Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Would you liked more about this chapter? (Multiple poll people)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Transformer Tsubone!

10 18.18%
  • Amane-Kanary relationship!

10 18.18%
  • The No-Chairman Faction

13 23.64%
  • Illumi Needled Army

20 36.36%
  • Killua being badass <3

32 58.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 328 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 328 Discussion / 329 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post

It's been shown that when you combine more than one person's power you can do things otherwise not possible by a single person (virtually all the good reward cards from GI). Presumably the motorcycle uses aura as fuel instead of gasoline, and if you look at the speed involved, it's still only as fast as a top of line motorcycle would do. If it's silly, it's silly in the sense that you could just drive around in a top end motorcycle to begin with, though convenience matters a lot here too, since a motorcycle is clearly not something you can carry around with you at all times.
    Top end of the line motorcycle make you able to go at 200+mph?

Good to know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tombadgerlock View Post
    Top end of the line motorcycle make you able to go at 200+mph?

Good to know.
    Good to know there's google indeed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifrk6JeCafo

More research relating to this topic here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...on_motorcycles

It looks like motorcycle makers agreed to make motorcycles that go no faster than 300km/h probably because going faster would just get more people killed. That's well above the 240km/h estimated speed Killua was going. Just look at the speedometer of a high end luxury car. It definitely goes past the 240km/h range which implies that speed is reachable.
    Last edited by Phantron; December 09, 2011 at 10:07 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post

It looks like motorcycle makers agreed to make motorcycles that go no faster than 300km/h probably because going faster would just get more people killed. That's well above the 240km/h estimated speed Killua was going. Just look at the speedometer of a high end luxury car. It definitely goes past the 240km/h range which implies that speed is reachable.
    Grandma's motorcycle was going well above twice Killua's speed, though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You aren't really disucssing the exact amount of speed the Grandmacycle was able to drive? Hm would be interesting if we had the needed refferences.
    1. It's a Grandma turning into a Motorcycle.
    2. I think there could be as much people sitting on grandmacycle as there are seats, as long as the people's Aura won't exceed her Limit.
    For example: Netero alone would be enough to force Grandmacycle to her limit. The Person on the grandmacycle is solely gasoline for Tsubone.
    3. Netero would eventually speed Tsubone up to a point where her reactions can't keep up anymore and she crashes into the next object, but if the Driver sitting on Grandmacycle is able to controll movements than Netero would be able to react.

So the question is where the limit in Tsubone's ability is.

I don't care how much km/h she's able to go up to, but did the Manga ever stated Killuah's max-speed while using "Godspeed"?
    That's what I want to know. I have to re-read certain Chaps again, I guess.

But now Illumi is the problem and his Needle companions. I hope the butlers decide on battling Illumi due to a rule or to protect Killuah(Killuah is able to twist the situation in a way that not only Alluka but he himself is in danger because he won't give up on her and Illumi won't stop from attacking Alluka, this way he could hit Killuah instead of alluka due to the situation).

The Candidates/Anti Chairman fraction will probably be little support, but I doubt they'll be a serious threat to Illumi and Hisoka.

Morau should be on the battlefield, but he's doing fine where he is now.
    I hope for new hunters to appear as backup.
    Maybe Leorio makes his move and if not than he eventually called and reached Kurapika, that would be epic too.

Well, ehrm...that's it. I'm pretty ill (stomach hurts due to a infection and my concentration is shitty as hell sry bout that)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope none of the anti-faction dies or the guys will have less voters in the election xD

And you have to remember that Maha is the only Intensification in Zoldycks and the one who was able to fight with Netero and live. I assume Tsubone then must had to being used by him, since She's old as well. I doubt, then, that She was at her limit with Maha and I doubt Netero would have the same issue, so the ability must not be limited to her own aura limit.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That wasn't my point.
    I meant that her ability has some limitation, like nearly all other abilitys.

It's like this: Amane and the other butler (i forgot her name) were on Tsubone's Motorcycle and Amane said that this motorcycle runs with their aura, so that means more Aura = more speed (or the motorcycle is just able to drive for a longer period)

So I would've to know wether more Aura makes her faster or enables her to run longer.
    But if 4 people with the amount of amane's aura would ride on Tsubone she could drive for a very long time or she would be fast as hell due to more aura and if 4 Amanes are out of Aura and she just have 4 or 5 other amane-level butlers to replace the previous ones she could drive as if nothing happened, because the one sitting on her gets drained not Tsubone herself.
    But that would be a haxx ability if someone like Netero would use Tsubone because Netero is known for a crazy amount of Aura (remember the beam-attack which drains the users Aura/Nen until nothings left), so he could drive her around the world or make her ?times faster than Killuah.
    That's what I wanted to say.
    But I hadn't thought about her ability enough, we don't know if a person with more Aura makes her faster or allows her just to drive longer, I should've considered that but overlooked it.

So another thing I would like to know is if the ability drains her nen, because she is obviously transformation-type her nen would eventually run out at some point, right?

Ah and Uriel, it was said that Netero was the one to survive Maha and lived to tell the tale and not the opposite, hehe =D
    "Maha is the only Enhancer in the Zoldyck family. It is unknown how powerful he is or was, but according to Zeno, Chairman Netero, once the strongest fighter in the world, was the only person who had ever survived battling with him. "
    "Some years later, Netero would eventually fight Zeno Zoldyck's grandfather, Maha Zoldyck, and lived to tell the tale." - from a HxH wiki Site

Sry for the misunderstanding.
    Last edited by ~Andrew~; December 10, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say She's Manipulation type with a bit of Transformation, not otherwise. Since the fuel is the aura and not the aura is transformed in fuel, I mean.

And it probably has a cap, but it's probably not speed since it's the goal of it. Probably duration.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Transformationpart wouldn't be the Aura but she turning into a Motorcycle xD That's the funny thought I had, but it's she can't transform into an motorcycle right? It's just a motorcycle which looks like her? I'm confused now. xD

I srsly thought that she Transformed into a Motorcycle because it suddenly appeared like a summon in Naruto would do xD
    But if it can appear before you if needed why didn't Tsubone used it since she was closer to Killuah? Just because she has to be cautious about Alluka?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Andrew~ View Post
    But if it can appear before you if needed why didn't Tsubone used it since she was closer to Killuah? Just because she has to be cautious about Alluka?
    Yeah, because she needs to stay close to Killua but not too close due to Alluka's remaining pesters. Otherwise she would fail her duty, if something might happen to Killua or he breaks the rule of level 4. She needs to be in a position, where she can take immediate action in case something like that happens.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the feeling the using aura to drive part isn't something any random guy can do, otherwise Canary should've contributed too (Amane implied it uses up a lot). It'd be like Gensuru and his 2 friends can combine to detonate the bombs earlier, but there's no indication that he can do that with just anyone. I'm guessing if you worked on it long enough anybody could use aura to drive the Tsubone-mobile, but it's not something you can learn immediately.

And I think the point is that without a driver using up aura, Tsubone wouldn't be faster than she was on foot. Otherwise she has no particular to wait for Amane to catch up since it looks like Amane and Canary are just newbies (relative to Tsubone) and Tsubone sure isn't depending on their experience.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Somalia
    Post Thanks / Like

first post ever!!!
    I guess she needed their aura in addition to hers so that they can catch up
    at least that's what i understood from Tsubone's request to Amane.
    ------
    I found it odd that the name Amane means wishes in Arabic, seeing that
    the arc relates to Alluka and her granting wishes is it just a coincidence?

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Andrew~ View Post
    The Transformationpart wouldn't be the Aura but she turning into a Motorcycle xD That's the funny thought I had, but it's she can't transform into an motorcycle right? It's just a motorcycle which looks like her? I'm confused now. xD
    Remember that Transformation implies to transform your aura into something else. What She's doing currently corresponds more to manipulation or conjuration, actually. I would say Manipulation primary on her behavior, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by matan View Post
    first post ever!!!
    I found it odd that the name Amane means wishes in Arabic, seeing that
    the arc relates to Alluka and her granting wishes is it just a coincidence?
    Nice find! It may be, you never know. If He ends to be the wisher, I'll applaud you, sir.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About the transformation into a motorcycle...

...remember, in the Tower Arena arc, one of the first "nen" opponent that Gon fought against used his nen to turn his body into a top. I guess this is just a much more advanced version of that.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedNeko View Post
    About the transformation into a motorcycle...
    ...remember, in the Tower Arena arc, one of the first "nen" opponent that Gon fought against used his nen to turn his body into a top. I guess this is just a much more advanced version of that.
    Guido made his body shaped without Nen. He was manipulation type and controlled the spiny thingies which I can't remember the name in English now.

Still, that Transformation is no the same as Hatsu Transformation.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, tsubone must be manipulation. Yupi was also a manipulation user and transformed his own body (if I recall one of the pages in the databook said that) and in all likelihood that snake user is also manipulation (transforming her hands into snakes). Transformation implies converting your nen into something different, this is not what any of those guys are doing.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Anyways, it is the end of the volume already. Would togashi grace us, measly, petty, insignificant mortals who crave for what he writes, with yet another volume this year? Or will he just stop as the holidays approach?

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast