water to fight,and the one where he has got water.since one piece's world is almost covered by water,we should consider jinbe in the second way(he might spit on his hand and then fight with that )

  20. #210
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 647 Discussion / 648 Prediction

    Ah the wall of unformatted text has risen again.

    There is no Shichibukai level! That is just a rank/title for pirates with privileges, some are silver medalists, most are experienced pirates, therefore a lot stronger than the average Grand Line pirate, enabling them to struck fear into those and end their pirate careers early, which is their aim of assignment. XD Each match up differs in OP, that's one of the best features of the manga Imo.
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 27, 2011 at 06:52 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts