Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Gets New Film Set in New World Arc

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Gets New Film Set in New World Arc

uhm,you are likely right,I'd like to have it already subbed . btw,is there a manga or chapter for this movie,as there was chapter 565,5 The strong world?

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the movie in Singapore, here's everything about the movie plot summarized in my version:

Spoiler show

My thoughts? I kindda like the plot being centered around the villain but I still feel that this film lacked something
    compared to Strong World. Strong World was more superior because it felt more emotionally engaging. This, on the other hand, had more fanservice and fight scenes(oh god, a lot of the top 3 shs fighting) than previous films.
    The plot isn't the best (can't expect much) and a lot of things felt like it doesn't make sense canon wise.
    But the SH interactions was pretty good...and the animation, was superb.
    Like, really superb.
    No specially important side characters this time and no specially impt movie characters except for Zet and his crew.
    Zet made the movie this time, not the SH fights or the fanservice.
    Eh, pretty good but not the best in my book. Still sticking to movie 7 and strong world as my favorites :P
    Last edited by Zeltrax; February 03, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't help but notice that the Lighter Sanji uses in the film is one of the Products that Oda designed himself from the "Sleeping Mermaid Collection".

This is it: http://www.fashion-press.net/news/gallery/5033/82582

Cheeky Oda, advertising something you designed in your own movie! haha, also I have the link to the movie that somebody recorded in a cinema... But I'm not sure if posting it would get me punished on this forum?
    Last edited by Franklyn D. Kieran; February 11, 2013 at 03:28 PM.

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franklyn D. Kieran View Post
    I couldn't help but notice that the Lighter Sanji uses in the film is one of the Products that Oda designed himself from the "Sleeping Mermaid Collection".

This is it: http://www.fashion-press.net/news/gallery/5033/82582

Cheeky Oda, advertising something you designed in your own movie! haha, also I have the link to the movie that somebody recorded in a cinema... But I'm not sure if posting it would get me punished on this forum?
    That aaaaaaaaaaand I don't really want crappy camcorder quality, I learned my lesson on that with The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya...
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.amazon.co.jp/PIECE-FILM-%.../dp/B00BPRPS2W

Film Z will be available on DVD/BD in the end of May

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

That seems to be the tv specials linked to the film rather than the film itself....unless that is included as a bonus.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kuza's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it in japanese, there were some intresting talks in it, so I'm gonna rewatch it later. Anyway I have several thoughts about action part:
    1) Why the heck Zoro can't cut kairoseki? I thought he can cut any shit now
    2) Why Luffy moves ridiculously sloooooow while fights. It especially bothers me since he can dodge freakin lasers like nothing and basicly teleport from spot to spot while fighting pacifista and Hody but can't dodge a normal speed melee attack. Dafuck?
    3) I didn't quite get the power of Z's right arm devil fruit, she told about it, but it again it was japanese.. is it somehow similar to Bonie DF since she made people younger?

If some1 wants to watch it in japanese - http://uzum.tv/publ/serii/one_piece_..._12/3-1-0-2131

This is Rus hosting and has some annoying adds, but it more or less normal quality.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuza View Post
    I watched it in japanese, there were some intresting talks in it, so I'm gonna rewatch it later. Anyway I have several thoughts about action part:
    1) Why the heck Zoro can't cut kairoseki? I thought he can cut any shit now
    2) Why Luffy moves ridiculously sloooooow while fights. It especially bothers me since he can dodge freakin lasers like nothing and basicly teleport from spot to spot while fighting pacifista and Hody but can't dodge a normal speed melee attack. Dafuck?
    3) I didn't quite get the power of Z's right arm devil fruit, she told about it, but it again it was japanese.. is it somehow similar to Bonie DF since she made people younger?

If some1 wants to watch it in japanese - http://uzum.tv/publ/serii/one_piece_..._12/3-1-0-2131

This is Rus hosting and has some annoying adds, but it more or less normal quality.
    1) I'm not too sure about this one as I don't remember the scene but Kairousei is supposed to be very very hard. Correct me if I'm wrong but did Zoro actually cut Kairousei in the manga?
    2) That's because it was a speed melee attack and the guy he was up against was an ex-admiral with trained reflexes and combat experience.
    3) Its different from Bonnie. Bonnie can control the age change but the girl's df power is only limited to reducing the target's age by 10. Making them younger by 10 years.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kuza's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    2) That's because it was a speed melee attack and the guy he was up against was an ex-admiral with trained reflexes and combat experience.
    I don't believe that opponents expirience can really influence the speed Luffy uses in a fight. Just watch again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BziEKjRs6ho
    And then any scene from movie. I mean he can blink around and use long range haki enforced attacks, and instead he just goes close to the enemy and exchange blows until both can barely stand. I don't have a big problem with that, but it just doesn't feel right to me after previous new world encounters.

Zoro actually did never cut kairoseki in manga, yet he is able to cut hugeass cannonballs and cages and even landscapes like towers or huge ships. He also can reinforce his swords with haki. So judging from kairoseki usage in manga (like ship covering, bullets, nets, handcuffs etc.) it could be bent, and I believe a top class swordsman can cut a metal which could be bent.

And another intresting aspect of this movie. First time I've seen somebody using kairoseki bullets. I was wondering long ago why noboby did use it, cause imagine a kairoseki bullets machine gun - best weapon vs DF users ever. Considering the fact that OP universe has some great scientists - they should have made something like that long ago.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kuroSaki_Ichi's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite part: Nami and Robin transforming their bodies back

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I like about this new film and the last, is that Oda is using these formats as a chance to dwell more into the historial aspect of One Piece. "Gold Lion" was the vagrant pirate of Roger's Age and now, we have "Zet" who was a former Marine and the two have similarities regarding their conflicts with World Government and Pirates.

New film was really good on story, animation was decent and this really gave us some tid bits about some of the events in the manga and how they are showcased in this movie.

Thanks, Oda-san.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The films finally subbed: http://www1.watchop.com/watch/one-piece-film-z/
    Will be watching it later, so excited already from what everyone has been saying.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

that link doesn't work here. if someone has got the same problem,here there is another one: http://www.chia-anime.com/movie-engl...12-film-z.html ,i hope posting these sites is not deemed as "spam"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    that link doesn't work here. if someone has got the same problem,here there is another one: http://www.chia-anime.com/movie-engl...12-film-z.html ,i hope posting these sites is not deemed as "spam"
    Oh, sorry I didn't know, I use it a lot and I live in UK, so i assumed it would work elsewhere.
    Anyways, after watching the film. I Really Liked it... I don't what to say, whenever I see non-canon stuff, i would normally see some faults and what not, but that film was truly amazing, the end even made me want to tear up a bit, but I withstood it.
    It was nice how they centered the film around the villain's side this time, showing the back story of Admiral Zephyr, from navy to the psychotic pirate-ridding monster.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well because I'm sick and tired of having to duck and hide from spoilers, I watched the film myself:

#1: I'M BUYING THE F***ING BLU RAY. THE VIDEO QUALITY WAS SHIT.
    Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast