Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

1 0.58%
  • 2 (Boring)

2 1.17%
  • 3 (Regular)

19 11.11%
  • 4 (Good)

67 39.18%
  • 5 (Epic!)

82 47.95%
New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 649 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 649 Discussion / 650 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    I don't think he'll take a break, he already took enough these past weeks ... the next IMO will be for the end of the year, and since Fishmen Island's arc is coming to an end (APPARENTLY) and knowing Oda-SAMA, that Bastard I guess he'll leave us with a huge cliffhanger.
    He better do that or else we'll be mad lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tereta_foba's Avatar
    The city , named after Great Alexander's sister
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i could make a prediction about the upcoming chapters. Jimpei has passed through a lot with luffy and he is really worthy of becoming a SH. But Oda is making it more and more difficult. What is Jimbei's business?? Well, my prediction is, Jimpei will meet with the SH in the NW, together with some other fishmen. SH and Jimbeis team will fight together with a common enemy and Jimbei will die. A strong connection will start between luffy and a fellow fishman that was inspired after jimbei and he will become a member! Otherwise Jimbei will be just a SH member like Vivi, in case he doesnt die. That's my prediction and i can see it in Jimbeis face when he says ''thank you'' http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/26812784/8
    One Piece is The legend!!!

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    He better do that or else we'll be mad lol
    we will already have a "triple issues" at the end of the year,there will be 2 weeks of break,although we should have the chapter a bit earlier,we will have about 10days of inactivity. this is why i say,oda won't take other breaks for now (luckily )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tereta_foba View Post
    I think i could make a prediction about the upcoming chapters. Jimpei has passed through a lot with luffy and he is really worthy of becoming a SH. But Oda is making it more and more difficult. What is Jimbei's business?? Well, my prediction is, Jimpei will meet with the SH in the NW, together with some other fishmen. SH and Jimbeis team will fight together with a common enemy and Jimbei will die. A strong connection will start between luffy and a fellow fishman that was inspired after jimbei and he will become a member! Otherwise Jimbei will be just a SH member like Vivi, in case he doesnt die. That's my prediction and i can see it in Jimbeis face when he says ''thank you'' http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/26812784/8
    Cliché-ridden, which isn't unusual for a shonen even if it's OP, but a good one. The more important characters die in a war the more it feels close to reality.

Btw, Uriel, 19 pages isn't that bad either ;P
    Last edited by yieps; December 12, 2011 at 06:44 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There might be a few chapters in FI yet IMO.. A bunch of new developments have transpired and I'd like to see how Shirahoshi reacts to her new found freedom and ability.. Nevermind how FI reacts..

Also I suspect that there is some peril in getting through the Red Line and to the New World.. Others have also posted about this idea..
    I bet that there is some sort of bubble that propels ships up and into the NW..
    It could be that the trench that the SH jumped into to get to FI was the way under the Red Line, and that surfacing (maybe from beyond the Sea Forest) out of a trench is the way into the NW... Just a guess. It however is curious that through the roots of Eve light reaches FI.. ??

Either way, it's likely no cake walk back to the surface.. Or it wouldn't be the NW..
    I hope the SH get a guide..

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think at the end of one piece during some sort of battle royal the Fishmen will probably come during an epic moment in the fight led by shirahoshi with the fishmen united on NOA probably to fight against the WG. That would be sooo cool the pirate king monkey D luffy with his allies (like whitebeard had) so his allies would probably be, the yonkou big momma, red haired and the remnants of the WB pirates, the fishmen, the guys from water 7, maybe even the warriors of elbaf and hmm maybe Vivi who has become queen with the Alabasta army, and if they ad the revolutionary army that's gonna be one epic fight

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be a cakewalk to the surface with the advanced navigation of surume. But i dont think that they will depart next chapter. first they MUST visit fishman karate dojo. It has been mentioned so long back, it made me curious then and im still curious right now. Maybe we will see the reason why jimbei cant leave yet there. He is going to raise the next generation of fishman karateka. (just grasping at straws here)

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason why Jimbei doesn't want to leave FI is obviously 'cause there are a lot of unfinished things on the island like going to Reverie for example and making sure all NFP are under control and all those negative thoughts that Hodi conveyed to them won't be embraced further by the young generation
    That will take quite some time and that's why if he will join the SH's i'm sure that won't happen any time soon

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

@matzik1212 i dont think Jimbei will be able to go to the Reverie is a pirate that openly opposed the wg and would not be welcome there

@Smit surume has left with wadatsumi so will not be available. its shown that they are currently using Megalo

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I think the reason why Jimbei doesn't want to leave FI is obviously 'cause there are a lot of unfinished things on the island like going to Reverie for example and making sure all NFP are under control and all those negative thoughts that Hodi conveyed to them won't be embraced further by the young generation
    That will take quite some time and that's why if he will join the SH's i'm sure that won't happen any time soon
    Well I think its more of he needs time to clean up all the pirates and hold down the NFPs that are still about. The princes are strong but fishmen island needs Jimbei's strength right now. That's how I understood his rejection of the invite. I think fishman island is doomed for another reason and it will be because of Luffy. Basically the WG will find out he is now the hero of the island and a cocky tenrybito will become angry at that fact and destroy them (they hate Luffy).

I think we will learn of this long after the SHPs leave the island and depart to the NW, they would learn of it via news paper or second word from someone. I think this is the most likely scenario.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Well I think its more of he needs time to clean up all the pirates and hold down the NFPs that are still about. The princes are strong but fishmen island needs Jimbei's strength right now. That's how I understood his rejection of the invite. I think fishman island is doomed for another reason and it will be because of Luffy. Basically the WG will find out he is now the hero of the island and a cocky tenrybito will become angry at that fact and destroy them (they hate Luffy).

I think we will learn of this long after the SHPs leave the island and depart to the NW, they would learn of it via news paper or second word from someone. I think this is the most likely scenario.
    i actually like that theory!!!! the tenryubito absolutely hate luffy especially that charlos guy or whatever his name. (the guy that got knocked the eff out). I think that family will go after him sending admirals and VA. to get their revenge...eventually!!!! But, wow i actually want that to happen so that luffy can go ape shit again and punch those tenryubito one more time just so i can yell like super saiyan 3 goku

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sugarwaterpurple's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tereta_foba View Post
    definitely do not think jimbe will be killed. luffy said he was gonna protect everything and all his friends. that includes jimbe, he wouldn't fight along side him and let him die.

Also, i don't think they'll be surfacing just yet. I think it'll be soon, but i think when they decide to leave, it'll be summed up relatively quick with the help of the fishmen. they'll probably tell the SH's 'the marines are stationed where most, if not all, pirates surface regularly. well take you to a safer place where you won't get ambushed by marines/pirates/what have you.' something along those lines. I think there's a good 2 chapters left before they start to leave, tops 3 chapters. I do not understand why this is such a bad arc. so they didn't get a member, big deal! does anyone really see it fit that a member, who did not feel the same pain as the SH crew members, joins immediately after all the other members have gone through two years of hard training and pain and finally reunite? I don't, thats for sure. i think it was a good arc, it's not easy to make an arc of something thats been anticipated for like 3 years or so, not completely give away the new crews power ups, and also to make sure that the crew has matured yet is still the same deep down, humor and all.

props to Oda, its not easy developing a manga
    Last edited by sugarwaterpurple; December 13, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
    SUGAR
    WATER
    and of course
    PURPLE

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt surume will follow them,he reminds me lovoon,and it didn't follow them. the new world is too dangerous for the kraken...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We already saw surume leaving towards the north pole with wadatsumi.... definitely not tagging along.

I think people really underestimate the sheer power shirahoshi has through her ability. She does not command "one" sea king, she commands "all" of them. Why is it that the calm belt is unsailable for the most part (except with sea stone)? Because it is flooded with sea kings. This would be a problem for weak people but why would it be a problem if someone like a admiral or VA could deal with them (let alone the possibility of someone weaker dealing with them)? Sea kings come in all sizes (they could be smaller than a boat or larger than an island) and more importantly they are numerous. What would happen if shirahoshi orders the calm belt sea kings to make the grand line like this? Also take note that the sea kings in the link I posted are but a fraction of the size of the ones at fishman island. If we had an admiral in a battletship against a swarm of sea kings, who would stand in the end? I would argue that even though the admiral could potentially kill many of them, it would never be quite enough to stop the sea kings from destroying his battleship. I don't see what else there could be to her ability, controlling sea kings alone is more than enough to do everything the ability has been made out to be.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dragonballz66's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Any admiral with devil fruit ability will be defeated if they are in the sea water. So sea kings vs admiral, I'd say they sea kings win it hands down.

New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast