Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

1 0.58%
  • 2 (Boring)

2 1.17%
  • 3 (Regular)

19 11.11%
  • 4 (Good)

67 39.18%
  • 5 (Epic!)

82 47.95%
New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: One Piece 649 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 649 Discussion / 650 Prediction

The sea kings seem to have a much higher level of intelligence than previously thought.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they actually have knowledge about what happened in the void century, considering they made a promise with joyboy and the mermaid princess back then.

I don't believe that Shirahoshi alone is the great weapon. I believe the weapon is the combination of her (Poseidon), Noah, and the sea kings that pull Noah (Poseidon's chariot).

We know that Pluton is a great battle ship, quite probably near indestructible, but what would the other weapons be? Perhaps the Pirate King himself is one of the great weapons (Zeus), making the trio complete (The brothers Zeus, Poseidon and Pluto/Hades).

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ramstain View Post
    I don't believe that Shirahoshi alone is the great weapon. I believe the weapon is the combination of her (Poseidon), Noah, and the sea kings that pull Noah (Poseidon's chariot).
    We do know now that her power to call out and talk to Sea kings is what made her a weapon of mass destruction plus those Sea kings all hail her as their Queen/King. Maybe there's more to her real inherited powers.

And I think Noah is separated with the thought of Shirahoshi being a dangerous weapon. It is still unclear what Joy Boy's real promise was but we can assume the Mermaid princess back then asked for this "family" of fishman shipwrights to build a ship that could accomodate every merfolk that time for when they're ready to go up, she could just call out the Sea Kings to pull it. Maybe Joy Boy was supposed to be the one to sort of negotiate on behalf of the Ryuguu kingdom with the World Government about them merging on the surface.

Quote Quote:
    We know that Pluton is a great battle ship, quite probably near indestructible, but what would the other weapons be? Perhaps the Pirate King himself is one of the great weapons (Zeus), making the trio complete (The brothers Zeus, Poseidon and Pluto/Hades).
    Unless there's a blooming pirate age that time like we have in the current storyline, I don't think it's plausible. And what would a "pirate king" do to make himself a big threat to the World Government and be considered a weapon of mass destruction?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    We do know now that her power to call out and talk to Sea kings is what made her a weapon of mass destruction plus those Sea kings all hail her as their Queen/King. Maybe there's more to her real inherited powers.

And I think Noah is separated with the thought of Shirahoshi being a dangerous weapon. It is still unclear what Joy Boy's real promise was but we can assume the Mermaid princess back then asked for this "family" of fishman shipwrights to build a ship that could accomodate every merfolk that time for when they're ready to go up, she could just call out the Sea Kings to pull it. Maybe Joy Boy was supposed to be the one to sort of negotiate on behalf of the Ryuguu kingdom with the World Government about them merging on the surface.

Unless there's a blooming pirate age that time like we have in the current storyline, I don't think it's plausible. And what would a "pirate king" do to make himself a big threat to the World Government and be considered a weapon of mass destruction?
    it could be a possibility! Roger knew the history of the void century, something the WG is doing everything within their power to stop it, and i'm assuming roger was considered a huge threat to the WG because of what he knew and how strong he was. The man was the pirate king!!! And luffy, is the next generation that roger (and WB) has been waiting for! he could truly be more than just the pirate king. He could potentially bring down the WG it self!

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kg21tmac1 View Post
    it could be a possibility! Roger knew the history of the void century, something the WG is doing everything within their power to stop it, and i'm assuming roger was considered a huge threat to the WG because of what he knew and how strong he was. The man was the pirate king!!! And luffy, is the next generation that roger (and WB) has been waiting for! he could truly be more than just the pirate king. He could potentially bring down the WG it self!
    My point is, was Roger even around when those weapons existence were inscribed in the Poneglyphs? And I'm assuming these weapons are literally weapons that can destroy physical matters, not something like what you're saying. Just my own prediction tho.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

no those weapons were not around when roger was still alive. But, zeus can be luffy as the final piece of the weapon. Again it's a possibility!! Or zeus is another weapon that luffy may have to control as well as pluton and poseidon. so yeah i can of agree to your prediction because zeus can be someone/something else. The reason why i am being skeptical is because no one thought (except for one person if i remember) thought poseidon was shirahoshi! Everyone thought poseidon was an actual weapon! With oda, you never know!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what ever happened to Caribou. If he has an infinite space within him using his powers, why didn't he use it to take both the mermaids and the treasure? My personal theory is that he unknowingly abducted a practitioner of merman combat who gave him a "stomach ache", forcing him to get rid of the mermaids.

I'm also willing to bet that he probably stows away on the Straw Hats ship (seeing as he has no other way to get off the island), but gets discovered, and tries to bribe them in letting him stay onboard using the treasure. I'd find it hilarious to see Nami fall for that routine. My bet is that they'll take the treasure, trap him in a barrel and chuck him overboard when they get to the surface. I'm also guessing that the Tamatebako thing will probably end up as a useful item to one of the Straw Hats, maybe as a bargaining tool like Captain John's armband.

As for Jinbe, I don't know when he'll join, but it'll probably be after Luffy gets the higher bounty.
    Last edited by Shadoguardian; December 14, 2011 at 01:20 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribou could have left with any one of those pirates that were released by Neptune but that said he is filled with treasure and i am sure nami would love to take that off his hands.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn11 View Post
    Caribou could have left with any one of those pirates that were released by Neptune but that said he is filled with treasure and i am sure nami would love to take that off his hands.
    That is if the pirates still have a ship. Also, I don't thik he's given up on the idea of taking the Straw Hats heads.

I also think that there might be a chance that Madam Shirley appears again and offers a prediction as an apology to Luffy, both for putting him and his crew in trouble and for what her brother did. My guess is that Luffy will refuse it and walks away, but she'll make a prediction about him anyway even though he's not around, and it'll be something on a world wide scale.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Why everyone assumes that Shirley's prediction was meant to happen now without even considering that it may refer still to the future?

I'm pretty sure what Shirley saw was Luffy when He comes back, after visiting Raftel and knowing something crucial.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Why everyone assumes that Shirley's prediction was meant to happen now without even considering that it may refer still to the future?

I'm pretty sure what Shirley saw was Luffy when He comes back, after visiting Raftel and knowing something crucial.
    I guess that if it would happen,that is if rufy will destroy fishmen island at the end,that action would lack "depth". every reader will think that the prediction wasn't but a metaphor. if oda wants to amuse us,he has to make it happen now.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

From My perspective, her prediction already took place when Luffy came out of Megalo's mouth. I'll explain, she didn't see the whole scene, so she can't say for sure that Luffy was behind that destruction ... In other words, IMO her vision was like the Picture of Tiger here

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 649 Discussion

The way Madame Shirley is looking at Luffy here makes me think that the prophecy was already fulfilled. After all that's happened, Luffy literally destroying the island doesn't really makes sense.

New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20