Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: The Beer Thread!

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Beer Thread!

Any opinions on killkinney Irish cream ale? Sounds good but what do I know?

I finally tried Smithwick's yesterday (I even pronounced it correctly!) honestly I really like it! It had a bit of a coffee taste to me which I normally wouldn't enjoy but I'm finding I like beers that aren't as pale anymore. Since last here I've also tried a variety of others.

Liked:
    Hopfenkonig German Pilsner
    Krombacher pilsner

Meh:
    Twisted Thistle IPA
    Boddingtons pub ale
    Leffe blonde

I still have the list of what you guys have recommended, I was just busy studying so have only tried a few I could get at a pub that does samplers

I'm back :3

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Leffe is one of those beers people buy because it's Belgian, but honestly it's pretty bad IMO

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I really did not like it. I saw "blonde" and thought "oh, I should like that!" aaand I didn't. Fortunately it was just like a sampler of 5 different beers and only 1-2oz each, I think, so it wasn't like I bought an entire draft and hated it.

This is the "beverage bible" for the place. I plan on going back (food rocks). Any suggestions? http://parklanetavern.com/Beerbible_HAMPTON.pdf (If you have ABP enabled, it may not load)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHatake View Post
    Yeah I really did not like it. I saw "blonde" and thought "oh, I should like that!" aaand I didn't. Fortunately it was just like a sampler of 5 different beers and only 1-2oz each, I think, so it wasn't like I bought an entire draft and hated it.

This is the "beverage bible" for the place. I plan on going back (food rocks). Any suggestions? http://parklanetavern.com/Beerbible_HAMPTON.pdf (If you have ABP enabled, it may not load)
    Young's Double Chocolate Stout. It's inferior to Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout, but it's still good.

Duvel - a way better version of what Leffe Blond tries to be

Anything Sam Smith makes in the bottles.

Anything in the Belgium category for the bottles, except for Leffe Blonde. Nice to see they have lambics, even if they're sweetened, they're still worth trying.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

So recently I've been hanging around the May Day Brewery,a local brewery here in Murfreesboro, TN. One beer in particular makes me drool uncontrollably. It's an Indian Brown Ale called Evil Octopus. It's so good.

I've been digging darker beers lately. My go to at the bar is Guinness Stout or Black as of now. Though I did find this local (I think anyway) beer here called Messiah. The company that makes it is called He-Brew and it's tagline is "It's the Beer You've Been Waiting For" It's got a nut taste to it and is also so freaking good.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well like usual I've been hitting the IPA's, lately two of my favorites, both happen to be from Great Lakes, and both seasonal that just passed their season. Great Lakes Chillwave double IPA, easily my most favorite beer currently (9.4%ABV, 95% score on beeradvocate, and previously called Alchemy Hour fwiw). Will be a long wait until next spring And also Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger, a rye IPA (7.5%ABV, 90% on beeradvocate). Much cheaper that Chillwave, but still great strong IPA with a punch of peppery rye make for a beer with some bite! Both are pretty potent and I'd only recommend to hard core IPA fans.
    T~Stew

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Smokey Mountain Brewery in Pigeon Forge, TN. I had the Cherokee Red Ale there, and it was DELICIOUS. (Also, AWESOME wings! Never had a sauce quite like theirs; ended up having them make me an entire bottle of sauce to take home xD) It's supposed to be similar recipe to traditional Irish red ales. I wish I'd bought a growler of it while I was still there, but I forgot

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Drinking a Duvel Tripel Hop 2014. Very tangy, almost a grapefruit finish, with an almost herbal taste. Light tasting and crisp for a 9.5% ABV tripel. Very good.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Kaiten I might have to try to find that one.

Tried a new to me brew from Ommegang...

I usually don't like wheat ales, with the exception of a couple wheat IPA blends, but Ommegang Witte was actually nice, and seemed to go well ice cold on a hot summer day after some hard work outside. Perhaps its the Belgian yeast and flavors that make it nice compared to most wheat ales I've had.
    T~Stew

New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18