Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: [Josei] Bokura no Kiseki by Kumeta Natsuo

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

[Josei] Bokura no Kiseki by Kumeta Natsuo

Bokura no Kiseki
    Associated Names: Our Miracle
    Author/Artist: Kumeta Natsuo

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=34396

Summary(from mangaupdates):
    From a young age, Minami Harusumi has had recurring dreams of Veronica, a princess whose kingdom is on the verge of destruction. He believes them to be recollections of his past life, and that he is her reincarnation. Because of this, he is ridiculed by his classmates. One day, when the mockery escalates into bullying, he rediscovers magic - something Veronica had studied and used. Reassured his past life is not merely a fantasy, Minami tries to learn more about his past memories and the reason behind them...

Genre: Josei, Gender Bender, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, School Life, Supernatural
    Group Scanlating: Bliss(http://bliss.diamond-virgin.net/) (inactive), Deux Ex Scans(http://deusexscans.blogspot.com/)
    Original Publisher: Ichijinsha
    Serialized in: Zero-Sum Ward(Ichijinsha)

My Review:
    Plot: The idea is simple, this is about people reincarnated and tracing their past lives. But it doesn't mean the story is shallow, this manga is so deep with its plot. You can find the idea of reincarnation is being handled very well, with so much mysteries so you can keep interested in reading more and more. The story flows with good pace, every little details are well thought. The atmosphere is also really good, you can feel some chapters is very intense, good cliffhangers and some cute romances as well as little comedy.
    My point: 10
    Characters: When I first read this series, I almost confused because so many characters are introduced at the beginning of the story, but there are no random stupid character here, pheww... Everyone have their own roles, even the minor ones. All characters are so real, their characterization is so deep and they have strong personalities. Minami(and Veronica) as main character is not your usual josei/shoujo lead with princey personality, he is beyond that stereotyped or hypocrite heros out there. He thinks smart, he speaks well, and he does consider every little things. There are some mysterious characters which will makes the story getting more interesting. Every characters are relatively likeable. What I like the most is, all characters can think.
    My point: 10
    Art: Kumeta Natsuo's art is beautiful, it has cute modern shoujo style but gives also those shounen vibes. Her drawing is clean, and every characters aren't drawn alike. Their movements and action scenes are well drawn, not very dynamic but also not static. Characters' expressions as well, you can feel their emotions. The art gets better as the story goes, even at the start of the manga, it was already good.
    My point: 9

Overall point: 10
    This manga is a must read. Even if you avoid josei or shoujo, this manga is actually very good. If you want well thought josei with some good fantasy and lots of mysteries with refreshing feelings, that give little but warm romances, this is your manga. Gender bender tag doesn't mean the character is crossdressing, so you should not read wishing to see them.
    Seriously, this manga is really good. I found people tend to avoid this one because of its josei tag, but believe me, the story will beat some stereotyped shounen out there. Unfortunately we only have one chapter per two months, but 50+ pages good story per chapter will makes up for it. Bokura no Kiseki deserve more attentions! So start reading, and let's discuss!
    Last edited by windy van; September 06, 2013 at 09:32 AM.

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Josei] Bokura no Kiseki by Kumeta Natsuo

So I started it but it is not the most easy to follow. Between all those protagonists, these double personalities, those who don't know who is who and those who don't say who say are :-)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Josei] Bokura no Kiseki by Kumeta Natsuo

Yes it is, the main point in this manga is the mystery. When I read Bokura no Kiseki for the first time, I was confused, with so many characters being introduced at the same time. But I find the story is so interesting, I started reread, and wow.. Every little things makes sense, the mysteries itself is what makes this manga so addictive, they revealed one by one as the story goes.

This is definitely one of the best fantasy/josei I've ever read. It's a shame people don't know this series, as it deserve more love.

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

New Reply