Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub 136 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 136 Discussion / 137 Predictions

This is one hell of a plot advancement in one chapter. I expected at least 2 chapters wasted on the games, but Im glad it turned out to be this. Jaberwock entrance was sure epic. Looking forward to the fights.

About Hilda, I think she will lose her memories, but there will be a arc afterwards in brining her memories back.

About the pillar heads, I must say they were overhyped too much. They are weak. Infact the whole Behemot squad is rather weak. Im glad that they are the Enos companion. Would be disappointing if they were the devil kings army.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I thought that part with Lamia talking about a strategist was talking about Furuichi. :V I thought he was called "the Strategist", right?

Either way, sorry for sounding vague. xD

I don't know M3J, I have a strong feeling the next chapter might just focus on Jabberwock vs. Oga. On the other hand, the personal pillars look interesting...Lunana looks like she stepped out of a rap/hip-hop video.
    I thought it was Oga saying Lamia was a master strategist. O_o

They do look interesting, I just hope it won't be a boring fight with the humans not as powerful.

Though, something tells me we might even see Oga and Toujou doubleteam against Jabberwocky and Behemoth. That'd be cool to see. :O

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I thought it was Oga saying Lamia was a master strategist. O_o
    Wow, this shows that maybe Tamura-sensei is really rushing things. Its a shame rankings were so low up until this chapter, I think the mangaka could have slowed down just a tad.

The only reason I have to believe it was Lamia talking about Furuichi is that that is the what he's called in the manga--either Strategist or General. Plus...I guess that's my Furuichi-fanside coming out. xD Hopefully next chapter will clear that up for us.

I think it would be awesome for Toujou to have a fight of his own too, but I'm not sure if Behemoth is an equal match for him. I think its more likely he'll be given the task of keeping Hilda safe while fighting off anyone else wanting to back Jabberwock up.

Damnit, this just makes me want to know exactly how much Toujou knows about the demons. The Red Tails still think of magicians over the supernatural.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Shame the rankings were even low in the first place, it deserves to have higher ranking.

Oh. Thought it was Lamia who knew about the demons, so it was her who told them what to do. :x

Possibly so, but I think Toujou got powerful enough to be on par with Behemoth. Plus, the dude just tanked a damn sword and kept fighting. X_X

I don't think he does, goin by his convo with Saotome and Oga when they reunited int he school.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think behemoth is one of those, really god tier guy that oga and toujou can't really handle..yet.
    My guess is that after the fights are done, behemoth will do something significant to the plot and he will remain in the plot
    for a long time.

Shame about the rankings and that things are being rushed..but this few chapters will bring it up.
    Oga is still too overpowered and the pillar heads overrated for me.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I know, right? I loved the Aoi vs Oga training arc, and definitely that courtroom dream should have been in the top five.

Now that I'm thinking about it, that makes more sense. Plus, even though we don't know how close Lamia is with her mother, she would at least know who the pillarheads were and what their powers are.

I want the next chapter to be Toujou struggling to translate Oga's Super Milk Time into something he can understand....maybe lactose intolerance?

Speaking of Behemoth, when do you guys think En will show up, of at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I think behemoth is one of those, really god tier guy that oga and toujou can't really handle..yet.
    My guess is that after the fights are done, behemoth will do something significant to the plot and he will remain in the plot
    for a long time.

Shame about the rankings and that things are being rushed..but this few chapters will bring it up.
    Oga is still too overpowered and the pillar heads overrated for me.
    Good point! I think if Behemoth gets defeated by Toujou, then that would mean he is real weaksauce. Toujou should get someone else to fight with on the rooftop.

I like that the pillar heads are overrated--that means we can have a good laugh when Oga punches them into fodderdom.
    Last edited by Teeba; December 11, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, the low rankings the past few weeks really killed this arc's current chapters. I'm one of those who got really wtf'd with how the Pillarheads are being pwned one by one. It's like the hype before just went to waste.

And now I wonder what the outcome of the match with Jabberwock will be. I'm confused of the current power levels of the characters. Hope Tamura somehow manage to salvage this arc soon.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    ^ I know, right? I loved the Aoi vs Oga training arc, and definitely that courtroom dream should have been in the top five.

Now that I'm thinking about it, that makes more sense. Plus, even though we don't know how close Lamia is with her mother, she would at least know who the pillarheads were and what their powers are.
    Laymia cares about Lamia, but Lamia's relationship with her mother is unknown. I'm assuming it's not that good. :x I thought it's cuz Lamia observed and knew the pillars cuz of her mom, but her mom would have taught her too. She probably also did medical care on them.

Quote Quote:
    I want the next chapter to be Toujou struggling to translate Oga's Super Milk Time into something he can understand....maybe lactose intolerance?

Speaking of Behemoth, when do you guys think En will show up, of at all?
    Lactose intolerance? Wha? ._.

I don't think En will show up any time soon. He'll probably be busy or playing video games and then go WTF when he see his army beaten. That'd be funny.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a normal denizen of the Mangafox forum, but I think an interesting point has been raised here regarding the power level of the Pillar Heads.

I for one don't think the Pillar Heads are weak. It's just that they are facing a Demon Lord, which is much above their level. I don't think Tamura-sensei ever intended to make the Akumano battle a long series of one-on-one fights with each of the generals until Oga met Jabberwock. This would, in my opinion, have made the arc boring.

And if you think of it, Oga has only faced one Pillar Head who was prepared for a direct attack: Basilisk. Salamander never got the opportunity to put up a fight because he thought Oga and Toujou were mesmerised.

In an elite squadron, I would also expect some of the generals to use other tools than brute force, like Salamander's treacherous flames and Quetzalcoatl's magical powers.

I think the author struck a good balance. Ananta, for example, caused many people to complain that Aoi was too weak.

As for the Pillars, well, yes, they are weak, but again this is relative to the power of a Demon Lord.

I think the author did a good job of intertwining fight scenes and comedy, without becoming repetitive. In the end, he broke everything down to half a dozen scenes, each one very different from the others, something that would have been impossible to do if they were to face each one of the 34 Pillars and Pillar Heads. Tamura-sensei went on to face Jabberwock because this is the fight everyone is waiting for.

Now he will finish it in style, with each of the thug/Horseman/wet maid teams, Aoi/Agiel, Toujou and Oga getting one final battle for themselves.

I think we are going to see two battles per chapter: Red Tails and Team Kanzaki, then Horsemen and Kunieda. And then we will have one or two chapters of a simultaneous double battle of Toujou and Oga against Behemoth and Jabberwock. A great way of beginning the new year.

It's also worth noting that the author seems to have shifted the source of evil exclusively to the Jabberwock faction. The regular Pillars and Pillar Heads of the Squad did not get to attack the humans other than Toujou, Oga and Aoi. I think the intention is too make Jabberwock the sole villain so that the rest of the Squad can come back later as allies in a future arc. Some of the Pillar Heads even look like they could be nice fellows under different circumstances, like Quetzal and even Basilisk.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the pace the story is going. If Oga couldn't beat the pillar heads fairly easily then he wouldn't stand any chance against Jabberwock. I don't think the piller heads are being half-assed at all. Oga is the main character so at the very least he should be a class above the grunts.

If you're a fan of Naruto then don't worry. You'll see the main character get beat up soon against Jabber. Oga is going to put up one hell of a fight though.

Also, if there weren't so many piller heads then the battles would probably be more even.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are forgeting Naga... Oga was at the level of a Pillar head since that time, after a tough training, after some more perfect his form he was ready.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that doesn't mean every Pillar heads are of the same level. It wasn't stated they have equal strength and to think that Jabberwock was a Pillar head before too until he was removed. Now that I made this point, maybe I could at least believe the ones beaten by Oga and Tojou were one of the weakest. That's just me trying to convince myself though, since I really did have high expectations with the Pillar heads in terms of battling skills and all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

This is gonna be an awesome fight. i think it will be oga +Toujou vs Jabberwock . If all of the pillars are defeated i wonder what will the prince do?
    Go back to bring some more troupes?
    and incidentally Hilda said when Oga declared that he wont let beel destroy humanity it will make him the enemy of hell. May be we will see the true Hells army this time
    you know this has been bugging me for the whole series now IF there is a hell and they want to destroy humanity shouldnt there be a heaven where there are folks who are trying to rescue it from the evil grasp?
    any one think we ll see the blessed beings ever in the manga?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone keeps saying the Pillars and Pillar Heads are weak, but you're all forgetting one crucial weakness the have... NONE OF THEM ARE CONTRACTED. They are all probably way stronger in the Demon world , maybe even stronger than Oga

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    Well, that doesn't mean every Pillar heads are of the same level. It wasn't stated they have equal strength and to think that Jabberwock was a Pillar head before too until he was removed. Now that I made this point, maybe I could at least believe the ones beaten by Oga and Tojou were one of the weakest. That's just me trying to convince myself though, since I really did have high expectations with the Pillar heads in terms of battling skills and all.
    I agree. People have different strengths and weaknesses, and that why sometimes they appear strong, and sometimes they appear weak. Basilisk was never considered strong, its just that he looked it. And like kendama said (welcome to the forum!), Salamander was knocked out without warning. I'm sure if he thought he was going to fighting Oga & Toujou, maybe they would have struggled more against him.

Nintendodude brings up a great point -- none of them are contracted. I can easily see some of the future enemies of Oga being actual contracted pillar heads of a different fraction.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast