Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

1 0.58%
  • 2 (Boring)

2 1.17%
  • 3 (Regular)

19 11.11%
  • 4 (Good)

67 39.18%
  • 5 (Epic!)

82 47.95%
New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 649 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 649 Discussion / 650 Prediction

Take it then as a prediction for the next chapter: They will finally leave Fishman Island :P

...PLEASE.

@kg21tmac1: Thanks. As I always say: Any ideas I'm open to them.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Somalia
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: One Piece 649 Discussion / 650 Prediction

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

I have a question
    There was a two panels http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/26812784/15 were there were two tables with food and drinks
    I assumed it's a tribute to the dead queen, but who is the other one for? I thought it might be for tiger

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Initially I thought it was to show the time passing by, then I thought there was someone under it and now I just think they're two panels with food with no purpose at all :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Somalia
    Post Thanks / Like

but to waste two panels, I think they have some kind of message

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matan View Post
    but to waste two panels, I think they have some kind of message
    I did think that as well and was brutally argued 5 pages ago or something. If you want we can be the only ones who bet on those two panels to be more relevant than they seem.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Somalia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I did think that as well and was brutally argued 5 pages ago or something. If you want we can be the only ones who bet on those two panels to be more relevant than they seem.
    I guess so. but I like those two panels, they give the chapter a warm feeling.
    so two more days for the next chapter , I'll read some books to pass the time

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matan View Post
    I guess so. but I like those two panels, they give the chapter a warm feeling.
    so two more days for the next chapter , I'll read some books to pass the time
    It may show that the times has passed, as mentioned earlier or that everyone is enjoying the party so to show all the food is being devoured. However, it may be relevant you never know!!! But as of now it seems like people are thinking too much into it! But i understand the way you think since oda doesn't waste time like that. Every panel means something.

Also, i know the arc isn't over until they reach NW. In a way the last chapter is a cliff hanger, we don't know if the discussion will continue nor will the mugi's depart as soon as the party is over and everyone is a sleep.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    Wow, You went too far and got me completely wrong, I didn't mention anything about peace between WG and FI ... You told me that you don't know what kind of threat will make Jimbei Obey the World Government and you used the example of Ohara (Because after destroying Ohara The WG used conspiracy against them as excuse for what happened) to tell me that you don't know what kinda excuse they will give if they ever intend to harm Fishmen Island ... So I told you that they don't have to give any excuse because only few succeed in getting to the Island, and due to the difficulty and adding the fact that there's no map to show/mark the way with certainty, if someone gives up the search and decides to go back to the surface he will just say that he failed (HE COULDN'T GET THERE) and I Gave you a simple example of a human or pirate that tries to get to Fishmen Island and after days searching every inch of the Ocean Floor and trying to pass unnoticed he gave up and go back to the Surface.
    hahaha...I was confused. When you said,"even if someone succeeded to get where it "was"(assumingthe World Government annihilated the island), and makes it back to the Surface again, he will think he failed," I thought you meant that even if the WG went and destroyed the island, he will still think he failed, like he didn't get what he wanted(not satisfied etc). A confusion of pronouns
    You said that even if someone succeeded to get where it "was"(meaning it isn't anymore cuz the World Government obliterated the island), and makes it back to the Surface again, he will think he failed. My good friend, how could someone get to nonexistent FI if there was no magnetic field that would make the Log Pose points to it?
    Last edited by Hamlet; December 12, 2011 at 05:39 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Lagoon
    Don't pirates have to pass through Fishman Island to refill their air-supply? Wasn't that the case with the Mugiwaras too? The Air-Canon we saw in the last chapters may be the refill-station.

I really would love some revelations about the New World pirates after this, but first they could encounter some marines at Marineford, schow the current fleet-admiral, tease Vegapunk or start a arc with him as a main-character... okay it would be to early for him. But after a bout with some marines, they could show new bounties, with Shanks and the Supernova reading the news in the next cover story.
    Last edited by Schabrak; December 12, 2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: editor's own formating lol
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think the one who will be waiting at the entrance of the NW will be Sentomaru , i'm sure that guy won't forgive Luffy and the whole crew for making a fool out of him , destroying 2 Pacifista and fleeing right under his nose . I take it that Sentomaru will become like Smoker , completely obsessed to catch the SH's

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Don't pirates have to pass through Fishman Island to refill their air-supply? Wasn't that the case with the Mugiwaras

too? The Air-Canon we saw in the last chapters may be the refill-station..
    The SHs needed to refill their air supply because they had overused Coup De burst. As for other pirates generally, they normally have enough air to go 10.000M down and go back to the surface. http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/611/15
    As for why they pass through FI(or settle down for a while in any island that the Log was pointing to), it's simply for their Log to settle down and starts pointing toward the next island, but the New World is different.
    Last edited by Hamlet; December 12, 2011 at 09:01 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hilarious how so many people are confused by the stupidly simple artistic way of showing time passing by to skip the obvious but unimportant details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    B]Black Lagoon[/B]
    Don't pirates have to pass through Fishman Island to refill their air-supply? Wasn't that the case with the Mugiwaras

too? The Air-Canon we saw in the last chapters may be the refill-station.
    Since the SH follow the basic log pose they had to reach Fishman Island first so the engineer, Rayleigh, can use the default coating method. Furthermore the bubble seems to disappear if a ship resurfaces ( http://www.mangareader.net/103-17409...apter-551.html ) and since the entrance isn't under water ( http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/638/3 ) I assume every ship gets a new coating.
    Were there any other tools but the log pose which don't require to pass FI then the coating would need to consider the ascending part. In this case there would be weights, that could be ejected, and more air to balance the speed of immersion at the beginning.

Until the SH reach the other side of the Red Line they probably have to move straight forward but we can only imagine how they are going to accomplish that.
    As there different bubble types (*) I assume the SH will get the ascending type and follow a stream that goes through the Red Line hole.

Whether the air cannon is also used to refill the ship depends on the way the ships are moving later on but it's a nice detail to consider.

(*)http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/641/16
    Last edited by yieps; December 12, 2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: added a source and semantics

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akatsukichro View Post
    hahaha...I was confused. When you said,"even if someone succeeded to get where it "was"(assumingthe World Government annihilated the island), and makes it back to the Surface again, he will think he failed," I thought you meant that even if the WG went and destroyed the island, he will still think he failed, like he didn't get what he wanted(not satisfied etc). A confusion of pronouns
    You said that even if someone succeeded to get where it "was"(meaning it isn't anymore cuz the World Government obliterated the island), and makes it back to the Surface again, he will think he failed. My good friend, how could someone get to nonexistent FI if there was no magnetic field that would make the Log Pose points to it?
    Damn, I completely forgot about the Log Pose!!!
    Schabrak : I think I don't have to answer now ... @yieps and @akatsukichro were very clear.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

if oda doesn't take a break next week,we should be lucky enough to have the chapters untill the end of this year and even until the 1st half of January.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he'll take a break, he already took enough these past weeks ... the next IMO will be for the end of the year, and since Fishmen Island's arc is coming to an end (APPARENTLY) and knowing Oda-SAMA, that Bastard I guess he'll leave us with a huge cliffhanger.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast