Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 355 Discussion/356 Prediction Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 355 Discussion/356 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    We call him Kei2 because he is the 2nd psychical kei alive right now. So if Kei1 dies in that giant machine next mission, I will call kei2 just kei lol.
    Technically he is Kei15. Because everyone is just copies of their former self they just have their brain memories. Everytime there is a transfer it produces a new copy and deletes the old one like when you save over a game you overright it. That explains why their injuries are healed and gantz can load up old copies of dead people. But now they don't get healed so I don't know what is happening, Gantz trolling maybe cause a higher up gantz man is testing them all.

Yeah Kei2 was acting like a weakling this chapter, maybe what he said was all talk and he just wanted to die. Funny though because when all this started he was saying to Reika we will fight and she was saying die fighting when this world ends, then kei2 said no we will live!
    Indeed, and the fact that the gantzers who get injured seem to only remember missions up to that point proves this. It's not regeneration, but a full copy.

Now on to this chapter, this tearing reminds me of the mission against those small aliens when kurono gets his the sleeve of his suit ripped off. Seeing a similar thing happen again makes me think he'll survive this out, Its a hunch but I'd say I'm 99% certain he'll make it out of this.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Kei gave up a bit too quick here. Is he really not able to get a win without having to rely on getting back to Tae as his motivation? I'm hoping he muscles up the suit in the next chapter, picks up a sword and kicks arse all over the place. Rekia's one sided love will reach Kei (x's fingers). Nice chapter though the monster was not as impressive as I thought he'd be.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have preferred Cherry fight this boss than Kurono. How do the big aliens even control these things? If they couldn't survive against a psychic human, what's stopping this psychic alien?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

How would a psychic vs. psychic fight work anyway? It would be shit.

I think this alien intentionally disarmed Kei... I don't think it's going to kill him. But I could be completely wrong since I'd be pissed too if little chunks of my face and hands were blown off by some goddam punk.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I think about it. Reika is the only person so far who hasn't "died". Yeah she was killed off-panel by Izumi at first but after that she hasn't even been dismembered or taken any sort of damage like everyone else has.

I call this discrimiation! It should be rectified ASAP, preferably in the next chapter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

To me it's more of the alien testing the terrain, checking if Kei2 can do more damage if it retaliated. When it did, Kei2 just winced, so now its jellies or whatever the hell those little things are are attacking, ready for the kill.

Cherry scenes are dull. Good thing he has a side story of his own; even the aliens around him have to have some sort of a background story in order for it to work (i.e. alien grandmother and grandchild, soldier aliens eating humans). Psychic to psychic would be a waste of panel.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Kei gave up a bit too quick here. Is he really not able to get a win without having to rely on getting back to Tae as his motivation? I'm hoping he muscles up the suit in the next chapter, picks up a sword and kicks arse all over the place. Rekia's one sided love will reach Kei (x's fingers). Nice chapter though the monster was not as impressive as I thought he'd be.
    Well there is a reason why he gave in to quick. It's not about Tae being his motivation but the fact that he only thinks of himself as a clone and right now he's trying to prove that he is just like the "Real" kei. But by thinking of it in this manner he knows that the truthe is he isn't really Kei but a copy of Kei. Because of this his composure is shot and even though he's trying to prove himself he can't help but have his abilities dulled due to the fact that he can't help but realize that he is nothing more then a clone created by the selfish desires of Reika.

In a sense to him he is nothing more then a pawn in the current battlefield to save the real people. In reality the real kei may have retreated from this fight or perhaps because he isn't being held back by the fact that he's a clone, he would be able to fight better. There's a lot of mental anguish going on with Kei because even though he has the memories of Kei and should be everything like Kei, it doesn't deny the fact that he's just a copy with the same memories. In a sense he's trying to identitfy himself as a unique indiviual rather then kei2 but in the end his desire to create his own identity may end up getting him killed.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter for the New Year. I think it's the first time we've seen a gun break.
    It looked almost like the monster froze Kei2 before he lifted him up, but like others said, the way he covered his face makes me wonder if he really is contemplating a death wish..

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Too bad their relationship is not based on love.
    Yeah, can't say it was exactly a mutual bond.
    But Reika does feel something for him, and like Sollum said, Gantz has shown that love, even if it's unrequited, can beat anythin- http://www.mangareader.net/97-1238-1...hapter-76.html

Oh, but we've seen that through determination, anyone can find love and surpass any obstac-
    http://www.mangareader.net/97-1346-1...apter-184.html

But... Even if there is hardship, at least in the end, their will always be some happiness for those who care enou-
    http://www.mangareader.net/97-52228-...apter-319.html

Forgot where I was going with this. QQ

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Love is a great bit of fuel to throw on the fire so that fire can start burning everything.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhina View Post
    Now that I think about it. Reika is the only person so far who hasn't "died". Yeah she was killed off-panel by Izumi at first but after that she hasn't even been dismembered or taken any sort of damage like everyone else has.

I call this discrimiation! It should be rectified ASAP, preferably in the next chapter.
    Well, it's probably because Reika is the best gantzer in the tokyo team so far. As in, who has gotten 100 points the most times and received the less damage during the missions? yes, indeed.

it was a shame when Oku decided to get her to become an insane lovefool. Before confessing to Kurono (and him rejecting her because of Tae), she had been pretty awesome even if it was, indeed, unrequited love. I mean, she fucking gave up her freedom to bring Tae back to life so he could be happy outside Gantz. Getting her own kurono was the OOC moment

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by requiem46 View Post
    Well, it's probably because Reika is the best gantzer in the tokyo team so far. As in, who has gotten 100 points the most times and received the less damage during the missions? yes, indeed.
    Then Takeshi is the best player in the tokyo team so far, as in he is the smallest one...

Reika is the fan service character by excellence, Oku can't kill her so easily unless he has another girl with big tits ready to replace her. There are readers who are actually are very, very interested in seeing girls with big boobs in the manga, it's one of Gantz foundations after all.

But yes...the main reason why she is still alive is in her chest.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Explains why she's alive but it doesn't explain her personality

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Then Takeshi is the best player in the tokyo team so far, as in he is the smallest one...

Reika is the fan service character by excellence, Oku can't kill her so easily unless he has another girl with big tits ready to replace her. There are readers who are actually are very, very interested in seeing girls with big boobs in the manga, it's one of Gantz foundations after all.

But yes...the main reason why she is still alive is in her chest.
    Shittt then Reika's dead now since Mary is on the scene.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

She's property of Kaze now. Oku still needs one for his main character.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu?? She totatly said to Kei in front of Ryou that she would tap him lol.

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast