Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    The point was there was very little chance for Ikki to have been trained in zero-g. Since all we know for sure was that the Tower was the main area for zero-G which was guarded by Sleeping Forest.

    Again Spitfire was dead and as if Nike was going to let Simca see Ikki and share her knowledge on zero-G on a training basis.

  2. #17
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa's workshop Candyland Division
    Country
    Antarctica
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    @DragonOsman2
    I think, the reason Ikki did not use the wind to propel himself from the beginning is because he forgot. This is why Ringo, said to him “Remember now ?” but before Ringo asked him that he himself says, “I remember now“.
    Last edited by IKRG; November 27, 2011 at 06:48 AM.

  3. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    He thinks it, he doesn't say it out loud. Otherwise Ringo wouldn't have needed to say it the way she did.

    @Broken_Wing: I never said she would've been allowed to do that.

  4. #19
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa's workshop Candyland Division
    Country
    Antarctica
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    He thinks it, he doesn't say it out loud. Otherwise Ringo wouldn't have needed to say it the way she did.
    As long as you got my point, that is all that matters.

  5. #20
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Onibasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Is the rule about no regalia only for Ikki and Sora because I am sure that Rika and Ringo are using theirs

  6. #21
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jiraiya's hair
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Onibasu View Post
    Is the rule about no regalia only for Ikki and Sora because I am sure that Rika and Ringo are using theirs
    The Sky and Storm Regalia are the only ones off limits, anything else is fine.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

  7. #22
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Yeah. Though, when Tanaka explained the rules for the battle, he only said that the Sky Regalia was off-limits, and he didn't even mention the Storm Regalia. I don't understand why.

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    SSA Scans of 337, so much better than Dragonfly's scan. http://ssa-scans.net/archives/201

  9. #24
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jiraiya's hair
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    Yeah. Though, when Tanaka explained the rules for the battle, he only said that the Sky Regalia was off-limits, and he didn't even mention the Storm Regalia. I don't understand why.
    Yeah I didn't get that either, if that really is the case then it's completely unbalanced. I don't know why Ikki expects Sora to play by the rules because as soon as he starts losing that Sky Regalia is being unleashed.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

  10. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    Yeah I didn't get that either, if that really is the case then it's completely unbalanced. I don't know why Ikki expects Sora to play by the rules because as soon as he starts losing that Sky Regalia is being unleashed.
    oyos

    but in front of a worldwide audience, that would make sora look bad. technically, no one but ikki would be able to really oppose him but they will at least not think of sora as their 'savior' if he breaks the rules of their match. i'm hoping for sora to do that simply because it's such a tease to have the 'ultimate' regalia right in front of us and we see nothing of it's true capabilities. i'm also hoping that if sora does use the regalia, ikki will still beat him without really using his.

  11. #26
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Agreed. Though, a lot of people are going to cry about (the Air Gear equivalent of (whatever that would be)) plotkai, Deus ex Machina or whatever . . . basically, they won't like that the main protagonist was able to win over such a powerful Regalia without using his own.

  12. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    oyos

    well, one reason why it could work in this series is simply because ikki has demonstrated being able to win without using the typical 'battle manga' route of 'being the stronger one or using the equally strong move/attack'. he's typically finishes his battles with the 'least' flashiest trick that isn't too heavily infinite atmosphere based.

    vs skull saders (w/ a-ts): he uses just the a-t to knock the emblem off the wall instead of climbing up himself

    vs rez boa dogs: he uses the electrical current of the train to boost his jump (this did lead him to use the wing road for the first time but it was a simple speed boost of a jump)

    vs buccha: the track team ends up helping him by closing in the walls on buccha, then ikki road above him with a leg on each wall like a bridge

    vs. sabel tigers: ikki impresses iriya in his jump (she actually stops) and she is beaten in a normal dash because she couldn't get past ikki afterwards.

    vs. noyamano sisters: when teaming with sora, ikki pretty much wins through persistence (some of his moves are similar to sora but nothing fancy)

    vs. behemoth: ikki rides on agito's fang and they both double kick him... (riding a fang isn't that special)

    vs. potemkin: ikki does proper teamwork and uses buccha as a jumping board to cross the water... they win in a normal race manner

    vs. trident: in devil 30 30, ikki wins by finally learning to jump on the air (the first wind grasping trick he's ever really done, but again, not a big special move)

    vs. ringo: ikki wins because ringo exhausted herself from overusing the sonia road (technically he made it a tie by carrying her to the goal), they were simply running normally after their big battle...

    vs. inorganic net/sf: ikki works with the team and they made a plan of deception, then rode out to help emily catch the balloon

    vs. highway circus: they do a simple run... nothing special at all in that match except that onigiri's sweat can act like oil to slow down another rider

    vs. sleipnir: after null wind, it's a simple hopping from debris to debris...

    vs. nue: they change to a dash match and he wins normally... he also demonstrates a high level but not really infinite atmosphere kind of trick (the whole part of him escaping nue's wires).

    while there may be some intense fighting and ikki might bust out some tricks that don't need the regalia to fight sora, in the end, i think he will win simply by beating sora to the goal in a normal 'dash'...
    Last edited by suarhnir; November 30, 2011 at 01:32 AM.

  13. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Ikki doesn't win his battles with plotkai, he wins by what I've come to refer to as plotkai by proxy. In other words another member of the teams gets some bullshit boost then helps them win.

  14. #29
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Japan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    Yeah. Though, when Tanaka explained the rules for the battle, he only said that the Sky Regalia was off-limits, and he didn't even mention the Storm Regalia. I don't understand why.
    Perhaps it is stated "Sky Regalia" only because both of their regalias are equal. When you think about it, when it comes to simply "AT", Ikki's Storm Regalia is also the Sky Regalia. The only thing missing on Ikki's Storm is that it can't employ all of the AT Technology in the world.

    So yeah, maybe that's the reason why.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post

    And Suarhnir and Drylick, I agree with you two. I just have to say, though, that Ikki is only a self-proclaimed Emperor of the Universe. (Haha). And I hate that he still has trouble in zero-gravity, mainly because it makes him look bad in front of the whole AT world. I mean, come on; he's supposed to be a "King," and therefore, since ATs were made specifically to be used in a zero-gravity environment, he should've practiced in zero-gravity and should already have gotten used to it.

    And by the way, there's a term in this manga for "AT Riders"--it's "Stormriders". They are Stormriders, remember?
    As most of the response to this post, there's really no way that Ikki could practice in a Zero-Gravity environment. Only the tower offers that atmosphere, and it's guarded by the strongest AT team.

    But in the end of chapter 337, Ikki was able to run on Zero Gravity conditions despite being in the tower only twice. That just shows how great his growth potential is (the main reason why Sora is afraid of Ikki). Sora was also supposed to attack Ikki here:

    http://mangahead.com/index.php/Manga...&size=original

    But he stopped. Probably because of Ikki's aura. Remember the frightening aura of a King - the same feeling Agito felt on Ringo that time when Kogarasumaru was escaping (and also the aura Ikki felt on Akira Odou).

    So yeah, Ikki can handle himself now on the tower. As Agito stated, he doesn't have to play tricks anymore considering his form. Sora also acknowledged that Ikki right now is also very very strong.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    If you look carefully, she still has big breasts.
    Yes she has BIG breasts. It doesn't matter what she's wearing. Haha. But I like her outfit now. It's the best she ever wore.
    Last edited by Drylick; November 30, 2011 at 07:04 AM.

  15. #30
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 337 Discussion/ 338 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    oyos

    well, one reason why it could work in this series is simply because ikki has demonstrated being able to win without using the typical 'battle manga' route of 'being the stronger one or using the equally strong move/attack'. he's typically finishes his battles with the 'least' flashiest trick that isn't too heavily infinite atmosphere based.

    vs skull saders (w/ a-ts): he uses just the a-t to knock the emblem off the wall instead of climbing up himself

    vs rez boa dogs: he uses the electrical current of the train to boost his jump (this did lead him to use the wing road for the first time but it was a simple speed boost of a jump)

    vs buccha: the track team ends up helping him by closing in the walls on buccha, then ikki road above him with a leg on each wall like a bridge

    vs. sabel tigers: ikki impresses iriya in his jump (she actually stops) and she is beaten in a normal dash because she couldn't get past ikki afterwards.

    vs. noyamano sisters: when teaming with sora, ikki pretty much wins through persistence (some of his moves are similar to sora but nothing fancy)

    vs. behemoth: ikki rides on agito's fang and they both double kick him... (riding a fang isn't that special)

    vs. potemkin: ikki does proper teamwork and uses buccha as a jumping board to cross the water... they win in a normal race manner

    vs. trident: in devil 30 30, ikki wins by finally learning to jump on the air (the first wind grasping trick he's ever really done, but again, not a big special move)

    vs. ringo: ikki wins because ringo exhausted herself from overusing the sonia road (technically he made it a tie by carrying her to the goal), they were simply running normally after their big battle...

    vs. inorganic net/sf: ikki works with the team and they made a plan of deception, then rode out to help emily catch the balloon

    vs. highway circus: they do a simple run... nothing special at all in that match except that onigiri's sweat can act like oil to slow down another rider

    vs. sleipnir: after null wind, it's a simple hopping from debris to debris...

    vs. nue: they change to a dash match and he wins normally... he also demonstrates a high level but not really infinite atmosphere kind of trick (the whole part of him escaping nue's wires).

    while there may be some intense fighting and ikki might bust out some tricks that don't need the regalia to fight sora, in the end, i think he will win simply by beating sora to the goal in a normal 'dash'...
    Nice post, and yeah, I do agree; he wins without having to pull of complex Tricks to end the battle. [Like I said in our Regalia thread, though, it's "Infinity Atmosphere" (Notice the Y).]

    @Drylick: Yeah, as far as AT parts go, Ikki's Regalia is also the Sky Regalia, but would the AT world really know that at the moment. Even if Tanaka himself does.

    But we also have to remember that Ikki's Storm Regalia has one extra bar, so it's superior to the Sky Regalia by one bar of the code. And once Ikki beats Sora and then enters the the last bar of the code into that briefcase, the actual Sky Regalia (the program) will be his.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts