Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

1 0.58%
  • 2 (Boring)

2 1.17%
  • 3 (Regular)

19 11.11%
  • 4 (Good)

67 39.18%
  • 5 (Epic!)

82 47.95%
New Reply
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 649 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RafiDe's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 649 Spoiler Discussion

i have a theory about shirley prediction,
    chapter 610 page 15
    there are 2 image of her prediction, top right and top left panel.
    so my theory is,
    on right panel is a vision about noah being half destroyed
    and on the left one is a vision of luffy standing in front of camp fire celebrating their victory...

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MochiRoll's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive twist!

I believe everyone, from last week, had been anticipating more if Jinbe will join the crew or not. And now, the answer's still unclear.

And then dang! Shirahoshi is Poseidon! And it just, as far as me is concern, took all the attention from whether or not Jinbe would be the next nakama. `Really an interesting twist! I can't wait for further explanation about.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

No offense to Oda, but this chapter seems kinda... boring. The Shirahoshi being Poseidon bit is a litttle surprising but that's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Shadoguardian; December 07, 2011 at 03:17 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the government know the true nature of Poseidon? Any attempt to acquire Poseidon would be an act of war, but it would be interesting to see how specific world government info is.

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omnion_1990's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    Does the government know the true nature of Poseidon? Any attempt to acquire Poseidon would be an act of war, but it would be interesting to see how specific world government info is.

FuS
    It makes complete sense for the mermaid princess to be "Poseiden" God of the sea. Because the only reason ships dont go into the calm belt is because of the "Sea Kings" and she is ABOVE the sea Kings.

It makes sense that a ship would then be built (not Noah) to destroy the mermaid princess and her sea kings. I think the government know this. But I bet Pluton was already used to kill a previous mermaid princess and "that" country, hence why the world government were looking for the blueprints to make pluton. I think they thought by segregating the merfolk under the sea there would be no "problem" of a mermaid princess, if she came along, her ability awakening or even if it did shes 10000000000000000000 miles under the sea.

The man Joy Boy was waiting for, I bet he's a D (joy boy), is most likely someone who can stand up to the World Government. Because if the mermaid princess ever made it to the SURFACE, that means "Poseidon" has been resurrected completely, and the world government wont have that and will gun for her. But of course "Poseiden" only occurs VERY rarely.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Omnion_1990 View Post
    It makes complete sense for the mermaid princess to be "Poseiden" God of the sea. Because the only reason ships dont go into the calm belt is because of the "Sea Kings" and she is ABOVE the sea Kings.

It makes sense that a ship would then be built (not Noah) to destroy the mermaid princess and her sea kings. I think the government know this. But I bet Pluton was already used to kill a previous mermaid princess and "that" country, hence why the world government were looking for the blueprints to make pluton. I think they thought by segregating the merfolk under the sea there would be no "problem" of a mermaid princess, if she came along, her ability awakening or even if it did shes 10000000000000000000 miles under the sea.

The man Joy Boy was waiting for, I bet he's a D (joy boy), is most likely someone who can stand up to the World Government. Because if the mermaid princess ever made it to the SURFACE, that means "Poseidon" has been resurrected completely, and the world government wont have that and will gun for her. But of course "Poseiden" only occurs VERY rarely.
    But hey, the ancient kingdom that I think left those weapons had only one enemy. As stated by Clover, the enemy survived and it's the world government. They( ancient kingdom) wouldn't use their weapons against each other(Pluton vs Poseidon).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lawlord's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I'm pissed Jimbei didn't join. Wtf duty does he have? He has a 400 million bounty and would only be a threat to fishman island... Lets see what you say later Oda.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akatsukichro View Post
    The world government has acknowledged Luffy a dangerous threat after defeating Gekko Moriah of the Shichibukai and also for punching a World Noble, for breaking into and out of Impel Down along with 241 other prisoners, for participating in the Whitebeard War, for ringing the Ox Bell (which was taken as an act of war), and for being the son of Revolutionary Dragon.
    let's not forget the burning of the WG flag when they were saving robin. that was already the start

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Wtf! Jinbe wont be joining? Damn! People were right when they said he would refuse becausr he had a duty to fulfill. Even though I considered this I didnt expect it to happen...

Shirahoshi is Poseidon? Wow! I guess it makes sense since Poseidon is the ruler of thr sea and can command all its creatures.

This has taken an interesting turn of events.

But now I wonder if anyone will join.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MMolch's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe jinbei will check out the candy factory of big mum first? would be pretty disappointing if the whole "big mum is the protector of the island" thing will be unmentioned for the rest of this arc ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think ,... its like always.. Usopp- "I have a duty in town towards cana.. toward the village to tell them lies everyday" ... Sanji "I have a duty against the old man" {they literally have to force him go} .... chopper "duty against doc" ... franky "duty towards his franky family" ..

So i think now another chapter his duty will be revealed and then will be taken care... All the members in the crew always wants to join but hold themselves back because they feel the responsibility of something towards which they already given half or more of their life ... whoever his duty is will gonna scream... "Jinbei go with the mugiwara... we will be fine... make us proud"

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member NoLimit89's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So I'm gonna guess that Poseidon was the name of a male ancient Fishmen warrior with the ability to not only control sea kings but maybe also cause tidal waves and whirlpools kinda like the God of the seas of Greek mythology. Prophecy tells of his rebirth - which just so happens to be Princess Shiro - surprise twist is that Poseidon is reincarnated as a woman. Pluton is an ancient ship with amazing firepower and defense capable of taking down sea kings and fight against Poseidon.

My OP Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

And as I was expecting, Jinbe refused.
    Now, let's wait until Hodi gets inside the Thousand Sunny (Robin style) and tells Luffy he wants to travel with them to see what humans really are.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMolch View Post
    maybe jinbei will check out the candy factory of big mum first? would be pretty disappointing if the whole "big mum is the protector of the island" thing will be unmentioned for the rest of this arc ...
    Plus, there haven't been any side effects to the pills either.. which are likely the candies... I bet is something like "Soylent Green" and those pills are compressed people (pirates and fishman) that would be nice if instead of having the arc ending, and the arc all the sudden gets a lot worse by having to face big mom and the Jinbei is free to leave. But while that would be nice, I rather see a new place and leave Fishman Island.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member knivez's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Shirahoshi is poseidon, what an interesting twist. And NOAH is her ship/arc that she rides. Makes me think about a extremely powerfull character from the past who also rides on a arc...

He went up into the sky instead of going down to the sea..

Probably not related but there are some similarities. Oda has to do something though with the people on the moon and their cave drawings.

One pieze Z, luffy on other planets? nah rather not.
    't goeie leven dat smakt maar 't geweten dat krakt.

New Reply
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast