Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • E.S Hody

16 42.11%
  • Rob Lucci

22 57.89%
  • Tie

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

@Shader: I see where you are coming from, played too much RPG games, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-58198...apter-601.html
    bottom,second panel from the right..this was not an ordinary punch it was haki imbuned jet pistol.
    You are right. I did forgett that. But that is not going to change anything xD

so in terms of Health Points Hody got healths like ~3(ok lets make it four so i would be in your favour guys) 4 PX's
    Unless you are Oda, we can't take ur numbers as facts. Thats unreasonable. And if everyone where to give some weird numbers, this discussion will go nowhere. Sry but this is complete nonsense.

Unfortunately you are taking this argument too far with those statistics. We don't have the exact number or even remotely a border line comparison to discuss that preciously. We can only compare by simple feats, as I did before. So make it simple or wait for Oda to release some statistics dates, otherwise this topic is not discussable.

Hodys defence is by war superior than that of a PX. But it took all Pre-SHs to take down a single PX. Lucci with his sole offensive attacks is by far weaker than the combined offence power of the SHs. So no way in hell can Lucci dream to take on on a PX all alone. Yet it took Luffy just a single light haki imbued Jet Piston to take down a PX. The same Luffy needed by far more than that to take down Hody. How on earth is Lucci going to bring up that much offensive power? He can't! thats why he can't take down Hody.

In the end of Hody vs Luffy,Luffy was about do die due to bloodloss cased by a single bite.
    So bloodloss is still a magor factor in OPverse.
    Bloodloss is only a factor if Oda wants to for plot sake. I mean in the past Zorro and the rest lost a huge amount of blood, but Oda never bothered to bring that issue up. Only in this arc, he brought that up for plot, regarding fishman and human relationship.

If anyone wants to prove me wrong; explain me this! xD
    Last edited by BlackHair; December 03, 2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Deleted the part involving damane08 quote

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Wrong! Crocodiles defeat was circumstanced. To be more precise, it was PIS!

• Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics
    Lucci has more better physical feats, however Crocodile redeemed his fight with Luffy by his performance at the war. I can't tell u for sure if Crocodile became stronger since Alabasta or that Oda limited him in the fights with Luffy for plot sake, either way he appeared stronger in the war arc. I personally believe Oda did limit him and as well he became stronger ever since the fight with Luffy.

You clearly did not understand my post or that of kkck.

While it took Luffy several haki imbued attacks to take down Hody, he won't need even Gears let alone haki to take down Enies Lobby Lucci. A single normal punch would be more than enough.

@Shader: I see where you are coming from, played too much RPG games, didn't you?
    Unless you are Oda, we can't take ur numbers as facts. Thats unreasonable. And if everyone where to give some weird numbers, this discussion will go nowhere. Sry but this is complete nonsense.

Unfortunately you are taking this argument too far with those statistics. We don't have the exact number or even remotely a border line comparison to discuss that preciously. We can only compare by simple feats, as I did before. So make it simple or wait for Oda to release some statistics dates, otherwise this topic is not discussable.

Hodys defence is by war superior than that of a PX. But it took all Pre-SHs to take down a single PX. Lucci with his sole offensive attacks is by far weaker than the combined offence power of the SHs. So no way in hell can Lucci dream to take on on a PX all alone. Yet it took Luffy just a single light haki imbued Jet Piston to take down a PX. The same Luffy needed by far more than that to take down Hody. How on earth is Lucci going to bring up that much offensive power? He can't! thats why he can't take down Hody.

Bloodloss is only a factor if Oda wants to for plot sake. I mean in the past Zorro and the rest lost a huge amount of blood, but Oda never bothered to bring that issue up. Only in this arc, he brought that up for plot, regarding fishman and human relationship.

If anyone wants to prove me wrong; explain me this! xD
    Don't pick and choose certain lines from a person's post to make your post seem right, it's a bit shady

You don't understand sarcasm do you?

I did not understand kkck's post? I was not referring to any of your posts, or did you not see that? Did you read what I said?

Lets look at EXACTLY what he said shall we?

kkck: "Lets make another comparison then. Wasn't it said that arlong was nothing compared to pre transformation hodi? Arlong is obviously nowhere near lucci's league however if we are talking about someone who in his basic form is already that much stronger than arlong then at least somewhat standing up to lucci would be plausible for a moment. Add in a transformation that enhances his physical power enough to make a weak low level attack have a mile long range and endurance to take a barrage of luffy's gear 2 and 3 attacks and you easily have someone who can take lucci's attacks. More so, lucci was indeed phased by luffy's gear second attacks while in turn hodi took significantly enhanced versions of those attacks and at large he was barely phased.... "

I did not understand that? Or did you not read it?
    I'll ask my question again: When did Hodi take a barrage of Luffy's Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd attacks? Show it to me, in the manga...
    If my memory serves me correctly; it was one Gear 2nd attack (Red Hawk) and one Gear 3rd attack (Elephant Gun) and those two finished him completely.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    CALM DOWN EVERYBODY.

I don't check this forum on daily basis, so if you kill yourself and bash each other I'll simply make a warning or ban if needed to the ones involved. Stay calm and polite.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Uriel, you need to put that avatar with the creepy smiling dude, it has more effect on posters here lol

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by damane08 View Post
    I was not referring to any of your posts, or did you not see that? Did you read what I said?
    In the last few pages, its been only kkck, Schabrak and me speaking for Hody. If you u were just referring to his post, then quote his, post his name or do whatever to let other reader understand that you are just answering to his post.

[..]Going by some of the arguments presented[..]
    This very word of ur post made me believe you also involved my quotes.

And if u did read my post, you would understand that Im since the beginning defending Hodys tank ability. Therefore since you questioned the amount of damage he tanked, I just had to butt in.

If my memory serves me correctly; it was one Gear 2nd attack (Red Hawk) and one Gear 3rd attack (Elephant Gun) and those two finished him completely.
    Just for the record, every dmg he tanked led to his loss. Starting with Luffys Gear 2 kick.

Anyway, you didn't vote yet. But since you are still downplaying the dmg Hodi tanked, I assume you are with Lucci. So plz bring ur arguments, I will be happy to crush them, since u went all bossy on me.

btw: I do get sarcasm, but it seems I skipped the last word of that sentence in my hurry. But my mistake, indeed.
    Last edited by BlackHair; December 03, 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    In the last few pages, its been only kkck, Schabrak and me speaking for Hody. If you u were just referring to his post, then quote his, post his name or do whatever to let other reader understand that you are just answering to his post.

This very word of ur post made me believe you also involved my quotes.

And if u did read my post, you would understand that Im since the beginning defending Hodys tank ability. Therefore since you questioned the amount of damage he tanked, I just had to butt in.

Just for the record, every dmg he tanked led to his loss. Starting with Luffys Gear 2 kick.

Anyway, you didn't vote yet. But since you are still downplaying the dmg Hodi tanked, I assume you are with Lucci. So plz bring ur arguments, I will be happy to crush them, since u went all bossy on me.

btw: I do get sarcasm, but it seems I skipped the last word of that sentence in my hurry. But my mistake, indeed.
    Ha haha look at my post please:
    "Let's draw a parallel between this fight and a possible fight between Rob Lucci and Crocodile:

-A MUCH weaker Luffy beat Crocodile earlier in the story
    -The Luffy that fought Rob Lucci was MUCH stronger than the Luffy that beat Crocodile
    -That stronger Luffy barely beat Rob Lucci

Going by some of the arguments presented in this thread: Rob Lucci should be able to easily beat Crocodile, right?

Styles make fights man

I'm not saying that Rob Lucci could beat Hodi, but some of the arguments in favor of Hodi are kinda funny.
    Take this gem by kkck for example: "Add in a transformation that enhances his physical power enough to make a weak low level attack have a mile long range and endurance to take a barrage of luffy's gear 2 and 3 attacks and you easily have someone who can take lucci's attacks."

When did Hodi take a barrage of Luffy's Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd attacks? Show it to me, in the manga...
    If my memory serves me correctly; it was one Gear 2nd attack (Red Hawk) and one Gear 3rd attack (Elephant Gun) and those two finished him completely. "

I actually did quote him. I used his name and I quoted what he said so that everyone would know what and who I was talking about.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Uriel, you need to put that avatar with the creepy smiling dude, it has more effect on posters here lol
    LOL, maybe.
    If nothing works I will just close the thread.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Uriel

please don't close it right away... this is one of the most energetic fight threads we've had in the OP section in a while...
    ---------

Back to topic:

Okay in total it took about 4 to 5 attacks to put Hody out for the count...
    -2 normal gear moves (on land)
    -red hawk (Underwater)
    -elephant gun (in air bubble)
    Damage he did to Luffy
    -He Bit Him
    ----------------------------------------
    There was a countless amount of attacks exchanged between Lucci and Luffy
    Both of them went all out
    Had Lucci realized he needed to dodge Gear 3rd, he wouldn't have sustained the injury to his leg, or even lost consciousness the first time...

Hody is a tank with lots of HP
    Lucci is a lightning bruiser with lots of variety

but I'm far more impressed with Lucci's skill
    -------------------
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    but I'm far more impressed with Lucci's skill
    I agree. Hody is boring in every aspect, however his tank ability is quite amazing. True he cheated his way with the pills, but then again Lucci got his top speed and top power from his fruit. Still Hody is just plain ass boring.

@damane08: I already explained that you wrote to generally and since u questioned his tank ability I had to quote ur post on the way. I doesn't matter if you just argued kkck post, your post started to generally about Hodys tank ability. At least it was not clear enough for me.

I'm not saying that Rob Lucci could beat Hodi [....]
    Another line of ur original post which I seemed to have skipped. My mistake once again.

Anyway, then there is no point in continuing this any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    LOL, maybe.
    If nothing works I will just close the thread.
    This is just a another discussion in which a small heated argument appeared. The heat has already cooled down though. Everything is fine on my part, no need to wry ;P
    Last edited by BlackHair; December 05, 2011 at 12:43 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, the barrage part was hyperbole (as the only actual barrage luffy used was the giant elephant glattling) however that still does not change that hodi consistently took and tanked luffy's attacks.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...9/c633/11.html
    Gear two attack which hurled hodi through a mass of rocks.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...9/c636/17.html
    Does not appear to be a geared attack but at this point it would at least have haki in it.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v59/c637/6.html
    Hardened kick to the head/neck (haki implied at this point)
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v59/c637/7.html
    Hardened punch. Seeing luffy's expression it is quite obvious luffy is hitting him with everything he has.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...9/c639/10.html
    Snake shot, straight to the heart.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...9/c644/19.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v59/c645/3.html
    The shockwave of the attack went through him and apparently it kinda burned through him. Still, he is not out yet.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...9/c645/11.html
    Now this is what finally took him out.

Seeing everything hodi took, how can we even begin to question his sheer capacity to take damage? Seeing how much luffy has grown in comparison to the first part of the manga, how can we question his offensive capacity? Its not like luffy's offense is weak at all for us to say hodi's resistance is not that great for taking those attacks. How can we possibly argue lucci from ennies lobbies would be even vaguely close to the current luffy when it comes to speed or strength, let alone the fact that haki significantly enhances the offensive power of an attack? Lucci has no haki, his punches are simply regular punches. Even if it were actually true that lucci was slightly stronger than luffy two years ago, so what? Luffy right now is incomparably and unmeasurably stronger than what he was two years ago. This is not the same luffy that was told by anyone who mattered at the war that he was plainly weak and had no business in the front lines there, this is a luffy with actual power and had he been in that war he would have been a force to be considered who to boot would not need every known pirate there to protect his ass. Luffy right now would not win against mihawk, the admirals, WB, a few of the commanders and perhaps a few of the VAs however this is a luffy who would at least give them some pain. Lucci never gave us an indication that he was at this level, none of his attacks were ever shown to reach the scale or power luffy has now so why would his punches have any more effect than those of luffy after the timeskip? Shigan and rankyaku? I don't see any particular reason for those to be game winners against hodi considering the manga has shown people stabbed throguh their guts fighting as if nothing had happened.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No one is questioning Hodi's capacity to take damage, But it seems like people are questioning Rob Lucci's ability to give it out...

Now it will obviously take longer than post time skip luffy... but yea it'll happen... show a huge string of panels of punches that Hody is throwing out Damaging attack after Damaging attack at Luffy, then I'll concede...

I'm only saying this, because you are trying to make it sound like he was even a real "credible threat" when his only real damaging attack, hit inside the water (the bite)... the single punch he landed on Luffy on Land was recoiled from his rubber abilities without Haki, so Rob Lucci's tekkai should tank it just as easily...

Luffy's Snakeshot = Lucci is a master at Shigan

Red Hawk (Luffy's Newer, But not most powerful Attack) = Rokugan (Largest Ring, Lucci's Most Powerful Attack, And bypasses his Tankness)

Rankakyu Barrage to finish him off....

Game. Set. Match.

--------------
    Luffy dodging the water droplet barrage with Haki = Lucci dodging droplets with Kami-E and reflexes (as Bleuno said "There's No Art To Getting Hit")

And by the off chance he gets near enough water to throw that shark barrage, even though I doubt it's that damaging, Lucci Dodges with Geppou and Soru...

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

I doubt Hodi, could beat a pacifista...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Reread the arc or at least the fight again damn it, you are spouting nonsense.

You're equaling a piercing attack from Luffy to Lucci's Shigan without any evidence whatsoever that they are equal in strength. There a Imo missing everywhere.

One single G2 Twin Jet Pistol caused big pain and marks on Lucci, while Hodi took a couple of haki infused hit's, was hurtled/thrown around and shrugged it off as if it's nothing, looking more annoyed than hurt, this may just be an effect of the pills, but that's irrelevant as both can use all their feats.

You mention Luffy taking his cheap shot, which his rubber body naturally neutralized, but fail to mention that Luffy used haki in his arms and legs to defend and beat Hody down in the following panels. And only this caused Bizarrohody to show real anguish and think of a different tactic, after taking hits that would have easily annihilated the older models of Pacifista.

Yes, Lucci is/was fast in the EL arc, but Luffy was able to keep up at the end, match Lucci's Madara Shigan, take on Sai Dai Rin: Rokuougan and used an early form of G2 Jet Gatling to beat down a Tekkai using Lucci. Having said that, Luffy was far to strong for Hody and Oda created circumstances to bring out the most of the second one, while creating trouble for the first one.

I wont add any picture to reinforce my arguments, everyone should have a well-founded knowledge about OP and especially those fights to take part in the discussion.
    Last edited by Schabrak; December 06, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    No one is questioning Hodi's capacity to take damage, But it seems like people are questioning Rob Lucci's ability to give it out...

Now it will obviously take longer than post time skip luffy... but yea it'll happen... show a huge string of panels of punches that Hody is throwing out Damaging attack after Damaging attack at Luffy, then I'll concede...

I'm only saying this, because you are trying to make it sound like he was even a real "credible threat" when his only real damaging attack, hit inside the water (the bite)... the single punch he landed on Luffy on Land was recoiled from his rubber abilities without Haki, so Rob Lucci's tekkai should tank it just as easily...

Luffy's Snakeshot = Lucci is a master at Shigan

Red Hawk (Luffy's Newer, But not most powerful Attack) = Rokugan (Largest Ring, Lucci's Most Powerful Attack, And bypasses his Tankness)

Rankakyu Barrage to finish him off....

Game. Set. Match.

--------------
    Luffy dodging the water droplet barrage with Haki = Lucci dodging droplets with Kami-E and reflexes (as Bleuno said "There's No Art To Getting Hit")

And by the off chance he gets near enough water to throw that shark barrage, even though I doubt it's that damaging, Lucci Dodges with Geppou and Soru...

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

I doubt Hodi, could beat a pacifista...
    Ok, I cannot even begin to fathom what sort of reasoning lead to the conclusion that lucci's rokugan would be anywhere near in power to luffy's redhawk. Or how any of lucci's full powered attacks would have but a fraction of current luffy's attacks...I mean, how? You seem to be ignoring that luffy grew incomparably stronger over the timeskip and even then you seem to simply ignore luffy's attacks use haki nowadays. When luffy started his training raileigh said there were at least 500 creatures against whom he would not stand a chance against in the island. By the end of the training he was said to have been the boss of the creatures there (first implication of a huge boost in power if he went from not having a chance to being their boss). Before the timeskip he did not stand a chance in hell against a pacifista (heck, sanji almost broke his leg kicking kuma) and after the timeskip he one shots them and overwhelms them in terms of speed and strength (meaning that in itself luffy after the timeskip has the sheer power to vastly outclass the entire pre time skip strawhat crew). During impel down we saw that jinbe had no trouble whatsoever catching gear two luffy and stopping him from fighting (this happened so casually that it almost went unnoticed lol). Now he is evidently capable of exchanging blows one to one with the guy. Its not that we think lucci has no power, it is just that it is plainly not enough to even begin to approach what the current luffy can do, they are in entirely different classes.

If lucci from ennies lobby were to fight current luffy, it would clearly not be an even match. Luffy would not even have trouble (pacifista are much stronger than lucci and luffy one shots them in a sec) against the guy, it would be outright a massacre. A fight between pre time skip lucci and post time skip luffy would look a lot like the luffy vs mihawk fight. Only way to have a small chance of surviving is running the hell away and hoping to god someone with actual power saves you. Not that I think luffy is as strong as mihawk but the difference between lucci and luffy is large enough for a similar scenario to arise.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys take to much out of context...

Red Hawk is Definitely not Luffy's most powerful attack right now... Rokugan IS Rob Lucci's most powerful attack...

Luffy doesn't go all out to use Red Hawk, Lucci is has to catch his breath after using Rokugan...

-------------------------

IMO << are you happy...

And Lucci's Rokugan blast through Hodi's body, bypassing his "Tankness"

And I can easily fathom this victory for Lucci just like the other 14 people who voted for him... (Not that votes mean fact)

--------------------------

IMO Snake Shot isn't much different from Shigan, which Lucci seems to be a master of...

Lucci's Rankyaku Gaicho is capable of cutting steel... That's lion song sharpness (Zoro)

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you think luffy was not hitting hodi with all he had? I would doubt luffy would hold back his punches when he is fighting a mutant fishman underwater, that does not make a shred of sense. Heck, just look at luffy's expression when he is hitting hodi with his hardened arm, that is not the expression of a man who is holding his punches in the least honestly. Rokugan can be lucci's strongest attack but so what? How does that suggest rokugan right now would even come close to a nameless punch on luffy's punch (although technically luffy names all his punches considering more than half his named attaks are just punches lol)? I really can't see why anyone would think pre time skip lucci would be vaguely close to current luffy in terms of strength, speed or stamina, it simply does not make sense. Overall, what does it matter if lucci has attacks which are similar to luffy's if his strength, speed or stamina are but a fraction of current luffy's?

New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast