Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • E.S Hody

    16 42.11%
  • Rob Lucci

    22 57.89%
  • Tie

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 117

Thread: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

  1. #46
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    ^I think you grossly understimate the VAs. The VAs are rokushiki and haki users, they should be closer to current luffy than lucci as we last saw him. Heck, if it would really take a couple of VAs to take down lucci then there is no way in hell those two VAs would have landed hits so easily on luffy during the war even if he was exhausted. IMO at least the VAs shown in the double spread will be strong enough to give anyone in the monster trio a run for their money (and honestly, even ivankov feared them and he was able to give sanji the fodder treatment).

    Hodi only took pills against luffy at the end of his fight when luffy took him out with giant gatling. Before that he never took one pill against luffy. Hodi was forced to tank hits not because he was weak but because luffy is monstrously strong. I agree in that hodi is not as good a character as lucci was however your inherently biased comment "his special ability is to eat pills and tank hits" is by no means even a mediocre argument in suggesting that lucci has anywhere near the power to even scratch hodi. Even then, you are forgetting that even before his transformation hodi was strong enough to break through a wall without any momentum whatsoever, he had military training and fishman karate (at least there is no way he could easily dodge the attack which luffy avoided with observation haki). Even if lucci manages to pull a barage of attacks on hodi, he would have to be at it for hours for it to do what you claim it will do and the fact of the matter is that in that scenario a single bite from hodi would rip him appart (lets face it, if luffy with COA was not able to defend from the attack then lucci would be quite literally torn appart by it easily).

  2. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    I think that Lucci is a pretty Reliable threat...

    I don't think the VA's are weak...

    I said the VA's would probably beat Lucci if you read my post correctly...

    ---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

    Anyway, I don't see why it's so hard to see where I am coming from...

    Hody actually didn't do any damage to Luffy on Land... at all... he had no advantage until he went in the water... and even then he still lost...
    Last edited by RezzieThaRapper; November 30, 2011 at 08:04 PM.
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

  3. #48
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Just as Rob Lucci wouldn't have done any damage at all to CoA infused Luffy Imo. So he lost in the end, that's your argument now?!

    You don't respond to 99% of my of kkck's arguments, I don't see why I should care to discuss this any further with you. I see where you're coming from, you just seem to ignore our points. That's highly annoying, over & out.
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 30, 2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  4. #49
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    I think that Lucci is a pretty Reliable threat...

    I don't think the VA's are weak...

    I said the VA's would probably beat Lucci if you read my post correctly...

    ---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

    Anyway, I don't see why it's so hard to see where I am coming from...

    Hody actually didn't do any damage to Luffy on Land... at all... he had no advantage until he went in the water... and even then he still lost...
    well, as far as the VAs we have to put it into context. Lucci is weak to the point of helplessness against people of actual power. This in my book it weak as hell (just as luffy was). If the VAs were at a level where lucci might have a chance however small then yeah, they would be weak to the point of helplessness and it would most definitely not justify why ivankov showed so much fear of their power back at ID (and lets recall this is someone who gave kuma a small pounding).

    The issue is that where you are coming from does not quite add up. So what if hodi did no harm against luffy on land? Is there any reason to believe lucci would actually do any damage to current luffy? Heck, is there any reason at all to suggest luffy would not win against ALL of CP9 with even more ease than against hodi (as it is sure as hell not one of them would stand up after 1 hit)?

  5. #50
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Okay I think you guys have everything I'm saying twisted... in no way am I saying Lucci would beat PT Luffy... he'd be helpless (though not Fodder)

    But I'll change up the way I present my argument as too make it clear...

    This is in the broadest term I can use... A battle of Pre-New World foes... who's levels are drastically lower than someone trained by the Pirate King's Right Hand (Barring Hody the benefit of fighting in the Ocean)

    Think about it like this, Crocodile was beaten in Part One, but that doesn't mean he'll lose to Hody...
    The VA Giant Luffy sent flying was beaten in Part One, but that don't mean he'll lose to Hody...

    Hody is useless on land on a fight against Post Timeskip Luffy, and he probably would have pushed Luffy to a similar limit on Land as other villians in Part One... but Lucci is someone who beat Luffy within literal inches of his life with pure brute force...

    I think you guys are setting the difference of Power between villians between the time-skip to wide...

    Lucci would have trouble initially, think of his advantages, and wear Hody down the rest of the fight...

    And I'm tired of arguing my point... And I'm tired of being called biased... and to the guy who said I'm non-responsive to 99% of the arguments you guys are throwing out, needs to go back and read my other post... this fight is subjective to the fact that Luffy was so overpowered... that the only impressive thing that Oda could write in about Hody is that he is really good at taking hits to the face... no matter how powerful you are, if you can't counter, block, or do anything against speedsters in general, why should I think someone who has the ability to do all that would lose so easily...

    The one's who are not listening to arguments are you guys...

    Now watch you come back with the same argument that means nothing really against an opponent like Lucci...

    He's a tank with no real offensive capabilities... and his only defense against a martial artist of Lucci's caliber is taking his insane amount of hits until he finally gives in...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

  6. #51
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    You are saying hodi has no offensive capacity but that makes no sense whatsoever. Hodi got thrown around because his opponent was luffy, someone with real actual power. Lucci is 100 times weaker than luffy, lucci would unquestionably be defeated by luffy with far more ease than a pacifista because lucci is far weaker than a pacifista (unless you want to argue lucci would be a match for the entire strawhat crew even thought luffy alone defeated him). Lets make a few comparisons to show you what I mean. Zoro, sanji and luffy got defeated by kizaru. Does this mean they do not have offensive capacities? Or does it mean kizaru was simply that strong? Luffy was on the run against mihawk, he did not have a shred of a chance in hell of landing a hit without having the guy cut his arm off or even dealing damage to him. Does that mean luffy had no offensive capacity or does it mean mihawk was just that good? The only way your argument would make sense in this regard is if luffy had a level of strength to which lucci could compare to which is not the case in any imaginable scenario. Luffy right now is simply so much more powerful than what lucci was that it does not even begin to be funny. I don't think you even understand why the pacifista comparison is relevant. You seem to think lucci would actually have a chance in hell against one when every indication the manga has given is that 1 of them would have an easy time with lucci (as they would have had with any strawhat pre time skip). Once all of this is taken into consideration where exactly are lucci's advantages? Physical strength? There is no way lucci can even begin to compare in that regard to hodi. Hodi already showed more than standard super strength and his transformation provided him with a HUGE boost. Plainly impossible. Speed? Hard to argue considering either hodi or lucci would be slow as hell compared to luffy (with the exception that lucci would not stand up to a second punch). Even then, I just can't conceive how you concluded lucci would be so much faster than hodi. IMO lucci would not hold the sort of advantage in speed which you would think he will hold over him and would allow him to deal the thousands of attacks he would need to actually deal real damage (and that is assuming lucci has enough stamina to continually attack for that long with that intensity). Hodi is does not have the mastery lucci has over rokushiki with fishman karate but he does have the moves (he is not just a brawler) and a set of attacks which although beginners move are formidably powerful given the no less than insane physical strength hodi has at his disposal. There is no way in hell lucci would be able to avoid hodi's water arrows with the ease luffy did, he does not have anywhere near luffy speed nor the haki and considering one of those shots has the strength to advance almost 2 kms I would think only one would be extremely damaging to someone like lucci who is merely at the level luffy had before the timeskip.
    Last edited by kkck; December 01, 2011 at 12:04 AM.

  7. #52
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Lucci is 100 times weaker than luffy
    and I rest my case on being biased...

    In fsct this argument isn't going anywhere...

    Lucci is likely capable of squaring off with the weakest of VA's

    Despite the fact that Lucci is at least as strong as Luffy was pre-time skip should be more than enough to say this match will be far more even than you think considering the ease he fought him with prior...

    If you want to use a good argument, my roommate brought one up... and it's good so I'm including it...

    Luffy was still able to defeat Lucci after riding through the super storm, taking out 3,000 marines alone, fighting Bleuno and almost drowning twice (when chimney saved him, lol)

    That type of argument points out the weakness in Lucci...

    not some A defeated B at this LVl. and A defeated C at this level, therefor C can deafeat B... whatever...

    I'm done... for tonight anyway... xD
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

  8. #53
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Well, and what reason do we have to believe that is not the case? We have actually seen several comparisons of the sort and we really have no reason to believe that is not the case. I mean, raileigh was said to be stronger than all the rookies combined (shaky even used the same comparison, 100 times stronger) so wouldn't the case be roughly similar here? We are talking of people inherent a higher tier above.

    The logic of a > b > c does not apply in all cases because different fighters are likely to use different strategies and fighting skills however it works perfectly well when we are talking about people who rely of perfectly measurable things. Luffy, lucci and hodi are straight up fighters who rely on speed, strength and stamina. Speed, strength and stamina are absolute terms, if A is greater than b and be is greater than c there is no absolutely no way in hell c can be greater than A in those aspects. Lucci in fact does not have the sheer strength to take down a pacifista. Hodi in fact possesses immensely superior resistance to a pacifista. Luffy's attacks in fact can take down a pacifista more than easily while they cannot in fact take down hodi. The math here is in fact against lucci, I don't see how that can't possibly be the case.

    More so, I am not trying to point out lucci's weakness but rather just how gargantuan luffy's growth is, I am trying to show how much difference there is between his current tier and the one from before the timeskip. From what you are writing, my impression is that you are grossly overestimating lucci while at the same time grossly underestimating the entire tier in which luffy is at. We saw luffy before the timeskip going up against people on a tier at which he is now and it was not once good for him. What happened when he fought sentoumaru? He got his ass handed to him easily, his gear two attack which was even able to land a hit on lucci was easily deflected. He went up against mihawk and he managed to dodge however it is quite clear mihawk was not really making an effort and attacking would have resulted in a mutilated arm. Nothing of what we have seen suggest hodi in the end is the powerless tank you make him out to be.... The reason hodi's attacks did not work was not because he had no offense, the reason they did not work was because luffy is in such an overwhelmingly higher tier than it barely makes sense.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #54
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    Luffy right now is insanely stronger than what he was back in the day, so much that he is one shooting pacifistas while back then the combined might of his crew was barely a match for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair
    compare the battle with the Pacifista; SHs vs PX-4 and the two Pacifista which were annihilated instantaneously by Sanji, Zoro and Luffy after the skip.
    lol guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak
    nobody questioned that, him being the strong arm of the CP9/Ennies Lobby, but in the end it's just for hyping up Luffys strength and nothing else.
    this^

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    How many shigans would lucci actually have to land to kill hodi? 100? 200? 300? People in one piece don't die from a single hole in their body
    200 shigans? Don't think it's a problem for Lucci..plus..Hody is big,but not this big a 1cm hole*200 times = 2m diameter hole ..thats..kinda....ALOT dont you think?(for example Sanji is 177cm tall)

    And it is good what RezzieThaRapper remember Crocodile,case it is clearly show what your logic guys are wrong. In every post you sayin "Luffy oneshoted pacifista!>Luffy insanely strong!>Luffy didnt oneshoted Hody!>Hody stronger then pacifista!>Pacifista almost oneshoted entire SH crew pretimeskipp>Luffy pretimeskipp defeated alot of peoples!>Hody insanely stronger then any opponent Luffy fought pretimeskipp."
    Thats guys is wrong.
    Crocodile was one of the first who was defeated by Luffy so that means hes a fodder now? No way. I told this already and i will say it again:you guys should stop comparing whom,when and how Luffy defeated and start to think about what Hody gonna do against Lucci and what Lucci gonna do against Hoddy.
    If you atlast start to think in that direction,you will realise Hody have nothing to offer excapt being a meatball with teeths

  11. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,336
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    In every post you sayin "Luffy oneshoted pacifista!>Luffy insanely strong!>Luffy didnt oneshoted Hody!>Hody stronger then pacifista!>Pacifista almost oneshoted entire SH crew pretimeskipp>Luffy pretimeskipp defeated alot of peoples!>Hody insanely stronger then any opponent Luffy fought pretimeskipp."
    Thats guys is wrong.
    I told this already and i will say it again:you guys should stop comparing whom,when and how Luffy defeated and start to think about what Hody gonna do against Lucci and what Lucci gonna do against Hoddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    not some A defeated B at this LVl. and A defeated C at this level, therefor C can deafeat B... whatever...
    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    [...] when your reasoning is "well this fight went this way, and this fight went this way, so I guess this fight has gotta go this way"
    It's my mistake. I thought I was more clear, but apparently I wasn't, so let me explain it more in details.

    You are right, we can't compare each fights and claim A is stronger than C, because C got defeated by B, who was defeated by A. In a fight there are several factors (defence, attack, haki, df etc) which determines the winner and the loser. As once Crocodile pointed out, while Mr3 was facing with his wax ability Magellas poison.

    Anyway, my point in taking the Pacifista as a measurement was to determine the durability/tank ability of Hody and damage output of Lucci!

    I took the factor defence of a PX and put it in comparison with Hodys. Every SH and all of their special moves was needed to take down one single PX. While after the skip Luffy took one down with a single punch. Do u get it? 2 Years ago all of the SHs best attacks equals now a single Gear 2 (with haki) punch of Luffy (well tbf Zoro wasn't in his best, so they might have been a bit stronger than a single post Jet-Pistol lols). Just to be clear, Im only talking about the factor damage output.

    Therefore some simple equation:

    1. Hodys defence > PX defense!
    2. PX-4 > Enies Lobby Lucci
    3. Pre-SHs damage = Post-Luffy Gear 2 Jet Punch
    4. Shabondy SHs > Enies Lobby SHs (I won't comment on this, should be clear)

    If you are still disagreeing with this facts (manga by Oda), you might as well stop reading beyond this point, since there is no meaning in continuing this discussion if u disagree. In case you agree, you will hopefully see that Enies Lobby Lucci can't harm Hody!

    Even having that much speed EN Lucci could NEVER beat a PX on his own. After wasting all his energy in futile offensive skills on the opponents though defence and dodging all opponents attacks he will go down exhausted facing a PX, that definite. Basically means as the fights drags on, Lucci will lose his stamina (thus speed), and will be eventually get hit by a PX.

    For several reasons I see a similar scenario happening with Hody. Hodys defence is tougher than that of a PX. Im not sure if his attacks are stronger, so I will leave it out. But regardless, eventually Lucci will dry out, then Hody will get him. But to begin with, I don't think Lucci is that much faster than Hody. But I can't prove otherwise, nether can you guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    And I told you exactly why I thought Rob Lucci can win... I doesn't matter if I'm comparing medic treatment to what ever... His skin can be pierced, Snake shot is basically Shigan, and Lucci is a master of Shigan, and thanks to his leapord form he doesn't have to worry about his durability anyway...
    Yes, I read your point, however in ur scenario Hody is just standing still idle just like a wall, without him counter attacking. What prove do u have that Lucci is that much faster than Hody? None!

    Yes Hodys skin can be pierced. Yes Lucci is a master of Rokushiki, congratulation. Lastly not sure what exactly u mean by durability, but Luccis DF gives him offensive strength boost as well as more speed in his special leopard form. But there is no hint that he can tank more or that his endurance is better.

    Yet having this all, he can't harm Hody. Also you have NO PROVE saying that Hodys speed equals that of a turtle compared to Lucci. Since there is nothing to compare to.


    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    If you want to use a good argument, my roommate brought one up... and it's good so I'm including it...

    Luffy was still able to defeat Lucci after riding through the super storm, taking out 3,000 marines alone, fighting Bleuno and almost drowning twice (when chimney saved him, lol)

    That type of argument points out the weakness in Lucci...
    Yet that argument does no favour in a battle between Hody and Lucci. We can only use comparison by feats. Unfortunately speed is matter which can't be compared. However durability of hody and its opposite, damage output of Lucci can be compared if we take the pacisifsta as a measurement.

    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    I really hate when people use the word biased, because that's what people say when they cannot validate their argument...

    [...]How is my reasoning biased[...]
    I did validate my arguments with magma facts. It's you who uses imo unreasonable arguments to support ur discussion. I called ur argument biased, since you are neglecting all of Hoddy feats and favouring Lucci. As far as Im concerned I give a crap for both of them, but you seem to downgrade Hody based on ur liking. Im taking sides based on manga facts, which are in my opinion more stronger, while Im almost certain that you are not doing the same. That is something you shouldn't do in a discussion.

    Spoiler:  some unnecessary stuff show
    Last edited by BlackHair; December 11, 2011 at 02:11 PM.

  12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #56
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    We are not saying hosi is stronger than a pacifista, the argument is that hodi is far more resistant than one. It is one specific attribute in which the guy has shown more resistance than a creature which was durable enough to take the entire strawhat crew. Whats lucci going to do? he is going to move around, he is going to attack and his attacks are going to prove infective simply because his strength and damage output are simply nowhere near post timeskip luffy. What is hodi going to do? Every time one of lucci's attacks fails to take him out he will be able to counter with his own. Lucci does not have the means to easily dodge hodi's water attacks (unless anyone wants to argue he is even mildly close to PTL with haki) and eventually bite his head off. That would even be a unlikely scenario where hodi cannot keep up with lucci's speed at all, any scenario where hodi can even somewhat keep up is far worst.

    ---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

    As for where you would put all the wounds which lucci would need to cause for a hypothetical win, nothing could be simpler. Lucci can put them in the exact same place where WB had 267 blade wounds, one hundred and fifty two gun shots and forty six cannon balls.

  14. #57
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    In reality you just need to cut the artery at/under your arm pit to make sure that someone dies, but that's not so important is it? But I doubt Lucci would be so intelligent, as seen in the Ennies Lobby fight.

    Shader
    A adamantine meatball with probably the sharpest teeth in the whole OP universe?

    edit: omg, it was a jokeXD, don't take it to seriously, I know how sturdy those crazy guys are.
    Last edited by Schabrak; December 01, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  15. #58
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    In reality you just need to cut the artery at/under your arm pit to make sure that someone dies, but that's not so important is it? But I doubt Lucci would be so intelligent, as seen in the Ennies Lobby fight.

    Shader
    A adamantine meatball with probably the sharpest teeth in the whole OP universe?
    Well, luffy was impaled in the chest with a poisonous hook, took a shigan to the throat, had half his chest blown off by akainu and he did not die. WB had the number of wounds I mentioned in my previous post and half his face blown of and he did not outright died. Zoro took attacks from oars and then received every wound luffy took during his fights and he did not die. Garp had his chest slashed when he randomly fell sleep and he quite literally did not feel it and when he saw the wound he laugh it off. Ussop being little more than a normal human was hit by a bat weighting several tons if I recall and not only he lived but he then stood up and defeated the enemy. Jinbe had his body pierced by akainu's magma punch and he did not outright died. Luffy was bitten by hodi and arlong around the neck and torso and the wound did not kill him.... Lets face it, the normal guys in the manga would simply laugh of a silly little cut to the jugular or the petty little vein under an armpit and if it is treated at all they would probably just use a band-aid, that is the sort of manga this is. If a petty little cut to a vein was enough to kill anyone of even mediocre strength then the things I mentioned earlier would already have been untreatable wounds which would have outright killed those guys on the spot without a shred of a chance of treatment.

    Lets make another comparison then. Wasn't it said that arlong was nothing compared to pre transformation hodi? Arlong is obviously nowhere near lucci's league however if we are talking about someone who in his basic form is already that much stronger than arlong then at least somewhat standing up to lucci would be plausible for a moment. Add in a transformation that enhances his physical power enough to make a weak low level attack have a mile long range and endurance to take a barrage of luffy's gear 2 and 3 attacks and you easily have someone who can take lucci's attacks. More so, lucci was indeed phased by luffy's gear second attacks while in turn hodi took significantly enhanced versions of those attacks and at large he was barely phased....

  16. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair
    my point in taking the Pacifista as a measurement was to determine the durability/tank ability of Hod
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    We are not saying hosi is stronger than a pacifista, the argument is that hodi is far more resistant than one.
    Oh,okay i can see your point now...buut...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair
    While after the skip Luffy took one down with a single punch. Do u get it? 2 Years ago all of the SHs best attacks equals now a single Gear 2 punch of Luffy
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-58198...apter-601.html
    bottom,second panel from the right..this was not an ordinary punch it was haki imbuned jet pistol.
    Okay now returning to fight agains Hody(to decide how much damage Luffy actualy case to him) For entire battle Hody recived 1 simmple leg attack,3 simple haki punch(not g2,so dont realy know how strong they are..i would like to say ~2 simpl haki punch=1 jetpistol haki punch) Some wierd underwater attack "red hawk"(wich is actualy used in g2+haki)*after wich happened this http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/645/4 don't realy understand what happened here,he eting new pills,or spitting already eaten?*
    and in the end Hody was finished by g3+hakki attack(wich dont realy count case we dont know for how much it was overkill or not)
    so to put it in overall:1 (g2 hjp)+1.5(g2 hjp*red hawk*)+0.5(g2 hgp)+finisher g3hakipunch=3+finisher....so in terms of Health Points Hody got healths like ~3(ok lets make it four so i would be in your favour guys) 4 PX's
    Now,to another part
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair
    After wasting all his energy in futile offensive skills on the opponents though defence
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    he is going to attack and his attacks are going to prove infective simply because his strength and damage output are simply nowhere near post timeskip luffy.
    I perviously said about "in terms of Health Points" case this is exactly what i think we shall consider,case defense (atleast in my head) it's an...eeehm...ability to reduce incoming damage,while HealthPoints its an "stat" wich indicates how much damage is needed to bring you down, and in case with Hody it is exactly the matter of needed damage.
    Okay,now returning to SH vs PX fight..PX got realy high def,but not that much of HP,so to simply damage an PX your atk must be more then their def,wich means SH's cant take out PX case they simply cant damage it case of its high def.Like a real tank under inches of steel there is pretty fragile mechanism,but to get to this mechanism you first need to be able to pierce trough this stiil and if you cant you simply outmatched.
    Now returning to Hodys "tank abilitys" he got almost no defense but got huge amount of health....so my point is Lucci can damage him the question is in the amount of damage needed...and i also like this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak
    In reality you just need to cut the artery at/under your arm pit to make sure that someone dies
    In the end of Hody vs Luffy,Luffy was about do die due to bloodloss cased by a single bite.
    So bloodloss is still a magor factor in OPverse.

    p.s.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    Lucci can put them in the exact same place where WB had 267 blade wounds, one hundred and fifty two gun shots and forty six cannon balls.
    i hope you do realise WB was a deadman already afer 1/10 of those wounds and fight till the end to save as much of his childrens as he can,case there would be no way for him to come back.

    p.p.s.
    I like how noone voted "Tie" D
    Last edited by Shader; December 02, 2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: p.p.s.

  17. #60
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

    Let's draw a parallel between this fight and a possible fight between Rob Lucci and Crocodile:


    -A MUCH weaker Luffy beat Crocodile earlier in the story
    -The Luffy that fought Rob Lucci was MUCH stronger than the Luffy that beat Crocodile
    -That stronger Luffy barely beat Rob Lucci

    Going by some of the arguments presented in this thread: Rob Lucci should be able to easily beat Crocodile, right?

    Styles make fights man

    I'm not saying that Rob Lucci could beat Hodi, but some of the arguments in favor of Hodi are kinda funny.
    Take this gem by kkck for example: "Add in a transformation that enhances his physical power enough to make a weak low level attack have a mile long range and endurance to take a barrage of luffy's gear 2 and 3 attacks and you easily have someone who can take lucci's attacks."

    When did Hodi take a barrage of Luffy's Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd attacks? Show it to me, in the manga...
    If my memory serves me correctly; it was one Gear 2nd attack (Red Hawk) and one Gear 3rd attack (Elephant Gun) and those two finished him completely.

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts