Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Doubles Matches that should have happened

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MochiRoll's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Doubles Matches that should have happened

Okey, so, going back on the first few chapters of Shin PoT, they were first told to pair up into groups of two. It was easy to assume that doubles matches would happen then. But few pages later, it was revealed that there wouldn't be any doubles matches but singles matches between the partners that just teamed up.

It was a pretty interesting twist. But, what if those were really doubles matches. Which doubles team would you like to go against another pair?

Here are the doubles pair that were formed:
    Spoiler show

My pick would have to include:
    Inui and Mizuki vs Niou and Yagyuu- Tricks, datas, schemes... this is brain explosion.

Tezuka and Kaidou vs Atobe and Hiyoshi- I just really am curious of how Atobe and Tezuka fare in doubles. And there're no better partners to do it with but their successors.
    Last edited by MochiRoll; November 21, 2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added prefix

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doubles Matches that should have happened

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuca View Post
    Okey, so, going back on the first few chapters of Shin PoT, they were first told to pair up into groups of two. It was easy to assume that doubles matches would happen then. But few pages later, it was revealed that there wouldn't be any doubles matches but singles matches between the partners that just teamed up.

It was a pretty interesting twist. But, what if those were really doubles matches. Which doubles team would you like to go against another pair?

Here are the doubles pair that were formed:
    Spoiler show

My pick would have to be:
    Inui and Mizuki vs Niou and Yagyuu- Tricks, datas, schemes... this is brain explosion.

Tezuka and Kaidou vs Atobe and Hiyoshi- I just really am curious of how Atobe and Tezuka fare in doubles. And there're no better partners to do it with but their successors.
    Yours are really great, but I'd like to add some
    Yanagi/Niou vs Yanagi/Akaya- I want to see how Yanagi/Akaya respond to Niou's trolling and the laser
    Sanada/Yukimura vs Eiji/Oishi- On paper, Golden pair will get wrecked but I want to see synchro vs two of the best singles players. I hope that the Golden Pair would put up a fight by destroying their teamwork or something, eh, that still isn't enough
    Silver Pair vs Champion Pair- I love good double matches, and this looks like a fantastic one
    Kintarou/Chitose vs Anyone because I really want to see kin-chan in a doubles match

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
    Silver Pair vs Champion Pair- I love good double matches, and this looks like a fantastic one
    I'm sorry but Champion Pair consists of whom? I haven't heard of this title.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, it's Bunta/Jackal. Didn't mean to cause confusion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryoma/Tezuka vs Atobe/Sanada God Pair wins

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

@LethalHawk- Hmm. For this thread you only got to choose from those doubles pair that were formed in Shin PoT when they were asked by the coaches.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh sorry lol, then

Inui/Mizuki vs Yanagi/Kirihara
    Kawamura/Akutsu vs Atobe/Hiyoshi

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically, while you all might have missed this point, Tezuka is no fun to ever see in a doubles match.

Tezuka just goes TnK and plays singles. 24 straight points won, and that's the match.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Technically, while you all might have missed this point, Tezuka is no fun to ever see in a doubles match.

Tezuka just goes TnK and plays singles. 24 straight points won, and that's the match.
    About Tezuka, yes he is godlike, but don't think he is the strongest, there will be two or three high schoolers that are stronger than him around the world (imagine that he becomes the vice captain of the Germany team and the captain is stronger than him). Also, by the end of the manga, Echizen will be the best and surpass him, so I think it's too soon to say that he is the strongest, Konomi has yet to introduce new characters and some of them are going to be stronger than Tezuka (meaning that they can beat TnK without much problem).
    Last edited by LetalHawk; November 26, 2011 at 04:36 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Doubt it LetalHawk.
    The fact that Konomi let Tezuka walk over Fuji, which doesnt happen, I think he hinted that Tezuka will forever be a beast.

Dont think too much about other countries yet, since we all know Echizen will be the best. And the final will likely be with USA.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but the world is very big, I am saying that Tezuka it's not the world's No.1, there has to be at least 3 persons of another countries stronger than him, it's pointless if Konomi pretends to make Tezuka the strongest character of Shin.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Konomi is such a bastard and will introduce the strongest character in Shin in the future, at least I hope he does so ^^

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Yeah, but the world is very big, I am saying that Tezuka it's not the world's No.1, there has to be at least 3 persons of another countries stronger than him, it's pointless if Konomi pretends to make Tezuka the strongest character of Shin.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Konomi is such a bastard and will introduce the strongest character in Shin in the future, at least I hope he does so ^^
    I argue that eventually Fuji will discover some new method of playing, either a new Counter that can't be broken or an entirely new playstyle, and will finally get his on screen match against Tezuka right near the end of SPoT. Regardless of whether he wins or loses, I expect that the last scene of SPoT will be Echizen surpassing Tezuka for the title of the strongest. I expect that Echizen vs Nanjirou will occur before Echizen vs Tezuka.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post

I can agree.

But then, the point of this thread is the supposed doubles matches that would have occurred at the beginning of Shin. Meaning, Tezuka still yet to achieve PoP. So I think, Pre-PoP Tezuka playing doubles is an interesting idea.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuca View Post
    I can agree.

But then, the point of this thread is the supposed doubles matches that would have occurred at the beginning of Shin. Meaning, Tezuka still yet to achieve PoP. So I think, Pre-PoP Tezuka playing doubles is an interesting idea.
    Even if it's non-TnK Tezuka, it still wouldn't really be doubles. Playing doubles would restrict his playstyle, so he'd be playing singles, even if he ended up against two people.

New Reply