Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 355 Discussion/356 Prediction Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Asvin's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 355 Discussion/356 Prediction Thread

You guys have some weird predictions, lol.

The chapter was alright except for the pages with Kei (Why do you guys call him Kei2? Isn't he, like, the third or fourth clone?) I mean, after last weeks chapter I expected some serious ass kicking... Instead he basically wet himself...

Not to worry, seems it was a plot related deficiency! Yes, while Kei does have the "Power of Self-Respect" without Tae-chan he lacks the "Power of Love" bonus. That's where a crying Reika comes in.

That said, next week I expect a heart felt love confession. With that Kei will power up and kill the big bad.

PS. Who the hell gives away their only gun to a guy with two rifles, a sword, plot-protection and a power suit? I know that was your man, girl, but behave.
    "All the good women are married, all the handsome men are gay."

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

What if kei2 wins this fight alone, than meets Tae and when their hands touch each other, they would both be killed by "blond boss giant". Meanwhile Reika would find Kei1 (original in machine), than Reika would escape with wrong Kurono...

If this really happens I expect Reika to commit suicide (when she realizes that she's with Kei1 and not Kei2... ). At this time all Katou's team could also be killed in a fight with other big monsters. What leaves only Kei1 alive, who would survive and kill "blond boss giant" (Cherry would die here too, helping Kei1 and trying to avenge his lost girlfriend by killing as many giants as he can), and after that the whole gigantic ship from giants would explode.

At the end Kei1 would be the only to escape in a motor vehicle he sits now - that vehicle that flys. Tragic but possibile, what do you think ???
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

We call him Kei2 because he is the 2nd psychical kei alive right now. So if Kei1 dies in that giant machine next mission, I will call kei2 just kei lol.
    Technically he is Kei15. Because everyone is just copies of their former self they just have their brain memories. Everytime there is a transfer it produces a new copy and deletes the old one like when you save over a game you overright it. That explains why their injuries are healed and gantz can load up old copies of dead people. But now they don't get healed so I don't know what is happening, Gantz trolling maybe cause a higher up gantz man is testing them all.

Yeah Kei2 was acting like a weakling this chapter, maybe what he said was all talk and he just wanted to die. Funny though because when all this started he was saying to Reika we will fight and she was saying die fighting when this world ends, then kei2 said no we will live!

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    I am putting my faith into Kei Duo and Reikia. Love can beat anything!.. well, that's at least what they say.
    Too bad their relationship is not based on love.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel sorry for Kei2 ever since he has been in gantz he has been weak compared to the original and I guess thinking about the fact that he was spawned just for reika's one sided infatuation has been weighing on him and has hindered him the whole time. He is noticeably weaker than kei1 and has been throughout his time. I guess tae was what pushed him past just very good to superhuman and without her he drops back. Although I don't condone what reika did she is just as in love with kei as tae they were both wanting to die without him and she is running back to certain death, maybe this fact will help kei2 come to terms with himself and allow him to truly move on with reika.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At first I thought that alien was going to possess Kei and we were going to get a Kei vs Kei finale battle that creates some psychological mind fuck that makes us question...I don't know something.

But after that I'm glad we got a scene of someone telling her that Kei wasn't her property (or pet). It was the author way of letting us know that although things did work out for her that way it wasn't really right. And her proceeding breakdown (which caused her boobs to bounce in a weird way for some reason) sorta confirmed that she is kinda mentally unstable and obsessive to a point.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF? She just wanted the man to give up his gun like that? I'm sorry but I can not and will not accept that Reika is somehow bright, the guy shouldn't even have to say something as stupid as "I'm going to need it" given the current situation.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

well, there were some WTFs in this chapter modded z-gun, almighty monster, Reika going Tae-mode and yelling Kei-chan (or she will in the future), and at the end the biggest, that we have to wait 4 weeks for the next chapter.

it would be great if this Kei would get himself together and not being so lame as he was till now... but it doesn't seems so that he can..
    Oku should show more monologes/dialogs/comments from him , to get some info about what goes on in his mind, what blocks him being so lame compared to Kei1. Ok, he said that in the previous chapter in 1-2 senteces, but there should be a bit more psychodrama, not only the hard to see monster scenes and who-loves-who thing. Cherry avanges love, Kei fights for love, Katou protects his love.. to much love in this story now ..baw (just watched S1-2 of Dexter.. maybe thats why i miss some plot)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asvin View Post
    The chapter was alright except for the pages with Kei (Why do you guys call him Kei2? Isn't he, like, the third or fourth clone?) I mean, after last weeks chapter I expected some serious ass kicking... Instead he basically wet himself...
    There's two of them.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Too bad their relationship is not based on love.
    T_T The cold hard truth! lol I still love them as a couple they are my favourite gantz couple.
    Yeah I feel like the last two chapters have been pretty wasteful, even though I really want to see the next chapter to see what will happen to them.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I found Kei2's reactions after his guns were destroyed a bit out-of-character for being Kei. Although, being a clone, he might have this inner conflict within himself struggling to survive and not even caring if he dies or not. Interesting, nonetheless.

Reika, on the other hand, is one obsessive and destructive monster.

P.S. I agree, that color page person looks more of an older Nishi than Kei.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^That colour page was Nishi, it wasn't Kei. Which is good, Oku spreading the love other than kei katou reika lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who thinks that the coloured cover page is just that? Just because Oku drew that in there doesn't mean that it's going to be featured!
    One more reason for me to think that is the fact that the character drawn is listening to an iPod. Nishi or Kei; it would be out of character for either one of those characters to act like that (Sakurai even pointed out how stupid it was that the Osaka team was listening to music on an iPod during a hunt)

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Classical Gantz chapter, tension and paneling were done beautifully like in the Buddha arc. The alien evolving and turning into weird stuff is also a classical approach, good to see a battle with some other creature taken this far, I really dislike the invaders!

Other than that Kei 2 will certainly have some epic fight scenes before he goes(if he dies), though I suspect Reika will be the one to die. I still hope the alien shows even more power.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianGantzer View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that the coloured cover page is just that? Just because Oku drew that in there doesn't mean that it's going to be featured!
    One more reason for me to think that is the fact that the character drawn is listening to an iPod. Nishi or Kei; it would be out of character for either one of those characters to act like that (Sakurai even pointed out how stupid it was that the Osaka team was listening to music on an iPod during a hunt)
    I'm still confused whether it is Nishi or Kurono? I agree with you on the iPod part! None of these characters would be so vain and stupid to listen to music during a mission!

And if it is Nishi, why is wearing just the suit? He normally always wears clothes over his suit.
    But then again, for being Kurono, the face is too Nishi like.:/

I miss the old Nishi(the one that died in the Tanaka.mission)! I liked when looked more kid-like and mean, the Nishi now looks too average and bishounen!:/

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast