Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Evangeline's Curse

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Evangeline's Curse

So I was just thinking about when Evangeline is going to finally be released from her curse & be able to use her powers to the fullest in the real world, not just in that miniature training place.
    These lasts few chapters it seemed like so many things are going to happen with the end of the school year & everyone is going to graduate & go to high school, then it hit me, the spell used by the Thousand Master on Eva is Infernus Scholasticus, it was originally conceived to force rebellious children to attend school, I'm guessing that he used this specific spell so she can try to live & interact with other people but since she didn't care about all that, she probably never attended class but this year, with Negi being the teacher I bet she is actually gonna graduate & that might just be the condition to fulfill in order for the curse to be lifted !
    What do you guys think ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Evangeline's Curse

first, sounds awesome,

second, now that you mention that, HOW THE HECK IS EVA USING HER MOST POWERFUL TECHS WHEN ITS NOT EVEN THE FULL TREE?!? (other than using magia erebia).

third, (# objection time!# ), If Nagi did use Infernus Scholasticus, first Eva would have been signed up as a student before, with someone's consent. Second, she would have been forced to study and care for academics (making it a charm spell).

Nagi is a buffoon to make a charm spell, but a school binding spell sounds more legit. And that is because she almost made it out when the school's power supply was down. The spell should be something like: Saeptus Ludum. If indeed Nagi made it a requirement to for her to care for others while at school, and actually attempt schooling, then fake-Nagi would have not said to have forgotten to unseal her, implying there is no other method to release her from the school (of course I am not accounting for the blood-identity renounce of a spell (what she was doing to Negi)).

Still, nice idea. Ken may actually apply the idea for this manga, in another way (have the old principal, retiring now, vindicate Eva of the school, meeting her requirements as a student to mahora, to study abroad for all eternity, reporting once a year her "findings").
    Last edited by bebuxe; November 20, 2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: more fun
    two ads this time

and visit http://hitana.deviantart.com/ , she has some inspiring pics. esp. "Yummy-75464373".

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Fake Nagi knew how to remove the curse he wasn't going to tell her to attend school & graduate, he wants her to do so without it being for the purpose to remove the curse, but so she can have fun etc, telling her the way won't change her.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it won't change. And I agree that the point of sealing her was for her to learn to care for others as well. To this day, she still hasn't. She think of Negi as her own pupil, someone who can surpass her and fulfill her desire/art.

But my objection was to Nagi using a Charm spell. Or even a requirement lke an enchantment (what you are referring to).
    Last edited by bebuxe; November 22, 2011 at 08:25 PM.
    two ads this time

and visit http://hitana.deviantart.com/ , she has some inspiring pics. esp. "Yummy-75464373".

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm.. isn't usually concept of charm magic that caster's willpower (or whatever you might call it) has to be stronger than that of it's victim?
    well even if this isn't the case - aren't usually vampires (or all undead for the matter) immune to charm-like spells and effects?

Furthermore - Eva's tried to undo the curse for some time so if all it took was attend and successfully graduate, I think she would have gone with this... she said she spent decades by herself before so I don't think that it would be that much trouble for her

Also if I remember, when fake-nagi manifested at the tournament, he said "解きに行けてないのか俺?" - something like "didn't i come to undo it?"... which makes it look like there is need for active involvement of a kind and that it's not going to end by itself

So I think that it's more like barrier-type or binding spell which apparently seals usage of magic to some degree (like those binding sagitta magica - that neither Fate nor Eva could free themselves from when bound).

Though Ken's concept of magic theory is different from other in some aspects, it's reasonable to believe that he would take "curse" as something one has to have chance to get out of on his own (which is is quite common in mythology) well story-making-wise it's easier to build on the premise that one has possibility to free himself... although... when I think about it....

You could think about this "curse" more like seal...
    During the power outage barrier shut down and Eva regained her powers, when she was in Kyoto - out of bounds of the barrier she regained her powers and when it was disabled during school festival, those 6 demon gods got unsealed and Eva regained her powers yet again. So isn't it possible that what actually happened is that Nagi "left mark" on Eva, which would include her in targets to be sealed by the barrier and the only difference between her and them is that demons apparently live on another plane which means that for manifesting in this plane their form is maintained by magic - hence they petrify when magic source is cut. there are some inconsistencies though.. there is said that Eva has "bit" of her magic even inside the barrier, but that might be just because she's one of the most powerful beings in existence and barrier's output can't suppress her powers completely... and principal had to keep sign/stamping those forms for her to get outside, but that might be just so she could go outside and not actually for releasing her power...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also the demon that was responsible for petrifying Negi's home town & the slime girls had no problem whatso ever doing there thing on school grounds.
    It's time to prove to your friends you're worth a damn; sometimes that means dying, sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.

New Reply