Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

5 2.44%
  • 2 (Boring)

2 0.98%
  • 3 (Regular)

13 6.34%
  • 4 (Good)

64 31.22%
  • 5 (Epic!)

121 59.02%
New Reply
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 648 Discussion

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 648 Discussion / 649 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by zozo96 View Post
    I forgot the other point. Why would Caribou release the mermaids? I think it is simple. Do you remember what was the motive of him kidnapping the mermaids in the first place? To sell them for money. Now that he has the treasures, why would he busy himself to sell the mermaids?
    or maybe... he ran out of storage place? I mean if he could, he sure looks like someone ruthless enough to keep the mermaids and sell them anyway, like "what's better than money?" "more money!"
    I'm wondering more where he went afterwards, I'd bet on stowing away on the Sunny again to get to the surface as fast as possible. a fine way for the strawhats to get some loot that is if they find him <.<

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zozo96's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    or maybe... he ran out of storage place? I mean if he could, he sure looks like someone ruthless enough to keep the mermaids and sell them anyway, like "what's better than money?" "more money!"
    I'm wondering more where he went afterwards, I'd bet on stowing away on the Sunny again to get to the surface as fast as possible. a fine way for the strawhats to get some loot that is if they find him <.<
    Some posters already stated that the capacity of his storage is unlimited. So, out-of-space should be ruled out. But, I agree that at some point, more money would had been a huge consideration that Caribou must had been done.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the better chapter lately. I can't wait for this arc to end. It was rather obvious that Jinbe will joined them considering how much hints Oda had given us (one of those was the cover). Though, how would Jinbe adding to the group dynamic? He probably gonna just hang out with zoro and being manly about everything. And I think, we have been waiting long enough to see all the new bounties.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather go with this line: "we'll need that family's power to restore it". I like it better.

The sea kings are awesome creatures. They just are.

This chapter is pure epicness.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot the other point. Why would Caribou release the mermaids? I think it is simple. Do you remember what was the motive of him kidnapping the mermaids in the first place? To sell them for money. Now that he has the treasures, why would he busy himself to sell the mermaids?
    but it would mean he has a bit of mind,he could easily keep both of them,the mermaids and the treasures.especially since his power is bottomless.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    Though, how would Jinbe adding to the group dynamic? He probably gonna just hang out with zoro and being manly about everything. And I think, we have been waiting long enough to see all the new bounties.
    No i bet Jimbei will spend all his time in the aquarium ....thank god Franky build one

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwEeD View Post
    Or "The 1 billion beri crew" as with Jinbe joining (and assuming they reinstated his former bounty of 250 million) and Luffy's new bounty of 400 million making the SH total 767 million (and 50) beri the new total would be 1 billion and some peanuts
    Actually, after the War of Marineford, Jinbe's bounty was raised to over 400 Million, making it the highest known bounty yet. Furthermore, the combined total of the SH's bounties equal 800 Million and 50 (you forgot to add in Brook's 33 Million). Ergo, if Jinbe joins, the SH's total would be over 12,000 Million and 50.
    Last edited by EddyBob15; November 30, 2011 at 04:27 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    but it would mean he has a bit of mind,he could easily keep both of them,the mermaids and the treasures.especially since his power is bottomless.
    well if it really is bottomless... Caribou is no Blackbeard.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Some posters already stated that the capacity of his storage is unlimited. So, out-of-space should be ruled out. But, I agree that at some point, more money would had been a huge consideration that Caribou must had been done.
    then there is no real reason behind this move other than clearing this loose thread to move on and all ties to FI are cut? that would be a lame storytelling explanation. The way Caribou was shown before rules out any humane or sane reason to free the mermaids too. I wonder where it's mentioned though that his capacity is unlimited, other than himself stating it? characters can be wrong - even though they rarely really are. Such an overestimation of the own powers would imo suit his character well though.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    then there is no real reason behind this move other than clearing this loose thread to move on and all ties to FI are cut? that would be a lame storytelling explanation. The way Caribou was shown before rules out any humane or sane reason to free the mermaids too. I wonder where it's mentioned though that his capacity is unlimited, other than himself stating it? characters can be wrong - even though they rarely really are. Such an overestimation of the own powers would imo suit his character well though.
    As I already stated, he himself said his bottomless bog is infinite: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/612/4 http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/612/5
    Just because no one could provide a working explanation doesn't mean there is none. If Nami were at some point in the palast ( the first time when they met Hody doesn't count) my example scenario in a previous post would've worked.

Btw, though the translation differ significantly one could derive from the sea king's talk that they aren't that old as many thought.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ottoman_Pasha's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 648 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    what? http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/621/13 jimbe is 41 years old now,while brook is about 90! franky is 37 and robin 30,jimbe isn't much different and don't consider them before seeing them in action.I mean,look at what franky was before joining the crew ecc. jimbe is really perfect!
    jinbe is 46 and franky 36. ten years!
    it's not just 'age'. franky is a quite fresh pirate; just like all other SH members.
    compared to jinbe, all SH pirates are fresh and promising.
    that's why, imo jinbe doesn't fit.
    brooks has a different story. he is not 'old' like 90 year old grandpa. his life was practically 'stalled'. he is at least as fresh as all other members.
    jinbe on the other hand has already experienced new world. he has a vast history of piracy. he sealed under the legendary FM tiger; what shall he think for 'captain' luffy now? luffy is an empty headed fool, but he has the utter respect and trust of his nakama. he even has his own kind of authority.
    for me, jinbe is like an elder brother to luffy. i can't imagine him as a part of luffy's crew.
    jinbe has his dreams ok but having a dream doesn't necessarily mean that he shares the same ambition with the SH pirates who all are burning to explore the sees and follow a crazy captain.
    the cool headed, experienced character of jinbe would be a great benefit to the SH pirates, yes but he is imo just not lively, warm, fresh, funny and emotional enough to be a SH pirate.
    imo, jinbe already lived his best times, just like rayleigh...
    i won't be surprised if he rejects the offer and suggests someone else. perhaps, he was expecting that luffy would ask him to join and that's why he found someone more 'straw-hattish' than himself and even trained him/her especially for that purpose?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

jinbe's bounty is over 400 millions,that's sure,it was stated recently. but I'm sure rufy's bounty has overcome jinbe's now that he has appeared again and destroyed a px with just a hit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoman_Pasha View Post
    it's not just 'age'. franky is a quite fresh pirate; just like all other SH members.
    brooks has a different story. he is not 'old' like 90 year old grandpa. his life was practically 'stalled'. he is at least as fresh as all other members.
    jinbe on the other hand has already experienced new world. he has a vast history of piracy. he sealed under the legendary FM tiger; what shall he think for 'captain' luffy now? luffy is an empty headed fool, but he has the utter respect and trust of his nakama. he even has his own kind of authority.
    for me, jinbe is like an elder brother to luffy. i can't imagine him as a part of luffy's crew.
    jinbe has his dreams ok but having a dream doesn't necessarily mean that he shares the same ambition with the SH pirates who all are burning to explore the sees and follow a crazy captain.
    the cool headed, experienced character of jinbe would be a great benefit to the SH pirates, yes but he is imo just not lively, warm, fresh, funny and emotional enough to be a SH pirate.
    i won't be surprised if he rejects the offer and suggests someone else. perhaps, he was expecting that luffy would ask him to join and that's why he found someone more 'straw-hattish' than himself and even trained him/her especially for that purpose?
    Brook looks fresh? He's only bones, and he is the oldest in the crew. Oda himself stated that if the crew was a family, Brook would be the Grandpa. Age really doesn't matter, if Luffy wanted a "fresh" crew everybody would be under 20. Not all the straw hats fit the category of lively and emotion like you say, just look at Robin.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoman_Pasha View Post
    anyway jinbe is the best choice,and remember almost every member refused to join the crew,but rufy convicned them(zoro,sanji,franky and even nami and usop for some aspects).Also,neither shirahoshi nor bibi can join the crew because they are princesses and they ahve to guide their countries. noone is strong enough to join the crew and they need a fishman,then jinbe is the best one,since he met rufy over 10 volumes ago,fought with him,promised to defend him,and came back with him and rayleigh.according to the latest chapters rufy is regarded as a hero,he saved noah and the island,he has the same power roger had ecc. jinbe is surely looking him up.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PageUpgrade92's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ahh, another great chapter of one piece. And to all those hating on strawhat for bleeding so much...give him a break. I mean he friggin did an amazing beating on that ship, in fact it needs caps to express:

ELEPHANT GATLING with armor<----wow, that was the beastiest move i have ever seen.

he did that with flesh wound from hody. So there's gotta be some blood.

anyway. looks like FI arc is wrapping up

New Reply
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast