Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hideout by Kakizaki Masasumi

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hideout by Kakizaki Masasumi

Hideout
    By: Kakizaki Masasumi
    Genre: Horror
    Serialized In: Big Comic Spirits
    Mangaupdates

It is a very dark night. Under a heavy rain, a determined man sets out to track his terrified victim. The decision of Kirishima Seiichi is clear: Tonight, he will kill his wife.

A year ago, he was a happy man - a successful writer, a contented husband, and a father of a young boy... at that time, everything seemed going well for him. But such happiness had to end. The day his editor put an end to their collaboration, darkness seeped into his life faster than a bullet. A terrifying descent into hell commences, page by page of what it seems to be his last novel...

By the Mangaka of Rainbow
    Last edited by Josef K.; January 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hideout by Kakizaki Masasumi

So this ran during 2010? And the mangaka already has started a new series this year? Wow, truly amazing, when I was at page 42 or something I just knew that he was going to be their "dead" son, which is awesome considering I first thought of him as a monster and I though the whole dead soldiers thing might turn into a zombie thing. But this is great. Even though a zombie thing is sure to happen.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the entire serialization lasted a couple of months and there was enough time between the end of Rainbow and beginning of serialization that he completed the entire series before serialization began.

Chapter 2 was mind blowing, dispelling any notion that this will be typical horror manga. The story is becoming increasingly creepy and sinister, the art and pace are almost perfect for the story. Hideout reminds me more of Hitchcock, the Ring, or other serious horror/suspense movies, rather than horror manga. I'm already craving chapter 3.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So the little kid set up those strings? Or was it the old manga? Is he supposed to be a genius or something? Their little boy was not the only zombie to emerge it seems, that means we can expect more characters with background stories and flashbacks.

Yeah it should be a fun and short ride with this one but it will be good.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 3 is out, and a little more is revealed:

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems Kotonoha picked this up and has already released it up to chapter 7, that seems to be all of volume one or?

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the scanned table of contents that I saw, there's going to be chapter 8 and a 'Last Chapter'. Despite this being incredibly interesting, it seems that the main character lacks substance in character for being inconsistent. From feeling grief and hopelessness (from his past to his current state before deceiving the child), he suddenly possessed that kind of courage to kill. But I guess a person is allowed to feel and do everything when terror arises, because surviving is the only thing that matters.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Hideout by Kakizaki Masasumi

The main character really is weird in the way he changes his own personality, it seems at first we see him calm and then he suddenly is mad and angry then hopeless and his back-story proving more of what we previously thought of him. I just hope he will not go back to being "weaker" like he was with his wife, I guess one can say she wore the pants in the family. If he keeps his crazy fighter attitude he might just appear cooler and cooler.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Hideout by Kakizaki Masasumi

I must say, the ending was good in a way that if it doesn't end like that, the horror factor of the story will be over. The reason is evident why the main character chose how he wanted to live after killing that monster. Overall, nice.

New Reply