Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

1 0.58%
  • 2 (Boring)

2 1.17%
  • 3 (Regular)

19 11.11%
  • 4 (Good)

67 39.18%
  • 5 (Epic!)

82 47.95%
New Reply
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 649 Discussion

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 649 Spoiler Discussion

Well if Jimbei refused for now and said to ask him some other time i'm positive he won't ever be a true nakama of the SH's ( meaning to join them on their journey ) , he will be a nakama in name only just like Vivi , a more fitting word i think would be an ally of the SH's ....i guess this proves that he can't accept Luffy as his captain just yet and in a way i kinda understand him 'cause he is a pirate almost as infamous as Luffy and not in name only
    Overall i'm happy to know the worst passed and everyone is enjoying the party

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i make right prediction long time ago haha http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...pon?highlight= someone made b**chy comment about my prediction. Eat your word .
    Last edited by kanmati; December 07, 2011 at 06:03 AM.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 18 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Waow! THis is gonna be an awesome chapter.
    Jinbei refusing ( )
    More Ancient History
    Poseidon is Weakhoshi! :O
    Joyboy!
    And the party!
    I can't wait

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PAWERFULL's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think luffy will not force Jinbe since luffy have a lot of respect to Jinbe. Maybe in the future Jinbe will be forced to join SH but not for now. But i wish they can recruit someone that know how things work and how to go to the new world.
    If i offended you, too bad.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lawlord's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kanmati View Post
    yes i make right prediction long time ago haha http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...pon?highlight= someone made b**chy comment about my prediction. Eat your word .
    haha you win sir. 36 out of 38 people didn't believe you. Now they get to eat their words. Nicely played.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAWERFULL View Post
    I think luffy will not force Jinbe since luffy have a lot of respect to Jinbe. Maybe in the future Jinbe will be forced to join SH but not for now. But i wish they can recruit someone that know how things work and how to go to the new world.
    Luffy respects all his crew, though he still makes fun of them from time-to-time. I still think that he'll try to force Jinbe, perhaps in a similar manner as he did to Sanji (y'know the whole neck-grabbing refusal of a refusal thing).

I'd find it awesome if:
    1. Grown-up Koala suddenly appears or;
    2. Navy try to capture Jinbe with the Straw Hats saving him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me Pluton is a weapon that can destroy all of the islands and create essentially a giant water world that would rid the world of devil fruit users (since they'd have no land to live on) but with Joy Boy and Noah the promise is that Poseidon would command the sea kings to pull the boat around on the surface for devil fruit users and humans to live until the time came when islands re-emerged.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally a chapter worth discussion for. I won't say anything more at this point, but it seems a chapter worth rating "epic". Anything involving the true history is a win. Waiting for the scanlation.

Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Very Clever Oda, but I won't fall for it, I see what you did, you revealed Weakhoshi to be the ancient weapon so I focus on that instead of Jimbei not joining, but I won't be a puppet like the rest of them , Make Jimbei join the SH now damnit!!!!!!! Please?

Like, let it be a case like all the rest of SH's refuse to join at first because of some sense of duty and then they end up joining afterwards, so Oda if you could *cough*letLuffydestroythesupportpillarsthatholdFItothebottomofandthenletitfloattothesurface*cough* then Jimbei will have no choice but to join, or send some marine ships down there to capture Luffy and then let Jimbei have to escape with him, or let the King banish Jimbei from the island since they can't hobour a known pirate and join the WG. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah Weakhoshi is the ancient weapon.......very interesting I wonder how this will come into play later on.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm well. i think jinbei might indeed join somewhen later. There was a lot of discussion whether he was too strong and would destroy the monster trio. maybe that's indeed the reason. well not jinbei'S reason, but oda's. the other might still need 2-3 arcs and get stronger. But i'm totally positive that we will see him again and that he will join forces with luffy in one big battle against the marines. especially akainu

and i'm surprised about shirahoshi. but it really makes sense. and again it is proved that luffy's most dangerous ability is to make everybody his friends. now he basically has power over poseidon... if the world government knew this his bounty would explode even further. If you summarize it...
    Luffy is basically the ally of:
    - poseidon
    - red hair pirates
    - whitebeard pirates
    - 1 shichibukai (snake princess) 1 former shichibukai (jinbei). maybe even hawkeye has a bit of a bond to zoro now.
    - the revolutonaries army (being controlled by his father)
    - one of the greatest heros of the marines (garp, more or less..)
    - has friends on nearly every island of the first half of the grand line

Strawhats are already way more powerful than any other supernova crew, and maybe even more powerful than any other shichibukai crew. they are really coming close to yonkou level in regards of power. not individual power of especially captain and first mate. but if you talk about influence

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Bushy Brows MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The arc is not over huh? Well I expect this to turn out like Enies Lobby actually, we all thought that when they buried Marry the arc ended. But then we got information on Dragon, Garp, Coby and all the story about the New World. So maybe a flashback or something here with Joy Boy? If this is not the end I wonder why Oda waited so long to show us these awesome facts and history?

And Jinbe, well I am disappointed not that he did not join but where he says for Luffy to come again and ask him? I do not get that part? Doesn't he know that Luffy is headed for Raftel and the only way to return is when the journey is over? Unless some twists with another arc on FI? TO be fair since the arc is not over we still do not know if Jinbe will not except, he is uncertain now.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jinsomnia's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Re: One Piece 649 Spoiler Discussion

wth man.. its not like they will go back to FI again? so then to make jimbei a member, they have to reroute back to FI or some other saga that involves fishman... sigh.. i dunno, for me it spoil the moment for me..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Katz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jinsomnia View Post
    wth man.. its not like they will go back to FI again? so then to make jimbei a member, they have to reroute back to FI or some other saga that involves fishman... sigh.. i dunno, for me it spoil the moment for me..
    I have a feeling that Jinbe will catch up to them instead of them returning to FI....maybe he show up 40-50 chapters later when the straw hats are in some type of bind or peril and need his abilities...or maybe they'll run into him and save his blue ass from something, we'll just have to wait and see.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 649 Discussion / 650 Prediction

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/649
    enjoy this awesome chapter

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 649 Discussion / 650 Prediction

I was a bit disappointed when Jinbei refused, I got a bit bored about the partying but the revelations at the end made up for it, so I rated it good. I'm mostly disappointed about having to wait another week, I guess.

Shirahoshi being Poseidon is obviously interesting, but I don't see any immediate danger. Can't see every island being flooded or anything like that. An epic history lesson non the less.

About Jinbei, I'd also expect two possibilities going forward.
    First, I can't see him not join the SH at all, for me it's a question of when will it happen.
    It is very possible that he is still stronger than all of the SH and therefore he cannot join yet, so we would be on power up away from this event. But, how would they meet Jinbei again, it's a long shot.
    Second possibility is having him clean up all that he has to do in a very short time and Luffy being extremly persistent once more. Also, being thrown out of FI due to being a pirate and having technically broken the law by transferring blood to Luffy could force Neptune to make Jinbei leave, that isn't out of the question yet, so I'll rate this possibility a bit higher.

I cannot imagine him being a Nakama the way Vivi is. If you look at the pictures, he fits in way too good already and he does not have to lead a country or anything else which would require him for life.

So, I'd say he will have joined prior to the SH leaving FI, with his unfinished business being an opportunity to show events from his past and maybe even declaring his dream.

Bonus: I hope Neptune has got some more information about the Void Century. I find it amazing that the Fishman royalty was able to pass on stories from 800years back. Also it was great how he handled the prisoner situation, class act!
    Last edited by Doomchen; December 07, 2011 at 09:14 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast