Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: The HipHop Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sema's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The HipHop Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ~Buggy*Fly~ View Post
    Hey everyone! It's been a while. Damn, this thread never gets the love it deserves. Just to let you guys know that MH has a Music Thread as well; for all genres, etc.

@ Sema - Dude! What's up!? Long time no see. Anyway, yea Shutterbug is awesome; you should definitley check the music video out.

You should at least give Big Boi's new LP a try. I like some of the songs not all of them though. >< If I had to choose one track from his new LP that I really like, I would choose Train Pt. 2!
    Yeah its been a long time. This thread isn't that active. I should have posted earlier. Hope you are doing fine.
    I just listened to the album is good. I think I will like it more when I listen to it more. My favourite track is Daddy Fat Sax. Check The Roots new album How I Got Over. All the tracks are great.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sema View Post
    Yeah its been a long time. This thread isn't that active. I should have posted earlier. Hope you are doing fine.
    I just listened to the album is good. I think I will like it more when I listen to it more. My favourite track is Daddy Fat Sax. Check The Roots new album How I Got Over. All the tracks are great.
    I'm doing well thanks, Sema. Glad to see you again in this non-active thread alongside myself.

Yeah, I heard The Roots new LP is pretty good. I haven't had the chance to listen to it at present but I'll definitely check it out asap.

Black Thought on the mic and Questlove on the drums...real hip hop baby.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody else looking forward to Kanye's new album? I'm eagerly anticipating it's release.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

gotta check out Kid Cudi, Neyo and Nelly first, before concentrating on Kanye :P
    Heard some -quite ok- leaks already though... nothing too stunning or else, but not bad either.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Heard Kid Cudi's latest album this week. Got a couple of good tracks, nothing new, was kinda "meh" throughout it. But that's just me.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmhh... have to go through it few times more, but atm it's not as good as Man of the Moon The End of Days..

Please Don't Play This Song Ft. MJB best track for me so far.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously. Almost every hiphop track feat. MJB is awesome. I have yet to find one "bad", although there are a couple "average". But they are often the highlight of the EP's...
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, the Chorus of this track is fucking epic. Wanna know what it sounds like when I'm not on drugs? Please, please don't play this song. R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-right tryin to get my mind my mind my mind right.

Marijuanan is an other wicked song. REVOFEV is bäh.. was already annoying me when it popped up few months ago, and the fact that is got on the LP makes it even worse for me..

Oh and about MJB. I find the other track with her is one of those 'avarge' songs. These Worries. It's not bad, really, but have not find anything special about it yet either..
    Last edited by Evil3ye; November 17, 2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Runaway on Kanye's new album is freaking awesome in my opinion, or well the actual "music" is, the lyrics themselves aren't anything special.

I've listened through the album now (yes I'm illegal heh) and overall it's a good album. Nothing awesomebbq but pretty good. At least it has a few really decent tracks that I will listen to many times unlike his previous album which I threw in the toilet, dropped a poop at it, spat on it and flushed it down without even having listened to 50% of it.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody hear watch/listen to Grindtime?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Im still on Cudis and Kanyes shit

what'd Grindtime be anyway?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a American battle rap league. Its probably the best battle rap league in the world. They have some amazing talent in it, but whats funny is that it easily has some of the best rappers lyrically but threes a saying "battle rappers cant make music". lmao Which does seem to have some truth in it, which is why some of them are rather unknown to the community at large.

Anyway, Grizzlemania 2 happened a couple of months back. And the videos are starting to pop up, so i wondering if people saw any so far.
    Last edited by Imperium; November 22, 2010 at 02:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone listens to Joe Budden. The Mood Muzik 4 Tape is fire. My top 3 songs are Inseperable, Aftermath and 1000 faces. For those who don't listen to Joe Budden give him a chance. My favourite mixtape of the Mood Muzik Series is Mood Muzik 2.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Im a purist type hip-hop head but i treat it as my religion so i keep tryna find stuff i missed cos i was a kid, top 5 MCs no order cept number 1:
    (1)MF DOOM
    Ghostface Killah
    NaS
    BlackThought
    Tumi from a band in South Africa(Tumi & the Volume)they tour a lot maybe you guys have heard of em.

At the moment im banging some DJ joints like Roc Raida(RIP), old Premier instrumentals, old Shadow & Rob Swift, & 90s stuff that went unnoticed like Blahzay Blahzay, OC & just the whole DITC, Artifacts, Jeru, KMD(DOOMS old squad Subroc RIP)definitely Black Moon oh & I slept on The DOC.

Cats from my country i feel, AQ & Thir[13]teen, Archetypes, Writers Block, Tumi & The Volume Revivolution(squad im in)

New cats i feel, Blu even though when he performed here he couldnt handle his liquor, Madlib for the music much more than the lyrics, Edan, Flying Lotus though thats more instrolike

Btw Dont sleep on Bliss N Eso from Australia

FuS

I cant give Distant Relatives a critical review as i havent got that into it, but my major flaw with it is that it was too clean! Not on some street shit but the production felt too packaged. Esp when artists like this get together its easy to get into formulas of expectation like lets make the save Africa song which others, including themselves have made earlier & better. As We Enter felt like both of them saying "I can exist in this space you created" a dope type of mental flexing very equal, but then the album gets a bit too onesided cos NaS is just an MC but Jr Gong got more to choose from so you get more of him & NaS ends up sounding like the guest rapper guy on r&b songs who only spits 1 16 at the end of the joint.

Its not a bad album so i think il re-dab it

FuS

Ps. Oh shit & I like Mr Lif too
    Last edited by Rosebullet Teacher; November 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone here listen to Curren$y. I have listened to the Pilot Talk albums and the Return to the Winners mixtape and they are all dope material. If you have'nt check it.

New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast