Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Vinland Saga Chapter 79 Discussion/80 Prediction

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinland Saga Chapter 79 Discussion/80 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Vinland Saga.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Last edited by Josef K.; December 29, 2011 at 12:56 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga Chapter 78 Discussion/79 Predictions

New Chapter

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

thats some problems now... kill her husband who is wanted, or help him and get wanted too and if so... join the forces who wants to raid ketil ^^ the raid comes to the best time somehow

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Really interesting chapter. I didn't see this one coming. So we finally understand the motives of the "slave".
    And it seems that the "geezer" isn't going to live for much longer. I wonder what effects will that have on the story and also on Snake. Is justifications didn't seem what it really feels.

But i just gotta say that this manga keeps being interesting, even though it is Monthly. Something definitely difficult, at least for me, for mangas like that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga Chapter 79 Discussion/80 Prediction

As the other post was moved to Valhalla:

Really, really loved this one =D

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. The chapter felt kinda short, and it felt like nothing much actually happened. Still, an okay chapter.

So Arneis has a husband and was the escaped slave. Didn't see that one coming, though I'm not sure how that's going to add to the story. I wonder if Einar and/or Thorfinn will end up fighting him, and what ramifications that will have on the story. Likewise with Thorfinn listening to lines from the Bible. Thorfinn was listening with this contemplative look on his face, and I guess it's interesting to note that the passages Snake was reading was about loving your enemies, praying for those who persecute you, and about how God would deal with the unjust.

Also, Arneis' wound doesn't look good. With the state of medicine then, who knows what infections could arise. I don't think those 2-3 panels showing her wound were meant as mere fillers.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    So Arneis has a husband and was the escaped slave. Didn't see that one coming, though I'm not sure how that's going to add to the story. I wonder if Einar and/or Thorfinn will end up fighting him, and what ramifications that will have on the story. Likewise with Thorfinn listening to lines from the Bible. Thorfinn was listening with this contemplative look on his face, and I guess it's interesting to note that the passages Snake was reading was about loving your enemies, praying for those who persecute you, and about how God would deal with the unjust.
    I'm really loving this "pacifist" new turn for Thorfinn. I'm looking forward for this new arc, with a peaceful main character, instead of the mainstream battle oriented ones.

Quote Quote:
    Also, Arneis' wound doesn't look good. With the state of medicine then, who knows what infections could arise. I don't think those 2-3 panels showing her wound were meant as mere fillers.
    I think you're reading too much into it. I guess the idea is to show her "wound" at the same time her husband arrives: like a bad omen of bad things to come.

New Reply