Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The true strength of a menos grande

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The true strength of a menos grande

[begin ramble]Exactly how stong is a menos grande? I remember Rukia saying they were left to the 'elites'

But how strong a shinigami is needed to defeat one? VC, 3rd seat, 4th seat?

Of course Ichigo injured that one Menos back in early bleach and it was such a big deal, but even then, he didn't 'kill' it. Plus the power scales back then were very cloudy(as in he suddenly released a ton more energy than usual)

People took Renji's disbelief that Ichigo injured the menos as evidence that menos were extremely strong that even a vice captain would have trouble(that was after we actually learned that renji was a VC of course)

Then the menos all appearing on soukyoku hill made them even more fearsome.( Even though it was just Oomaeda who showed visible fear at seeing them)

The point is, ever since then with the introduction of arrancars, normal gillian have been nerfed in comparison, even though Kubo still was cloudy on exactly which arrancar where which class of menos(gillian, adjucas, VL).

So how strong does one have to be to fight a gillian menos grande or injure one like Ichigo?

Would Chad post-SS but pre-HM or even during Soul Society be able to do anything against one for example?
    Can Rukia kill one? It seems perfect for her first dance technique which goes straight into the air(and gillian are basically towers).
    But then everyone says, "oh Rukia was so scared of the one that came into KK town."

I don't know, it's pretty confusing. I mean around HM arc during the Ashido fillers, everyone was taking out gillian like nothing. Yeah it's fillers I know, but Kubo said he wanted Ashido to be canon if that can console anyone.
    It's not really about the size of a gillian either since there's Lunuganga(the sand hollow) He was actually canon and the size of a gillian or even larger, but basically fodder in the end from rukia's 2nd dance.[/end ramble]
    Last edited by Revolation; November 23, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The true strength of a menos grande

I think normal menos should be handled easily by VC class. Everyone who managed to defeat an Arrancar (numeros does count) shouldn't have a problem with menos grandes imo. So I think every VC is able to defeat them without any problems and some 3rd seats.. + Yumichika of course XD

We know that in Bleach, power levels are kinda like this:
    Captain>>>>>>>>>>>VC>>>>>>>>>>>>3rd>4th>5th>etc (Ikkaku and Yumichika don't count XD), I take others besides Capt & VC as really weak.

ex oriente lux

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Menos grande, the lowest level of menos known to us should not be a dificult fight for a VC in the least. Heck, a few arrancar were shown to come from menos grande and they were easily dealt with. We also have to consider what "elite" means. SS has 3000 shinigami and from those they have to fill 20 seated positions in each division. Elite in this context is not limited to VC and captains but rather all the seated officers and as we have seen in general people below the third position are generally weak (while at the same time MUCH stronger than seatless shinigami). In this regard there is a huge range for strength, specially among what is elite. I would think that at least a seated officer is required to fight a menos grande.

Once it comes to adjuca you would need a third seat or VC and when it comes to VL you would need a captain. Obviously power levels don't fit perfectly in all cases but in turn I do think they work at a general level.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is that 'elites' include anyone from like 5th seat and above, which doesn't mean 'strong' by current standards depending on who we are talking about, but it is strong for an actual seated officer, considering there are like 10,000 shinigami and about 20 15th seat officers. That means about 250/10,000+ can take on a menos.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Menos grande, the lowest level of menos known to us should not be a dificult fight for a VC in the least. Heck, a few arrancar were shown to come from menos grande and they were easily dealt with. We also have to consider what "elite" means. SS has 3000 shinigami and from those they have to fill 20 seated positions in each division. Elite in this context is not limited to VC and captains but rather all the seated officers and as we have seen in general people below the third position are generally weak (while at the same time MUCH stronger than seatless shinigami). In this regard there is a huge range for strength, specially among what is elite. I would think that at least a seated officer is required to fight a menos grande.

Once it comes to adjuca you would need a third seat or VC and when it comes to VL you would need a captain. Obviously power levels don't fit perfectly in all cases but in turn I do think they work at a general level.
    I though that was just the number of 'relevant' shinigami, but there were a lot more in total or not inside Seireitei.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there are that many more anywhere else. We know roughly how many shinigaim each division had (200 or 300) so there is no reason to think there are 10000 shinigami. Heck, we can get a roughly similar number of we calculate how many shinigami per humans there are. The databook said there is 1 shinigami per 50000 people which is consistent with there being around 3000 shinigami in total (just enough for the entire population of japan).

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

When Ichigo and Co. faced Menos Grande for the first time, I was shocked. Shocked to see something so huge and terrifying (some exaggeration perhaps ). Back then, even Rukia looked panicked. MG lacks mobility. It makes easier to land a hit. Menos Grande should not be a problem for VC's at least. May be the seated shingamis can also defeat them with relative difficulty.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, now there are going to be American Death Gods with .50 cal spirit guns. Is the entire story and number based only on Japan?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yes. Well, the numbers would theoretically work for any nation that has around 130 mil people lol. Anyways, I thought this was general knowledge of the manga, obviously the gotei 13 cannot cover the entire human population with their amount of shinigami and their 1/50000 ratio. Nations change a lot while SS does not so perhaps there would be other sereitei type thingies for other areas. The alternative would be that people outside of japan do not have souls lol. Perhaps the issue is that for whatever other reason sereitei type of things are not needed outside of japan (maybe because of the king, or the soul particle concentration aizen needed to make the key).

New Reply