Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Air Gear 338 Discussion/ 339 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 338 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drylick View Post

So it turns out that Ikki is one of those "1%". So it's like the battle of the "1%" which is Ikki and Ringo, vs. the "99%" which is Sora and Rika.
    Rika isn't part of the 99%, Minami called Gazelle his masterpiece. Which Rika is now a backup of Gazelle. Sora even called her the only one who's special which would make her the 1%. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v31/c296/9.html So Sora calling Ikki part of the 1% when Rika is the same thing is fucking stupid

Sora's whole 99% shit is nothing more then his justification for murdering innocent people. All the gravity children he murdered weren't part of the 1% they were all failures like he was. So him screaming about wanting to help the 99% is hypocritical since he murdered a bunch of them to get his power. We'll see Sora's true nature before this fight is over which is why people will start supporting Ikki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 338 Discussion/ 339 Predictions

oyos

you know, if sora considers ikki the "1%" and if it really is accurate that ikki was simply not even worrying about any 'wall' then it really comes down to "being talented is the lack of time to realize there's an obstacle"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    He wasn't using the Regalia; he was combining the 'tangibility of the now-dense air' with his 'ability to catch Moondrops' to travel like a jet.
    Um . . . both you and Drylick seem to have misunderstood my meaning. I wasn't doubting Ikki's ability to catch the wind, and I also know that he did what you say he did. Read my post more carefully, please.

And yeah, I agree that Sora is being hypocritical with the whole 99% and 1% thing, and is also only using it to justify his murdering of innocent people. And he also said it so that the could garner the attention and support of the public, which actually seems to have worked if you look at what happened last chapter.

Though, some of the Gravity Children he killed off could have been successful ones, it's not like Kilik was the only successful one and the rest were the "defective goods". Simca is his sister, I do doubt she was amongst the "defective" ones.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    Though, some of the Gravity Children he killed off could have been successful ones, it's not like Kilik was the only successful one and the rest were the "defective goods". Simca is his sister, I do doubt she was amongst the "defective" ones.
    If you go through the chapters they only mention Kiric being successful they never mention Simca. There's that page in one of the recent chapters that shows only Kiric in the spotlight. If Simca was successful like her brother you'd figure OG would've mentioned her as well. Just because they're twins doesn't mean they share the same ability. Just look at their roads completely different not to mention Simca doesn't have any A-T fighting skills.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. Good point.

Speaking of Simca, who in here besides me is looking forward to her date with Ikki? Remember, he did ask her out.

Edit: There's something I don't get; Ikki bowed and apologized for messing up, back at Kansai during the Devil's 30-30, right? So now, when he apologized to Ringo this chapter, why did the both of them act like it was the first time? Being that that that back then was also the first time he ever rode on the wind himself, without any outside help, you'd think it'd be significant and that it'd be remembered more, since Nakayama and Emily were also both all like, "Oh no! Ikki apologized! Is it the end of the world?! Apocalypse! Notradamus" (how do you spell that word?), but no, all of a sudden, it's like that never even happened.
    Last edited by DragonOsman2; December 03, 2011 at 08:36 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. Good point.

Speaking of Simca, who in here besides me is looking forward to her date with Ikki? Remember, he did ask her out.

Edit: There's something I don't get; Ikki bowed and apologized for messing up, back at Kansai during the Devil's 30-30, right? So now, when he apologized to Ringo this chapter, why did the both of them act like it was the first time? Being that that that back then was also the first time he ever rode on the wind himself, without any outside help, you'd think it'd be significant and that it'd be remembered more, since Nakayama and Emily were also both all like, "Oh no! Ikki apologized! Is it the end of the world?! Apocalypse! Notradamus" (how do you spell that word?), but no, all of a sudden, it's like that never even happened.
    Well he was actually saying he was lucky to meet her and she was surprised that he was saying such a thing to her emphasis on her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Um . . . both you and Drylick seem to have misunderstood my meaning. I wasn't doubting Ikki's ability to catch the wind, and I also know that he did what you say he did. Read my post more carefully, please.
    Fine, but I will say this: don't get snappy with me. You're coming off as pretty rude. I don't even understand how I "misunderstood your meaning." You asked if Ikki was using the regalia to use the air as a platform, and I said he wasn't, and explained why it looked more powerful than it normally would. Again, don't get snappy.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; December 03, 2011 at 10:57 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was only asking if it was all because of the Regalia. That's why I asked you to read my post more carefully. I was only asking how much of it was the Regalia and how much of it was his own power. I know now, from the chapter, that his acceleration was greater due to the fact that the air is thicker where they are. He was able to hold it like a piece of paper or drape. So the boost from it was greater. Meaning it was all him, not the Regalia.

@ikkixringo: Yeah, that makes more sense, though I still have to wonder why it's strange that he said to her and not someone else, since she was the one who introduced him to AT.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was only asking if it was all because of the Regalia. That's why I asked you to read my post more carefully. I was only asking how much of it was the Regalia and how much of it was his own power. I know now, from the chapter, that his acceleration was greater due to the fact that the air is thicker where they are. He was able to hold it like a piece of paper or drape. So the boost from it was greater. Meaning it was all him, not the Regalia.

@ikkixringo: Yeah, that makes more sense, though I still have to wonder why it's strange that he said to her and not someone else, since she was the one who introduced him to AT.
    Very true but I think she was surprised because he's never said that kind of thing to her all the viewers would think it's normal because she introduced him to AT but in the manga it's a a surprise because (once again) he never says stuff like that to her

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3