Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: In what kind of relationship will they end up?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lovers

16 72.73%
  • Brother/Sister

2 9.09%
  • Friends

0 0%
  • Enemies

1 4.55%
  • Other (Explain)

3 13.64%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raki and Clare relationship

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Raki and Clare relationship

Hey guys,

We had some discussion regarding the nature of their relationship and I found those very interesting.

HK had a really good post that sparked my interest in talking more about their relationship:

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Raki saw Clare as a big sister, and Clare saw Raki as herself when she was with Teresa, wanting to become like Teresa by caring for Raki, as Teresa had for her.

However, Raki's love and concern-protection of-for Clare, was quickly causing Clare to develop romantic feelings for Raki.

Clare first took notice of it in Rabona, where Raki protected Clare from Cid+Galk, especially Cid's advances upon Clare (ending with Raki kicking Cid in the "groin"). Also, not to mention how Raki stayed by Clare's bedside, as she was unconscious from her first encounter with the SNY. And lastly in the cathedral arc, was obviously Raki protecting Clare from execution by Galk, shield her from decapitation with his own body, gladly willing to die with Clare, he loved her like Romeo&Juliet, if Clare was to die, he'd have to die too (this is also seen by especially Riful and Dauf, but they aren't the only ones either: Alicia+Beth, Deneve+Helen, and etc). Oops, I forgot to mention... we can arguably say that Clare might have already been lewdly-romantically flirting with Raki, by mentioning her "talents", of being able to go from an aristocratic noblewoman to a flirtatious prostitute, and then directly offering to show her flirtatious prostitute's smile to raki... Does this show that Clare already have the "hots" for Raki, offering to show her seductive smile... and heck maybe even was willing-interested in doing more as well... cough cough...

Next we see it with Raki's concern for Clare when she went on the Lido "Spiderman" male AB mission, with Clare's cutely-sweet-loving light punch to Raki's forehead.

Of course then we got the Ophelia battle, with Raki's "Monty Python's defending of Clare from Opehlia, Tis but a flesh wound, you're puny attacks don't even make me itch, you *itch Ophelia!"

Clare couldn't take it anymore, Raki was too perfect, what a hunk! "Emotions of love and romance, flooding out of control, Clare orders Raki to hug her, hug her closely, smothering his face against her chest, yes, that feels good, mmm, and you can see from the suggestive satisfied and lurid smile-smirk on her face."

Also, at the same time, Raki was finally seeing her as a beautiful woman, and not merely a big sister.

Raki, finally has his perberty/hormones kicking in, seeing Clare as a lovely young lady and not a big sister, as seen by his gulping and slight blushing at being ordered to hug her, pressing his face against her soft bosom. Yes, Raki was having his own romantic feelings, timid and shy, in this new feeling of romantic interest, "Your.. your.. asking me to hug you, asking me to press my face against your chest... gulp...I... I... I'm...not.. ready... for this.. gulp... cause I like you... I REALLY like you... you know... romantically like you... Clare... gulp".

Raki's love is proven absolute for Clare, when he's traveling with Priscilla, seeking out his love, CLARE. While Priscilla was merely seen by Raki as a monster-girl to try to help out, while he could do so. We also do see Raki faithfully, pushing away Priscilla and her advances when he was with Isley training. Oh, if only Clare new just how perfect a Man, her Raki was !!! Or, maybe she does already know, he's perfect - he'd never cheat on her, hehe.
    So, what do you think about them.
    Will they end up as a couple, will they remain friends, or will they end up with a brother/sister relationship?

Note : I added enemies for those (if any) who would think that there might be a twist and that Raki might side with Priscillia.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; November 29, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raki and Clare relationship

I think that unless there a truly tragic ending then they'll end up as they left off - kissing...

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    I think that unless there a truly tragic ending then they'll end up as they left off - kissing...
    Thanks.

I thought about adding the option of a tragic ending, with one of them dying, but decided not to.
    It's definitely a possibility though.

If none of them die, I have a hard time seeing them going apart of each other...
    They basically have been looking for each others for years.

Why wouldn't they stay together if they can finally join again?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Why wouldn't they stay together if they can finally join again?
    I can't see why not unless Clare feels Raki might have been cheating on her with Priscilla, or if his friendship and travelling with Priscilla is a problem for Clare in itself.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I chose other, as I simply don't know what Yagi has planned, a dark tragedy or a "disney's happily ever after".

----------

the Enemies Option/choice could also be thought of as including... instead of Clare+Raki.... it's Priscilla+Raki .... or maybe some other girl/Claymore + Raki, lol ... or maybe a harem of Claymore Trainees... laughs...

also, while Clare and Raki may not necessarily be physical-mortal enemies... they might be broken heart enemies... or maybe not enemies at all.. but no longer a couple with each other... as Raki is with-choosen Priscilla or some other girl/Claymore instead of Clare.

---------

or another possibility to consider:

the "hero issue" (or like initially with Teresa towards Clare), as Clare+Raki may love each other, but it might not be best for them to be together or with each other. Raki is in danger by being with Clare, so Clare stays separated despite her and their love for each other.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 29, 2011 at 03:42 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I picked enemies since Raki is probably going to defend Priscilla from Clare before Clare can finish her off. Raki will probably vow to watch over Priscilla to make sure she doesn't eat people. Clare won't like it but she'll somehow understand & let them be.

Edit: Just to add on a bit as to why I think this may happen. Raki traveled with Priscilla for 7 years were she hadn't fed on a human besides the first time when Raki found out she was a yuma. Raki was basically able to keep Priscilla in check & it wasn't until Priscilla sensed Clare that she started going berserk. Raki may mention this to Clare as he shields Priscilla from Clare's final attack. Basically he'll talk about the 7 years he had with her & explain so long as Clare isn't around & Raki is with her Priscilla will not hurt humans.
    Last edited by Vengeance; November 29, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    I can't see why not unless Clare feels Raki might have been cheating on her with Priscilla, or if his friendship and travelling with Priscilla is a problem for Clare in itself.
    I had similar thoughts when Yagi revealed to us that Priscilla traveled under Raki's protection/care. We all know that Priscilla didn't need any "physical" protection of any sort as she could have wiped anyone away. Still, the appearance that Raki and Priscilla portrayed was that of Protector and Charge.

Would Clare find Raki's actions a betrayal of their friend ship. In Raki's defense, he really is a soft hearted fellow and did not know that Priscilla killed Teresa. A part of me thinks that he would have stilled traveled with Priscilla, even if he had known what she had done to Clare and Teresa. Yagi could give us a manga ending that mirrors the anime ending (in circumstances not in actual events).
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, she took her child form to make Raki feel more protective when cuddling him in bed didn't work, a sign that hes loyal to Clare if she wants him. But she must feel betrayed, hearing of Raki travelling with a human child young enough to be his.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I really dont see Priscilla playing into that story at all. Besides that I have seen no evidence of the two of them having any sort of romantic feelings for each other, the fight between the claymores and the resurrected #1's dosnt look like it will be winnable with current personnel present and shortly arriving. To me that means the destroyer blob story has to resolve itself rather soon, and that resolution will include the Priscilla/Clare resolution. With Raki at headquarters I dont see how he could get there fast enough to be a part of that.

That said, I have for fun been writing up what would happen after chapter 120 if I were to finish the story. In my mind at least, the real obstacle to a happy Clare/Raki walking into the sunset ending is Clare being a claymore. Even if Clare walks away from the life of a warrior (if she keeps fighting, Raki will never be anything but a second rate sidekick since the power disparity between the two will always remain) you still have the whole Clare not aging while Raki grows old problem that still makes it a bit of a tragic ending. While currently Raki catching up those 7 year puts them to what seems about even, Clare would have to loose all her claymore abilities before it would be happy ending I would like to see for the two of them.
    Last edited by Rebel L; December 03, 2011 at 09:06 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

But it happens after the end of the manga so you won't see Raki get old as Clare ages.

You can't be rid of the youki only have Clare control it, because youki represents the Will to Power.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Its interesting that no ones voted for brother/sister.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because you havnt seen it happen yet dosnt mean it cant, or wont, the only limitation to what happens in a story is the imagination of the author

I would point out that pretty much all the information we have received in the series about the exact who, what, when, where, and why's of yoma, awakened beings, claymores and what can and cant be done have originated from the Organization, who in no way benefits from spreading the truth about any of these things. For all we know it would be as simple as taking the implanted flesh back out of a warrior to return them back to human.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know that Claymore didn't age...
    Was that said in the beginning?

Something doesn't make sense though...
    She asked to become a Claymore when she was a kid (remember the scene where she arrived with Teresa's head?)
    And she did age between that time and now...

Are you sure they are not aging?

Regardlesss, even if she doesn't age and Raki does, they can still have a great story.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel L View Post
    Just because you havnt seen it happen yet dosnt mean it cant, or wont, the only limitation to what happens in a story is the imagination of the author

I would point out that pretty much all the information we have received in the series about the exact who, what, when, where, and why's of yoma, awakened beings, claymores and what can and cant be done have originated from the Organization, who in no way benefits from spreading the truth about any of these things. For all we know it would be as simple as taking the implanted flesh back out of a warrior to return them back to human.
    Well that's true, but Yagi is using the concept of youki to express philosophical themes. If he took the plot in certain directions, it would make a nonsense of the point he's making.

She asked to become a Claymore when she was a kid (remember the scene where she arrived with Teresa's head?)

Regardlesss, even if she doesn't age and Raki does, they can still have a great story.
    Irene says to Clare that Claymores 'mature but not age'. And its still not 100% sure what that means lol. Its like Yagi doesn't want to bother with such details, and he doesn't want us to bother either. but Clare does age during her training.

It just seems reasonable to assume that Clare and Raki are the same ages (or in Clare's case, she appears to be the same physical age) to carry on where Ikuno and Leo left off.

26. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

In chapter 38 Irene says "We half yoma mature but don't age". Common belief among readers is that it means that they grow until they reach their prime and then they stop aging or something like that.
    Last edited by Leroid; December 03, 2011 at 03:41 PM.

28. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yet another way of describing or explaining it, in addition to what others have said:

Claymores age, but not into "middle age", and certainly not into "old age".

Claymores age into young adults, but then they remain eternally young ("eternal youth"), as young adults.

---------------

for real world *MALE* humans:

physical development finalized at ~ age 18

physical performance maximized at ~ age 28

-----------------

what is interesting... if the BCs aren't human... they are in their middle age... unlike Claymores....

maybe this suggests that Claymores do age... just extremely slowly... and the BCs are simply uber old...

or whatever other ideas that can be thought up of...
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

30. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast