Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 7 seeds by Tamura Yumi

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Blush 7 seeds by Tamura Yumi

Title: 7 seeds
    Author: Nakamura Yoshiki
    Genre: Adventure, Josei, Psychological, Romance, Apocalypse
    Year: 2002
    Publisher: Shogakukan, Pika
    Current Scanlation Groups: Tsukihana Scans, Rain Over Paradise

Summary by Mangaupdates:
    Scientists had predicted this disaster, and in response, the leaders of every country met to develop a plan for human survival before the meteor hit. The 7Seeds project was developed out of this meeting. Each country froze a number of young healthy people, which allowed them to survive the meteor. After the computer determined that Earth was once again safe for human life, it released them into the world.

The Japanese government created five groups of survivors: Winter group, Spring group, Summer group A, Summer group B, and Fall group. Each group consisted of seven members and one guide. The guide carried small tubes of poison on their necks to allow them to end their lives if their situation became unbearable. The Japanese government prepared seven "Fuji" as refuges for the groups. In each Fuji, the group would find seeds and numerous books instructing them on survival in the wilderness.

7 Seeds won the 2007 Shogakukan Manga Award for shoujo manga.

My thoughts:
    I'm surprised there is no thread for that manga since I barely slept the last two nights before I catch the last chapter releases.
    That is my first Josei, and I must said Tamura Yumi made a really good job to attract boys to her side. After all the apocalypse theme is an all time favorite from seinen. Even if sometime I wonder how they can travel around Japan so fast, it is only for the benefit of the plot. The presentation of the 5 seven seeds teams in particular is really well made (special mention for Team winter). The romance side of the Josei adds originality to an overused theme. I will follow this serie with real enthusiasm. And I hope some of MH members will join me.
    Last edited by k-dom; February 06, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Josei] 7 seeds by Tamura Yumi

7 Seeds is generally regarded as a classic, it's on my list but I have not had a chance to read it yet. Definitely something I will be trying soon.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if an on going serie can be labelled as a classic but so far I really enjoy it. The interactions between the characters be it love or hate are really well done. I will look forward you opinion once you try it.
    Otherwise, the last 2 chapters were really funny and I'm curious to see what will happen next.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 92 - "Someone in the Wind" is out : http://pandaranda.dreamwidth.org/23983.html
    Another very good chapter, the page where Arashi is in the sea thinking of Hana were really beautiful. And I like Botan character more and more. It will be hard to Ryo and Ango to handle her like they do with the others

---------- Post added February 06, 2012 at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was January 09, 2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

An extract from an interview of Tamura sensei has been translated by pandaranda. It's only a part though, since the rest is spoilerish.
    http://pandaranda.dreamwidth.org/25286.html?#cutid1
    I'm quite surprised that so many people relate to Natsu. She is a bit to extreme in her awkwardness for me.

---------- Post added March 05, 2012 at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was February 06, 2012 at 10:10 PM ----------

In case some wonder what happened to this week release, pandaranda signaled in her blog, that due to university start, their releases would be from now on a fortnight schedule (at best).

And this happens just when a countdown appears ! Life is cruel. Anyway good luck for the team studies and thanks again for the good job.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad news for French readers of 7 seeds :
    http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/...rtaines-series

It's probably one of the manga I enjoy the most at the moment and I would have probably start to buy it if the serialisation resumed so I'm really disappointed. Maybe Kana started to release it to early, I'm pretty sure that there would be more fans now thanks to the scan, but I may be wrong too (this thread is pretty much dead :-(

Anyway I guess I will continue to read it online then especially since we are in a really good arc at the moment. Great character evolution in perspective.
    Last edited by k-dom; April 19, 2012 at 03:23 AM.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading this about four years ago when my sister told me she translated it. But I think I dropped it after 1 volume?

maybe because of the quality of the scans, or that I used my brain too much, or some such thing. Is it still ongoing?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it still ongoing and doesn't look to end soon for the moment.
    It still my favourite josei by far so I would certainly recommend giving it a new try :-)
    There are 2 teams scanlating it at the moment but both have become irregular since tsukihana had staff issue.They are not that far behind though

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I started reading this about four years ago when my sister told me she translated it. But I think I dropped it after 1 volume?
    Errr... You should give it another try.. I totally recommend this one..
    This is definitely the better one you could find..
    If you manage to read, it will be really addicting..

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh finally someone who likes this great manga. It almost makes me forget the slow pace of the recent releases :-(

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

does the art get better?

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm.. I can't really says the art get much better, she has her own style in drawing manga..
    You shouldn't hope the art to change into new shoujo art style..
    For me, the story makes up for the art.. When i first read her mangas, started with Basara, i always avoid it because i don't like the art..
    But after i managed to read, it was really good, no wonder it won awards..
    Come on.. Give it a try.. Those high rating doesn't mean people exaggerating too much..

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I find her art quite nice. It has some girl manga typical traits but it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

---------- Post added July 11, 2013 at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was July 08, 2013 at 12:00 PM ----------

windy van, do you think that them searching for this mysterious Sado island signal that the serie is approaching from its climax ?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I find her art quite nice. It has some girl manga typical traits but it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

---------- Post added July 11, 2013 at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was July 08, 2013 at 12:00 PM ----------

windy van, do you think that them searching for this mysterious Sado island signal that the serie is approaching from its climax ?
    Umm, shouldn't you put those in spoiler tags?
    Spoiler show

Oh, Tell me who are your favorite characters? Tbh, I like Ango a lot despite what he did to Hana, and I like Natsu, she is grows for me..
    It's been a while since I read the latest chapter, you make me reread this series again so I could remember again.. Thank you k-dom-kun..

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well as you can see this thread is not very crowded so it is pretty safe to discuss without spoiler tags :-)

As for my favourite character, even if they suffered during their tests I can't really forget what Ango did to Hana. Even if they are a bit of idiots, I like team summer B members. The arc where they meet Ango and Ryo and they all learn from each other was really great to read. Semimaru and Botan are probably my favourite among them.
    Also Takahiro has a really moving story. The story of winter team was what makes me fall in love with this manga and the last chapters were so sad again for him. Tamura is a mean mangaka sometime :-)

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahaha.. But still, some people do not want to be spoiled..

Yes, I'm being biased here about Ango and I'm a shipper for him and Natsu.. I despise him for what he did to Hana, but I like him for his leadership, his arc is one of my favorite,
    Spoiler show
    TT
    I likes most of the characters here, even the dogs . They are pretty likable. At first I felt annoyed with Hana and Arashi undying love. But not anymore coz they managed to control..
    Spoiler show

Waa, Tamura Yumi is a sadist. How come she killed Ageha in Basara? In 7 Seeds, there are so much people dying. It's realistic enough though which i can't really complain..

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast