Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 327 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 327 Spoiler Discussion

So goto was a nen user? For me that was a surprising development, I always assumed he could not use nen and neither could the other butlers (with the exception of the old lady).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Foreva's Avatar
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I don't know why you guys all say that Gotoh is dead.
    Sure, he got cut in the neck, but that doesn't mean he's dead.

And, I can totally see his head in the last panel.
    I don't know why you say that he's headless...
    He didn't just get his throat cut; he got it cut by Hisoka, the guy who has been shown to be a masterful throat-cutter since the beginning of the series. I don't know how you could expect him to survive that. Plus, this is HxH, it's not unusual for nice side characters to die; things like this happened various times in the past.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisoka is spiderman with an invisible web and a killing instinct.

Gotoh is done for, unless some of the other butlers step in to help. There's no way Gotoh will live, being besides his killer, in the middle of nowhere, and Alluka needs to touch a person for healing wishes. Unless Killua decides to turn back and save Gotoh, that butler is dead.

But then again this might become Killua's first real trial: deciding upon Gon's life above Gotoh's. And I think he will sacrifice the butler.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

its the last page of the chapter, who knows whats in togashi's mind

that maybe one of the butlers ability to create a replica of someone they touch/see/know

we wont know it until next week but it also suck if gotoh is really dead coz he is nice to my

favorite character Killua.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who are impatient just like me and are unable to wait for Mangastreams release.

Here is the chinese version of the chapter.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Foreva View Post
    That technique only worked because Gotoh didn't have enough power to shoot the coins through the gum layer. If Hisoka uses that technique against someone strong like Razor, his face or chest would definitely be crushed by an emission attack or a projectile, as the layer would be pushed back very far towards his body; not to mention vs. Netero. But then he might not use it when fighting high-level opponents.
    The dialogue said Hisoka got entangled in his own gum and had to make it disappear. From the translation it sounds like the fight went something like this:

Gotoh shoots coins
    Hisoka reflects them back with the gum
    Gotoh shoots the coins at the reflected coins, which pushes the gum back too.

After some undisclosed number of rounds, Hisoka was in danger of getting entangled by his own gum so he canceled the ability.

Based on the final scene I don't see how Hisoka's ability got him any upper hand. There has to be a point above Gotoh that Hisoka could've been hidden anyway since the gum has to be attached to something above Gotoh for Hisoka to pull that spiderman stunt.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Based on the final scene I don't see how Hisoka's ability got him any upper hand. There has to be a point above Gotoh that Hisoka could've been hidden anyway since the gum has to be attached to something above Gotoh for Hisoka to pull that spiderman stunt.
    Just read the chapter and you'll know the answer to it. I don't want to spoil you so just click on the link in my previous post.
    Last edited by Host Samurai; November 30, 2011 at 02:44 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Gotoh held his own as far as Nen is concerned. It appears he didn't have enough "power" to penetrate Hisoka's nen net though.

Hisoka just dominated him in fighting ability, he used his speed and agility to outpace Gotoh, and hid himself well in his surroundings. Not necessarily a "nen" battle per-se, but Hisoka's killing ability was just leagues ahead of Gotoh it seemed.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest after the Ant arc power fights. These fights seem childish Doesn't anybody else feel the same? It's like Shamo after the chinese arc.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    So goto was a nen user? For me that was a surprising development, I always assumed he could not use nen and neither could the other butlers (with the exception of the old lady).
    Seaquant, one of the Zoldyck janitors, was originally a professional Blacklist Hunter. He tried to storm the Zoldyck estate with 100 of his finest men and they all were wiped out by Canary--a butler apprentice. So if Canary (likely) knows how to use Nen as an apprentice, Gotoh was likely leagues above her.

Basically, they're all screwed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Just read the chapter and you'll know the answer to it. I don't want to spoil you so just click on the link of my previous post.
    I checked the manga. It looks like the attack was only there to create a distraction on Gotoh and it's still Hisoka's physical ability/stealth that was responsible for the kill. For example the attack could've been just Hisoka's standard card barrage and it looks like it'd still be enough to create the opening he needed.

Looking at the damage Hisoka sustained against Razor, it'd seem like Hisoka can only safely reflect attacks that he can guard normally. If it's an attack he cannot guard normally (i.e. Razor's), he'd take damage while reflecting it too.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devilitachi View Post
    To be honest after the Ant arc power fights. These fights seem childish Doesn't anybody else feel the same? It's like Shamo after the chinese arc.
    I still got the same dynamic feeling, when reading the chapter. And watching how well Hisoka used his surroundings to kill Gotoh just proved that he is indeed a veteran killer whereas Gotoh was inexperienced in that department. I'm really looking forward to what Illumi has to offer.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devilitachi View Post
    During the Spider arc, Killua said, "Just imagined there are 2 Hisokas there (referring to Machi + Nobunaga).

Now it should be something like "Just imagine there's 1/3 of Pitou there."

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I checked the manga. It looks like the attack was only there to create a distraction on Gotoh and it's still Hisoka's physical ability/stealth that was responsible for the kill. For example the attack could've been just Hisoka's standard card barrage and it looks like it'd still be enough to create the opening he needed.

Looking at the damage Hisoka sustained against Razor, it'd seem like Hisoka can only safely reflect attacks that he can guard normally. If it's an attack he cannot guard normally (i.e. Razor's), he'd take damage while reflecting it too.
    Knowing Hisoka's personality he probably judged every single one of them beforehand. Since he wasn't 'excited' he killed Gotoh off as fast as he could. And the fact that he used his own coins as distraction, why he didn't pay attention to the slightest change in his surrouding further points my previous statement that Gotoh wasn't experienced fighter due to his profession, which was being a butler in the Zoldyck estate.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Knowing Hisoka's personality he probably judged every single one of them beforehand. Since he wasn't 'excited' he killed Gotoh off as fast as he could. And the fact that he used his own coins as distraction, why he didn't pay attention to the slightest change in his surrouding further points my previous statement that Gotoh wasn't experienced fighter due to his profession, which was being a butler in the Zoldyck estate.
    Hisoka isn't exactly a human scouter like Knuckles is, though it'd be safe to assume he can tell these guys ought to be weaker than him.

HXH puts a pretty significant difference between:

1. Training.
    2. Fighting in controlled environments.
    3. Fighting to the death.

Obviously Hisoka is a master in all 3, while it's hard to see Gotoh even having much exposure to #2 let alone #3.

New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast