Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • E.S Hody

16 42.11%
  • Rob Lucci

22 57.89%
  • Tie

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: E.S Hody vs Rob Lucci

Okay guys,for all those who post "Hody will stomp Lucci without breakin a sweat!"
    Explain us WHY would he do that? And please dont say "case Luffy didnt oneshoted him!"
    This topic about who will win in Hody vs Rob Lucci, not a "whom Luffy can beat easyly after timeskipp"
    read both fights and realise already:
    Luffy pretimeskip<<Luffy now
    Hody<<Luffy now
    Rob Lucci>Luffy pretimeskip (and for all those who think Luffy was stronger then him...pleeease...Luffy lost to him....Rob was defeated only to move story on,not becase he was weaker then Luffy,Rob Lucci even stomped Luffy down whe Luffy said "you wont hit me again" it was a pure plot-kai)
    And this thing not about who will oneshot who,this thing about winning..as i already said,Hody maybe a tin,but Lucci in this case is like an opener,Hody got lot of stamina,but bloodloss is a pretty major thing and Hody does not immune to bullet-like attacks(like Luffy lol) so eventualy Lucci will win...he can do it by simple hit and run tactic...and as already been stated...Hody not even close a Luccis speed.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    You make baseless claims about how Hody would fare against Rokushiki techniques, so let me try to do the same.

Hodys trident, shark arrows, his teeth and his sword on his back attack will rip Lucci apart. More pills will ensure his speed and power advantage. -> One or two attacks will hit and weaken Lucci. So will he pierce him or will he be a coward and us shockwave attacks?? *simplified for effect*

In the end Lucci wasn't able to take a normal jet gatling, while Hody took attacks a couple magnitude stronger than the first mentioned technque.
    Show me this speed that Hodi has on land...
    Just one panel out of the manga that makes you think Hodi is fast on land. Just one... I'll wait...

There's also a HUGE difference between taking an attack when you're fresh to taking an attack when you're worn out.
    Lucci wasn't able to take a Jet Gatling because of all the accumulated damage dude, it's not like it was the first attack he hit him with.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Im sure Rob Lucci has increased his power in these past 2 years and veering away from the topic slightly i see pre-ES Hodi getting smashed by him cos he really had nothing going for him. Luccis whole being is physical attacks & smarts, after a tekkai gets broken by an attack or rankyaku doesnt show affect hes gonna stay spamming Leopard Form Rokougans and keep himself far outta Hodis grasp. On land hes fast as gear 2nd Luffy & like someone said he was toying with Luffy most the time they fought switch to leopard form and Hodi cant land a thing. Hodi just isnt gonna be able to touch him so i dont see his tank ability holding up against a combat genius who isnt trying to get hit. The fact that Hodi has to always dab the pills gives me a feeling that the boost is temporary like that Alabasta Strength Water stuff, so after a blow the effects gets nullified. Lucci will see the correlation & avoid him when hes beasting & find a way to get the pills outta the game broken arm, tear his clothes or something. Im basing this on Lucci increasing his skills

FuS

edit: wow i like how even it is, even though half the thread is Zoro & Sanji stuff offtopicness(sorry for creating an awesome word)you lusty temptress
    Last edited by Rosebullet Teacher; November 30, 2011 at 02:33 AM. Reason: In order, to order hors d oeuvres
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy survived fight with Lucci thanks to his rubber body and willpower. Nothing else.
    BTW Lucci had Doriki at 4000 and compared to other it was extremly high- maby he "unlocked" Haki during his years in Galley-La and thats why he was giving so much damage to Luffy??? Dodging his attacks like Enel, he even catched Luffys arms just like Enel. Mayby Rokushiki is some form of haki usage? I know that anime isnt canon but in latest episode of anime Luffys elephant gun hand looked for the moment like covered by tekkai, then turned black. Dont take this too serious- just loose theory.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

damane08
    That's why I wrote about doing the same, using baseless claims.

The only time, when we see his on land speed is here: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/637/2

Since we don't know the speed of those attacks, which is shown in those panels it's hard to compare their movement rate of motion and speed. => more panels shown for something don't translate to slower movement.

Rosebullet Teacher
    I asumed we talk about their forms in their fights with Luffy, I have no doubt that if Lucci has trained in the meantime, he should be a lot stronger than back than and could win in a fight against Hody[on land].
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 30, 2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: stealth edit
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Comparing the speed of hody and lucci is impossible. Luffy right now is a speed beast of gargantuan proportions, hodi could be 10 times faster than lucci and he still would not hold a candle to luffy in that department. In this regard I don't see how it is vaguely possible to argue lucci is faster than hodi. Still, arguing that lucci's attacks would scratch a tank like hodi is beyond absurd. A punch from the current luffy would one shot lucci easily, heck luffy alone should be more than enough to easily handle on his own CP9 as they were 2 years ago. Lucci from two years ago would not stand a chance in hell agains a pacifista, there is no way his attacks would even tickle transformed hodi, he is simply that resistant. The worst case scenario is that lucci would make a punching bag out of hodi and after he is done and exhausted hodi would finish him without so much as a scratch on him. Seriously, hodi took gear two, hardened, and fire punches with negligible damage to himself. After all of that he could keep on fighting and still luffy had to finish him off with his gear 3 gatling. For lucci to actually hurt hodi he would have to match with his attacks the sheer strength of luffy's attacks after his 2 year training. There is no way, it is simply absurd to suggest that lucci's attacks could conceivably come mildly close to luffy's current attacks (let alone the outright moronic notion that they could be as strong). Lucci was strong among rookies, anyone who gives luffy trouble now would grossly outclass lucci as he was two years ago.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck

I think you need to think about this a bit more... we know one of Lucci's assets is his speed...

Hody has actually not shown any speed in land... at all... now in the water it's a different fight..

But I highly doubt Hody will do so much as injure Lucci

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

and Hody didn't really tank shit...

Red Hawk had Hody gagging on his steroids... Yea he stood for one more attack... but Lucci got back up after Gear 3rd with a Broken Leg... and continued to whoop ass...

Being a Tank just means it'll take longer to give a fully developed ass whooping...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Speed feats are relative to the speed of the enemy. That much is fact. Luffy right now is insanely stronger than what he was back in the day, so much that he is one shooting pacifistas while back then the combined might of his crew was barely a match for one. In this regard, how can we argue an enemy from now is slower than lucci even when an enemy of lucci's might right now would be less than fodder to current luffy in terms of strength, speed or stamina? I think you are the one who is not thinking this clearly lol. With what we have seen it is simply impossible to argue lucci is faster than anyone simply because current luffy grossly outclasses both of them. The points you are making would only make sense if luffy from 2 years ago would hold a candle against current luffy. Frankly, current luffy could fight 10 pre-timeskip luffy's and win comfortably.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

The critical argument was brought by kkck already. Two years ago Luffy could not take down a pacisfista on his own, now its as easy as eating meat. I mean Luffy literally ate meat while he was asleep xD Also the Luffy two years ago was stronger than Enies Lobby Luffy, yet it was not possible for him. He now after the time skip is stronger by a lot.

About speed, Lucci do has more speed feats, and I believe he is indeed faster, even though it can't be compared! However what does speed do any good against a opponent who can tank everything from Lucci? Nothing! Hody would have just to tank everything and wait for a opening. After all Luccis endurance is infinitive.

Lastly there is this shounen rule that antagonist gets stronger as the story progress. This rule does not apply by 100% in one piece (Crocodile), but I just wanted this to throw into this discussion.

Hody wins by better feats.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What feats does Hody have on land (and even in water) aside from getting his ass whooped...

He can't tank cuts as Zoro showed us...

He doesn't have a rubber body... he'd be plugged full of holes rather quickly...

Rokugan bypasses exterior defense just like an impact dial...

Hody is merely a tank with no real offensive feats on land, which is why he gets his ass stomped by Lucci...

-----------------------------

Show me one thing he has done on land that will take out Lucci...

Lucci can just use Kami-E to dodge any of those water arrows
    Lucci can use Geppou to get in range to rain down Rankakyu...
    Lucci can do far more feats... and Hodi doesn't have the strength to deal any significant damage on land...

Hody would no doubt win in water... But on Land Lucci has far to much versatility
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

and don't say his body is too tough for shigan...

Spoiler show

I'm sure the fishmen anatomy can be pierced by Leopard Lucci...

XD ... as they say in politics, I yield back the remainder of my time.. lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

You reasoning is all messed up and biased. You are taking Hody endurance and offensive strength way to lightly.

Yes Hody can't tank cuts, but don't you do dare to put Luccis butter cuts equal to that of Zoros! Plz reread and compare the battle with the Pacifista; SHs vs PX-4 and the two Pacifista which were annihilated instantaneously by Sanji, Zoro and Luffy after the skip. Those two fights give us the simple answer to this thread.

Luffy with help of the rest of his crew needed all power to take down one single damn PX. While after the skp, he took one all alone without breaking a damn sweat. Hody can tank by far more damage than a PX. Thats a FACT! Lucci simply can't do any damage on Hody. He would tank anything Lucci showed us without a damn problem. Shigan? Rankjouku? Hody tanked Red Hawk! Also are u expecting Hody taking Luccis several Shigans without him counter attacking let alone noticing? Or he taking the rain of Rankjoku without throwing one of his water attacks?

You are also completely neglecting Hodys offensive powers. I mean did u even pay any attention? I was half as sleep as I was reading weekly through this arc, since it bored the crap out of me, however even I noticed Hodys offensive abilities. His brutal strength and water attacks are quite formidable. Luffy used haki (CoO) to avoid Hodys water attacks. Can Lucci avoid those without a problem? I think at least one of them will definitely hit Lucci.

PS: about the part of ur post in spoiler tags. Not sure if you are serious with that, but you simply can't compare medical treatment with fighting.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is my reasoning biased when your reasoning is "well this fight went this way, and this fight went this way, so I guess this fight has gotta go this way"

And I told you exactly why I thought Rob Lucci can win... I doesn't matter if I'm comparing medic treatment to what ever... His skin can be pierced, Snake shot is basically Shigan, and Lucci is a master of Shigan, and thanks to his leapord form he doesn't have to worry about his durability anyway...

I think you forgot that Lucci's strength was noticed by the Shichibukai... Kuma barely believed he was beaten at all...

I really hate when people use the word biased, because that's what people say when they cannot validate their argument...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    How is my reasoning biased when your reasoning is "well this fight went this way, and this fight went this way, so I guess this fight has gotta go this way"

And I told you exactly why I thought Rob Lucci can win... I doesn't matter if I'm comparing medic treatment to what ever... His skin can be pierced, Snake shot is basically Shigan, and Lucci is a master of Shigan, and thanks to his leapord form he doesn't have to worry about his durability anyway...

I think you forgot that Lucci's strength was noticed by the Shichibukai... Kuma barely believed he was beaten at all...

I really hate when people use the word biased, because that's what people say when they cannot validate their argument...
    Luffy was noticed by the entire the world and it did not change the fact that before the time skip he would have been fodder against any well known pirate in the new world and it does not change that during the war he was so weak compared to everyone else that he had to be protected by every pirate with an ounce of strength and even then he barely made it alive. Lucci was strong by the standards of that point of the manga but in the standards of the manga now lucci would be so pathetically weak he might as well be nameless pirate C.

Shigan or rankyaku are decent moves but they are by no means game winners. Heck, I don't even see how your snake shot comparison even helps your argument even assuming the attack is indeed comparable to shigan. Was hodi taken back by the attack? It hurt but he got over it and kept fighting like if nothing happened. How many shigans would lucci actually have to land to kill hodi? 100? 200? 300? People in one piece don't die from a single hole in their body, luffy or WB(500 gunshots for fucks sake) have proven that. I am not saying hodi anywhere even remotely near WB however how many holes would you have to put on his body to take him down? He is a fucking unnatural freak of nature for crying out loud. When fighting kaku zoro must have taken hundreds of rankyaku's on his own body at one point and it was by no means a game winner. Luffy was cut several times by that and it still did not kill him. The amount of shigan's or rankyaku's hodi would have to take for him to be defeated would have to number in the thousands considering his insane endurance and that is assuming lucci's claws don't break lol. Honestly, I don't think speed is something lucci would be able to hold over hodi, I don't think hodi was that weak honestly. One way or the other hodi was a trained soldier who was acknowledge to have a lot of talent as a fighter. I really would not be surprised if before his transformation he would have been at around the level where he could have given pre time skip luffy a fight.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

RezzieThaRapper
    But you seem biased, with your reasoning Lucci should win against nearly everyone in the OP universe due to his mastery of Rokushiki. So Kuma has revealed that Rob Lucci is a formidable fighter, nobody questioned that, him being the strong arm of the CP9/Ennies Lobby, but in the end it's just for hyping up Luffys strength and nothing else.

You posted the same stuff[We already got it, that Lucci can use every Rokushiki technique, what now?] as yesterday without reacting to the points made for Hody, instead you try to downtalk them. "well this fight went this way, and this fight went this way, so I guess this fight has gotta go this way" This is no way to discuss the topic, by avoiding arguments.

We must make those comparisons to SKY-Luffy, EL-Luffy, SA-Luffy and FI-Luffy, because they show their growth, while both Lucci and Hody represent their struggle at those moments.

If it's SKY-L < Lucci =< EL-L < SA-L <<< Pacifista ~ Mugiwara Crew <<< FI-Luffy >[>] Bizarrohody, than where did you get the idea that Lucci could be anywhere near Hody?
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 30, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucci sure as hell can't beat everyone... but he definitely has a chance against Hody...

Any Shichibukai would take out Lucci

Any of Whitebeards Commanders

Plenty of New World Pirates

A couple of Supernovas

Good amount of VA's and anyone above that rank

All those above could beat Lucci...

But Hody isn't them... His special ability is to eat pills and tank hits... but Lucci can deal a lot of hits... they may not be Post Time-Skip Luffy powerful, but Lucci can lay down the assault until he's down

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast