Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Naruto won't become Hokage and will die with Sasuke

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Naruto won't become Hokage and will die with Sasuke

Well, the tailed beasts are masses of hatred because people used them as weapons and instruments for war. It is because of people that they need a one big ass chill-pill. I'm sure that Naruto wants, not just Kyuubi, but all the tailed beasts to live freely on their own without being used for violence and domination. I imagine, when this war is over and if Naruto doesn't die, Kyuubi will be so infatuated by Naruto that he'll stay as his pet and start loving Konoha as his own. Which would be pretty cool. Sasuke will definitely conclude whether Naruto lives or dies but how will Kishimito picture that, we'll see soon enough.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Well, the tailed beasts are masses of hatred because people used them as weapons and instruments for war. It is because of people that they need a one big ass chill-pill. I'm sure that Naruto wants, not just Kyuubi, but all the tailed beasts to live freely on their own without being used for violence and domination. I imagine, when this war is over and if Naruto doesn't die, Kyuubi will be so infatuated by Naruto that he'll stay as his pet and start loving Konoha as his own. Which would be pretty cool. Sasuke will definitely conclude whether Naruto lives or dies but how will Kishimito picture that, we'll see soon enough.
    Since Naruto will now face Sasuke with the intent to kill and not convince, I doubt Sasuke will have such an easy time facing Naruto such as to be able to "decide whether he lives or dies". Their fight at the Valley of the End ended the way it did because Naruto, unlike Sasuke, wasn't fighting to the death. Only upon defeating Naruto did Sasuke decide to not kill him - and he only did so because he went against Itachi's wishes in killing his best friend. I think that Sasuke's fate lies in Naruto's hands, and not the other way around. We've seen how strong Naruto's become, and he's yet to be a perfect jinchuuriki or complete the Bijuu Bomb. Sasuke's already reached his highest level - EMS. Naruto's still got more leveling up to do. That says a lot.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Since Naruto will now face Sasuke with the intent to kill and not convince, I doubt Sasuke will have such an easy time facing Naruto such as to be able to "decide whether he lives or dies". Their fight at the Valley of the End ended the way it did because Naruto, unlike Sasuke, wasn't fighting to the death. Only upon defeating Naruto did Sasuke decide to not kill him - and he only did so because he went against Itachi's wishes in killing his best friend. I think that Sasuke's fate lies in Naruto's hands, and not the other way around. We've seen how strong Naruto's become, and he's yet to be a perfect jinchuuriki or complete the Bijuu Bomb. Sasuke's already reached his highest level - EMS. Naruto's still got more leveling up to do. That says a lot.
    Agreed. Naruto and Sasuke are basically sons of Sage Of The Six Paths. Their clash will be legendary. Tracking down how much Naruto has improved in the last 50 chapters, not even Sasuke's EMS doesn't look that cool and strong in front of his growth, and like you said, he'll become even stronger. If Naruto beats Tobi now, imagine how powerful Naruto and Sasuke will actually be in their fight. Madara and Hashirama would probably wet their pants.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, every battle has to be more epic than the previous one. Naruto faced Pain and that was pretty much his last battle until now. So the only way to up that ante was to face another 6 paths, but with 6 jinchuuriki instead of corpses and a teleporting, phasing shell-of-a-former-self instead of a megalomaniacal cripple. Granted, Naruto has KillerBee to save his ass now, but back then he'd summon the toad bosses to help him and Hinata jumped in and saved his ass. So basically, this battle has everything necessary to anticipate the epicness!

Since Sasuke's gonna be the supposed final match with Naruto, it's gotta be greater than all of Naruto's previous matches combined (Zabuza, Haku, Kiba, Neji, Gaara, Kimimaro, Sasuke, Deidara, Orochimaru, Kakuzu, Pain, and Tobi).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Kirby
    Since Naruto will now face Sasuke with the intent to kill and not convince, I doubt Sasuke will have such an easy time facing Naruto such as to be able to "decide whether he lives or dies".

That's not the case. Naruto never said he was going to try to kill Sasuke, he said they were both going to die. Huge difference. He'll fight with everything he has to stop him, short of killing him, but his death could still result from the fight without him actively trying to murder him, which is the case (overexhaustion, some dumb mistake, betrayal by an ally).

Quote Quote:
    Their fight at the Valley of the End ended the way it did because Naruto, unlike Sasuke, wasn't fighting to the death. Only upon defeating Naruto did Sasuke decide to not kill him - and he only did so because he went against Itachi's wishes in killing his best friend. I think that Sasuke's fate lies in Naruto's hands, and not the other way around.

'Fraid not. If you mean fate, neither are in control or else only one of them would die when they fight. With all of Naruto's greater strength the future-seeing toad saw that they will both die. So did Naruto in that BS epiphany they had when they clashed jutsu. He's stronger, no doubt. But strength is hardly the deciding factor in a manga where ninja die from poison, disease, chakra stealing and ally summoning.

As for Sasuke only winning because Naruto held back: no. The most Naruto could've hoped for is a draw at that point, and after the Kyuubi took control you can't use the excuse that he wasn't going for the kill, because he wasn't in control when the shroud sprouted a full tail. And when they both hit at the same time, the only attack Naruto could still manage was a headshot.

Quote Quote:
    We've seen how strong Naruto's become, and he's yet to be a perfect jinchuuriki or complete the Bijuu Bomb. Sasuke's already reached his highest level - EMS. Naruto's still got more leveling up to do. That says a lot.

We've yet to see what Sasuke's EMS grants him. It could be as simple as a greater chakra reserve or a single offensive jutsu... or as grand as an S/T jutsu or supplimentary powerup ala Chakra Mode. There'd be no reason to leave Naruto more time to grow if he was strong enough to win as he is without us seeing the new power Sasuke's gained from EMS.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    We've yet to see what Sasuke's EMS grants him. It could be as simple as a greater chakra reserve or a single offensive jutsu... or as grand as an S/T jutsu or supplimentary powerup ala Chakra Mode. There'd be no reason to leave Naruto more time to grow if he was strong enough to win as he is without us seeing the new power Sasuke's gained from EMS.
    That's my point. Sasuke already reached his peak - whatever it may be. Naruto's still got a ways to get there. It's not gonna be a piece of cake for Sasuke. Period. I don't think it ever was. If Naruto were so inferior to Sasuke he wouldn't've almost had a draw at the Valley of the End. When Sasuke started training under Orochimaru then he surpassed Naruto a hundred fold. But after Naruto learned the Rasenshuriken and Kyuubi Mode, all bets are off.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto really doesn't have that far to go. "Befriending" the Kyuubi isn't really gonna change anything at this point aside from possibly giving him the ability to fully transform. The only new upgrade he has left is to actually master the Bijuu Rasengan.

And VotE pretty much did show how uneven they were.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Transforming into the Kyuubi is what Naruto needs to manage against Sasuke's Susano'o. It's practically a necessity.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like it would be a real bad idea. Sasuke already showed he can manage against a transformed Jinchuuriki and such large being like the Kyuubi would make an easy target for his arrows. I'm not seeing any advantage in transforming, especially since it's been made clear he's gonna gain the usage of the Bijuu Blast as his Bijuu Rasengan, eliminating the one advantage of transforming.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto might be a bigger target but I doubt the Kyuubi's gonna be that easy to damage by Susano'o's arrows. If anything, the weakness of transforming is Amaterasu.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Kirby
    That's my point. Sasuke already reached his peak - whatever it may be. Naruto's still got a ways to get there. It's not gonna be a piece of cake for Sasuke. Period. I don't think it ever was. If Naruto were so inferior to Sasuke he wouldn't've almost had a draw at the Valley of the End. When Sasuke started training under Orochimaru then he surpassed Naruto a hundred fold. But after Naruto learned the Rasenshuriken and Kyuubi Mode, all bets are off.

Again, how are you convinced we know Sasuke's at his peak when we haven't seen the upwards limit of his power when his EMS is active? It's like saying Sasuke's usage of Amaterasu is his peak of MS mastery, before even finding out that he has access to Susanoo. Hidden power aside, we also don't even know how much stronger his Susanoo is now that it's achieved it's full armored form. And look at Amaterasu: learning it wasn't the peak of mastery. Creating Enton and manipulating it to it's whim... THAT was mastery of it. It's like you're saying Naruto having Chakra Mode isn't his peak because there's new abilities to learn from it (which I agree with). But you won't accept that Sasuke also hasn't reached his peak because there's something new out there for him to learn from his EMS (both learning it, then mastering it down the road in battle like all his other MS abilities).

Why is it different for Naruto, when Naruto's growth is already defined/confined to Bijuudama, Genjutsu defense, and full Kyuubi transformation, while Sasuke's growth can be literally ANYTHING?

And I never said that beating Naruto was a walk in the park. It's just Sasuke's always ahead because he's flatout better, whether by an inch or a mile. He has ways to defeat ninja faster than him. He has ways to defeat ninja with more stamina than him. Naruto hasn't shown anything that isn't counterable thanks to regular MS, let alone EMS. Also, you're getting ahead of yourself by saying "Sasuke's hit his limit, but Naruto hasn't, so he's gonna eventually become too much for Sasuke to handle". You don't know what he can handle. None of us do.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if Sasuke is always ahead of Naruto. Generally, he has spent much time ahead of Naruto, but that his been questionable at different periods in the manga. For instance, during the Chuunin exam, Naruto appeared to have completely surpassed Sasuke, and it seemed to be highlighted during the Gaara fight, though some may argue Sasuke was still ahead (I would definitely not agree). Additionally, after the Pain fight, another indicator of level was Zetsu's comment that Naruto might be out front. Sasuke didn't have Susanoo active around that time, so he clearly increased after, but it isn't clear whether it brought him to Naruto, or allowed him to pass Naruto. My opinion is that Sasuke and Naruto were even as of the team 7 reunion, and that that Naruto is ahead at the moment but only because Sasuke's post-EMS ability or abilities have not been revealed. Once they are shown, there will likely be a tie again or Sasuke will have a clearly dominant lead over Naruto.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the measuring stick being used. Overall worth, or destructive force/strength alone. That said, I don't think there's a single poster here who thought Chuunin Exams Naruto could defeat Chuunin Exams Sasuke in a fight. And if they did that'd make for a... colorful debate in the arena thread. It's like I say in every "Sasuke or Naruto" thread that's ever been made here. Naruto's always trumped Sasuke in the power department, but that's never made him better than him, as Sasuke always had something that made that power neglegable (or atleast manageable), or was always superior in far more areas than just "hitting really hard". Chiefly in the speed department.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think it would be unreasonable to just declare Sasuke as permanently ahead from the beginning to now when there are indications that there were times when Naruto pulled ahead. Using the entirety of the manga as a measuring stick, I think most objective people would stay that Sasuke has been out front the overwhelming majority of the time with Naruto closing in and even enjoying periods of being out front.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way Sasuke "surpassed" Naruto was in intelligence. However, Naruto is no longer just a brawling moron. Also, in all of Naruto's recent fights he's used his brain. Sasuke is no longer fighting intelligently. He's just spamming the Mangekyou. Now that it's eternal, he won't have to worry about going blind - just chakra depletion. So now it's basically established that Sasuke's gonna spam the Mangekyou even more. So whatever advantages Sasuke had over Naruto in battle intelligence is no longer such an insurpassable gap. So the debate will always be hot because Naruto is no longer (if he ever were) a pushover to Sasuke. The only time I could've called it hands down Sasuke wiping the floor with Naruto was when they caught up to Orochimaru at the beginning of Shippuuden. After that, and Naruto leveled up a lot, it's anybody's fight.

What we've yet to see is Sasuke use his new abilities. Showing them off isn't a leveling up. He's not gonna level up anymore. Period. He's reached his peak. We've just to see his abilities. Naruto hasn't reached his peak yet. That simple.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast