Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

1 0.58%
  • 2 (Boring)

2 1.17%
  • 3 (Regular)

19 11.11%
  • 4 (Good)

67 39.18%
  • 5 (Epic!)

82 47.95%
New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 649 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 649 Spoiler Discussion

What a twist!!!! Who would have guessed that Shirahoshi would be poseidon, Luffy will still covince Jinbe to join though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharpKnives View Post
    Can anyone here read Kanji?
    Not a bunch, but I can make do..

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    Don't be disheartened Jinbe fans, he doesn't know what he's saying he just needs sense beaten into him. Robin knows how to keep a secret yo
    I think Jinbe would love to join the SH, and that whatever duty he feels he needs to honor Luffy will be there to help him complete it or resolve it...
    It seems more now like a matter of timing and circumstance than anything else. From the spoiler it sounds like Jinbe will eventually join to me.
    I'm sure Luffy has more to do here in FI.. Sounds like he has some destiny to fulfill of his own here...
    The idea that Luffy could be one to answer Joy Boy's call intrigues me. And could be the thing that makes Jinbe "ready" to join.

Quote Originally Posted by akatsukichro View Post
    I never thought that old weapons could be people.
    Yeah, and a whiney adorable giant mermaid at that.!
    I thought "Noah" would of been Poseidon, but it's setting in..
    It's kind of weird to think of, but it could be even more interesting...

Who or what is Pluton??

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    Who or what is Pluton??
    Franky had the blueprints of Pluton. It's now clear that pluton is a thing, more likely a ship.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    Not a bunch, but I can make do..

I think Jinbe would love to join the SH, and that whatever duty he feels he needs to honor Luffy will be there to help him complete it or resolve it...
    It seems more now like a matter of timing and circumstance than anything else. From the spoiler it sounds like Jinbe will eventually join to me.
    I'm sure Luffy has more to do here in FI.. Sounds like he has some destiny to fulfill of his own here...
    The idea that Luffy could be one to answer Joy Boy's call intrigues me. And could be the thing that makes Jinbe "ready" to join.

Yeah, and a whiney adorable giant mermaid at that.!
    I thought "Noah" would of been Poseidon, but it's setting in..
    It's kind of weird to think of, but it could be even more interesting...

Who or what is Pluton??
    Sounds far fetched but what if pluton is franky? or whoever has the blueprints of pluton??? I say it's franky since each member of the SH"s must be tied to luffy in some sort of way?? sorry it doesn't make any sense. It's hard to explain it!!

Damnit i was beaten to it!

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys have you noticed that all people of D. have this D-like smile on their faces. They display that smile practically always--even when they're facing death, which makes them a special case There wasn't a single D-named character whom I haven't seen displaying that D-like smile. Remember Luffy displayed his when he was about to be beheaded by Buggy. Roger displayed his in his last moments also, which made Smoker extremely surprised(or rather should I say shocked?) and which later, in Luffy's decapitation moment, made smoker bring up a topic particularly over that . Rouge displayed hers when she was naming her child(Ace) and also her last moments. Dragon displayed his when we first saw him saving Luffy from getting captured by Smoky lol. Garp is always displaying his, even when getting chastised by Sengoku. Jaguar D. Saul displayed his when he was, in his last moments, getting frozen by Aokiji. There's one thing strange however. Teach displayed fear when was grabbed from his neck by Whitebeard. It is very likely why he (WB) said, "you're not one of them Teach."
    Could they have been named after that? It would seem strange enough since D is originated from Latin, while OPC is built mostly over a Japanese culture.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kg21tmac1 View Post
    Sounds far fetched but what if pluton is franky? or whoever has the blueprints of pluton??? I say it's franky since each member of the SH"s must be tied to luffy in some sort of way?? sorry it doesn't make any sense. It's hard to explain it!!

If he had been, he would have used its(Pluton's) power to defeat the shishibukai and save Luffy's head, don't you think?

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neptune did kind of hint at Weakhoshi being Poseidon last chapter with the, "power to destroy the world" stuff so I'm not too surprised. I think Franky will reveal that Pluton is Noah, so Franky will know how to fix Noah. Remember that the Sea Kings brought the arc to Den's house and said that they would need "that family's power" to fix the arc, so its likely that Pluton and Noah are related somehow.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dragonballz66's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suspect that Franky already incorporated some of Pluton's features into Thousand Sunny. Since the blueprint was already destroyed, we wouldn't know for sure. But it would be awesome if true. Imagine, the two weapons capable of destroying the world are on Luffy's side (Shirahoshi/Poseidon and Pluton), the World Government would really freak out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky had the blueprints of Pluton. It's now clear that pluton is a thing, more likely a ship.

Yes, Pluton was obviously something material and likely a ship or weapon. I was attempting Internet sarcasm, but it clearly failed..

I wonder what role having Poseidon in FI will change things.
    It could be the beginning of a bunch of change in FI!

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys have you noticed that all people of D. have this D-like smile on their faces. They display that smile practically always--even when they're facing death, which makes them a special case There wasn't a single D-named character whom I haven't seen displaying that D-like smile. Remember Luffy displayed his when he was about to be beheaded by Buggy. Roger displayed his in his last moments also, which made Smoker extremely surprised(or rather should I say shocked?) and which later, in Luffy's decapitation moment, made smoker bring up a topic particularly over that . Rouge displayed hers when she was naming her child(Ace) and also her last moments. Dragon displayed his when we first saw him saving Luffy from getting captured by Smoky lol. Garp is always displaying his, even when getting chastised by Sengoku. Jaguar D. Saul displayed his when he was, in his last moments, getting frozen by Aokiji. There's one thing strange however. Teach displayed fear when was grabbed from his neck by Whitebeard. It is very likely why he (WB) said, "you're not one of them Teach."
    Could they have been named after that? It would seem strange enough since D is originated from Latin, while OPC is built mostly over a Japanese culture.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

If he had been, he would have used its(Pluton's) power to defeat the shishibukai and save Luffy's head, don't you think?
    That is true!!! what i meant to say was that franky had the blue prints of pluton so it is more likely a weapon/a thing rather than a person (you beat me to it). Sorry, i got a little to excited hahaha. But thanks for clarifying for me!!

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dragonballz66 View Post
    I would suspect that Franky already incorporated some of Pluton's features into Thousand Sunny. Since the blueprint was already destroyed, we wouldn't know for sure. But it would be awesome if true. Imagine, the two weapons capable of destroying the world are on Luffy's side (Shirahoshi/Poseidon and Pluton), the World Government would really freak out.
    The WG will freak out and i think that is the very reason why, before the time skip, that the WG wanted Luffy dead. They probably knew the potential he had. And this chapter is starting to show why he will be such a threat. Furthermore, he also has Robin on his side who can read the scriptures.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

That is true!!! what i meant to say was that franky had the blue prints of pluton so it is more likely a weapon/a thing rather than a person (you beat me to it). Sorry, i got a little to excited hahaha. But thanks for clarifying for me!!

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

The WG will freak out and i think that is the very reason why, before the time skip, that the WG wanted Luffy dead. They probably knew the potential he had. And this chapter is starting to show why he will be such a threat. Furthermore, he also has Robin on his side who can read the scriptures.
    No problemo^^ We all get excited and think, if not say, the strangest things. But it would be great though if Franky could memorize the blueprints of Pluton :P

The world government has acknowledged Luffy a dangerous threat after defeating Gekko Moriah of the Shichibukai and also for punching a World Noble, for breaking into and out of Impel Down along with 241 other prisoners, for participating in the Whitebeard War, for ringing the Ox Bell (which was taken as an act of war), and for being the son of Revolutionary Dragon.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So he doesn't join in the end. No nakama like in skypia, i guess islands far from the ground are not good...
    Honestly i don't see a fight from luffy this time, it's not really the mood of the chapter.
    Shiraoshi being poseidon is a nice twist, i wonder if the mermaid princess king of sea king is natural or something was done during void century. We still don't know what is the promise and what is noah for

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like if all the fishmen along with the king will say that he has nothing to do here(in fishman Island) and his place is among the SHs. Kinda like what Baratie did to Sanji. Even Sanji at first refused Luffy's invitation.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question to everyone? Do you think Oda will focus more on the poneglyphs in the New world?? Because right now it has taken a serious twist. ANd hopefully oda will elaborate what's the significance of poseidon (shirahoshi) and how it ties into the void century. This is really getting interesting and has really caught my attention. Maybe we will finally see a flash back of the last poseidon???? Maybe the last poseidon was during the void century? now that would be EPIC!!! A flash back, for the first time, of the void century! of course it won't be a real flash back but more of what neptune has heard through various stories from his ancestors???? THIS IS GOING TO BE EPIC!!!!

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    I think with all the discussion it is pretty evident that the topic of the thread should be changed to.. "how important princess power is?" or something in that line.. she is not an ancient weapon for sure
    The above post i did in this thread///// http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t-weapon/page2 (princess shirahoshi is One of ancient weapon?) Seeing the current spoilers... my apologies ... I just underestimated oda i guess .. like a normal human being does to god...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kusanagi_k's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one applaud Jinbei's/Oda's decision, though I seem to be a lone voice/in e minority. I'm sure it is not something decided <b>lightly</b> by either of them.
    Instead of lamenting or insisting, we should support it with a smile, knowing Oda-sensei has not let his fans down yet, & definitely knows what he's doing!

Some things IRL, and even in manga, while seeming so Great & Exciting & Inspired, that it absolutely 'NEEDS' to happen,
    might very well turn out not for the best actually (in the long run, for example). Unfortunately. Growing up is like that you know? haha And i suppose it correlates with the commonly-said “Think about it rationally”.

Just a personal, but honest opinion *deep bow* Anyway, the spoilers aren't confirmed yet right? Haha i may yet have to take everything back )

Glad to see that there are so many more mysteries..OP will accompany us for years to come still )

Quote Originally Posted by SharpKnives View Post
    Can anyone here read Kanji?
    -Not too many really, but anything you need help with?
    Last edited by kusanagi_k; December 07, 2011 at 03:15 AM.

Omaeda: Boo-yah!

New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast