Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: U-17 Camp & OB's

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: U-17 Camp & OB's

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Nah, that guy right now would be a 2nd Year High Schooler.
    Ochi Tsukimitsu captained Hyotei to the Nationals the year before Akutagawa, Shishido, Mukahi watched Atobe destroy every regular and take on Oshitari Yushi in that manga special that Konomi drew, which then later got animated.

And yeah, now that you mention it, they look frighteningly similar. Luckily Konomi is good at making random things and later having them make sense. He has the excuse that the guy that Atobe crushed was inspired by the captain the year before him to dye his hair in the same style.

It makes me laugh that Muuri skipped practice haha. Leaving the Rikkai last year OVA still 'canon' as it is yet to clash with the storylin as Muuri's excuse for not being their is that he habitually skipped practice.
    I love that he felt jealous and annoyed that Rikkai's Demon 3 were stars of the team.
    Muuri probably wouldn't stand a chance against the big 3, and yeah Featherwolf, I tought the same thing when I read that Ochi was Hyoutei's ex captain .

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Too early, wait a few more hours, please and thank you.

---------- Post added January 01, 2012 at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was December 31, 2011 at 05:56 PM ----------

Continue please.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that chaos,

But yeah Muuri obviously wasnt above the Rikkai's demon 3, but he must have been close, if Chitose says when Rikkai swept Shitenhouji last year, Muuri wiped Kenya. He could have said Kenya lost to Muuri, but Konomi made Chitose use the word 'wipe' lol.

Meaning he should be a pretty good Singles player.

And as I expected there is likely more OB's in that Top 10.

Im still not satisfied with the Makinofuji cruising to last year's finals issue but oh well

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/60/3

Im still wondering why Konomi revealed two players from 1st Court there. And then did nothing with them and fodderized them.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Im still wondering why Konomi revealed two players from 1st Court there. And then did nothing with them and fodderized them.
    Uh.. because there kinda needed to be 10 players for the 2nd String too? Should he have just not drawn anyone besides Kazuya and Oni?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Uh.. because there kinda needed to be 10 players for the 2nd String too? Should he have just not drawn anyone besides Kazuya and Oni?
    He could have done them from an angle where we never saw them.
    Like he did with 3rd Court. I honestly expected to see these guys play or do something. I never saw the instant fodderization coming.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking back at this page, the two HSers next to Oni don't have the same definition in the face, nor do they have pupils. Retrospectively, you can see that Konomi just didn't put any effort into them. Every character has pupils, but those two guys don't even get that.

Now, if we were Fayte, when we looked at chapter 60, perhaps we could've known that we wouldn't see the normal matches at all. :P

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Looking back at this page, the two HSers next to Oni don't have the same definition in the face, nor do they have pupils. Retrospectively, you can see that Konomi just didn't put any effort into them. Every character has pupils, but those two guys don't even get that.

Now, if we were Fayte, when we looked at chapter 60, perhaps we could've known that we wouldn't see the normal matches at all. :P
    Yet the guy next to the guy next to Oni has distinct symmetrical markings on his face like Itachi from NARUTO. Why would Konomi give the guy such detail lol. I totally expected to see them play. Can think why Konomi would do this.

And the whole Court System in general. None of it was that relevant to the current storyline. In fact, its irrelevant to the current storyline.
    I dont even get why he made the Court 1 system anymore.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

With this photo, I should have known the 3rd Court would become fodder. Konomi was comparing them to the other photo he drew. The MS version has only 2 players that are not fodder (Ryoma and Shiraishi). While the HS version has Irie, Tokugawa and Oni.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/54/14

He is so quick to throw away characters lol.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

And why is Yagyuu in BJB uniform? Bottom left.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/55/10

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet the guy next to the guy next to Oni has distinct symmetrical markings on his face like Itachi from NARUTO. Why would Konomi give the guy such detail lol. I totally expected to see them play. Can think why Konomi would do this.

And the whole Court System in general. None of it was that relevant to the current storyline. In fact, its irrelevant to the current storyline.
    I dont even get why he made the Court 1 system anymore.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

With this photo, I should have known the 3rd Court would become fodder. Konomi was comparing them to the other photo he drew. The MS version has only 2 players that are not fodder (Ryoma and Shiraishi). While the HS version has Irie, Tokugawa and Oni.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/54/14

He is so quick to throw away characters lol.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

And why is Yagyuu in BJB uniform? Bottom left.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/55/10
    You should've known that they'd become fodder. :P

As to why Yagyuu's in a BJB uniform, I have no idea.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sisco's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i saw the majority of guys from court 1 becoming fodder from a mile away lol. idk why it's like, they barely got much focus anyway aside from tokugawa, oni and irie. even when he showed pictures of them "slightly" they didn't get much focus. the series is mostly about the MIDDLE SCHOOLERS and top tier high schoolers, so the match between the top ten and oringial 1st stringers i didn't really seeing happening since we didn't care about any of the characters except tokugawa, oni and irie.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    i saw the majority of guys from court 1 becoming fodder from a mile away lol. idk why it's like, they barely got much focus anyway aside from tokugawa, oni and irie. even when he showed pictures of them "slightly" they didn't get much focus. the series is mostly about the MIDDLE SCHOOLERS and top tier high schoolers, so the match between the top ten and oringial 1st stringers i didn't really seeing happening since we didn't care about any of the characters except tokugawa, oni and irie.
    The way he even created a list and thought up names for them, I was hoping we could see an actual full HSer VS HSer in this series. Guess we will have to wait for Byoudouin VS Tokugawa then. Hoping that isnt a OnePage Kill.

We gonna see Dai-Senpai?

http://www.mangareader.net/343-58611...hapter-38.html

Why do it Konomi? Its such a randomly useless thing to do haha.
    Hahaa, didnt see Washio and Suzuki getting instant fodderization coming. They looked completely awesome defeating the 2Wings despite the 2wings not playing together for over a year.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The way he even created a list and thought up names for them, I was hoping we could see an actual full HSer VS HSer in this series. Guess we will have to wait for Byoudouin VS Tokugawa then. Hoping that isnt a OnePage Kill.

We gonna see Dai-Senpai?

http://www.mangareader.net/343-58611...hapter-38.html

Why do it Konomi? Its such a randomly useless thing to do haha.
    Hahaa, didnt see Washio and Suzuki getting instant fodderization coming. They looked completely awesome defeating the 2Wings despite the 2wings not playing together for over a year.
    Sorry if I'm slow, but who is Dai-senpai?

And why was Suzuki Shun and Washio Issa mentioned as OBs in this thread? o_o

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Sorry if I'm slow, but who is Dai-senpai?

And why was Suzuki Shun and Washio Issa mentioned as OBs in this thread? o_o
    U-17 Camp and OB's. Washio and Suzuki are members of the U-17 Camp no?

Thats what I wanna know. Why would Konomi have them say Dai-Senpai as if he will introduce him soon, but then forgets about him completely. He has never done that before.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

But Dai isn't important, they mentioned it because they didn't play together for a while, but I think Dai is fodder lol.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

U-17 Camp and OB's. Washio and Suzuki are members of the U-17 Camp no?

Thats what I wanna know. Why would Konomi have them say Dai-Senpai as if he will introduce him soon, but then forgets about him completely. He has never done that before.
    So they're only U-17 people and not OBs, right? I got a bit confused when they were mentioned in this thread about OBs

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast