Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh Hello There.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KaitouYahiko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Hello There.

Hi~ How are you all? My name is KaitouYahiko, but you can call me Kaitou, Yahiko, or Kai, whichever you like best. Anyway, I found out about this forum from another forum, and after browsing through it for awhile I found it to be a very cool place with a variety of different topics that are both helpful and fun. So I thought I'd register, and do... Something... I don't know. Anyway, I hope we'll have some fun~

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oh Hello There.

Hello Kai! Is it from db kai?!
    Yeah, Mh is fine entertainment
    Quote Quote:
    and do... Something... I don't know
    Since you've started a thread, be ready to answer questions.
    Before that, awesome sig

What's your favorite anime?
    Favorite manga?
    Do you listen to jpop/rock?
    Eh those are the standard questions I always ask.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Hello Kai! Is it from db kai?!
    Yeah, Mh is fine entertainment

Since you've started a thread, be ready to answer questions.
    Before that, awesome sig

What's your favorite anime?
    Favorite manga?
    Do you listen to jpop/rock?
    Eh those are the standard questions I always ask.
    lol, no. Kai is just a shortened version of Kaitou, which came from Kaitou Kid.

Thanks~ I made the sig myself. I have others, but this was the only one small enough according to the forum rules.

Favorite anime... Hmm.... A lot really, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist (Until the decided to stray from the manga), Hunter X Hunter (2011), all season of Yu-Gi-Oh... Hm.... Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.... Probably others but I can't think right now.
    Favorite manga.... All the anime listed above.
    Yes, I listen to Jpop/rock

Feel free to ask anymore questions~

Edit: Detective Conan too, I likes that.
    Last edited by KaitouYahiko; November 21, 2011 at 06:07 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Detective conan I'm currently reading it.
    Are you up to date? I'm not..the only one that I know is baka.
    Mystery is such an amazing genre
    Do you want to take part in our sig contest? We need sig makers
    Quote Quote:
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist (Until the decided to stray from the manga), Hunter X Hunter (2011),
    Good choices, sir.
    But aren't all of them from mangas? Any one of those that is just anime alone?
    Fav j-band?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Detective conan I'm currently reading it.
    Are you up to date? I'm not..the only one that I know is baka.
    Mystery is such an amazing genre
    Do you want to take part in our sig contest? We need sig makers

Good choices, sir.
    But aren't all of them from mangas? Any one of those that is just anime alone?
    Fav j-band?
    I currently am up to date with Detective Conan took me awhile because when I started reading it there was a good 600 or so chapters... I do like it though, I've always had a thing for mystery.

Sig contest~? I could totally try.

Also, I would be a Ma'am or Miss.
    As for an anime that didn't have a manga first.... I'm not sure. I may have seen one, but I can't think of any off the top of my head...
    Fav J-band... Hm.... That's a though one... Ones I can think of right now would be UVERworld, LM.C, Monkey Majik, One OK Rock, and some other I'm sure I'm forgetting...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you play the guessing game while reading DC? (Haha..weird question )
    It's like how I do it when conan figures everything out, I stop reading and start thinking and start mentally deducing/guessing.
    I won't really call it guessing..and when conan points out the culprit, I see if I'm correct or not.
    that's the best thing I like about mystery, it's like a game.

Oh okay, I can't believe I got that wrong..I think its because of your sig so I think you're a male <_<
    Now I see why you like reborn

Hmm..LM.C is starting to grow on me. Esp the love song by them. UVERWorld is my all-time favorite and I guess everyone that likes jpop likes them too.
    I don't see naruto on your list, I'm not a huge narufan but I still wonder why.

Oh right, this is our sig contest thread. I'm currently making the sig for this..you should really join, it's a fabulous theme.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do generally try to guess, but I'm not right all that often.

lol People usually assume me male because of my username, so I'm used to it.
    Ha... Are all KHR fans girls? (5927 all the way.... Pretend you didn't read that.)

As for Naruto, I actually kinda hate it. I watched the anime all the way to Shippuden, and read the manga to about Pain/Pein, but I got bored and found the story to be boring. I like One Piece a lot better.

I may enter that contest... Gonna either have to make a new sig, or modify an old one...

Also, I just remembered. Technically Yu-Gi-Oh GX and Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's are anime I've seen that don't have a manga. Kinda. Both GX and 5D's started before the manga did. So the anime was around before the manga, they both also have very different stories than their anime/manga counterpart.
    Last edited by KaitouYahiko; November 21, 2011 at 07:07 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaitouYahiko View Post
    I do generally try to guess, but I'm not right all that often.
    Do you read agatha books?
    I'm mostly 50% right/wrong..I need to get smarter
    Quote Quote:
    lol People usually assume me male because of my username, so I'm used to it.
    I should apologize. I'm sorry

Quote Quote:
    Ha... Are all KHR fans girls? (5927 all the way.... Pretend you didn't read that.)

I'm not a girl. not exactly a fan either.

Quote Quote:
    As for Naruto, I actually kinda hate it. I watched the anime all the way to Shippuden, and read the manga to about Pain/Pein, but I got bored and found the story to be boring. I like One Piece a lot better.
    I'm not the one to talk about naruto, but I can always talk about one piece
    However, I thought pain was a great arc(J-man!) but I guess opinions differ.
    I don't see bleach on your list, I bet you don't want to talk about that one too

Quote Quote:
    Also, I just remembered. Technically Yu-Gi-Oh GX and Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's are anime I've seen that don't have a manga. Kinda. Both GX and 5D's started before the manga did. So the anime was around before the manga, they both also have very different stories than their anime/manga counterpart.
    Is yu-gi-oh worth my time investment ?
    Do you watch the one airing now? The one airing have an ending song sang by a band from my country
    I'm proud of theme tho I don't even know or care about them..really.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I've never read Agatha Christie books

No need to apologize. ^_^

I don't really like Bleach either, but it's for a different reason than Naruto. I got to the Hueco Mundo Arc right after Ichigo beat Grimmjow, and then they had filler. It was kinda confusing and annoying. I've never read the manga, so I can't judge that. I did think about picking Bleach up again though. I just find the filler boring...

As for Yu-Gi-Oh, it depends. I've you've seen the first one dubbed I wouldn't recommend watching it subbed. You'll probably get annoyed with Yugi's voice. However, GX was a good season if you ask me. Judai's (Jaden) happy demeanor kept me watching, but once you hit the 4th season everything explodes into "OMG what happens next?" and the suspense keeps you watching. After the 4th season though it gets kinda boring because they rushed the ending to get 5D's out. Which leads me to 5D's. Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is the darkest Yu-Gi-Oh so far. The main characters come from a part of the city that's been devastated by an explosion when they were kids. They manage to live to be adults, but the place they live in is really, one big dump. Each arc is pretty interesting and more suspenseful. The filler between the first and second arc was a bit boring though. And now we get to Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal, a lot of people say it's the worst Yu-Gi-Oh season so far, but I personally, love it. It's a bit reminiscent to the original Yu-Gi-Oh but still unique. The main character may annoy you, but I just find him funny. It's a bit different from other Yu-Gi-Oh though, because for once, the main character actually SUCKS at dueling. While ZeXal may seem to be the most childish Yu-Gi-Oh so far, if you keep watching, you'll actually see it can get pretty dark. I have a feeling we've just touched the tip of the iceberg with ZeXal, I think it'll get darker, and better.

But in the end, it's really your choice. Do you like card games? Go for it. Do you think card games saving the world is stupid? Give it a shot. Wow... That's a lot of typing...

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to mh Kai and awesome entry in the bi weekly sig contest.

You can make the sigs up to 600 x in width or 200x in height or as small as you need.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks~

Usually my sigs are about 250 in height, and only about 400 or so in width. It kinda depends on the render. ^_^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

hei man welcome to MH, saw you in FF some time ago right?
    visit more often if you can
    till then

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks~ I'll try to stay around and post when I can. ^_^

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaitouYahiko View Post
    No, I've never read Agatha Christie books
    Is detective conan is the only mystery thing you've read? I think it's a pretty dumb question, but you're my best bet for someone who's in to mystery <_<

Quote Quote:
    I don't really like Bleach either, but it's for a different reason than Naruto. I got to the Hueco Mundo Arc right after Ichigo beat Grimmjow, and then they had filler. It was kinda confusing and annoying. I've never read the manga, so I can't judge that. I did think about picking Bleach up again though. I just find the filler boring..
    Lol, half of the bleach anime is filler thanks to kubo pace.
    So you liked it up to ichigo and grimmjow fight?

Quote Quote:
    As for Yu-Gi-Oh, it depends. I've you've seen the first one dubbed I wouldn't recommend watching it subbed. You'll probably get annoyed with Yugi's voice. However, GX was a good season if you ask me. Judai's (Jaden) happy demeanor kept me watching, but once you hit the 4th season everything explodes into "OMG what happens next?" and the suspense keeps you watching. After the 4th season though it gets kinda boring because they rushed the ending to get 5D's out. Which leads me to 5D's. Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is the darkest Yu-Gi-Oh so far. The main characters come from a part of the city that's been devastated by an explosion when they were kids. They manage to live to be adults, but the place they live in is really, one big dump. Each arc is pretty interesting and more suspenseful. The filler between the first and second arc was a bit boring though. And now we get to Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal, a lot of people say it's the worst Yu-Gi-Oh season so far, but I personally, love it. It's a bit reminiscent to the original Yu-Gi-Oh but still unique. The main character may annoy you, but I just find him funny. It's a bit different from other Yu-Gi-Oh though, because for once, the main character actually SUCKS at dueling. While ZeXal may seem to be the most childish Yu-Gi-Oh so far, if you keep watching, you'll actually see it can get pretty dark. I have a feeling we've just touched the tip of the iceberg with ZeXal, I think it'll get darker, and better.
    Uh..the only thing I know about Yu-Gi-Oh is the people who used to play them in school and the anime that was dubbed and airing over here.
    This guy had blond-purple hair and an alter-ego or something. That was the show that made yugioh popular here. I bet it's the first yu-gi-oh or something.
    From what you said..the series seems to be constantly exploring different moods and themes I was actually expecting yu-gi-oh to be kiddy but now I've changed my opinion. I'll give the latest one a few episodes when I have the time .
    The one about the kids coming to the city, that's really dark. I want to check that out to.

Quote Quote:
    But in the end, it's really your choice. Do you like card games? Go for it.
    Heard of duel masters ?
    Quote Quote:
    Do you think card games saving the world is stupid? Give it a shot.
    Duel masters never went that far but I dropped it..
    Quote Quote:
    Wow... That's a lot of typing...
    All I see is a hardcore yu-gi-oh fan

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Is detective conan is the only mystery thing you've read? I think it's a pretty dumb question, but you're my best bet for someone who's in to mystery <_<
    No, I've read others. Nothing too old though. I've read some Dean Koontz, and Mary Higgins Clark.

Quote Quote:
    Lol, half of the bleach anime is filler thanks to kubo pace.
    So you liked it up to ichigo and grimmjow fight?
    I did like it up till then, and have recently considered starting it again, but I may just read the manga instead.

Quote Quote:
    Uh..the only thing I know about Yu-Gi-Oh is the people who used to play them in school and the anime that was dubbed and airing over here.
    This guy had blond-purple hair and an alter-ego or something. That was the show that made yugioh popular here. I bet it's the first yu-gi-oh or something.
    From what you said..the series seems to be constantly exploring different moods and themes I was actually expecting yu-gi-oh to be kiddy but now I've changed my opinion. I'll give the latest one a few episodes when I have the time .
    The one about the kids coming to the city, that's really dark. I want to check that out to.
    Yeah, most people tend to think of it as childish. But it really isn't. And yeah, guy with purple hair and alter ego was the first Yu-Gi-Oh... Kinda. Don't feel like explaining Season Zero. 5D's was the darkest season so far. ZeXal, the newest season, is a bit childish in the beginning, but when you get to the whole "soul stealing" thing it gets a bit darker. Still, it isn't as dark as 5D's. Yet. I expect it to get darker later on.

Quote Quote:
    Heard of duel masters ?
    Yes. Never watched it though.

Quote Quote:
    All I see is a hardcore yu-gi-oh fan
    I love me some Yu-Gi-Oh. ^_^

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast