Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The HipHop Thread

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

You missed Politics and Masochist by Tonedeff :@ That's not okay! They should've been on top of your fragment-list.

@Jin... that was beautiful

Btw Sema, just heard "Rising Down" and damn I love Rising Down feat. Mos Def and Criminal with Saigon & Truck North

Oh, and check out the Danger Mouse remix of "Sofa King" by DangerDoom from his -06 single "Old School" and his album DangerDoom (Especially track nr 5, 9 and 14)

It's insane and chill. love it, better than the original
    Last edited by blai; January 13, 2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity iThePirate's Avatar
    Country
    British Antarctic Territory
    Post Thanks / Like

i didnt miss them i purposely left them out
    I got the medal!

Siggeh By Foxxxer, Rest In Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurel View Post
    lookie wad we have here.. it's the swearing i-can't-spell-for-nuts drunk j/k

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good to see Crooked I hooking up with Snoop!

Crooked I just released a new EP, check out this tune out which features Snoop its great!

edit: it turns out that the EP is actually old....my bad..
    Last edited by Bugzee; January 14, 2010 at 08:50 PM.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Crooked I also collab'd with Akon..... twice.....in his album "Block Obama II
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention quite a while back... I came across this super dope tune that I love so much!! Some of you may have heard it before...

Hip Hop -Pace Won & Mr. Green

That Pace Won dude had a feud with Eminem back in the day lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sema's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    You missed Politics and Masochist by Tonedeff :@ That's not okay! They should've been on top of your fragment-list.

@Jin... that was beautiful
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Btw Sema, just heard "Rising Down" and damn I love Rising Down feat. Mos Def and Criminal with Saigon & Truck North
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Oh, and check out the Danger Mouse remix of "Sofa King" by DangerDoom from his -06 single "Old School" and his album DangerDoom (Especially track nr 5, 9 and 14)

It's insane and chill. love it, better than the original
    I like The Roots a lot. Combination of a band and a highly skilled emcee is a great thing imo. Dangerdoom i.e Danger Mouse and DOOM(formerly known as MF DOOM) is my ish too. If you like the emcee Dangerdoom check out the Madvilliany album. Its fire.

edit: check out these two turntablism tracks. what do you think of it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcGhr7xe_Fs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrkAy_QvsAU
    Last edited by Sema; January 24, 2010 at 03:05 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Heelo hy tharrr.

Wanna drop some new shit for you. It's more RnB than Rap tho, but anyway.. like a chartbreaker in the Russian hitlists atm, however I didn't know about it until this Saturday when I saw that girl performing on stage in a club over here

I didn't really listen to the songs though *drunk*. Just realized it's a good song when I was searching for the eventpics on the clubs site (lololol) and I actually found that song's good

23:45 & 5ivesta Family - Я Буду

check it out;p

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick one for you hip hop fans...

Tech N9ne - Demons Ft. Three 6 Mafia

Sh*t is dope imo

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The HipHop Thread

Damn, I just heard Drop the World and OMG it's crazy! I fell in love after the first 30 seconds, and that's RARE for me. I usually have to listen to songs 2 or 3 times to gain the flow, and that goes for the really good ones aswell.

Guys help me out here. I haven't heard any new good stuff since hmm. November? Some refreshment in my library would be neat. Give me a few songs if you can, "new" ones

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3cmm View Post
    Damn, I just heard Drop the World and OMG it's crazy! I fell in love after the first 30 seconds, and that's RARE for me. I usually have to listen to songs 2 or 3 times to gain the flow, and that goes for the really good ones aswell.

Guys help me out here. I haven't heard any new good stuff since hmm. November? Some refreshment in my library would be neat. Give me a few songs if you can, "new" ones
    There's "Forever" by Drake, Eminem, Lil wayne and Kanye West. Preety good...
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Eminem also released Relapse: Refill. It has 8 or 7 bonustrack (including Forever). He did that because he felt bad for us that it takes so long for Relapse 2 to be released.

It has some good tracks like Music Box and Elevator, you should check that out.
    For the rest I don't actually know of any new Hip Hop tracks (that are any good).

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Relapse is better then Relapse: Refill. If only Dre didn't produce the Relapse albums, Eminem should have done it himself. Eminem's produced Marshall Mathers, The Eminem Show and Encore, which were HUGE albums, Marshall and Eminem Show selling 19 million each. Relapse has only sold 2 mil so far. >.< Clearly Eminem's a better producer then Dre, though I'm not takin' anything away from Dre lol
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Relapse any better then Relapse: Refill? It's the same album only with 7 bonustracks.

Eminem's not a better producre then Dr. Dre. It's just that the Marshal Mathers LP and the Eminem Show were great albums. Encore was a mainstream hit which is way too overrated, don't get me wrong, personally I love the album, but it's too overrated. Much thanks to the mainstream sound which is on it and because it was his official return to the music business.

Relapse has less good promotion. I mean, We Made You did a good job on promoting. 3AM didn't, mainly because of the "grotesque" video clip that only gets aired after a certain time and Beautiful's underrated.

Most people (I'm not talking about fans here) dislike or just don't care about Relapse(: Refill) because it's not the Eminem they're used too. Yes, he still kills people in his tracks and he talks shit, but it's too different from his good albums.

It won a lot of prizes and all, it's been on number 1 in a lot of charts, but it just doesn't compete with his previous albums, it has nothing to do with the producing of the tracks in my opinion.

The beats and all the other producing jobs are done good to great. If you want to blame someone, it's Eminem who's at fault.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Xadyu here. There's just something with the old Eminem albums. It's a "feeling" you have when listening to them. And that feeling is simply gone in Relapse, to be honest I think the same goes for Encore despite it's huge success. The old Eminem feeling simply isn't there, though Relapse certainly has some good tracks, and I've been listening to Beautiful ever since it came out, I still like it. Eminem "in his prime" had something going for him, he had vision and spirit, and even if the spirit and vision is still there to some extent, he doesn't manage to sell it to his fans like he used to.

Btw thanks guys, I had heard Forever, but I didn't know about Relapse: Refill. There you see how easy it is to miss something. Music Box was a nice track.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Good suggestions by X! Music Box & Elevator are great tracks. Buffalo Bill & Taking My Ball are really good as well!

Music Box is probably my favourite though Yo 3cmm, you might like some of Bishop Lamont's music. Hallelujah Feat. Xzibit is a good track.

Bishop Lamont did a mixtape with Blackmilk called Caltroit and this is my favourite track! You should check out Blackmilk's stuff as well! Really dope producer/Mc

Oh and check this out....Alchemist - Acts of Violence & Evidence - The Far Left

New Reply
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast