Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • E.S Hody

16 42.11%
  • Rob Lucci

22 57.89%
  • Tie

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

Who do you think would win (on land), and why.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

I think hodi would win. I don't even think lucci's attacks would even have an effect on the guy. The first time the pacifista were introduced sanji almost broke his leg hitting one. The next time it took the combined attacks of all the strawhats to barely take one down. During the timeskip luffy became strong enough to easily one shot a pacifista. Now, when we saw luffy fight hodi we saw luffy using all of his gears and new attacks, all of which would one shot pacifista and hodi could still fight as if nothing had happened. Luffy even mentioned he was built like a tank. In the end even after fire fist hodi still had the energy to grab more pills and had to be taken out with a gear 3 gattlin. Lucci is at best as strong as pre time skip luffy, all of the attacks luffy has shown so far would IMO one shot him. Lucci simply does not have the sheer physical capacity to severely wound hodi IMO. I think the battle would have been difficult for him even before the pills.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if E.S. Hody would injure Rob Lucci easily. Anyway, it's sure Lucci wouldn't be able to injure Hody with his best attacks after what we've seen of Luffy's new attacks on him. So I would go for Hody without any hesitation. He was even able to injure post-time skip Luffy.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hodi only injured luffy when they were fighting underwater. I guess it is hard to compare either of them to luffy if both of them would be fodder to him on land. I would think hodi has the methods to hurt lucci though. At least his no less than insane stamina and resistant should allow him to get an opening on luffi and land a hit, and that is a worst case scenario for hodi.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see much chances for Lucci[the EL one, we don't know if he grew in/after the Cover Story arc] to get under the tank that Hody has become when he fought Luffy for the first time in the Plaza. He isn't as good of a fighter as Lucci and probably will never be, is nowhere adept to in techniques, but being able to stand up after those punches Luffy gave him and with a little usage of his available FK attacks should give him the edge over the ex-agent.
    Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Hodi is pretty strong. I would even put him above any pre-timeskip Strawhats, exept Luffy in land and in water I would put him above any of strawhats exept for Luffy (for obvious reasons). Zoro and Sanji may have good chances in water, but still Zoro's mobility isn't that good on land and in water he would be too slow against Hodi. Hodi has quite strong long range attacks, so I would say he can beat Lucci at least as he was in Ennies Lobbi Arc.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think luffy in land would defeat hodi (pre time skip). Luffy at that time would have as much trouble hurting hodi as lucci would. Hodi can take hordes of attacks that would one shot a pacifista and we know pre time skip luffy can barely do anything on his own against a pacifista ( if anything, a pacifista would have a remarkably easy time with him). At the very least hodi would win on the merit of his tankiness.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

On that note, I would argue zoro and sanji would have done significantly better than luffy did against hodi. As you said, luffy is weakened by water. Even if that was not a factor, zoro has the safer mode of combat against hodi underwater (it is his blades and not his hands that are getting close to those teeth) and in sanji's case he even has a special movement technique for when underwater (blue walk) to the point where he was compared to a fishman.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I can agree about the fight on land, but still Luffy will have better mobility, than Hodi on land and also Luffy's techs will be stronger, than Hodi's, because Hodi would be on land and if far from the water they will be close to useless. Of course Hodi is a tank in his last form, but he can't endure it without an end and Luffy will easily get away from Hodi on land.

Ok, Zoro has swords and isn't weakened by the water itself, but he is steal weakened by water pressure on that depths and also his mobility is the lowest in Monster Trio and I think it is quite obvious that Hodi will prevail in Mobility. Also no way Zoro has shown any attacks at the lewel of Elephant Gun and Elephant Gatling Gun to take down Hodi.
    About Sanji... He is fast in water, but we should take in consideration water pressure out of the buble and also we should take in consideration that Hodi is the fastest in water for now. Before we knew that mermen and mermaiids were the fastest in water, but Hodi beat all of them pretty easily in that department, so no way Sanji has the same level of speed and mobility and also Sanji is the only one for now from Monster Trio who didn't show any long range attacks, so until that I can't see him beating Hodi.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro can throw slashing tornadoes, I would think that comes close to luffy's gear 3 in terms of area of effect. If zoro is as strong as he seems his slashes should have quite some range and area of effect to say the least, heck he cut through a huge ship easily recently. I don't think his combination of range and destructive force is limited in the least.

I would question whether sanji is slower than hodi underwater. I have my doubts about it. Zoro was fast enough to one shot hodi pre transformation underwater, would it be that unlikely that sanji with his bluewalk is faster than hodi after his transformation? Heck, even luffy could land a hit on him.... Sanji did not show actual range but I would think at least from his area of effect he should be ok.... I mean, after wadatsumi got huge he was able to set the whole thing on fire. I think that is worth something to say the least. Just add the best mobility a human could have while underwater to the mix...

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't agree that we can compare Zoro's and Luffy's destructive power. Luffy could one-shot a ship without Gear 2 before timeskip, so that's not a showcase of Zoro's strength. I agree that Zoro's range got bigger and he has flying attacks, but no way he is as fast as Hodi now. We can't compare him with Hodi now, while comparing him with Hodi before using any pills. Now Hodi is shown to be the fastest in the water and also tanking Luffy's strongest attacks and I don't believe that any of the strawhats would be able to tank those.
    Sanji... His speed was good, but it was good way higher in the water, not on a such depth and that's quite important. He won't be as fast as he was, because of gigantic water pressure. Also about his attacks. He really doesn't have range and I doubt he can make any considerably range attack, while in deep water. He managed to set Wadatsumi on fire, but it was in a place where he had plenty of space without of water and full of oxigen and that's quite a different story.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I can't agree that we can compare Zoro's and Luffy's destructive power. Luffy could one-shot a ship without Gear 2 before timeskip, so that's not a showcase of Zoro's strength. I agree that Zoro's range got bigger and he has flying attacks, but no way he is as fast as Hodi now. We can't compare him with Hodi now, while comparing him with Hodi before using any pills. Now Hodi is shown to be the fastest in the water and also tanking Luffy's strongest attacks and I don't believe that any of the strawhats would be able to tank those.
    Sanji... His speed was good, but it was good way higher in the water, not on a such depth and that's quite important. He won't be as fast as he was, because of gigantic water pressure. Also about his attacks. He really doesn't have range and I doubt he can make any considerably range attack, while in deep water. He managed to set Wadatsumi on fire, but it was in a place where he had plenty of space without of water and full of oxigen and that's quite a different story.
    There's a difference between a punch, and a cut made by a sword.
    Didn't know that someone can tank slashes that can cut metal nowadays.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure about that? Did Hodi really tank Luffy's strongest attacks? Did you know that Luffy only used three "named" attacks in his fight against Hodi? Snake Shot, Red Hawk and Elephant Gun. Everything else that Luffy threw at him were simple punches and kicks and a few that were hardened.
    Out of those three techniques, Hodi only tanked one. He tanked Snake Shot (which doesn't seem to be as strong as the others) Red Hawk put a hole in his stomach and Elephant Gun finished the job. Hodi at no point in the fight tanked Luffy's strongest attacks.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Zehahaha
    Actually a punch (and not at its full power, because it was under water) that can one-shot Kraken that is several times bigger than Sunny... I believe that only Mihawk's slash of iceberg in Marineford Arc can be compared to it if we compare Luffy's Elephant gun with any slash we've seen by now.
    And also WB tanked tons of shashes, bullets and other shit and was still able to take down tons of people and fight Admirals and Vice Admirals.

damane08
    1. "Just" Luffy's partly Gear 2 punch one-shotted Pacifista... and Hodi tanked quite a serious amount of those punches.
    2. Hodi tanked Red Hawk that literary made a hole in his stomack bigger than made Akainu in Ace.... And Hodi was still able to fight.
    3. Luffy used Elephant Gun that one-shotted Kraken on him after all of that shit that Hodi tanked before in water and during his fight in Plaza. And only at that point Hodi was out.

P.S. maybe we have a different understanding of the verb "to tank", but as I see it, Hodi managed to get back to the fight after all the wounds like they were practically nothing, so he tanked them. Actually he really felt only Red Hawk (but actually I would say that most of the persons would have died immedeatly after that attack) and was finally taken down only by Elephant Gun and it was in way more powerful form than it was against Kraken, because Luffy used it in a place with no water.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Lucci would win , i mean i know that Hody resulted to be a tough guy resisting all those attacks Luffy used against him but i think if from the start the fight between Luffy and Hody was on land then Luffy would have won faster , without so much effort . To put it simply i think even the pre time skip Luffy would have won against E.S Hody on land meaning that most probably Lucci would win against him as well.
    Lucci was a opponent i actually saw worthy to go against Luffy thing i can't say about Hody who is nothing but a junkie...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Zehahaha
    Actually a punch (and not at its full power, because it was under water) that can one-shot Kraken that is several times bigger than Sunny... I believe that only Mihawk's slash of iceberg in Marineford Arc can be compared to it if we compare Luffy's Elephant gun with any slash we've seen by now.
    And also WB tanked tons of shashes, bullets and other shit and was still able to take down tons of people and fight Admirals and Vice Admirals.
    Well first off comparing Hodi's situation with WB's situation is a no-no.
    Secondly, I've yet to see someone tanking a slash from a real foe, not some nameless marine. Just to give you an example, Luffy can tank punches, but no way in hell he can tank a slash from a swordsman who is of the caliber of Zoro. There's a major difference between being hit, and being cut, no matter how you look at it.

If Zoro wanted to cut Hodi, he'd cut him, it's not like he's in steel (even steel is useless in front of Zoro anyway).

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast